North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

To early for this weekends Predictions? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

To early for this weekends Predictions?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

To early for this weekends Predictions? - Page 2 Empty Re: To early for this weekends Predictions?

Post by 02SuburbanSoccerDad 10/03/14, 09:16 am

I got to see parts or all of all 4 games yesterday since they took place on 2 fields next two each other in back to back games. As an aside, wish they could schedule it like that every week. It is fun to see your division playing in the same place/time.

LP Thompson/FWFC....obviously a lot has been said and I agree with most of it. Bottom line the FWFC girls were out of control and their coach did almost nothing to get them away. Really poor sportsmanship. But the ref was absolutely WRONG WRONG WRONG as well. He definitely made a show of it and simply would not walk away. He stood there in the middle of the field near the FWFC bench for a good 4 minutes after the game. WHY? If you need the game card signed then goto the coach. But don't stand in the field. Very strange sight. As for the game looked pretty even to me. The winning goal was VERY close..hard to say either way if it went in or not.

D'Feeters/FC Premier...every time I looked over Feet was scoring again. Pretty tough to watch actually. I felt for the Premier girls...they seemed to dis-engage from the game. Can hardly blame them. It looked like they were on a bit of an uptick at least in terms of keeping games close, but this is a step back. But hats of to Feet, nice bounceback after last week. They do seem to pass the ball a lot better than even a couple months ago.

Andromeda/LP Dalglish...Seemed to me to be a pretty even game in terms of attacks and possession. But Andro had a couple sweet finishes and seemed to be in control once they got the lead. Andro can certainly score these days.

LP Owen/FCD East...Owen looked like a completely different team from the past couple of weeks. A bit of Jekyl/Hyde going on with this group? I literally never saw FCD mount an attack in the parts that I watched.

Seems to be some pretty clear tiers forming in the league..

Top: LP Thomp, Andro, Rush, Mustangs
Middle: Feet, Owen, FWFC, LP Dalglish
Bottom: FC Premier, FCD East

I have my doubts if anyone can catch LP Thompson. But They do still have top play the other top 3 teams so it will be very interesting. Andro is playing the best right now but are still 4 pts back. The middle is going to be a real battle. If you assume the top 4 stay that way that means that the middle 4 teams are fighting for 1 spot to not have to re-qualify..wow.

02SuburbanSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

To early for this weekends Predictions? - Page 2 Empty Re: To early for this weekends Predictions?

Post by Joga14:55 10/03/14, 10:49 am

I overheard a conversation where they stated that fc premier played with 9 players. Is this true? No knock on feet i think they are a good team. Take nothing from them.
Joga14:55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mommabear1 10/03/14, 01:13 pm

Looks like LP Owen and Feet both had something to prove this week, they are better than they played last week. These are 6th grade girls and they are up and down. Great job to both teams!

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeko2 10/03/14, 01:50 pm

With 6 games left, I still think the division is too close to call. Most games have been decided by one goal and on any given week, I think any team could beat the other. I think some of the games, especially the blowouts, were an anomaly because a lot of teams had players already out for spring break. Should be interesting the next couple weeks, anything like injuries, etc could tilt the scales one way or another. I do think that Thompson and Andro will be battling for the top spot but the rest I see as open for grabs.

Zeko2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by voiceofreason 10/03/14, 02:37 pm

Thompson wins, that is their difference. I don't see them as being any better of a soccer team than the top 5 right now in the standings but they find a way to win. Anybody in that top 5 who catches fire and goes on a run the tables streak can be there at the end for the top spot but it will be hard to catch Thompson without some help from them.

voiceofreason
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adi-dazzler 10/03/14, 02:40 pm

Joga14:55 wrote:I overheard a conversation where they stated that fc premier played with 9 players.  Is this true?  No knock on feet i think they are a good team. Take nothing from them.  

It was 7 outfield and the keeper. Feet coach was given the option to take players out at 7-0 up but declined.
Adi-dazzler
Adi-dazzler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by voiceofreason 10/03/14, 03:19 pm

And why would any coach do that?  It's not the Feet coaches issue the other team can't get a full roster to the game and in a tight race goal diff may mean promotion or relegation.

voiceofreason
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adi-dazzler 10/03/14, 03:36 pm

voiceofreason wrote:And why would any coach do that?  It's not the Feet coaches issue the other team can't get a full roster to the game and in a tight race goal diff may mean promotion or relegation.

hmmm...I don't know. Maybe that his sensibilities to his profession get in the way of winning & losing! If you're up up 7-0 with 15/20 left I would suggest that against a team bottom of the table it wont hurt too much - but hey its U12 soccer, its all about winning.
Adi-dazzler
Adi-dazzler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joga14:55 10/03/14, 03:50 pm

Wow. 8 players? That's tough. Kudos to the ones who showed up for playing short.
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerman75 10/03/14, 06:06 pm

If I recall it ended 7-0, do you think maybe the Feet coach called off the dogs a bit despite not making his own girls sit the bench? Just a thought related to sensibility. And to Joga's point kudos to the fc kids for not quitting, takes a lot of heart to keep giving 100 percent.

soccerman75
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BadMoon 10/03/14, 07:32 pm

I will agree that its tough to play short and get beat real bad but I would also add that this is "select" soccer and not rec. I understand that these girls are U-12 but at the same time it is competitive soccer as opposed to recreational soccer. Just because every parent has their daughter playing select doesn't mean it should be played like rec. And also I too would congratulate those girls if I could. The fact that they played hard to the end proves that they belong in select and the division is lucky to have them. The spirit that these kids play the game never ceases to amaze !!

BadMoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goalkick 10/03/14, 09:42 pm

BadMoon wrote:I will agree that its tough to play short and get beat real bad but I would also add that this is "select" soccer and not rec.  I understand that these girls are U-12 but at the same time it is competitive soccer as opposed to recreational soccer. Just because every parent has their daughter playing select doesn't mean it should be played like rec.

Wait a minute.  Aren't you the same person that posted the following, but have since tried to change the post to guest? Where was this attitude in week 1?

BadMoon wrote:Roster changes definitely did not appear to be "enough". Although I would add that thanks to our Fall manager and her lack of aptitude for paperwork, we had a pretty strong player riding the pine ( Rush Vs. FcD Barnes). Don't think the result would have been much different but likely less of a blowout. Just wanted to say thanks to the Rush coach for being so very understanding in this situation and refusing to allow her to play even though the refs and LHGCL staff did not have a problem with it.  

You mean like they would in rec??

Goalkick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BadMoon 10/03/14, 10:37 pm

I'm pretty sure in rec as well as select, when a player serves her one game suspension then she should not have to serve another for the same offense. I'm not sure how that compares to the thought that a coach should play short because the opposing team cannot field a full eleven. Maybe I'm all wrong and I'm sure everyone will explain. I did not try to change my post to guest, I deleted my account due to all of the negative stuff here. I decided to not let other peoples aggression run me off. I will admit that at that time I was mad about the previous subject and should not have posted my protest but that situation isn't anything like the one being discussed and it seems someone is just trying to stir up an argument. No thanks.

BadMoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum