North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Price Reduced - League Challenge Cup, June 12-15 in The Colony / Farmers Branch Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Price Reduced - League Challenge Cup, June 12-15 in The Colony / Farmers Branch

Go down

Price Reduced - League Challenge Cup, June 12-15 in The Colony / Farmers Branch Empty Price Reduced - League Challenge Cup, June 12-15 in The Colony / Farmers Branch

Post by coachdom23 06/05/14, 04:39 pm

League Challenge Cup
June 12-15, 2014
Games to be played at Five Star (The Colony) and Cox (Farmers Branch)

Registration Deadline is May 30th

This tournament offers three (3) distinct competitive divisions to accommodate all levels of play.  The divisions include:

- ACADEMY (U7-U10 Boys & Girls)... Gold, Silver, and Bronze divisions (if possible) based on teams registered
- CLASSIC "Gold" (U11-U19 Boys and U11-U19 Girls)
- PREMIER "Silver" (U11-U19 Boys & Girls)... NO CLASSIC TEAMS / NO CLASSIC-LEVEL GUEST PLAYERS ALLOWED IN PREMIER

U7 Academy = 8v8, 25-minute halves, $425
U8 Academy = 8v8, 25-minute halves, $425
U9 Academy = 9v9, 25-minute halves, $425
U10 Academy = 11v11, 30-minute halves, $425
U11 & U12 Premier or Classic = 11v11, 30-minute halves, $525
U13 & U14 Premier or Classic = 11v11, 35-minute halves, $525
U15-U19 Premier or Classic = 11v11, 40-minute halves, $525

NO ADDITIONAL FEES FOR US CLUB SOCCER ROSTERS
NO MINI-GAMES

Features of this tournament include:

- Gotsoccer used for registration, schedules, and results
- Sanctioned through US Club Soccer, so we can accept rosters from NTSSA (US Youth) or US Club Soccer.  No additional fees for US Club Soccer rosters  
- INC List
- VIP Pass
- Concierge Service

More information and online registration and online registration is available at www.u90c.com

Tournament Director: Dominic Falcinelli
Email:  dom@u90c.com
Phone: 469-587-7454, ext 103
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Price Reduced - League Challenge Cup, June 12-15 in The Colony / Farmers Branch Empty Re: Price Reduced - League Challenge Cup, June 12-15 in The Colony / Farmers Branch

Post by coachdom23 08/05/14, 11:04 am

www.u90c.com
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Price Reduced - League Challenge Cup, June 12-15 in The Colony / Farmers Branch Empty Re: Price Reduced - League Challenge Cup, June 12-15 in The Colony / Farmers Branch

Post by coachdom23 19/05/14, 12:46 pm

registration deadline is May 30th
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 20/05/14, 02:35 pm

www.u90c.com
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BigEnchilada 23/05/14, 05:20 pm

Bout time! IMO U90 has come a long way in the tournament world, there's lots of building and lots of work going on. Good stuff and seen some good tournaments - but the quality and number of teams in certain age groups still just aint there to justify $595.

Words of advice ... Remember where you came from and where you guys started. Good prices, decently run, and the competition is getting better. Careful to not bite the hand that feeds. Attempting to match pricing for well known tournaments, glasa, FCD, LP, etc. may come back to haunt.

Trying to establish U90 at the same level is a bold move but IMO, the business model you started with and that got you where you are now worked, Continue to offer something different from the competition and remember - the supply is there - but not the demand.
BigEnchilada
BigEnchilada
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 28/05/14, 10:21 am

Registration deadline is this Friday (5/30)

www.u90c.com
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 28/05/14, 11:56 am

Dom the link to the tournament doesn't work on U90 website. I wanted an applied team list please
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 28/05/14, 12:40 pm

Triumph FC wrote:Dom the link to the tournament doesn't work on U90 website. I wanted an applied team list please

I have posted a list on txsoccer.net for each age group in their respective age group forum. PM me if you have additional questions.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 29/05/14, 10:55 am

deadline is tomorrow, May 30th.

www.u90c.com
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 29/05/14, 09:51 pm

FC Dallas Red 06 doesn't exist
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 30/05/14, 11:04 am

Dom, I have a couple of questions for you the I hope you can answer.

After looking a the the applied teams list, some, if not more, have an alternate ID number that does NOT match the actual teams that you have as participating in the tournament. In fact, some of the coaches/managers of the teams have no idea that they were even signed up for the tournament.

Anyone can click on the team and pull up their GotSoccer history, but what is odd, is that the the ID numbers you have listed for possible exact team names have NO history. The real teams that are NOT signed up for the tourney, that you have listed DO have both different IDs and GotSoccer history.

Going further, some of the teams on the list are even listed as have the WRONG NAME.

To me, this looks like someone has padded the tournament to increase the number of teams by creating fake GotSoccer accounts to "pad" the tournament in order to give the impression that the tournament will "make" and has a higher competition rate that is actually represented.

Do you have or know any reason for this?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 30/05/14, 12:12 pm

Well I do know FC Dallas Red 06 doesn't exist it says so on their Gotsoccer page, don't know about others
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 30/05/14, 12:37 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:Dom, I have a couple of questions for you the I hope you can answer.

After looking a the the applied teams list, some, if not more, have an alternate ID number that does NOT match the actual teams that you have as participating in the tournament. In fact, some of the coaches/managers of the teams have no idea that they were even signed up for the tournament.

Anyone can click on the team and pull up their GotSoccer history, but what is odd, is that the the ID numbers you have listed for possible exact team names have NO history. The real teams that are NOT signed up for the tourney, that you have listed DO have both different IDs and GotSoccer history.

Going further, some of the teams on the list are even listed as have the WRONG NAME.

