North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer SpectrumToday at 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/Grapevine09/05/24, 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLE09/05/24, 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Refs don't give a flip - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205198 messages in 31984 subjects

Refs don't give a flip

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Refs don't give a flip - Page 2 Empty Re: Refs don't give a flip

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:17 pm

soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:
MoGoSoccer wrote:Why are you calling out SUZY? No Suzy did not get pushed. "Suzy" got chopped at the knees. Full extension of arms, jerseys held. Shoulder first then get the ball.  Parents cheered. Very unfortunate. Glad to see a few other parents saw the same crap I did.

or suzy got knocked off the ball and went splat and the rec parents nearly crapped their pants, "my baby!!"

or you don't think there are any rules on the pitch and no contact is a foul

i believe soccer is a contact sport and of course there are fouls, but people like you think any contact is a card or foul and that's just silly...not at all surprised this is posted in the 04 forum...

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 25/08/14, 12:19 pm

MoGo said that his team just qualified for Plano Premier.

I had hoped he wasn't spending much time watching D1 teams play to "see what we need to shoot for."

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:20 pm

I will say, it's a funny thing. When you're DD is on the giving end, you're happily surprised that your DD didn't get called so you cheer them on, when you're on the receiving end, you're equally surprised there was no call but you're pissed and yell at the ref. The shoe changes feet quickly depending on the scenario. So it's a vicious cycle.

Like it's been stated a million times on this forum, the refs have the power to make the right calls but seem to err on the side of no calls. The kids won't learn what their limitations are if the refs don't instill those limitation during games. Not the kids fault, not even the coaches fault, I blame the refs solely as they control the flow of the game and the kids will play to the level they are allowed by the refs. So if you have a ref that doesn't know how to use a whistle, you're gonna see a lot blatant bumping, shoving, and jamming that you might not see in a game that's called a little tighter... it's all in the hands of the refs.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 25/08/14, 12:22 pm

silentparent wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:
MoGoSoccer wrote:Why are you calling out SUZY? No Suzy did not get pushed. "Suzy" got chopped at the knees. Full extension of arms, jerseys held. Shoulder first then get the ball.  Parents cheered. Very unfortunate. Glad to see a few other parents saw the same crap I did.

or suzy got knocked off the ball and went splat and the rec parents nearly crapped their pants, "my baby!!"

i believe soccer is a contact sport and of course there are fouls, but people like you think any contact is a card or foul and that's just silly...not at all surprised this is posted in the 04 forum...

People like me?  You don't know jack about "people like me".  I never gave my opinion one way or another.

But your assinine assumption was that MoGo was a rec parent and no foul occurred.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:24 pm

soccerisfun wrote:MoGo said that his team just qualified for Plano Premier.

I had hoped he wasn't spending much time watching D1 teams play to "see what we need to shoot for."

That is why I made the assumption it was the DT White team playing SRFC - there was a lot of complaining going on directed at the refs over on that field... not sure which parents were right behind us but they were pretty loud over there and really letting the LJ and ref have it for missed calls. Our game, right next door was equally lax of good calls and we really only said something when little "Suzy" got shoved out of bounds into the bleachers, with no call, of course... but the rough play was going both directions, not just one and neither team was getting called for it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:27 pm

soccerdad1969 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:Sooooooo MoGo, which one was it Scott or Red?

Scott. I heard their keeper plays dirty Twisted Evil JK Sheets.
I trained her well.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 25/08/14, 12:28 pm

Dang!  Suzy got shoved?  You must be a rec parent.  Did you crap your pants?  Rolling Eyes

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:30 pm

soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:

People like me?  You don't know jack about "people like me".  I never gave my opinion one way or another.

But your assinine assumption was that MoGo was a rec parent and no foul occurred.[/quote

sure i know you, you are the one yelling that your daughter was pushed, telling her don't take that! fight back! and then pisses and moans when she gets called for the foul or doesnt get the foul...

Last edited by silentparent on 25/08/14, 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:30 pm

soccerisfun wrote:Dang!  Suzy got shoved?  You must be a rec parent.  Did you crap your pants?  Rolling Eyes

Yup, but I brought a couple clean pair with since I figured it was going to happen more than once... us dang D3 rec parents like to swaddle our little "Suzy"...

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 25/08/14, 12:39 pm

silentparent wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:

But your assinine assumption was that MoGo was a rec parent and no foul occurred.[/quote

sure i know you, you are the one yelling that your daughter was pushed, telling her don't take that! fight back! and then pisses and moans when she gets called for the foul or doesnt get the foul...

Like I said - you don't know shit.

You bet I want my daughter to play more aggressive.  Can't recall a time I pissed or moaned when she got a foul called on her (in fact, I've complimented her on her aggressive play) - I'd be more pissed if she NEVER got a foul called on her.

