North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 Rumor? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

05 Rumor?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

05 Rumor? - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Rumor?

Post by banana kick 10/09/14, 05:44 pm

Not knowing the details of the situation, I won't comment on what happened or why it happened, if much has actually even happened. I did, however, have the opportunity to watch this impressive group play earlier this summer, when they were still with Ryan Davis. They seemed to be very skilled and technical even then, and this definitely fit with my previous experiences with Ryan's players and teams as he was highly regarded in the NTX soccer community for his ability to teach the technical side of the game.

Ryan definitely had a tendency to build teams from the back, so I suppose you could reasonably argue that his philosophy or emphasis would certainly differ from a more attack-oriented approach, but I would hesitate to suggest he wasn't emphasizing technical development.

banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

05 Rumor? - Page 2 Empty Only LOVE for Ryan Davis

Post by Guest 10/09/14, 09:34 pm

That team universally loved  I love you  RYAN DAVIS....so let's not confuse the issue.

There is a difference between coaches, it worked for some but not for others. It is very unfortunate as this group of girls was very good together. But everyone has to make their own decisions and hope that we all end up in a better place.

Again there is no knock on Ryan Davis at all and he was very technical. The focus and the biggest difference is on attacking vs. a defending coach.  

banana kick wrote:Not knowing the details of the situation, I won't comment on what happened or why it happened, if much has actually even happened. I did, however, have the opportunity to watch this impressive group play earlier this summer, when they were still with Ryan Davis. They seemed to be very skilled and technical even then, and this definitely fit with my previous experiences with Ryan's players and teams as he was highly regarded in the NTX soccer community for his ability to teach the technical side of the game.

Ryan definitely had a tendency to build teams from the back, so I suppose you could reasonably argue that his philosophy or emphasis would certainly differ from a more attack-oriented approach, but I would hesitate to suggest he wasn't emphasizing technical development.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/09/14, 10:04 pm

Translation, Little Suzy is good enough to score, but Coach stuck her at defense. Question

Back to top Go down

05 Rumor? - Page 2 Empty Reading between the BLINDS

Post by Guest 10/09/14, 10:20 pm

Wow not sure how you got that out of any of the discussion that has been going on. Apparently instead of reading between the lines there must be some reading between BLINDS Cool

When you transition teams to a new coach/club you have to trust that the new coach knows what he is doing...again some kids/parents will not like this new coach or agree with his philosophy. That is ok. This happens in a transition. The parent needs to find peace and move on.

My kid is not playing the position she is best at, but she is filling a need right now. That is what being a part of a team is....and as parents we are ok with that. But again not everyone will be.

LIFE LESSON: A coach can't make everyone happy. If you don't like it go find a greener pasture. But we do know one thing for sure Willie Molano MAKES GREAT TEAMS. And we are banking on that...

Cobra_Kai wrote:Translation, Little Suzy is good enough to score, but Coach stuck her at defense.  Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/09/14, 10:57 pm

I agree with your message! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by souljalaw25 10/09/14, 11:36 pm

Well I would like some of these technical gurus to come to Tulsa to make things interesting!!! Since you Texas folks have it so good!! Very Happy

souljalaw25
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 11/09/14, 07:34 am

c8zyaboutsoccer wrote:Wow not sure how you got that out of any of the discussion that has been going on. Apparently instead of reading between the lines there must be some reading between BLINDS  Cool

When you transition teams to a new coach/club you have to trust that the new coach knows what he is doing...again some kids/parents will not like this new coach or agree with his philosophy. That is ok. This happens in a transition. The parent needs to find peace and move on.  

My kid is not playing the position she is best at, but she is filling a need right now. That is what being a part of a team is....and as parents we are ok with that. But again not everyone will be.

LIFE LESSON: A coach can't make everyone happy. If you don't like it go find a greener pasture.  But we do know one thing for sure Willie Molano MAKES GREAT TEAMS. And we are banking on that...

Really?  What great girls select teams has he made in the last 12 years?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/09/14, 08:45 am

Here is a question for you.

What great players have most of the "top" coaches developed?

The list I would love to see is the list of coaches that the great players were all trained by.

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick 11/09/14, 10:51 am

Borussia wrote:Here is a question for you.

What great players have most of the "top" coaches developed?

The list I would love to see is the list of coaches that the great players were all trained by.  

What is your criteria for "great" player?
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 11/09/14, 10:54 am

I am offended by you wanting to beat this dead horse again.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 11/09/14, 02:54 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:I am offended by you wanting to beat this dead horse again.

FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 11/09/14, 02:57 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:I am offended by you wanting to beat this dead horse again.

Or even better... Smile

05 Rumor? - Page 2 Deadho10
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/09/14, 11:17 pm

Sting west/texans whomever Friday timeline fun!

1. Davis tells team he's leaving and sting promises a top replacement coach. It took months before they actually told the team who it was going to be

2. The new coach is otherwise used to help sting out of their typical sting messes that occurred on other teams...

3. Sting West now has no coach. Scrambling Sting brings in a coach that's on staff that the parents decide just isn't worthy of their little stars. Parents rebel and throw hissies.

4. Team leaves pretty much in tact and all decide to go to texans because of this stuff

5. Their new texans coach doesn't give in to the few parents that suck up and as a result little Susie actually has to work a widdle bit...mommies and daddies get all sad again

6. Parents have a team meeting to cry about new their texans coach and also talk about other players on the team that need to be moved elsewhere because they aren't good enough. Many are upset and hurt

7. Texans Coach gets sad about secret meeting when he hears and tells manager to go away...but the griping parents wanted the meeting in the first place

8. Several players (MORE than 2 as stated above in the thread) are seen practicing elsewhere at several different teams over the past week (FCD solar pool sting)

9. One team parent jumps on forum to claim the typical "all is well here" at texans. Our Coach be good. We be good. You know nuthin. Only 2 left the team. Blah blah blah. Of course all is NOT well.

