North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/Grapevine09/05/24, 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLE09/05/24, 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Club Player Pass Opinion Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

Club Player Pass Opinion

Go down

Club Player Pass Opinion Empty Club Player Pass Opinion

Post by Keeper_Dad_01 05/10/14, 11:19 am

Question is, why is a "Club" that has multiple teams in the same age group allowed to use Guest Players from the same "Club" to help try to bolster and attempt to maintain their team spot in LHGCL when they have have a full bench of reserves and regular roster-ed players from their original signings sitting on the bench watching the guest players take their playing time? The player pass situation IMO should only be allowed to fill spots when a team doesn't have enough players and reserves to complete. IMO, the player pass should not be allowed to help a "Club" hold on to a LHGCL placement because they are going to be pushed back into Qualification or Relegation. On a second note, why would it ever be ethically ok for a team to use Premier Players off of one of their other teams to guest in a DIII league game? It only seems that their is one intent in this move, and it is only to stop relegation. This same "Club" had a second team in the same division that is in a higher rank and place in the division that had one of their best players injured and choose not to use the Player Pass Rule why would that be? Ethics?
Keeper_Dad_01
Keeper_Dad_01
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Club Player Pass Opinion Empty Re: Club Player Pass Opinion

Post by longhorns24 07/10/14, 11:00 am

I completely agree! You are where you are because of the roster you brought on board. Play with who you brought. Why is there a need to "borrow" players when you have a full roster or no injury issues limiting available players?? If I was a parent on a team of 16+ and my daughter didn't play because you "borrowed" a player without need, I would be very upset!!

Besides, we all know that these same teams will stay in LH since one of their sibling teams somewhere in LH will fold and another team will be gifted their spot. Another story for another day....ignoring the competitive spirit to earn those coveted spots!
longhorns24
longhorns24
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fatherofoneplayer 07/10/14, 11:17 am

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam here:

http://www.txsoccer.net/t22777-player-pass-should-be-revoked

But in response to your post, it is being abused and will continue to be abused. By and large the vast majority of parents/players/coaches and clubs have no problem with CPP. Some would like you to think the majority is against it but the reality is only those directly and negatively affected have a problem with CPP. Personally, I could care less.
fatherofoneplayer
fatherofoneplayer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 07/10/14, 11:48 am

fatherofoneplayer wrote:This topic has been discussed ad nauseam here:

But in response to your post, it is being abused and will continue to be abused. By and large the vast majority of parents/players/coaches and clubs have no problem with CPP. Some would like you to think the majority is against it but the reality is only those directly and negatively affected have a problem with CPP. Personally, I could care less.

Could you please provide your support for the above statement?

Is that for CPP utilized to move players up, move ringers down, or both?

Most of the parents I have spoken to are opposed to the utilization of CPP to bring down ringers in order to win games, and feel that is a violation of the spirit of CPP.  Most of the posters on the above thread are also opposed.  And yet neither is the consensus that you apparently have.

Oh - and never directly affected, never negatively affected, and completely opposed to it's use in the current form.
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiki-taka 07/10/14, 12:06 pm

See unscentific poll in General Section
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fatherofoneplayer 07/10/14, 12:07 pm

soccer chuck wrote:
fatherofoneplayer wrote:This topic has been discussed ad nauseam here:

Could you please provide your support for the above statement?

Certainly. While I have not taken a complete polling of all parents of DD's that play LHGCL, PPL or APL, there is approximately 690 players which I have concluded involves roughly 1300 mothers/fathers. In the thread above and others relating to CPP there is 10-15 posters that come out against CPP.

Is that for CPP utilized to move players up, move ringers down, or both?

Most of the parents I have spoken to are opposed to the utilization of CPP to bring down ringers in order to win games, and feel that is a violation of the spirit of CPP.  Most of the posters on the above thread are also opposed.  And yet neither is the consensus that you apparently have.

Oh - and never directly affected, never negatively affected, and completely opposed to it's use in the current form.
fatherofoneplayer
fatherofoneplayer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by setrimacoky 09/10/14, 02:51 pm

CPP is a crock. If you have injury issues, look for an unrostered player. The league is so dysfunctional right now due to CPP, dual rostering and club byes. A main focus of a team is to continuously improve and hopefully get to the next division. But, these three league policies are blatant in favoring essentially 5 clubs in the metroplex, and making smaller clubs and independent teams play under an inherently different and less forgiving set of rules. Basically, getting to the next division for smaller clubs is more difficult than the larger clubs because of these unfair rules. No amount of debate can change that fact. If you approximate the number of girls in smaller clubs vs. larger clubs for 01's in all 3 divisions in LH, there are actually about the same number of girls in the smaller or independent clubs as are in the big clubs. So the rule is harsher on approximately 1/2 the girls in the league (actually more than that because players on the teams that abuse CPP are in turn mistreated - the only girls it help is the girls that get an opportunity to play up). In addition, the larger clubs are more heavily represented in D1 and D2 and weakly represented in D3. This is a direct result of the 1. CPP, 2. dual rostering and 3. club byes.....the trifecta of competitive hindrance. Mad

setrimacoky
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 09/10/14, 03:19 pm

setrimacoky wrote: The league is so dysfunctional right now due to CPP, dual rostering and club byes.

Not sure what you don't like about the club bye system. A quick check of a few teams that took advantage this year shows some very promising results:

LP Keegan 03 0 wins 6 losses 4 GF 25 GA
DT White 02 0 wins 6 losses 0 GF 32 GA
FCD 99 Black 0 wins 9 losses 4 GF 36 GA

Who says you should earn your way in?

