North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 TryoutsToday at 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGORToday at 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/GrapevineToday at 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLEToday at 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Lake Highlands 04 DIII Week 8 Predictions - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

Lake Highlands 04 DIII Week 8 Predictions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lake Highlands 04 DIII Week 8 Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Lake Highlands 04 DIII Week 8 Predictions

Post by Guest 21/10/14, 10:36 pm

kick_tha_ball wrote:D3 coach is pressured to win so he borrows 2-3 girls from D1 team. What does he tell the 2-3 girls and their parents that have to sit out that week, "We'll need you at some point, your still an important part of this team". Don't worry about their feelings.
What does he tell the girls and their parents, "Thank you for your payment".

Back to top Go down

Lake Highlands 04 DIII Week 8 Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Lake Highlands 04 DIII Week 8 Predictions

Post by SolarPower00 22/10/14, 12:58 am

HeadHaunter wrote:
Bobcat wrote:I think you make up way more than you "know".  Everyone knows who the CPP players are, and why they are playing, and playing time.  Your DD might be different than most, but you are definitely in the minority on your thoughts of how CPP is used.

that's fine, maybe I am in the minority

You are... Quit haunting our heads with this Pro-CPP propaganda!
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 22/10/14, 01:08 am

HeadHaunter wrote:
Bobcat wrote:I think you make up way more than you "know".  Everyone knows who the CPP players are, and why they are playing, and playing time.  Your DD might be different than most, but you are definitely in the minority on your thoughts of how CPP is used.

The minority appears to be only those that actually post on this forum cause most of the folks I've talked to have no problem with it or don't care either way...  the ones that seem pissed about it's use are the small clubs that can't use it or the clubs where the coach refuses to use it stating exactly what I keep seeing posted on this forum - you sign X amount of players and that's who you should play - really?  That's narrow minded thinking on growth of ALL players big and small.  If you can use it, use it in either direction.  If your club doesn't use it in both directions then you probably need a new club.  If your club can't use it and you love the idea of it, then you need a new club.  If you could care less, then you're right where you need to be.  I still think the love/hate relationship with the CPP is all about the parents.  Moreover, the parents, coaches and clubs.  If you don't like it cause you don't think your coach is utilizing it to its full capabilities, then talk to the coach about your concerns.  If he gives you the ol' play with who you signed B.S. then it's possible he doesn't have a good relationship with other coaches within the club where they can swap players.  It can be as much a negative for teams that don't play nice within their own clubs as it is a positive for teams that have great relationships within the club.  It all depends on your club and definitely about your coach as to whether you're team is taking advantage of the CPP or not - regardless of HOW it's used within the club.  Just the opportunity to actually use it.  I can say not all big clubs are utilizing it and certainly not the majority of larger clubs.  TXS and D'Feeters (formerly LFS) are small clubs compared to Dallas Texans, Liverpool, FC Dallas or Sting when you take into consideration the number of 04 teams.  However, only Liverpool, D'Feeters and TXS has two teams under one coach in the 04s (well LP just nixed that as well but they did have two teams under one coach).  This makes it easier to utilize players between teams whereas the other teams have to "play nice" within the club to utilize such players across teams - that just doesn't happen and those kids are being shorted the learning opportunity in my opinion.  But you can't tell all parents that cause they are just too damn competitive with U11 - U13 soccer when it should be about just getting better from a "player" perspective.  I don't expect the CPP haters to understand my perspective, and that's fine, maybe I am in the minority but I'm definitely OK with that if my kiddo is getting what she needs from it.

It almost sounds like your saying that all the clubs with multiple teams should tell all their kids to meet up at UTD every Saturday and whatever time. Then the coaches can just look over the group and pick the 14 girls they want that day. The team you signed with doesn't matter.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 22/10/14, 01:12 am

This is all really much ado about nothing. What is really the big deal about CPP? If you want to pinpoint the game that brought on this whole debate, Sting West is a D1 team masquerading as a D3 team anyway. So they lost to a team that used "guest players." So what? It ain't the first time and it won't be the last. They'll still be in D2 next year. If coaches want to use CPP, use it. It's legal. I'm sure there's a valid explanation either way. Bottom line is that it's none of anybody's business what another club does or doesn't do. Look across your sideline. If you don't like what you see, start looking around. There are 15-20 clubs out there and 80+ teams. I'm sure you can find something you approve of. Otherwise, just say congrats and move on.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 22/10/14, 06:13 am

DEAD HORSE!!! A small few like it for whatever reason and most think it's a being exploited. Neither side of this "DEBATE" is gonna change their perspective. Let's move on to Week 9.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 22/10/14, 06:47 am

SolarPower00 wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:

that's fine, maybe I am in the minority

You are... Quit haunting our heads with this Pro-CPP propaganda!

cheers lol!
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 24/10/14, 09:50 am

kick_tha_ball wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:So it sounds to me like everyone is assuming the girls that didn't play in the DIII game didn't play at all and had to sit... it's my understanding those girls played up into the DI team so they didn't miss any playing time...  They were starters on the DIII team so they were replaced with starters from the DI team, but like I always say, you can know one person from one team and hear things the way they see 'em then you can talk to others that are on the outside and hear the way they see things...  it always seems to be two completely different stories...  it's my understanding that no one lost playing time they merely played up while other played down.  I can't confirm this as I was not there but talking to folks it's funny how you get two completely different perspectives especially when you talk to those who weren't even involved in the game itself...  It seems like everyone always knows more about what's going on then what's ACTUALLY going on...  but I do like this debate to see who really knows what they are talking about instead of insinuating what they believe to be true.

