North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

U10G Team List: League Challenge Cup, June 12-15, The Colony - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

U10G Team List: League Challenge Cup, June 12-15, The Colony

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

U10G Team List: League Challenge Cup, June 12-15, The Colony - Page 2 Empty Re: U10G Team List: League Challenge Cup, June 12-15, The Colony

Post by Lakedad 04/06/14, 10:50 pm

kick_tha_ball wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight but I have to ask. I realize Solar Pulp 05 is a top team in their age group and is probably a better team than a lot of the o4s but why should they get into the Gold division over some of those said 04s. They aren't going select this year and I think that the 04s deserve to play the teams they will be competing against. They deserve the chance to test their metal against their peer group. If 05s want to play up they should have to play in the lower division. This should be the case in all age groups.

That's an awful big dog you don't have there.

Nothing wrong with allowing your team the opportunity to play against some of the best 04's before the teams go select and the ability to do so isn't there anymore.

Besides, haven't they already whooped up on all the Silver 04's?

Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

U10G Team List: League Challenge Cup, June 12-15, The Colony - Page 2 Empty Re: U10G Team List: League Challenge Cup, June 12-15, The Colony

Post by kick_tha_ball 05/06/14, 12:39 am

So slighting the other 04s is ok. If they lose to the 04s, well they are supposed to but if the they win then they are the air apparent to SRSA and RASE. Lets see how the 05 parents feel when the top 06 teams start playing up and beating them. And yes, it will be the PARENTS kicking and screaming this same argument. I just think the older aged team deserves the chance to prove their metal more. The time will come for the 05s.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 05/06/14, 05:55 am

kick_tha_ball wrote:So slighting the other 04s is ok. If they lose to the 04s, well they are supposed to but if the they win then they are the air apparent to SRSA and RASE. Lets see how the 05 parents feel when the top 06 teams start playing up and beating them. And yes, it will be the PARENTS kicking and screaming this same argument. I just think the older aged team deserves the chance to prove their metal more. The time will come for the 05s.

First of all, I have no connection at all to Solar's 05 group.  If this team is a top 05 team, they should be able to play in Gold if they want - who cares about age.  The reality is as the girls get older, age becomes less of an issue and skills becomes more of an issue.  Your argument if flawed - this is like saying all High School Freshman should have to play on a freshman team that can only play against freshmen teams.  In the real world, which is what we are supposedly preparing our daughters for, those who perform best play, regardless of age.  This is true both in and out of sports.

I would only see your point if Solar had played up against top 25 teams from 04 girls and gotten destroyed.  I can't imagine this has happened - the reality is that if they are a top 5 team from the 05 group, they should be able to play in and be competitive with the Gold Division.  Who cares if they are the heir (not air) apparent to SRSA or RASE - as a father of a girl who plays on a top 04 team, I only care about them playing the best competition available, regardless of age.  Who cares about how the parents feel (e.g. your statement about 'let's see how the 05 parents feel') - for us, this is about my daughter being challenged every day to improve and has nothing to do with how my wife or I 'feel' - its not about us, but about our DD.   Our professions are for us, and academics / sports / music is for our DD.

BTW, our daughter plays on Odyssey and if our team plays Solar 05, I imagine it will be a more competitive game than some of the other teams in Gold might give us.  If they truly are one of the top 05 teams, they will play a more strategic, possession style and less 'kick ball to a speedy forward' style that some of the better 04 teams still play.
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 05/06/14, 07:02 am

kick_tha_ball wrote:So slighting the other 04s is ok. If they lose to the 04s, well they are supposed to but if the they win then they are the air apparent to SRSA and RASE. Lets see how the 05 parents feel when the top 06 teams start playing up and beating them. And yes, it will be the PARENTS kicking and screaming this same argument. I just think the older aged team deserves the chance to prove their metal more. The time will come for the 05s.

In this case, absolutely. No one got pushed out or slighted from the gold bracket. The TD stated that each team requested the desired bracket.

As far as the 06's. You only need to look as far as Dallas Kicks 06 - Selecao. That team played in CFBAL - Platinum and ended up in 4th place with a record of 3-2-3.

Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 05/06/14, 11:25 am

So is there an updated list of teams.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 05/06/14, 11:35 am

Sweet_feet99 wrote:So is there an updated list of teams.

Draft schedule is already out to team managers for review and response with any missed conflicts. Dom is that good...
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 05/06/14, 11:43 am

Just checking, since flamefest doesn't seem to have a u10 girls division
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerpapa2 05/06/14, 11:47 am

I do not problem with 05's playing up and playing Gold if they are comeptitive. Always want to play the best teams out there.
I have a problem with 04's playing down in Silver to avoid competition and create the illusion of improvement/development.

soccerpapa2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 05/06/14, 11:49 am

Some of the 05's have held their own against the 04's gold divisions. They even beat a few. Not sure what to think of the silver division.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/06/14, 12:11 pm

You have an odd interpretation of the word 'deserve', if you are arguing the best teams should not play each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 05/06/14, 12:43 pm

coachdom23 wrote:
kick_tha_ball wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight but I have to ask. I realize Solar Pulp 05 is a top team in their age group and is probably a better team than a lot of the o4s but why should they get into the Gold division over some of those said 04s. They aren't going select this year and I think that the 04s deserve to play the teams they will be competing against. They deserve the chance to test their metal against their peer group. If 05s want to play up they should have to play in the lower division. This should be the case in all age groups.

Solar 05 (Pulpaneck) requested Gold and the teams in Silver requested Silver.

Yes, but in your post above you stated Mustangs registered for Silver but you moved them to Gold, so you obviously have some discretion. The problem with kicks statement is the inference that they would get into Gold over some of the 04 teams, which I am certain is not the case. I believe any 04 team, and Dom will correct me if I'm wrong, would be given the chance to test their metal in Gold if they so desired.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 05/06/14, 12:54 pm

Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:

First of all, I have no connection at all to Solar's 05 group.  If this team is a top 05 team, they should be able to play in Gold if they want - who cares about age.  The reality is as the girls get older, age becomes less of an issue and skills becomes more of an issue.  Your argument if flawed - this is like saying all High School Freshman should have to play on a freshman team that can only play against freshmen teams.  In the real world, which is what we are supposedly preparing our daughters for, those who perform best play, regardless of age.  This is true both in and out of sports.

I would only see your point if Solar had played up against top 25 teams from 04 girls and gotten destroyed.  I can't imagine this has happened - the reality is that if they are a top 5 team from the 05 group, they should be able to play in and be competitive with the Gold Division.  Who cares if they are the heir (not air) apparent to SRSA or RASE - as a father of a girl who plays on a top 04 team, I only care about them playing the best competition available, regardless of age.  Who cares about how the parents feel (e.g. your statement about 'let's see how the 05 parents feel') - for us, this is about my daughter being challenged every day to improve and has nothing to do with how my wife or I 'feel' - its not about us, but about our DD.   Our professions are for us, and academics / sports / music is for our DD.

BTW, our daughter plays on Odyssey and if our team plays Solar 05, I imagine it will be a more competitive game than some of the other teams in Gold might give us.  If they truly are one of the top 05 teams, they will play a more strategic, possession style and less 'kick ball to a speedy forward' style that some of the better 04 teams still play.

Peak, I realize the main point you are trying to make has to do with the quality of the Solar 05 team, but I don't think that there is any 04 team in the current Gold division that would give you a less competitive game.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/06/14, 12:57 pm

If SRSA and RASE weren't allowed to play-up they wouldn't be as good as they are today. If the teams are good enough let them play-up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 05/06/14, 01:01 pm

Let them play. Heck add some more to the gold division. Two teams that could move up.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 05/06/14, 01:21 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:

Peak, I realize the main point you are trying to make has to do with the quality of the Solar 05 team, but I don't think that there is any 04 team in the current Gold division that would give you a less competitive game.