Also doesn't mean refs should allow intentional tripping, forearm head shots, and kidney punches.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:42 pm

soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:

You bet I want my daughter to play more aggressive.  Can't recall a time I pissed or moaned when she got a foul called on her (in fact, I've complimented her on her aggressive play) - I'd be more pissed if she NEVER got a foul called on her.

Also doesn't mean refs should allow intentional tripping, forearm head shots, and kidney punches.

you have the fouls that have happened to your daughter memorized huh,lol. btw all that has been happening in a 04 age group? sure buddy sure

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 25/08/14, 12:44 pm

silentparent wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:

you have the fouls that have happened to your daughter memorized huh,lol

Actually, just giving examples, but nice of you to acknowledge that those are fouls.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 25/08/14, 12:52 pm

soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:

I am on your side in this discussion but don't understand your point. You would be pissed if your daughter never got a foul called on her and your can't ever remember moaning when she did get a foul called on her. Unfortunately, this is the strategy employed by many in our area. I would sure be pissed if your daughter was on my team and chopped a girl down for a penalty or wasn't smart enough to not commit a foul 25 yards from goal. Kids need to be taught when and where a foul can and can't be committed. In the attacking third, no problem be aggressive, but in our own third, lets try to defend properly instead of committing a foul that leads to a scoring chance.

I guess I am just a little confused by your point.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:56 pm

Actually, I think Kidney punches are allowed, open palm to the solar-plexus has been removed from the allowable list though. Also, tripping is OK as long as the ball is within half a field of the player being tripped - it's called "playing the ball". Forearm head shots are just a byproduct of a missed right or left hook, that's why it's seldomly called... Evil or Very Mad

Again, refs can control the game and what happens in the game, this weekend, for whatever reason, they had chosen not to. There were maybe 4 or 5 calls the entire game for us - outside half-time, end of game and player subbing (stop and resume play). That seems like very few fouls committed by 10 and 11 year olds still learning the rules of the game. Seems to me they would make a lot more mistakes that need to be corrected, but then again, I'm just a parent, what do I know... LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:57 pm

fouls happen when you play aggressively, thats why there are refs and thats why there are cards. every girl gets too aggressive sometimes and sometime the ref says play on and they should or the game gets so choppy it's not even soccer. would you like to drive on the highway with a policeman enforcing every single infraction on the highway? not me, just the more egregious ones..

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 25/08/14, 12:58 pm

notsosilentparent said I would piss and moan if a foul got called on my daughter - I said I encourage her to play agrressive.  An occasional foul for being "overly aggressive" (NOT hacking, chopping down someone, head shots, etc.) - but simply play that a ref deems to be overly agressive - is not a problem.  

I would rather her play that way - than a kid who is never willing to fight for the ball and is never in a position to get an occasional foul called - she used to play like that.  That's all I am saying.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 25/08/14, 01:01 pm

I think it was all a plot by LH and the referees.

They were testing the parents - they wanted to see which team's parents were going to be the troublemakers under their "no tolerance" policy

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 01:02 pm

soccerisfun wrote:notsosilentparent said I would piss and moan if a foul got called on my daughter - I said I encourage her to play agrressive.  An occasional foul for being "overly aggressive" (NOT hacking, chopping down someone, head shots, etc.) - but simply play that a ref deems to be overly agressive - is not a problem.  

I would rather her play that way - than a kid who is never willing to fight for the ball and is never in a position to get an occasional foul called - she used to play like that.  That's all I am saying.

i just find it hard to believe that those type of fouls are A occurring B not being called especially at the 04 level...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 01:04 pm

silentparent wrote:fouls happen when you play aggressively, thats why there are refs and thats why there are cards. every girl gets too aggressive sometimes and sometime the ref says play on and they should or the game gets so choppy it's not even soccer. would you like to drive on the highway with a policeman enforcing every single infraction on the highway? not me, just the more egregious ones..

Soccer is not driving - that's an apples to oranges reference there...

These kids need guidance on how to play the game and by not having any rules it creates players, when they get older, that don't understand why their getting these calls cause they had been OK up until now... This is a great age for the refs to teach these kids when it's too much and when it's not... I don't care if they call a foul or not, at least let the kid know to keep the arm down or don't extend when giving a friendly nudge or that throat hack was unnecessary... simple stuff so these kids can learn the right way to play the game, not how to play soccerhockey...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 01:06 pm

SoccerShocker wrote:
silentparent wrote:fouls happen when you play aggressively, thats why there are refs and thats why there are cards. every girl gets too aggressive sometimes and sometime the ref says play on and they should or the game gets so choppy it's not even soccer. would you like to drive on the highway with a policeman enforcing every single infraction on the highway? not me, just the more egregious ones..

These kids need guidance on how to play the game and by not having any rules it creates players, when they get older, that don't understand why their getting these calls cause they had been OK up until now...  This is a great age for the refs to teach these kids when it's too much and when it's not...  I don't care if they call a foul or not, at least let the kid know to keep the arm down or don't extend when giving a friendly nudge or that throat hack was unnecessary...  simple stuff so these kids can learn the right way to play the game, not how to play soccerhockey...