Sounds like your describing yourself when talking about those "In. The Know". And we all know this little scenario about how CUP was used didn't go down the way you say it did. If you signed 14-16 girls, go play with those girls. Let the chips fall where the may.

One last note to contend with the speculation machine (then the horse soup we've created will end) - the CPP WAS actually used in the way I said it did... two DIII players played in each of the three games that DI players were used to play on the DIII team. So it did go down the way it was told to me. The two DIII players for each game were different players each time as were the players that played in DIII from DI. Not the same players were used in any one of those scenarios. SO, just goes to show that some folks really DON'T know what they're talking about and CPP was used exactly as it was intended... but adufresne had it right all along, who cares what another team does or doesn't do - you don't play for them anyways. However, I am just trying to defend the CPP and this was a classic case of it's use and how it's misconstrued by speculation and rumor. Can I prove it? Not on this forum but I did see the rosters for those games and they showed CPP players for both teams. Apparently the age commissioner doesn't collect the game cards at this age group?
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 24/10/14, 10:08 am

HeadHaunter wrote:
kick_tha_ball wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:So it sounds to me like everyone is assuming the girls that didn't play in the DIII game didn't play at all and had to sit... it's my understanding those girls played up into the DI team so they didn't miss any playing time...  They were starters on the DIII team so they were replaced with starters from the DI team, but like I always say, you can know one person from one team and hear things the way they see 'em then you can talk to others that are on the outside and hear the way they see things...  it always seems to be two completely different stories...  it's my understanding that no one lost playing time they merely played up while other played down.  I can't confirm this as I was not there but talking to folks it's funny how you get two completely different perspectives especially when you talk to those who weren't even involved in the game itself...  It seems like everyone always knows more about what's going on then what's ACTUALLY going on...  but I do like this debate to see who really knows what they are talking about instead of insinuating what they believe to be true.

Sounds like your describing yourself when talking about those "In. The Know". And we all know this little scenario about how CUP was used didn't go down the way you say it did. If you signed 14-16 girls, go play with those girls. Let the chips fall where the may.

One last note to contend with the speculation machine (then the horse soup we've created will end) - the CPP WAS actually used in the way I said it did...  two DIII players played in each of the three games that DI players were used to play on the DIII team.  So it did go down the way it was told to me.  The two DIII players for each game were different players each time as were the players that played in DIII from DI.  Not the same players were used in any one of those scenarios.  SO, just goes to show that some folks really DON'T know what they're talking about and CPP was used exactly as it was intended...  but adufresne had it right all along, who cares what another team does or doesn't do - you don't play for them anyways.  However, I am just trying to defend the CPP and this was a classic case of it's use and how it's misconstrued by speculation and rumor.  Can I prove it?  Not on this forum but I did see the rosters for those games and they showed CPP players for both teams.  Apparently the age commissioner doesn't collect the game cards at this age group?  

Still serving up that filet mignon on that trashcan lid.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 24/10/14, 10:25 am

kick_tha_ball wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:
kick_tha_ball wrote:

One last note to contend with the speculation machine (then the horse soup we've created will end) - the CPP WAS actually used in the way I said it did...  two DIII players played in each of the three games that DI players were used to play on the DIII team.  So it did go down the way it was told to me.  The two DIII players for each game were different players each time as were the players that played in DIII from DI.  Not the same players were used in any one of those scenarios.  SO, just goes to show that some folks really DON'T know what they're talking about and CPP was used exactly as it was intended...  but adufresne had it right all along, who cares what another team does or doesn't do - you don't play for them anyways.  However, I am just trying to defend the CPP and this was a classic case of it's use and how it's misconstrued by speculation and rumor.  Can I prove it?  Not on this forum but I did see the rosters for those games and they showed CPP players for both teams.  Apparently the age commissioner doesn't collect the game cards at this age group?  

You're familiar with that anecdote eh? confused
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 24/10/14, 10:40 am

HeadHaunter wrote:
kick_tha_ball wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:
kick_tha_ball wrote:

You're familiar with that anecdote eh?  confused

Nope, just know a load when I smell it. Or maybe its the dead horse? Let's move on. WEEK 9!!!
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 24/10/14, 03:59 pm

DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2