You could be right . . . I will reserve my judgement until after the tourney. I am not doubting the other 04 teams in Gold won't be as competitive. My response was to the claim that 05 teams shouldn't be able to play against 04 teams. I imagine there are many, many 04 teams that would lose to Solar 05 (if they are as good as advertised). In the end, I hope that the best competition plays against the best competition, regardless of age. If a competitive 04 team plays in Silver to get some wins, then my DD's team 'wins' because we will get to play against the tougher competition in Gold (even if we lose all of the matches, the girls have stretched themselves than if they played against easier teams). In the end, the teams that play against the best, improve the most. Always.
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 05/06/14, 01:32 pm

Maybe I expressed it wrong. My point wasn't to say that 05s shouldn't be allowed to play against 04s. If they want to play up it's fine but don't put an 05 in a higher division than an 04 who wants to test their metal against the best in their age group. And to the point that no one cares if Solar Pulp is the "heir apparent", lets not kid ourselves, every parent that comes on here wishes their DDs team was in that position.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 05/06/14, 02:03 pm

kick_tha_ball wrote:Maybe I expressed it wrong. My point wasn't to say that 05s shouldn't be allowed to play against 04s. If they want to play up it's fine but don't put an 05 in a higher division than an 04 who wants to test their metal against the best in their age group. And to the point that no one cares if Solar Pulp is the "heir apparent", lets not kid ourselves, every parent that comes on here wishes their DDs team was in that position.

You are still getting it wrong.  None of the teams in Silver wanted to play in Gold.  Solar Pulp 05 asked to play in Gold.  No 04 team is being slighted.  Those 04 teams just do not want to play top competition.  If they think winning the Silver division against lesser opponents will be better for their team come July 1st, then great.  I think most parents will see through that.  But some won't.  In my experience, you get better by playing better competition. It's called development.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 05/06/14, 02:08 pm

Alright, its a dead horse now. Lets move on to something else. Good luck to all the teams and remember to have fun out on the pitch.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 05/06/14, 02:13 pm

GOLD:
- Solar 05 (Pulpaneck)
- Texas Spirit North 04
- Odyssey 04
- Dallas Texans 04 (Scott)
- Sting East 04 (Chacon)
- Mustangs 04 (Lopez)

SILVER:
- FC Dallas Premier Central 04 (Goodman)
- Fever 04 Red
- Liverpool 05 Gerrard
- Sting 05 (Scarfone)
- Dallas Kicks 04
- Liverpool 04 Carragher
- Sting North 04 (Angell)
- Liverpool FC 04 St.John
- D'Feeters 04 (Munoz)
- Dallas Texans 04 Red Dallas

BRONZE:
- FC Premier 04 (Opoku)
- Velocity Elite FC 04 (Lauren)
- FC Dallas 04 East (Boyles)
- Dallas Rush 04 (Jensen)

www.u90c.com

Last edited by coachdom23 on 05/06/14, 02:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 05/06/14, 02:19 pm

And that's final!
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 05/06/14, 02:23 pm

kick_tha_ball wrote:Alright, its a dead horse now. Lets move on to something else. Good luck to all the teams and remember to have fun out on the pitch.

FINALLY!  This is beating a dead horse! It's been over a year since someone finally pulled that saying out of the bag.

U10G Team List: League Challenge Cup, June 12-15, The Colony - Page 2 Flogging_a_dead_horse
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/06/14, 02:24 pm

Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad Looks like DT Scott jumped into the wrong tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 05/06/14, 02:32 pm

The reality is, the 05 group has a talent pool that hasn't been seen in a while.  There isn't a SRSA or RASE to date.  There are a number of teams with a wealth of talent.  Don't be surprised if a number of 05 players, and potentially teams that make the leap up once qualifications happen next year.  Kick, 05's are hungry and the standard has been set.  4-5 teams will venture out looking to beat up on some top boy teams to get a break from beating up on each other.  Then they will come looking for new challenges.  And those teams will continue to improve.  Heck, they already are.  The top 5 continue to stock up with great players.  Going to be a fun year!

Last edited by Lakedad on 05/06/14, 02:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : english is no good)
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PK_M.I.A. 05/06/14, 03:49 pm

Good Luck 05 Solar!!
PK_M.I.A.
PK_M.I.A.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackie Moon 06/06/14, 08:22 am

Schedule is posted.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/?eventid=37881
Jackie Moon
Jackie Moon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2