North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Higher Commitment and A New level of Competition-Liberty FC G99 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Higher Commitment and A New level of Competition-Liberty FC G99

Go down

Higher Commitment and A New level of Competition-Liberty FC G99 Empty Higher Commitment and A New level of Competition-Liberty FC G99

Post by libertyfcfounder1 02/05/14, 09:11 pm

99 and 00 Players and Families,

As the season ends and a new year of recruiting approaches, Liberty FC 99’ is looking forward to entering into a new level of competition. Two years ago when I became the coach of this team we set out to achieve our goal of entering into the Lake Highlands Girls Classic League. This seemed to be a lofty goal as the team had previously finished second to last in the lowest division in the Plano Premier League. When I became the coach, not only were we not entering the Lake Highlands league, we were in the qualifying tournament for the Plano league. However, having just finished my final season as the captain of Dallas Baptist University, I knew that my experiences there had prepared me to take the team to a new level. The year before I joined the DBU soccer team as a freshman the team finished with an 8-14-1 record. However, as my class joined the team with a new coach and new goals, we graduated our senior year with a 16-6-1 record, a conference championship and ended the season in California in overtime in the Sweet 16 game of the NCAA tournament. I knew Liberty had the capacity to achieve the same type of success, but it would take work, lots of work. Our team focused on changing the attitude of mediocrity and the acceptance of losing. I set my sights on developing individual players’ skill level and built the team up from the basics. Most of all I want my players to understand the game. Soccer players, as well all athletes in general, are not the dumb jocks they have the reputation of being, at least not the good ones. I taught my players the ins and outs of our 4-3-3 formation as well as the other common formations in which their opponents would play. Each game we work on dissecting our opponents’ strategy, exploiting their weakness, and perhaps creating some weakness. My players know that this is not simply my job as the coach; soccer is a player’s game with no timeouts, it their responsibility as well.
I am proud to say that this fall our team finished in first place in Plano in Division I. We feel that our team is at the tipping point of reaching our long-term goal of breaking into the next level of competition in Lake Highlands. However, this goal will not be realized without continued focus, an additional level of commitment, and a few new recruits. As a result we are looking to add 4 or 5 players with a like mindset to our roster this year. After having a team meeting I have challenged every family to decide together if soccer is something they wish to continue pursuing or if they feel they are being led to chase other aspirations. As we have developed as a team, the individual players have developed a desire to play soccer in college, but I have explained to them that this dream will not happen on a whim. I am committed to helping provide them with every opportunity I am capable of so that they might achieve their individual goals as well as our team goals. As such, we will have the opportunity next Monday to have a face-to-face question and answer session at our fields for the players and families with a Division II girls Head soccer coach, and we are working on putting opportunities together for the players to tour the soccer facilities of the Division I and Division II universities in the area. Finally, we have a unique opportunity at Liberty to utilize a program called Hudl to help our players create highlight films for college coaches, as we film every game.
At the end of this month we will be playing in the Chisholm Trail Tournament in Cleburne, Tx, and we are asking players who feel they fit the mission of our team to guest play with us. This tournament will begin preparing us for at least 2 showcase tournaments for this Fall 2014 and Spring 2015.. We are seeking out players that are committed to not only developing as soccer players, but more importantly, developing their character. Until this point, I have not mentioned that Liberty FC is a Christian club that ultimately seeks to play for a higher purpose. As a Christian athlete I believe that God has gifted every one of my players not for individual glory or gain, but in order to train and prepare them for the future plans that God has for their lives. I believe this because God has shaped me into the person I am today through the lessons and character traits I developed in soccer day in and day out. For our team soccer isn’t just another sport, with another team, playing another game, soccer is a way that we can be mold by our Lord, and honor Him with our efforts. Please contact me at Kourtney_edwards@baylor.edu or 972-978-5759 if you would like to further inquire about our team and perhaps guest play with us the Chisholm Trail Tournament from May 30-June 1st.

All for Him,
Kourtney Edwards

For more information go to: https://libertygirls99.shutterfly.com
Looking for Players that what a Higher Commitment and a New Level of Competition for a Higher Purpose.

libertyfcfounder1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Higher Commitment and A New level of Competition-Liberty FC G99 Empty HIGHER COMMITMENT AND A NEW LEVEL OF COMPETITION-LIBERTY FC G99

Post by libertyfcfounder1 13/05/14, 07:11 pm

https://libertygirls99.shutterfly.com

If you a 99 or 00, check us out.  Our Players are extremely excited for next season. We are adding to our roster of additional like minded players that have committed to a Higher level of soccer for next season and for a Higher Purpose.

libertyfcfounder1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Higher Commitment and A New level of Competition-Liberty FC G99 Empty HIGHER COMMITMENT AND A NEW LEVEL OF COMPETITION-LIBERTY FC G99

Post by libertyfcfounder1 17/05/14, 12:29 pm

Ok, thanks.  We have been blessed with a defender guest player for our tourney.  She will be also practicing with us in June.

We are in want for a guest/permanent Keeper and offensive players.

https://libertygirls99.shutterfly.com

libertyfcfounder1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Higher Commitment and A New level of Competition-Liberty FC G99 Empty Re: Higher Commitment and A New level of Competition-Liberty FC G99

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down