North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL SPRING SCHEDULES Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

LHGCL SPRING SCHEDULES

Go down

LHGCL SPRING SCHEDULES Empty LHGCL SPRING SCHEDULES

Post by Interpreter 17/12/13, 02:24 pm

Spring schedules are posted. Going to be interesting to see how the new club player pass works for some clubs. Can't wait to see who hits the field in the Solar Red vs FC Dallas Gold game. I would have thought the #1 and #2 seeds would face off at the end of the season.

Interpreter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

LHGCL SPRING SCHEDULES Empty Re: LHGCL SPRING SCHEDULES

Post by Barca 18/12/13, 12:02 pm

Has LH made a final decision on how this will be implemented?
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by easydoesit 22/12/13, 06:28 pm

The SRSA '03 girls are playing just fine as they are and it should be that team same team that fielded the first half that represents them through the completion of this season. The only help that would be added is maybe a couple of extra goals by one person who hasn't been playing with them this season. Leave the team as is and play this 2nd half of the season straight up with the same players. They deserve it, earned it, and should be rewarded as such. To make changes now makes zero sense basically erase all the work they did so far this season. No one girl is going to make that big of a difference anyway. It's quite comical actually.

easydoesit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lostntexas 22/12/13, 08:19 pm

I guess we will see what the Coach decides. .FYI this rule is for all clubs right? Why do Srsa always come up..FCD , Sting , Lp  would all benefit from this..Just play. .
lostntexas
lostntexas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 22/12/13, 10:30 pm

easydoesit wrote:The SRSA '03 girls are playing just fine as they are and it should be that team same team that fielded the first half that represents them through the completion of this season. The only help that would be added is maybe a couple of extra goals by one person who hasn't been playing with them this season. Leave the team as is and play this 2nd half of the season straight up with the same players. They deserve it, earned it, and should be rewarded as such. To make changes now makes zero sense basically erase all the work they did so far this season. No one girl is going to make that big of a difference anyway. It's quite comical actually.

I would agree with this. The Solar girls should have the opportunity to prove not only themselves but the new coach's training and philosophy. There is no doubt they have a quality squad, but can they withstand the combination of the FCD and Sting best? That is the real question. Whatever the case, it will be fun to watch and comment on. bom

IMO, I think the playing field has a chance to be leveled this spring.  affraid
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 02/01/14, 12:15 am

Player Pass is a joke.

If a coach thinks they need a guest player (which is all this is, a glorified allowance to have guest players to protect a team's standings) then I'd say that coach is more of a recruiter than a developer. Run away from that coach as fast as you can.

If a coach wants to add a player to a full roster, then they need to have the grown up conversation with all parents involved to see if there is a better fit somewhere else in the organization and drop/add the players the right way - not just "use them," one game at a time.

As for schedule conflicts, you play with the team you chose and if you don't have enough players to field a team one weekend, then too freakin' bad! What gives your club the right to pull from other teams just so you don't take the lumps your team deserves for not being committed? Why not just give everyone a blue ribbon while you are at it?

Someone tell me I'm wrong here, but I really don't see the good in allowing this shady rule. It just wreaks of desperation to win games, not develop DD's.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerPop 02/01/14, 09:57 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:Player Pass is a joke.  

If a coach thinks they need a guest player (which is all this is, a glorified allowance to have guest players to protect a team's standings) then I'd say that coach is more of a recruiter than a developer.  Run away from that coach as fast as you can.

If a coach wants to add a player to a full roster, then they need to have the grown up conversation with all parents involved to see if there is a better fit somewhere else in the organization and drop/add the players the right way - not just "use them," one game at a time.

As for schedule conflicts, you play with the team you chose and if you don't have enough players to field a team one weekend, then too freakin' bad!  What gives your club the right to pull from other teams just so you don't take the lumps your team deserves for not being committed?  Why not just give everyone a blue ribbon while you are at it?

Someone tell me I'm wrong here, but I really don't see the good in allowing this shady rule.  It just wreaks of desperation to win games, not develop DD's.

I'm with you.

SoccerPop
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/01/14, 10:48 am

Has there been anything "official" communicated yet from LHGCL confirming that player pass will be allowed, and what, if any, conditions and/or limitations will be implemented?

I don't see any modifications to the league rules published on the LHGCL website yet. Has there been e-mail communication to coaches/managers about this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Interpreter 02/01/14, 10:56 am

I concur with you NFOD.

Also doesn't the rule say something about teams not playing on the same day?

What I mean is if DTS played a game on Saturday and DT 03 played also on Saturday,
they would not be able to invoke the player pass rule and share any players. I thought
that was a part of the rule although I could be mistaken. One team would have to play
on Saturday and the other on Sunday in order to share. That would be the same for
FCD and Sting. Hilton and Gut couldn't both play on Saturday and then share neither could
Premier and South Blue or GOLD or Red. The games would have to be on different days
right?????? Does anyone really know how this would work? For grins I checked the schedule
and Solar Red 03 plays on Sunday and Solar Red 02 does not so they could potentially use the
03's that are playing up if they wanted for the FCD Gold game. I agree, it seems to be just
a way for teams to hold on to their standings or make a push to stay in D1 by borrowing. It
really sucks for the indy's though.

Interpreter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 02/01/14, 11:01 am

bwgophers wrote:Has there been anything "official" communicated yet from LHGCL confirming that player pass will be allowed, and what, if any, conditions and/or limitations will be implemented?

I don't see any modifications to the league rules published on the LHGCL website yet.  Has there been e-mail communication to coaches/managers about this?

I received an email about it but I'm not sure if it relates to all teams or just for HS aged players.

The email specifically stated, "5. HS Playoffs always become an issue. Rule of thumb should be, refrain from requesting a schedule change unless the # of players missing for a HS Playoff Game does not allow the team to field a team for a league game. With that said, Don't forget..Club Player Pass should help offset missing players."

The email was sent to all Managers and Coaches but I have not seen anything that directly relates to how Club Player Pass will be governed.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down