North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Sting Harr under estimated Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Sting Harr under estimated

Go down

Sting Harr under estimated Empty Sting Harr under estimated

Post by GameTime Realist 25/07/14, 04:57 pm

I watched the entire game from my vehicle GSSC vs Sting Harr. How do you stop a long ball offense. Ask Sting Harr very impressive. Chevron uniforms are awesome the girls looked good in them and defended GSSC 6 attackers very well. Overall one of the more exciting games. GSSC 4-0 I think not. Go practice.

GameTime Realist
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Sting Harr under estimated Empty Re: Sting Harr under estimated

Post by Questionforyou 25/07/14, 05:19 pm

GameTime Realist wrote:I watched the entire game from my vehicle GSSC vs Sting Harr.  How do you stop a long ball offense.  Ask Sting Harr very impressive.  Chevron uniforms are awesome the girls looked good in them and defended GSSC 6 attackers very well.  Overall one of the more exciting games.  GSSC 4-0 I think not.  Go practice.

What do you think you are accomplishing by posting this?
Questionforyou
Questionforyou
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by familystrong 25/07/14, 05:43 pm

Clearly a Thunder parent trying to make sure Odyssey doesn't make the same mistake as them. Odyssey is too good a team and coach to make that mistake. Go get 'em Odyssey!

familystrong
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerpapa2 25/07/14, 06:14 pm

You watched from your vehicle?? That's just weird, "the girls looked good in them (uniforms)"... even weirder in this context. Go practice? WTH!
No sure what exactly you are trying to communicate, I thought the score said it all and no explanation was necessary. You are bringing an unwanted spotlight to this team. Good luck the rest of the tournament.

soccerpapa2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 25/07/14, 06:28 pm

I don't think getting 12-15 shots off was good defending. Those shots were just missed not because of any great defense. And I watched the entire game from the sideline.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad4 25/07/14, 09:48 pm

No doubt Sting Harr wins their bracket...that's a gimme for this "under estimated" team.

Better question, is Sting Harr the new de facto #1????

SoccerDad4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccer 25/07/14, 10:03 pm

Accomplishing nothing.
Stupidest thread of the month
04Soccer
04Soccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/14, 10:07 pm

04Soccer wrote:Accomplishing nothing.

It made me want to root against Sting Harr.  That's something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 25/07/14, 10:29 pm

SoccerDad4 wrote:No doubt Sting Harr wins their bracket...that's a gimme for this "under estimated" team.

Better question, is Sting Harr the new de facto #1????

Better be careful what you ask for.. "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerjunk 26/07/14, 10:22 am

GameTime Realist wrote:I watched the entire game from my vehicle GSSC vs Sting Harr.  How do you stop a long ball offense.  Ask Sting Harr very impressive.  Chevron uniforms are awesome the girls looked good in them and defended GSSC 6 attackers very well.  Overall one of the more exciting games.  GSSC 4-0 I think not.  Go practice.

Oh sure, a real "understimated" team!! it was more like Sting Harr's defense that underestimated Odyssey's offense this am!!  lol! 

Soccerjunk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolfreak 26/07/14, 10:31 am

PlanoBound wrote:
04Soccer wrote:Accomplishing nothing.

It made me want to root against Sting Harr.  That's something.

Ok, THAT was funny!

futbolfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by familystrong 26/07/14, 01:33 pm

I have been debating whether or not to respond again to this thread to actually set the record straight.  I may regret this but I would like to clarify this situation a little.  

1.  If you are a true fan of our team, thank you for the kind words but this really was not the time nor the place to post something like that.  Sting Harr Dallas really does not wish to have any attention drawn to it.  We just want to be left alone while we work hard to develop.  There are a lot of families out their in NT who know my family and how we feel about this team. We don't need to be acknowledged as anything other than a Developing team.

2.  The purpose of my previous post in this thread was to actually deflect away from the Sting Harr team.  I did not wish to potentially pick a fight at the time.  Now that we don't have a chance at Div 1, I would like to come clean.  My wife and I are actually the managers of this team.  I promise nobody representing our team nor family from our team started this post.  I was not lying.  I firmly believe another team who may not have done so well against us, started this thread to draw attention to us.  If not, I apologize for the accusation and appreciate the kind words.

We played a very good Odyssey team today.  I love their style of play.  I have an 01 daughter, an 03 son (who plays Div 1) and an 04 daughter.  All play soccer.  This Odyssey 04G team plays a beautiful game.  Their back line is about as clinical in their approach as it gets.  Their possession style is wonderful and a joy to watch. I would compliment the keeper but she did not have to do anything (the uniform looks good).  I was very impressed (if that means anything).  Not that it is needed, but we definitely tip our hats to you and say great game.  

I wish all the girls on every team good luck.  Again, to whoever started this thread, thank you for the kind words but next time send us a card or something.

familystrong
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 26/07/14, 03:23 pm

Thanks for the post.

Always thought Sting Harr was not a team to overlook. They, like a handful of others, could really surprise some teams, and have a legitimate shot at D3 next weekend.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 26/07/14, 09:42 pm

familystrong wrote:I have been debating whether or not to respond again to this thread to actually set the record straight.  I may regret this but I would like to clarify this situation a little.  

1.  If you are a true fan of our team, thank you for the kind words but this really was not the time nor the place to post something like that.  Sting Harr Dallas really does not wish to have any attention drawn to it.  We just want to be left alone while we work hard to develop.  There are a lot of families out their in NT who know my family and how we feel about this team.  We don't need to be acknowledged as anything other than a Developing team.