No, this is select, academy is over. it is the coaches job to coach not the ref. its his or her job is to enforce the rules of soccer and keep the game flowing....

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 25/08/14, 01:09 pm

Shocker said the girl received a blow to the head and went down - no foul.

My dd has played against girls who gave her kidney punches as she tried to protect the ball - no foul.  I told her some girls get frustrated and play that way - unfortunately, she will have to get used to it.  

(Though I did tell her that lifting her elbow as she quickly turns my solve that problem - even if she draws a foul.  or I wanted to tell her that.)

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 01:10 pm

silentparent wrote:
SoccerShocker wrote:

These kids need guidance on how to play the game and by not having any rules it creates players, when they get older, that don't understand why their getting these calls cause they had been OK up until now...  This is a great age for the refs to teach these kids when it's too much and when it's not...  I don't care if they call a foul or not, at least let the kid know to keep the arm down or don't extend when giving a friendly nudge or that throat hack was unnecessary...  simple stuff so these kids can learn the right way to play the game, not how to play soccerhockey...

No, this is select. it is the coaches job to coach not the ref. its his or her job is to enforce the rules of soccer and keep the game flowing....

So you're saying the ref has no business giving a kid a quick message, instead let them play as the coach would teach them?  That's why the refs are there, to keep the what the coaches teach under control.  These kids are already playing the way the coaches teach them, it's up to the refs to keep the safety and rules of the game intact...  I'm just saying at this age, there's no need to throw a yellow card or take away from the flow of the game by blowing a whistle every time little "Suzy" yanks on a jersey, pulls on an arm, body blocks a player off a ball or elbows someone in the mouth.  Just give 'em a little friendly warning, then if they do it again, stop play, blow a whistle, give a card, whatever...

Back to top Go down

Post by smellsliketeamspirit 25/08/14, 01:13 pm

Couldn't have Been Texans-Scott...

They've Got Some Big, Aggressive Girls, but they ALL Played Well Within the Rules, this Past Saturday...No Extended Arms, No Exaggerated Hip Checks, No High Kicks, No Grabbing...

Nada...

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 25/08/14, 01:15 pm

soccerisfun wrote:notsosilentparent said I would piss and moan if a foul got called on my daughter - I said I encourage her to play agrressive.  An occasional foul for being "overly aggressive" (NOT hacking, chopping down someone, head shots, etc.) - but simply play that a ref deems to be overly agressive - is not a problem.  

Understand, but you might want to rethink what you are saying. My point is that if you want to be over aggressive, do it in the attacking third or middle third, don't do it in your own third as you are potentially giving the opposition a legitimate goal scoring chance. This understanding of the game isn't something 10 year olds are going to pick up on unless it is taught. Nothing pisses me off more than when little Suzy barrels through a player 20 yards from goal and here parents are yelling "good job - way to be aggressive". The other team takes a free kick, scores and now the other 10 players on the field have to deal with the consequences of little Suzy's stupidity.

Again, I stand firm in my belief that it is the parents that cause this issue more so than the refs, even though the refs are not perfect.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 01:15 pm

soccerisfun wrote:Shocker said the girl received a blow to the head and went down - no foul.

My dd has played against girls who gave her kidney punches as she tried to protect the ball - no foul.  I told her some girls get frustrated and play that way - unfortunately, she will have to get used to it.  

(Though I did tell her that lifting her elbow as she quickly turns my solve that problem - even if she draws a foul.  or I wanted to tell her that.)

Let's be clear, she took a ball to the head that clearly took her out of the game with no stoppage of play. I was just saying when a player takes a head impact like that, they should stop play immediately since the safety of the child should come first at this age. Color me simple but head injuries are nothing to take lightly and if a kiddo takes one to the melon that puts them down immediately then there's reason for concern.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 01:16 pm

SoccerShocker wrote:
silentparent wrote:
SoccerShocker wrote:

No, this is select. it is the coaches job to coach not the ref. its his or her job is to enforce the rules of soccer and keep the game flowing....

So you're saying the ref has no business giving a kid a quick message, instead let them play as the coach would teach them?  That's why the refs are there, to keep the what the coaches teach under control.  These kids are already playing the way the coaches teach them, it's up to the refs to keep the safety and rules of the game intact...  I'm just saying at this age, there's no need to throw a yellow card or take away from the flow of the game by blowing a whistle every time little "Suzy" yanks on a jersey, pulls on an arm, body blocks a player off a ball or elbows someone in the mouth.  Just give 'em a little friendly warning, then if they do it again, stop play, blow a whistle, give a card, whatever...

i can agree to that. i was referring to refs having all sorts of chats with players instead of enforcing the rules, like in academy...btw i believe in refs punishing coaches who teach kids to blatantly foul with free kicks over and over. let the team suffer if thats their playing style, it will change quick when it costs them games...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next