10. Rumor is Sting offers to take team back! They say we have amazing coach JD here! He's good! (Unless there's a bar near the practice facilities in euless or he needs to coach a team in LH next year)

11. Next chapter under construction

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianWilliams 13/09/14, 06:36 am

fortunewookie wrote:Sting west/texans whomever Friday timeline fun!

1. Davis tells team he's leaving and sting promises a top replacement coach. It took months before they actually told the team who it was going to be

2. The new coach is otherwise used to help sting out of their typical sting messes that occurred on other teams...

3.  Sting West now has no coach. Scrambling Sting brings in a coach that's on staff that the parents decide just isn't worthy of their little stars. Parents rebel and throw hissies.

4. Team leaves pretty much in tact and all decide to go to texans because of this stuff

5.  Their new texans coach doesn't give in to the few parents that suck up and as a result little Susie actually has to work a widdle bit...mommies and daddies get all sad again

6.  Parents have a team meeting to cry about new their texans coach and also talk about other players on the team that need to be moved elsewhere because they aren't good enough. Many are upset and hurt

7. Texans Coach gets sad about secret meeting when he hears and tells manager to go away...but the griping parents wanted the meeting in the first place

8. Several players (MORE than 2 as stated above in the thread) are seen practicing elsewhere at several different teams over the past week (FCD solar pool sting)

9. One team parent jumps on forum to claim the typical "all is well here" at texans. Our Coach be good. We be good. You know nuthin. Only 2 left the team. Blah blah blah. Of course all is NOT well.

10. Rumor is Sting offers to take team back!  They say we have amazing coach JD here!  He's good! (Unless there's a bar near the practice facilities in euless or he needs to coach a team in LH next year)

looks like c8zyaboutsoccer is just plain c8zy  Shocked

Surprised JD isn't already recruiting your players (with a little help from your manager) - it's not a rules violation at this age.

I guess JD is great, if you don't want him coaching your games.  But I wouldn't worry about him coaching a LH team next year.  I believe his suspension lasts for 2 years - that is if it wasn't suspended in any subsequent hearings.

He's driving to practices?  hmmm
BrianWilliams
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

05 Rumor? - Page 2 Empty to much drama

Post by SEAOTTER 14/09/14, 12:39 pm

And people wonder why lil sussie and lil johnny quit playing soccer??????? Why cant parents (who most of the time done know crap when it comes to teaching, developing and/or building a team) just sit down and shut up? Coaches in North Texas cant even develop a player or team because of the MUST WIN NOW attitude. This group of parents have a secret meeting to leave sting and within months have another secret meeting to remove the new coach? It is so frustrating to see all of this unneeded BS..

SEAOTTER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

05 Rumor? - Page 2 Empty BRAVO

Post by Guest 15/09/14, 03:37 pm

Wow you figured it all out! Good for you....

Well that Texans team IS doing GREAT now that the unhappy PARENTS, not PLAYERS, have left.  

And not to be mean...but who really cares about 2 players leaving. Totally normal in a transition. Back to the posting before, not sure why people want to keep beating a dead horse on this topic.

We look forward to playing this weekend!  Very Happy

FYI - enough said, THE END book closed!

onlythetruth wrote:
fortunewookie wrote:Sting west/texans whomever Friday timeline fun!

3.  Sting West now has no coach. Scrambling Sting brings in a coach that's on staff that the parents decide just isn't worthy of their little stars. Parents rebel and throw hissies.

5.  Their new texans coach doesn't give in to the few parents that suck up and as a result little Susie actually has to work a widdle bit...mommies and daddies get all sad again

6.  Parents have a team meeting to cry about new their texans coach and also talk about other players on the team that need to be moved elsewhere because they aren't good enough. Many are upset and hurt

10. Rumor is Sting offers to take team back!  They say we have amazing coach JD here!  He's good! (Unless there's a bar near the practice facilities in euless or he needs to coach a team in LH next year)

looks like c8zyaboutsoccer is just plain c8zy  Shocked

Surprised JD isn't already recruiting your players (with a little help from your manager) - it's not a rules violation at this age.

I guess JD is great, if you don't want him coaching your games.  But I wouldn't worry about him coaching a LH team next year.  I believe his suspension lasts for 2 years - that is if it wasn't suspended in any subsequent hearings.

He's driving to practices?  hmmm

Last edited by c8zyaboutsoccer on 15/09/14, 04:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

05 Rumor? - Page 2 Empty AMEN

Post by Guest 15/09/14, 03:51 pm

It is ridiculous..Let the coach, coach and develop the players and let the kids play - and play any position.

SEAOTTER wrote:And people wonder why lil sussie and lil johnny quit playing soccer??????? Why cant parents (who most of the time done know crap when it comes to teaching, developing and/or building a team) just sit down and shut up? Coaches in North Texas cant even develop a player or team because of the MUST WIN NOW attitude. This group of parents have a secret meeting to leave sting and within months have another secret meeting to remove the new coach? It is so frustrating to see all of this unneeded BS..

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 15/09/14, 04:16 pm

The thread that will not die...

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by I AM HIM 21/09/14, 12:05 pm

Oh Fortunewookie tell truth. Me know first hand. More will be departing very soon. c8zy is very "cray cray". c8zy not welcome back at Sting.

I AM HIM
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2