North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

U14G - AFC Fall Challenge Champions 2013 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

U14G - AFC Fall Challenge Champions 2013

Go down

U14G - AFC Fall Challenge Champions 2013 Empty U14G - AFC Fall Challenge Champions 2013

Post by BleedFutbol 18/11/13, 08:29 am

Congratulations to the girls of the Solar Chelsea Gold and Solar Chelsea Silver Teams and to Coach Smith on double division sweep of the AFC Fall Challenge.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

U14G - AFC Fall Challenge Champions 2013 Empty Re: U14G - AFC Fall Challenge Champions 2013

Post by TripDDs 18/11/13, 10:48 am

Not saying that isn't a solid achievement for the girls, but weren't both teams heavy favorites? SG is a top LH D2 team in a division with all PPL teams and the team they beat in the final is the 9th place D3 team. Silver also didnt play one team above them in the standings, although they at least played a few teams in their own division.
TripDDs
TripDDs
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

U14G - AFC Fall Challenge Champions 2013 Empty Re: U14G - AFC Fall Challenge Champions 2013

Post by BleedFutbol 19/11/13, 09:55 am

Solar Gold was easily the favorite in their division, but Gunners was able to score 3 on a solid D2 team Solar Silver was also a favorite, especially in their bracket, but I was expecting Sting Bruno with their
(LHD2) guest players to win their bracket over Chelsea East. Coach Smith has got to be happy about his girl's success. Where is dadof3? He might be able give some insight, maybe Gold and Silver traded players for giggles...

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 19/11/13, 10:33 am

I will say this...SG got everyone's best game for sure. We have some significant injuries (primarily our GK) and we lent out a couple of players (not to the Silver team-they were mostly intact), so we played a little short, but my goal isn't to post excuses.

I was really impressed with all the teams this weekend. Kicks looked solid. The last time we played them, we overwhelmed them in the spring. This time they were definitely more ready for the challenge.

The FCD Red game was a really nice game for both sides. I haven't seen both teams move the ball more purposefully in a long time. I spoke with friends of mine from their sideline and told them how impressed I was. Clark has moved them in the right direction for sure, and if they can consistently play like that, they are definitely a team to watch.

Melissa was also solid, but that game was hot and pretty slow. They have some quick forwards that created some nice chances. The girls on both teams looked tired in that game. Both teams had a few chances, but the legs looked a little dead.

The Gunners impressed me with their tenacity. They scored first on a broken play, mis-clearance and slotted finish-nice goal. SG scored the next two. Both teams had a few chances, but neither could finish one off until the end of regulation. In what seemed like the longest 35 minute half on record (lol) there didn't seem to be any foul at all on a loose ball clearance (the whistle came very late and both teams seemed a little confused for the stoppage), but it was called back to about 30 yds out and a kick for Gunners. The shot/cross bounced in front of the goal and was put away (good finish-right place right time) perhaps a minute before the whistle. I do want to say this...I thought the officiating throughout the tourney was very good! I don't mean to be critical of the officiating at all. In OT, SG scored quickly twice (proabably within two minutes) and in the second half of OT dropped defensively. With about a minute left one of the Gunners forwards made a great move/run down the right and scored a beautiful shot to the upper 90 of the right side of the goal. The whistle blew shortly after that play.

I hadn't seen that team play, but I was really impressed with their fight. They were not intimidated, and they played hard the whole time.

I know some people may flag the result, but the games were good. The girls I watched on every team played good hard soccer. Congrats to all the teams!

I was able to watch about half of Silver's games, and they are playing a lot like the Gold team. They are high pressure and attack-minded. Congrats to them as well! I watched them score some pretty goals.

One correction to Bleed...His 02 boys won their final as well, so it was 3 trophies...all despite the coach-LOL! I am sure that after 15 games weekend, he will use some time to rest.

To Dom...This was certainly one of the best tournaments I have experienced. I have coached managed and played, and the commitment to trying to make it work for our teams was certainly admirable. I can honestly say that he has always been easy to work with, and will do what he can to accommodate teams if possible.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedFutbol 19/11/13, 02:11 pm

And there you have it folks....when you want straight forward, up to the minute, unbiased reporting dadof3 is the man to ask. Outstanding summary dadof3, you never fail to inform and entertain, thank you for your input!
My apologies to the 02 boys for the over sight, I would also like to congratulate the Solar Chelsea Blue 02 boys on their victories as well. Congrats again to Coach Smith, he seems to be cranking out players and taking names!

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 19/11/13, 06:09 pm

dadof3 wrote:I will say this...SG got everyone's best game for sure.  We have some significant injuries (primarily our GK) and we lent out a couple of players (not to the Silver team-they were mostly intact), so we played a little short, but my goal isn't to post excuses.

I was really impressed with all the teams this weekend.  Kicks looked solid.  The last time we played them, we overwhelmed them in the spring.  This time they were definitely more ready for the challenge.

The FCD Red game was a really nice game for both sides.  I haven't seen both teams move the ball more purposefully in a long time.  I spoke with friends of mine from their sideline and told them how impressed I was.  Clark has moved them in the right direction for sure, and if they can consistently play like that, they are definitely a team to watch.