To me, this looks like someone has padded the tournament to increase the number of teams by creating fake GotSoccer accounts to "pad" the tournament in order to give the impression that the tournament will "make" and has a higher competition rate that is actually represented.

For U90C tournaments, I do create "Pending" teams for those teams who have told me that they are interested through phone call, pm's, or by submitting their names to the U90C INC List. INC stands for Interested but Not Committed. Teams on the INC List emailed U90C to tell U90C that they were interested in the tournament.

Pending teams and all teams who have applied for a tournament show up on the Applied Teams List (Pending teams has the word "Pending" to the left of their team name). Then, when the real team registers, I delete the Pending version of their team. Example: Liverpool 04 Carragher was listed as "Pending". They just registered, so I deleted the team "Pending Liverpool 04 Carragher" that I created, so both teams are not listed. Having Pending teams also helps me with scheduling. I try get ahead of possible schedule scenario and having Pending teams as a placeholder is helpful.

Even if a TD declines a team's application, the team still shows on the Applied Teams List, unless they are deleted. U90C does not like to delete teams, because then we lose their contact info to email them about future tournaments.

I hope this helps.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 30/05/14, 02:41 pm

For U90C tournaments, I do create "Pending" teams for those teams who have told me that they are interested through phone call, pm's, or by submitting their names to the U90C INC List.  INC stands for Interested but Not Committed.  Teams on the INC List emailed U90C to tell U90C that they were interested in the tournament.

Pending teams and all teams who have applied for a tournament show up on the Applied Teams List (Pending teams has the word "Pending" to the left of their team name).  Then, when the real team registers, I delete the Pending version of their team.  Example: Liverpool 04 Carragher was listed as "Pending".  They just registered, so I deleted the team "Pending Liverpool 04 Carragher" that I created, so both teams are not listed.  Having Pending teams also helps me with scheduling.  I try get ahead of possible schedule scenario and having Pending teams as a placeholder is helpful.

Even if a TD declines a team's application, the team still shows on the Applied Teams List, unless they are deleted.  U90C does not like to delete teams, because then we lose their contact info to email them about future tournaments.

I hope this helps.

Ok, but why the created GotSoccer teams that have the wrong ID number?

The "pending" status seems really deceiving. If a team calls, emails, pms, asking about a tournament, why are they put on a "pending" list? They may just have questions.

A pending list assumes that the team (real team, not newly created), has confirmed that they are ready to go, have actually applied and are awaiting your response. The pending should be a status that is solely on the tournament director to make sure of things such as field availability, available refs, correct payment, correct paperwork, schedule conflicts, competitive brackets, etc.

If a team just asks questions and is immediately put on the list, it very much seems like there is more interest in the tourney than there actually is. What this can lead to are teams that have choices between tourneys that may be being played that same weekend and joining yours simply by seeing the vast amount of teams on the pending list. Does that make sense?

Furthermore, I still don't understand the fake GotSoccer IDs that show no history for teams that already have a real ID number.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 30/05/14, 04:51 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:

For U90C tournaments, I do create "Pending" teams for those teams who have told me that they are interested through phone call, pm's, or by submitting their names to the U90C INC List.  INC stands for Interested but Not Committed.  Teams on the INC List emailed U90C to tell U90C that they were interested in the tournament.

Pending teams and all teams who have applied for a tournament show up on the Applied Teams List (Pending teams has the word "Pending" to the left of their team name).  Then, when the real team registers, I delete the Pending version of their team.  Example: Liverpool 04 Carragher was listed as "Pending".  They just registered, so I deleted the team "Pending Liverpool 04 Carragher" that I created, so both teams are not listed.  Having Pending teams also helps me with scheduling.  I try get ahead of possible schedule scenario and having Pending teams as a placeholder is helpful.

Even if a TD declines a team's application, the team still shows on the Applied Teams List, unless they are deleted.  U90C does not like to delete teams, because then we lose their contact info to email them about future tournaments.

I hope this helps.

Ok, but why the created GotSoccer teams that have the wrong ID number?

The "pending" status seems really deceiving. If a team calls, emails, pms, asking about a tournament, why are they put on a "pending" list? They may just have questions.

A pending list assumes that the team (real team, not newly created), has confirmed that they are ready to go, have actually applied and are awaiting your response. The pending should be a status that is solely on the tournament director to make sure of things such as field availability, available refs, correct payment, correct paperwork, schedule conflicts, competitive brackets, etc.

If a team just asks questions and is immediately put on the list, it very much seems like there is more interest in the tourney than there actually is. What this can lead to are teams that have choices between tourneys that may be being played that same weekend and joining yours simply by seeing the vast amount of teams on the pending list. Does that make sense?

Furthermore, I still don't understand the fake GotSoccer IDs that show no history for teams that already have a real ID number.

They are not just asking me one question and getting thrown up as pending. The majority of pending teams are interested but either still collecting money, or polling their parents to make sure they have enough players, or waiting to see who else signs up. I have to trust that they are being honest when they tell me that they plan to register. If they tell me that they are no longer interested, I delete the pending team that I created.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 30/05/14, 05:15 pm

coachdom23 wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:Dom, I have a couple of questions for you the I hope you can answer.

I hope this helps.

Wouldn't it be a bit less disingenuous to have them as "applied" when they have truly signed up rather than "pending?"

It just seems like the applied teams list is bloated and misleading by all the pending teams.

If you took everyone that is legitimate at their word, without them actually signing up, it would be a MUCH shorter list. What I'm trying to say is to just to trim down the list to the actual teams that signed, so that every other team will know for CERTAIN that they are playing those exact teams that are truly accepted.

This system that you have in place at the moment is like throwing Jello against a wall and seeing what sticks.

Make sense?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down