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 09/10/14, 03:30 pm

Gunner9 wrote:
setrimacoky wrote: The league is so dysfunctional right now due to CPP, dual rostering and club byes.  

Not sure what you don't like about the club bye system.  A quick check of a few teams that took advantage this year shows some very promising results:

LP Keegan 03       0 wins   6 losses   4 GF   25 GA
DT White 02         0 wins   6 losses   0 GF   32 GA
FCD 99 Black        0 wins   9 losses   4 GF   36 GA

Very promising results for the clubs as each one of those teams generate as much revenue as a 1st place D1 team.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/10/14, 04:27 pm

Lefty wrote:
Gunner9 wrote:

Not sure what you don't like about the club bye system.  A quick check of a few teams that took advantage this year shows some very promising results:

Very promising results for the clubs as each one of those teams generate as much revenue as a 1st place D1 team.

Who is the small club or independent team that got screwed over in each of those cases?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/10/14, 05:10 pm

Lefty wrote:
Gunner9 wrote:

Add this one to your list:

DT 02  SOUTH  0 wins 5 losses  5 GF  24 GA

And I'm sure there's many more examples

Back to top Go down

Post by berserker13 09/10/14, 05:47 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Lefty wrote:
Gunner9 wrote:

Who is the small club or independent team that got screwed over in each of those cases?

Depends on whether more teams would be promoted or less teams relegated. In the 02's Andro in D3 was 1 point out of first place, but only 1 moved up with the reduction in D1 teams at U13.

Even if it was a big club team that didn't get the slot, the kids on those teams should have been moved up because they earned it not the kids on a lower level team that got lucky that one of their club's higher level teams blew up.
berserker13
berserker13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CPPmustgoaway 19/02/15, 03:29 pm

setrimacoky wrote:CPP is a crock. If you have injury issues, look for an unrostered player. The league is so dysfunctional right now due to CPP, dual rostering and club byes. A main focus of a team is to continuously improve and hopefully get to the next division. But, these three league policies are blatant in favoring essentially 5 clubs in the metroplex, and making smaller clubs and independent teams play under an inherently different and less forgiving set of rules. Basically, getting to the next division for smaller clubs is more difficult than the larger clubs because of these unfair rules. No amount of debate can change that fact. If you approximate the number of girls in smaller clubs vs. larger clubs for 01's in all 3 divisions in LH, there are actually about the same number of girls in the smaller or independent clubs as are in the big clubs. So the rule is harsher on approximately 1/2 the girls in the league (actually more than that because players on the teams that abuse CPP are in turn mistreated - the only girls it help is the girls that get an opportunity to play up). In addition, the larger clubs are more heavily represented in D1 and D2 and weakly represented in D3. This is a direct result of the 1. CPP, 2. dual rostering and 3. club byes.....the trifecta of competitive hindrance. Mad

cheers

CPPmustgoaway
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/02/15, 04:06 pm

Welcome to NTX soccer. Where even you are dis functional.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 19/02/15, 06:33 pm

I, too, believe the CPP is a crock. By and large, I'd contend that it gets used mostly to shift the balance between a probable loss/tie to a tie/win. It really is quite ridiculous.

But I'd contend that 2 of the 3 reasons posited above (by setrimacoky) for a heavier concentration of large club teams in D1 and D2 aren't factors. The only one having potential merit would be #3 (Club Bye). Even that would be hard to prove.

allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/02/15, 07:49 pm

We all have an opinion that is what is great about this board!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by setrimacoky 24/02/15, 05:32 pm

allhatnocattle...All three are in fact major factors of why my daughter's team is not in D2.  I would not even consider that up for a debate.

setrimacoky
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 24/02/15, 05:50 pm

setrimacoky.....too many unknowns with your situation to argue the point further. But rest assured, everything is up for debate on this site.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/02/15, 07:23 pm

I think it's time for parents to just be happy their kid is getting a opportunity to play. I can tell you that the further you move torwords the top the more difficult it becomes with increased pressure. It probable a good idea to sit back and enjoy your time with her before you know it it will be over. All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for and appreciate what you have.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by random 25/02/15, 10:19 am

[quote="setrimacoky"] A main focus of a team is to continuously improve and hopefully get to the next division.

I couldn't agree more.  As a team within a larger club we also have not been gifted a CPP, dual roster, or club bye.  It is very difficult to advance to the next level these days with just your plain 'ol team.  It feels an awful lot like the 'little engine that could' for us.  However, I will say that when you do experience success the old fashioned way it is all the more sweeter!

When I have tried to push back against these new 'rules' I have found that coaches and parents are unwilling to engage LHGCL on this.  So I suppose that this makes fatherofoneplayer correct!
random
random
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 25/02/15, 10:32 am

I'm not familiar with dual roster or byes. Little help please?
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 25/02/15, 11:52 am

Others are more familiar with it than I, but here's a simplistic description of each:

dual roster - players on ECNL teams can also play with LHGCL teams. ECNL rosters tend to be larger than LHGCL rosters, so some girls can get additional playing time by being on a club's ECNL roster and LHGCL roster.

club bye - a club having a team fold (such as last summer with D1's Sting Guzman) maintains the D1 spot and a D2 team (Sting Donovan) moves up to claim it. Sting maintained the D2 bye and Sting Central Cuevas moved up from D3 to D2.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum