North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Advice needed - team may not make Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Advice needed - team may not make

Go down

Advice needed - team may not make Empty Advice needed - team may not make

Post by fanofCR 30/04/14, 01:52 pm

My dd really likes her current team. She plays 100% of games, good coaches...NICE, patient head coach. Problem...we limped through last season with 13, sometimes 12 girls. Down to 11 right now. Do we stay and hope for the best, do we look at "options" or do we cut ties and go for a secure team?

What is the worst case if team doesn't make...possibly a bench player for a team that may have a spot?

Hate this.

fanofCR
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Advice needed - team may not make Empty Re: Advice needed - team may not make

Post by 10sDad 30/04/14, 02:07 pm

Any new players showing up to practice or that have contacted your coach/manager about opportunities?

If there is no new interest, you won't make unless you merge as a unit somewhere or you strike out on your own.

I hate it too. Its never the kids fault. They just wanna play.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 30/04/14, 02:39 pm

This is always a difficult call to make. Sometimes, teams who had 14 at the end of the season lose players and go from what is perceived as stability to panic mode. Equally, you may have 11 now but through May and June, you may have another dozen kids come out. It does depend upon the strength/competitiveness/ranking of your team in that more kids will show an interest in a top 20 team than a 50+ level team.

My advice, 11 is not too few to panic at this stage. I've seen teams form out of nowhere in June and teams with 16 kids blow up in June. By all means, have contingency plans but panicking in April is unnecessary. I've watched the mayhem for the last 14 years at this stage of the year, the only guarantee is they'll be a LOT of movement.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 30/04/14, 02:46 pm

If you love the team and the others do too, then don't sweat yet. If that core group will welcome prospects and the team is in a reasonable location to draw some girls out it can work out fine. If you have parents or girls who make prospects uncomfortable, then you should look. Post some days and times of sessions and decide as a team to dedicate yourselves to being there, and your unity will be noticed. Also, get into some fun tournaments and invite prospects (and expect them to PLAY). If you get 3 or 4, you have enough to start...then one or maybe two later will do it. 14 solid before signing is a strong team that legitimately needs 1 to 3.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeko2 30/04/14, 08:31 pm

If you like the coach and team, don't panic yet. A lot of girls won't start looking around just yet (unless they have a release). Come June if you still only have 11, then it may be time to look. What league you play in also makes a difference. It's going to be a lot easier to recruit for a DI or DII LH team because you will always have those girls, playing in lower divisions, who want to move up. Good luck. Hope it works out.

Zeko2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Strgft12 30/04/14, 11:44 pm

Sounds like your DD likes the coach and has a lot of playing time. If your team is in D1 or D2, your best option is to stay put. The roster will be full at the end of June so it is not a worry. If your team is in D3, your DD should make a move to a D1 or D2 team especially if she is good. She is not going to maximize her potentials unless she is challenged at practices and during games every week. GL

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by legitsoccermom 01/05/14, 12:07 am

I would not panic just yet..Getting 100% playing time in this thing called competitive soccer is what will make them get better..I seen tons of post that stress how important playing time is and know first hand cuz I have one that gets it and one that didnt..Also a thing to factor in besides what division your in is where do you want to be next year? ECNL bound/dreams of playing ENCL and on a ECNL team/club then stay put..If not perhaps look else where to where that ENCL chance would be available..One good thing is come June you should have options...and really no team is every secure. Best of luck..
legitsoccermom
legitsoccermom
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 01/05/14, 07:11 am

legitsoccermom wrote:I would not panic just yet..Getting 100% playing time in this thing called competitive soccer is what will make them get better..I seen tons of post that stress how important playing time is and know first hand cuz I have one that gets it and one that didnt..Also a thing to factor in besides what division your in is where do you want to be next year? ECNL bound/dreams of playing ENCL and on a ECNL team/club then stay put..If not perhaps look else where to where that ENCL chance would be available..One good thing is come June you should have options...and really no team is every secure. Best of luck..
Perhaps some of the worst advice ever given on this forum. Well.. maybe not worst, but bad nonetheless.  
Do NOT let ECNL factor into your decision!! When the time for ECNL comes, it doesn't matter what club your DD is/was playing with before.  All that matters is if she can play.
Great advice from Wolf though. Don't panic just yet, but do keep your,eyes, ears, and options open.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/05/14, 07:47 am

futbollove wrote:
legitsoccermom wrote:I would not panic just yet..Getting 100% playing time in this thing called competitive soccer is what will make them get better..I seen tons of post that stress how important playing time is and know first hand cuz I have one that gets it and one that didnt..Also a thing to factor in besides what division your in is where do you want to be next year? ECNL bound/dreams of playing ENCL and on a ECNL team/club then stay put..If not perhaps look else where to where that ENCL chance would be available..One good thing is come June you should have options...and really no team is every secure. Best of luck..
Perhaps some of the worst advice ever given on this forum. Well.. maybe not worst, but bad nonetheless.  
Do NOT let ECNL factor into your decision!! When the time for ECNL comes, it doesn't matter what club your DD is/was playing with before.  All that matters is if she can play.
Great advice from Wolf though. Don't panic just yet, but do keep your,eyes, ears, and options open.

^ This

Back to top Go down

Post by fanofCR 01/05/14, 08:22 am

I think I'll have an honest conversation with the coach and ask what interest/prospects there has been. We are playing a couple of tourneys in May, if no guests for those, I will probably have to take her to practice with some folks. I am hoping for the best though. Core group of 9-10 seem very committed and no major parental/kid issues. We are a little remote and its a smaller club which is why player pool is more limited.

Thanks everyone!

fanofCR
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer0205dad 01/05/14, 04:45 pm

FanofCr, that is a good idea to talk to your coach. Bad thing is, you might not necessarily have some guest players with it being May. Not a lot of coaches will allow players to leave in May, which only leaves June. With you (and others) possibly looking, it only gives you 31 days and only 3-4 weekends to play in a tournament.

I do agree with the7wolf and that some teams stay together while others fall apart. Like 10sDad mentioned, the girls just want to play soccer and usually why teams blow up is due to the parent(s). They panic or decide its not best for their daughter. This usually is because it's not an ENCL club or D1 team, etc. Sometimes the daughter does want to leave, but I've seen where its primarily the parents fault.

At the end of the day, these girls (currently are 11-12 years old). Some may have dreams of NWSL/USWNT, while others enjoy the game and/or playing with their friends, competitively.

For those don't know, you can dual roster on an ECNL team and your competitive team. Look at the "tryouts" section - the 01's are having open tryouts now.

Anyway best of luck to you, your daughter and any others that are in this similar situation.

soccer0205dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down