North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

HS soccer's Pivital role in Personal Development Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

HS soccer's Pivital role in Personal Development

Go down

HS soccer's Pivital role in Personal Development Empty HS soccer's Pivital role in Personal Development

Post by powerkeep1 17/01/14, 09:05 pm

My daughter is a senior and has been playing soccer since she was 5. Started in a very strong rec soccer league that was the true catalyst in igniting her love and passion for the game.We were fortunate to have three committed coaches that did focus on fundamentals but most importantly kept the game fun. About the time she started select at U11 the coaches were persuasively encouraging the girls not to play HS soccer. That it didn't matter to the recruiting process and was a waste of time. Had coaches even throw out scare tactics to convince parents that HS soccer was so unskilled that the injury risk could derail potential opportunities.HS soccer has played a pivotal role in my daughters consistent and continual growth in the sport. She is a three year varsity player and has been blessed to have a select experienced coach in a strong soccer district develop connections with HS soccer showcases like NEPS and Lady's Governor's Cup in Georgetown or the Colleyville Memorial Tournament. What built her into the player she is today is playing against elite talent in several older age groups.Did not see many college coaches taking the time to watch HS soccer 3 years ago but each year more coaches have expanded their search of finding that diamond in the rough are are finding talent. What coaches are getting is an unfiltered unbiased look at an athlete's talent without having the best talent around her in ECNL or upper D1 RPL action. She has committed to D1 program where she will play and continue to grow. Talent finds a way and there are few that will argue that she will graduate as one of the top players at her position. For my daughter HS was a proving ground that she could play at the highest level and she is not done yet. There are many ways to get it done but her internal flame for the sport has never been brighter heading to college and we are very thankful for that.

powerkeep1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

HS soccer's Pivital role in Personal Development Empty Re: HS soccer's Pivital role in Personal Development

Post by 94/00 18/01/14, 02:51 pm

Our hs has a player who just committed to a D1 school who has never played in classic.
She is a 4 year starter at a good 5A HS (south of the Trinity River). Don't let coaches tell you you have to play classic to be seen.

94/00
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

HS soccer's Pivital role in Personal Development Empty Re: HS soccer's Pivital role in Personal Development

Post by Guest 18/01/14, 05:06 pm

Not saying it isnt possible, but i would love to hear the terms here, background story, etc...

So the recruiting coach strictly viewed HS games?

Back to top Go down

Post by JH01 18/01/14, 10:31 pm

Just curious what schools they are going to???? no motives or judgment, just curious.

JH01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 12/02/14, 11:05 pm

Some HS coaches are way better than most club coaches

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 13/02/14, 12:27 am

Does she play on an ECNL team? I have always believed if you are good, they will find you.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 13/02/14, 07:47 am

Borussia wrote:Not saying it isnt possible, but i would love to hear the terms here, background story, etc...

So the recruiting coach strictly viewed HS games?
Not a chance. High school games are almost impossible to watch, unless you play in one of the few $$ talented districts with tons of CL, and/or ECNL players. Any coach that strictly views HS games probably won't be the coach at his/her current school much longer.

Last edited by futbollove on 13/02/14, 07:49 am; edited 1 time in total
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 13/02/14, 07:48 am

tornado11 wrote:Some HS coaches are way better than most club coaches
Most aren't though.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tex_gator 13/02/14, 08:27 am

I would like to hear from the forum, how many more (serious) injuries have you seen in HS vs. club soccer. Is it just a bunch of unskilled thugs in HS or is it propaganda from the club coaches.

tex_gator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 13/02/14, 09:00 am

In my experience there are many more serious injuries playing club soccer than there are playing H.S. soccer

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ekkeeper1 13/02/14, 09:05 am

When I was playing almost all of the girls from my HS team injured were injured in club or were injured in non-contact situations in high school. Other situations is they were injured in club and came back during high school and were re-injured. The biggest problems is when teams that are not very good will intentionally try and go after top players on the good teams. I am sure there has been many injuries sustained that way just not in any games I have witnessed personally. I bet it would be interesting to do some type of study on injuries in HS v injuries in Club and compare and see if there is a difference in the two.

ekkeeper1
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 13/02/14, 09:13 am

I can only speak for my experience with my dd's team, and for them at least, the vast majority of the serious injuries (torn acl's, etc.) came from high school soccer.  It was the main reason that I lobbied, unsuccessfully I might add, for my daughter to not play h.s. soccer.

Bumps and bruises more likely occur from club soccer if for no other reason than the fact that there are many more games and practices (opportunities) than high school.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 13/02/14, 09:14 am

tex_gator wrote:I would like to hear from the forum, how many more (serious) injuries have you seen in HS vs. club soccer.  Is it just a bunch of unskilled thugs in HS or is it propaganda from the club coaches.

Had 3 play in one of the better 5A Districts. Every team had top-level club players, so most games resembled LHGCL games. Over the combined 9 years, I didn't see any difference in injuries from club to HS with one exception.

One year, we played in Abilene against a West Texas team in the second or third round of playoffs. This team was clearly below our skill level and determined to take out our best players. They were successful in sending one to hospital with a broken collarbone on a flagrant, full-out takedown. Of course there was no call on the play.

Other than that though, I found it to be about the same. Perhaps it is different in other districts.

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 13/02/14, 10:39 am

ballhead wrote:I can only speak for my experience with my dd's team, and for them at least, the vast majority of the serious injuries (torn acl's, etc.) came from high school soccer.  It was the main reason that I lobbied, unsuccessfully I might add, for my daughter to not play h.s. soccer.

Bumps and bruises more likely occur from club soccer if for no other reason than the fact that there are many more games and practices (opportunities) than high school.
 cheers  This
To me the biggest factor in all of this is the officiating. While we all can agree the CL, ECNL,..etc officials may not be the best, the things that are allowed by high school refs are at time borderline criminal. You already have that thing in your mouth, would it kill you to blow it every now and again?
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tex_gator 13/02/14, 10:46 am

Not that I am a ref, but it seems refs call the differently based on the level and stlyle of play.

tex_gator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilik2wach 13/02/14, 10:48 am

futbollove wrote: You already have that thing in your mouth, would it kill you to blow it every now and again?

cheers cheers cheers
Ilik2wach
Ilik2wach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kaykay 13/05/14, 10:15 am

Very Happy 

kaykay
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down