North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

UTD Parking Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

UTD Parking

Go down

UTD Parking Empty UTD Parking

Post by Guest 18/10/13, 03:18 pm

Meant to post this earlier in the week, but kept forgetting...

Open question to any of you civil engineers out there...

If LHGCL is going to utilize all 10 fields at UTD for a full slate of games on a given day, what makes more sense from a parking/traffic flow standpoint...

Have all 10 fields using the same start times for games, or, stagger the game start times for the North fields (#1-#6) by 45 minutes from the South fields (#7-#10)?

Last weekend was an absolute mess with 10 games worth of families all showing up 45 minutes before their scheduled game time, and then 10 games worth of families all trying to leave at the exact same time 45 minutes later.

Would it be better if those 10 games worth of families were roughly split 50/50 between arriving/departing families? (i.e. the families showing up 45 minutes before their game started on the South fields would be showing up at the same time the North field families would be leaving from their game that just finished, and vice versa, every 45 minutes).

Back to top Go down

UTD Parking Empty Re: UTD Parking

Post by justpeachy 18/10/13, 04:45 pm

You are way more PC than I would have been on this question. It is absolutely horrible. The parking sucks.

And yes I like your idea of staggering the game start times AND making a drop off spot.

justpeachy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 18/10/13, 05:30 pm

The hubby was saying the same thing last weekend but I didn't think it was all that bad. Of course he doesn't spend an hour of his day, five days a week, fighting three different schools pick up lines. Laughing 

txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 18/10/13, 06:14 pm

bwgophers wrote:Meant to post this earlier in the week, but kept forgetting...

Open question to any of you civil engineers out there...

If LHGCL is going to utilize all 10 fields at UTD for a full slate of games on a given day, what makes more sense from a parking/traffic flow standpoint...

Have all 10 fields using the same start times for games, or, stagger the game start times for the North fields (#1-#6) by 45 minutes from the South fields (#7-#10)?

Last weekend was an absolute mess with 10 games worth of families all showing up 45 minutes before their scheduled game time, and then 10 games worth of families all trying to leave at the exact same time 45 minutes later.

Would it be better if those 10 games worth of families were roughly split 50/50 between arriving/departing families?  (i.e. the families showing up 45 minutes before their game started on the South fields would be showing up at the same time the North field families would be leaving from their game that just finished, and vice versa, every 45 minutes).
You are just talking craziness now ... Makes too much sense!    Laughing
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherbug 18/10/13, 07:29 pm

Don't want to turn this thread into a rant, but it was taking some of our parents who arrived late in the 45-minute warm up window 20 minutes to find a parking space. Also, don't ever park in the far SE corner of the parking lot. It took me 25 minutes to exit to Campbell after the game.
weatherbug
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/10/13, 09:01 pm

After re-reading my initial post (and admitting that I may have a penchant for sarcasm in some of my posts), I want to be clear that my question here is sincere.

On the surface, it would seem to me that staggering the field start times would alleviate some of the parking/traffic flow issues, but I by no means have any expertise in this area.  I could also see where, the 50/50 mixture of people trying to find parking spaces at the same time people are exiting could be no better, or possibly even worse than the current situation.

I've got to imagine there is a txsoccer.net lurker out there who is a civil engineer and has at least studied traffic flow problems that could comment if my suggestion has any real merit.

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 19/10/13, 11:42 am

I think the easiest solution would have been to keep the access road to/from Campbell Road, providing two entrances and exits to the fields.

Staggering start times could be a solution, but I think it would need to be done in 15-20 intervals to truly make a difference. Say fields #2 & 7 start at 8am, fields #3 & 8 start at 8:20, fields #4 & 9 starts at 8:40, etc....
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 19/10/13, 12:46 pm

Excellent ideas about staggered schedule if they could deal with the inefficieny it would create in scheduling refs. It might also make it harder to maximize the time that each field is available each day.

Took me 13 minutes to get out of utd parking lot recently- that was the worst I have experienced.

Last edited by intrinsic on 19/10/13, 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Speling)

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by skippy 19/10/13, 06:25 pm

Possibly, it might help if they could open both access roads, but have them be one-way, entering off of Campbell and exiting on the west side (sorry I can't remember the name of the road).

skippy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/13, 07:41 pm

intrinsic wrote:Excellent ideas about staggered schedule if they could deal with the inefficieny it would create in scheduling refs. It might also make it harder to maximize the time that each field is available each day.