2.  The purpose of my previous post in this thread was to actually deflect away from the Sting Harr team.  I did not wish to potentially pick a fight at the time.  Now that we don't have a chance at Div 1, I would like to come clean.  My wife and I are actually the managers of this team.  I promise nobody representing our team nor family from our team started this post.  I was not lying.  I firmly believe another team who may not have done so well against us, started this thread to draw attention to us.  If not, I apologize for the accusation and appreciate the kind words.

We played a very good Odyssey team today.  I love their style of play.  I have an 01 daughter, an 03 son (who plays Div 1) and an 04 daughter.  All play soccer.  This Odyssey 04G team plays a beautiful game.  Their back line is about as clinical in their approach as it gets.  Their possession style is wonderful and a joy to watch.  I would compliment the keeper but she did not have to do anything (the uniform looks good).  I was very impressed (if that means anything).  Not that it is needed, but we definitely tip our hats to you and say great game.  

I wish all the girls on every team good luck.  Again, to whoever started this thread, thank you for the kind words but next time send us a card or something.

As an Odyssey parent, I will be rooting for your team next weekend.  Your girls came to play and, from my perspective, wanted the game more in the first half.  Our girls finally realized they were going to have to earn every goal against y'all and fought hard in the 2nd half.  Your coach has a solid, athletic team to build on and I anticipate hearing more about Harr in the future.  Congrats to you and the other Harr parents for being intense and classy at the same time - it was an intense game and our DDs had to earn each goal, which is credit to your team (I was particularly impressed with your keeper - she anticipated our strikes and made great goal saving adjustments).  This game will make our DDs better, and we hope it will for your DDs as well.
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bow-Chicka-Wow Wow 02/08/14, 04:44 pm

What happened to this "underestimated" team. Bold statement last week followed by 2 losses this weekend. Very disappointing. I really expected you guys to push for the top seed in the bracket.

Bow-Chicka-Wow Wow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by familystrong 02/08/14, 06:41 pm

Bow-Chicka-Wow Wow wrote:What happened to this "underestimated" team.    Bold statement last week followed by 2 losses  this weekend.   Very disappointing.     I really expected you guys to push for the top seed in the bracket.    

LMAO.  This thread lives on.  Excellent.  Thank you to whoever started this thread and to whoever it has motivated to work harder.  Thank you.  Our girls can only benefit in the long run for this.  I am not sure if the quoted post was meant to ask how we are doing or to poke fun of our losses today.  I love NT Athletics.  Let me slide on my boxing gloves and give you a killer a haymaker.  The Cosmos and RFC played great games.  These games were a lot of fun.  Sure, it is difficult to be on the losing end but I know the girls on Sting Harr Dallas are getting better every game.  Also, I know that by propping up other teams in NT, it makes our victories (if we ever have one again) and our development more meaningful.  Let me put it another way.  I hope every girl who wants a college scholarship gets one.  I hope every girl who wants to play on the US Women's National Team makes it.  Then it will mean more when my daughters or sons tell others they played soccer in NT.  By insulting or putting down your competitors, you are bringing down your daughter's/your team's successes and development.  I hope this thread lives on until our girls are 18 - 19 years old.  That will mean Sting Harr Dallas has done something worthwhile.  I hope everyone who wants their daughter/team to develop in a positive atmosphere contacts me for a scrimmage.  I promise to bring a grill and host a fun event.  Also, from what I have heard, our tie with GSSC Thunder got 2 other Sting teams into D1.  For the club, we are proud of that achievement.  Please contact me if you would like to scrimmage our team.  I will do whatever I can to make it an enjoyable event.  I promise both teams will improve from the experience.  Good Luck to all!

familystrong
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/14, 08:57 pm

familystrong wrote:
Bow-Chicka-Wow Wow wrote:What happened to this "underestimated" team.    Bold statement last week followed by 2 losses  this weekend.   Very disappointing.     I really expected you guys to push for the top seed in the bracket.    

LMAO.  This thread lives on.  Excellent.  Thank you to whoever started this thread and to whoever it has motivated to work harder.  Thank you.  Our girls can only benefit in the long run for this.  I am not sure if the quoted post was meant to ask how we are doing or to poke fun of our losses today.  I love NT Athletics.  Let me slide on my boxing gloves and give you a killer a haymaker.  The Cosmos and RFC played great games.  These games were a lot of fun.  Sure, it is difficult to be on the losing end but I know the girls on Sting Harr Dallas are getting better every game.  Also, I know that by propping up other teams in NT, it makes our victories (if we ever have one again) and our development more meaningful.  Let me put it another way.  I hope every girl who wants a college scholarship gets one.  I hope every girl who wants to play on the US Women's National Team makes it.  Then it will mean more when my daughters or sons tell others they played soccer in NT.  By insulting or putting down your competitors, you are bringing down your daughter's/your team's successes and development.  I hope this thread lives on until our girls are 18 - 19 years old.  That will mean Sting Harr Dallas has done something worthwhile.  I hope everyone who wants their daughter/team to develop in a positive atmosphere contacts me for a scrimmage.  I promise to bring a grill and host a fun event.  Also, from what I have heard, our tie with GSSC Thunder got 2 other Sting teams into D1.  For the club, we are proud of that achievement.  Please contact me if you would like to scrimmage our team.  I will do whatever I can to make it an enjoyable event.  I promise both teams will improve from the experience.  Good Luck to all!

That's a great post. Could we please have 3000 more of that guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by 5th Element 02/08/14, 10:14 pm

What a piece of work. Or piece of sh*t. Why would you care which team underperformed given that you will have ruined soccer for your dd by the time she hits age 14? "Dad's" like you are a dime a dozen.

5th Element
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 02/08/14, 10:20 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
familystrong wrote:

That's a great post. Could we please have 3000 more of that guy.

AAAAAMENNNNNN!
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down