Melissa was also solid, but that game was hot and pretty slow.  They have some quick forwards that created some nice chances.  The girls on both teams looked tired in that game.  Both teams had a few chances, but the legs looked a little dead.

The Gunners impressed me with their tenacity.  They scored first on a broken play, mis-clearance and slotted finish-nice goal.  SG scored the next two.  Both teams had a few chances, but neither could finish one off until the end of regulation.  In what seemed like the longest 35 minute half on record (lol) there didn't seem to be any foul at all on a loose ball clearance (the whistle came very late and both teams seemed a little confused for the stoppage), but it was called back to about 30 yds out and a kick for Gunners.  The shot/cross bounced in front of the goal and was put away (good finish-right place right time) perhaps a minute before the whistle.  I do want to say this...I thought the officiating throughout the tourney was very good!  I don't mean to be critical of the officiating at all.  In OT, SG scored quickly twice (proabably within two minutes) and in the second half of OT dropped defensively.  With about a minute left one of the Gunners forwards made a great move/run down the right and scored a beautiful shot to the upper 90 of the right side of the goal.  The whistle blew shortly after that play.

I hadn't seen that team play, but I was really impressed with their fight.  They were not intimidated, and they played hard the whole time.

I know some people may flag the result, but the games were good.  The girls I watched on every team played good hard soccer.  Congrats to all the teams!

I was able to watch about half of Silver's games, and they are playing a lot like the Gold team.  They are high pressure and attack-minded.  Congrats to them as well!  I watched them score some pretty goals.

One correction to Bleed...His 02 boys won their final as well, so it was 3 trophies...all despite the coach-LOL!  I am sure that after 15 games weekend, he will use some time to rest.

To Dom...This was certainly one of the best tournaments I have experienced.  I have coached managed and played, and the commitment to trying to make it work for our teams was certainly admirable.  I can honestly say that he has always been easy to work with, and will do what he can to accommodate teams if possible.
Dagnabbit D3... Talk about a buzz kill..what are we supposed to do this?? .You are entirely too... Nice sunny ... How can anyone trash talk after that? Sometimes I wonder what you're thinking...

BTW- you forgot to thank your parents, the fans and Budha...

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 19/11/13, 08:15 pm

Packrabbit wrote:
dadof3 wrote:I will say this...SG got everyone's best game for sure.  We have some significant injuries (primarily our GK) and we lent out a couple of players (not to the Silver team-they were mostly intact), so we played a little short, but my goal isn't to post excuses.

I was really impressed with all the teams this weekend.  Kicks looked solid.  The last time we played them, we overwhelmed them in the spring.  This time they were definitely more ready for the challenge.

The FCD Red game was a really nice game for both sides.  I haven't seen both teams move the ball more purposefully in a long time.  I spoke with friends of mine from their sideline and told them how impressed I was.  Clark has moved them in the right direction for sure, and if they can consistently play like that, they are definitely a team to watch.

Melissa was also solid, but that game was hot and pretty slow.  They have some quick forwards that created some nice chances.  The girls on both teams looked tired in that game.  Both teams had a few chances, but the legs looked a little dead.

The Gunners impressed me with their tenacity.  They scored first on a broken play, mis-clearance and slotted finish-nice goal.  SG scored the next two.  Both teams had a few chances, but neither could finish one off until the end of regulation.  In what seemed like the longest 35 minute half on record (lol) there didn't seem to be any foul at all on a loose ball clearance (the whistle came very late and both teams seemed a little confused for the stoppage), but it was called back to about 30 yds out and a kick for Gunners.  The shot/cross bounced in front of the goal and was put away (good finish-right place right time) perhaps a minute before the whistle.  I do want to say this...I thought the officiating throughout the tourney was very good!  I don't mean to be critical of the officiating at all.  In OT, SG scored quickly twice (proabably within two minutes) and in the second half of OT dropped defensively.  With about a minute left one of the Gunners forwards made a great move/run down the right and scored a beautiful shot to the upper 90 of the right side of the goal.  The whistle blew shortly after that play.

I hadn't seen that team play, but I was really impressed with their fight.  They were not intimidated, and they played hard the whole time.

I know some people may flag the result, but the games were good.  The girls I watched on every team played good hard soccer.  Congrats to all the teams!

I was able to watch about half of Silver's games, and they are playing a lot like the Gold team.  They are high pressure and attack-minded.  Congrats to them as well!  I watched them score some pretty goals.

One correction to Bleed...His 02 boys won their final as well, so it was 3 trophies...all despite the coach-LOL!  I am sure that after 15 games weekend, he will use some time to rest.

To Dom...This was certainly one of the best tournaments I have experienced.  I have coached managed and played, and the commitment to trying to make it work for our teams was certainly admirable.  I can honestly say that he has always been easy to work with, and will do what he can to accommodate teams if possible.
Dagnabbit D3... Talk about a buzz kill..what are we supposed to do this?? .You are entirely too... Nice sunny ... How can anyone trash talk after that? Sometimes I wonder what you're thinking...

BTW- you forgot to thank your parents, the fans and Budha...
You are right, thanks mom...but I definitely swatted a couple of mosquitoes while I was out there...and my double rainbow was very light in one of the red bands...and the theme song from Barney was removed from my ipod and replaced with some show tunes?? I also told a dirty joke about 6 white horses and a mud puddle...What else do you want from me?
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down