Took me 13 minutes to get out of utd parking lot recently- that was the worst I have experienced.
That's why I suggested the single 45 minute stagger between the North fields and South fields. It would then be no different from staging games at separate 4 field and 6 field complex, and would only lengthen the day by 45 minutes total.

Having single fields staggered by 15-20 minutes would probably be the best from a traffic flow perspective, but I agree the scheduling logistics of doing that would be much harder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/13, 07:47 pm

skippy is right, if they had an exit road and an entry road, most of this would be solved. using one road to get in and out is ridiculous

btw gophers, they dont give a sh!t, thats why they dont do what you suggest...

Back to top Go down

Post by wingstop 20/10/13, 08:49 pm

FYI....you can park in the parking lot off Avenue A and Waterview.

wingstop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 20/10/13, 11:41 pm

I have a suggestion. Maybe someone at LHGCL could negotiate better fields for the girls like FCD or Richland College. That might help ease some of the traffic at UTD.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 21/10/13, 01:58 pm

RightWingDad wrote:I have a suggestion. Maybe someone at LHGCL could negotiate better fields for the girls like FCD or Richland College. That might help ease some of the traffic at UTD.
Yes, the field conditions are sad considering the quality of competition LH represents.

Last edited by KnKsDad on 21/10/13, 04:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 21/10/13, 02:03 pm

Yes, it's sad LH plays second fiddle to the Boys leagues, which btw only play on the best fields, FCD, Richland, etc. LH directors says that's just the way it is. Maybe some of our LH directors might have a future in the powerless Republican House ;-)
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 21/10/13, 03:03 pm

The girls used to play at the Pizza Hut Park / FCD complex.. it was awesome. Then when they had to rework a bunch of the fields they offered 2 fields to the Boys League, and 2 fields to the girls. The Lake Highlands folks discussed it and ended up saying "thats too much of a hassle to schedule only two fields there, we will give our two over to the Boys, so they can have four." A nice gesture, but it probably would have been smart to keep their foot in the door for when all the other fields came back online... but at that time all the UTD fields were actually nice, and Railroad was fittnuh come open so they thought it was good to go....

hindsight and all that stuff
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 21/10/13, 03:36 pm

Slakemoth wrote:The girls used to play at the Pizza Hut Park / FCD complex.. it was awesome. Then when they had to rework a bunch of the fields they offered 2 fields to the Boys League, and 2 fields to the girls. The Lake Highlands folks discussed it and ended up saying "thats too much of a hassle to schedule only two fields there, we will give our two over to the Boys, so they can have four." A nice gesture, but it probably would have been smart to keep their foot in the door for when all the other fields came back online... but at that time all the UTD fields were actually nice, and Railroad was fittnuh come open so they thought it was good to go....

As I recall, there was a bit more to the situation.  PHP was randomly taking fields out of service with little to no notice, leaving the league to scramble to find replacement fields and reschedule.  The relationship had already gotten pretty rocky with PHP, and they weren't the best partner at that point in time.  Don't know about now.  

The league invested a ton of money into UTD, which worked out pretty well for a while, until the last year or so when the condition of the upper complex became so poor.  Last time I was out there, and I admit its been several months, the upper complex was among the worst in the area.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 21/10/13, 03:55 pm

ballhead wrote:
Slakemoth wrote:The girls used to play at the Pizza Hut Park / FCD complex.. it was awesome. Then when they had to rework a bunch of the fields they offered 2 fields to the Boys League, and 2 fields to the girls. The Lake Highlands folks discussed it and ended up saying "thats too much of a hassle to schedule only two fields there, we will give our two over to the Boys, so they can have four." A nice gesture, but it probably would have been smart to keep their foot in the door for when all the other fields came back online... but at that time all the UTD fields were actually nice, and Railroad was fittnuh come open so they thought it was good to go....

As I recall, there was a bit more to the situation.  PHP was randomly taking fields out of service with little to no notice, leaving the league to scramble to find replacement fields and reschedule.  The relationship had already gotten pretty rocky with PHP, and they weren't the best partner at that point in time.  Don't know about now.  

The league invested a ton of money into UTD, which worked out pretty well for a while, until the last year or so when the condition of the upper complex became so poor.  Last time I was out there, and I admit its been several months, the upper complex was among the worst in the area.
It still is in bad shape. They just put in new walkways so hopefully a little love and rehab is in the works for the playing surfaces as well now that the new fields are complete. The upper complex has been a workhorse location and has seen a lot of use over the years.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down