North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL Spring RoundUp U11 Applied Teams List 04s - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

LHGCL Spring RoundUp U11 Applied Teams List 04s

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LHGCL Spring RoundUp U11 Applied Teams List 04s - Page 2 Empty Re: LHGCL Spring RoundUp U11 Applied Teams List 04s

Post by SickofStupidity 06/02/15, 08:25 am

I wouldn't think # of teams / games would be a limiting factor - they have 3 1/2 days available for the tournament.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Spring RoundUp U11 Applied Teams List 04s - Page 2 Empty Re: LHGCL Spring RoundUp U11 Applied Teams List 04s

Post by db10 06/02/15, 09:31 am

Rookie wrote:Most DIII teams are not crazy about playing a tournament against the same teams they face twice in League play. Also, requests were made (by DIII teams) to play at the highest level.

I'm having a hard time believing that the Andro coach asked to face teams such as Scott and Spirit simply to advance.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 06/02/15, 09:47 am

cluck
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 06/02/15, 03:08 pm

What would be basis for determining Gold vs Silver, etc.? With the exception of possibly just tweaking the brackets a bit to adjust for any perceived imbalances, I think the format is just fine the way it is.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 06/02/15, 03:13 pm

What is the basis in any tournament?

You are kidding, right?

Doesn't every tournament with a sufficient number of entrants have to use some basis to determine divisions?

How were the brackets populated? Clearly not randomly. Teams were ranked and assigned to brackets. Presumably, the same system could be used to split divisions.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware 06/02/15, 03:29 pm

KnKsDad wrote:What would be basis for determining Gold vs Silver, etc.? With the exception of possibly just tweaking the brackets a bit to adjust for any perceived imbalances, I think the format is just fine the way it is.

Just an observation but it looks like TSN will take a loss, get an easy win and another win that is not quite as easy but advance none the less, so why wouldn't you mind the format...except for the loss you will take in the quarters vs Liverpool Premier.

Some of the lower seeded teams may want to advance as well, albeit in a weaker more balanced division.
Full Kit Wankers Beware
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 06/02/15, 03:31 pm

KnKsDad wrote:What would be basis for determining Gold vs Silver, etc.? With the exception of possibly just tweaking the brackets a bit to adjust for any perceived imbalances, I think the format is just fine the way it is.

Says the guy whose team is in the only bracket with 2 DIII teams.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandalorian 06/02/15, 04:03 pm

Right... What's the point in DI, II and III divisions for league play???
Mandalorian
Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 06/02/15, 04:06 pm

Mandalorian wrote:Right...  What's the point in DI, II and III divisions for league play???  

ummm . . . what would be the basis for determining the divisions?!?

Rolling Eyes

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandalorian 06/02/15, 04:16 pm

No divisions. Just like these tourneys. In fact, let's just do away with age groups as well.
Mandalorian
Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 06/02/15, 04:31 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:What is the basis in any tournament?

You are kidding, right?

Doesn't every tournament with a sufficient number of entrants have to use some basis to determine divisions?

How were the brackets populated?  Clearly not randomly.  Teams were ranked and assigned to brackets.  Presumably, the same system could be used to split divisions.

Damn. The point I was trying to make is what you are referencing. If there was a Gold/Silver type split there would still be teams that some would feel should be Gold vs Silver and vice-versa, so there would still be disgruntled folks. As long as the brackets have an "even" distribution of teams based on relative strength (and I'm not saying they do - I haven't studied them like some of y'all), then I see no problem with format.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandalorian 06/02/15, 04:42 pm

KnKs- You know the only way it will ever be split correctly, is if it benefits the respective parents DD.
Mandalorian
Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 06/02/15, 04:43 pm

soccerisfun wrote:

You obviously don't know me otherwise you wouldn't be making that inference about me/team. I hadn't studied the brackets like perhaps you have, so didn't really know the breakdown to that degree, but I/we wouldn't have a problem with switching places with any other team. Our team has not/will not ever duck competition. We have played everybody. Now if you skerd, I understand. Or if your motivation is just to get to quarters and get that extra game in, I understand trying to get more bang for your buck.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 06/02/15, 04:58 pm

Full Kit Wankers Beware wrote:

Just an observation but it looks like TSN will take a loss, get an easy win and another win that is not quite as easy but advance none the less, so why wouldn't you mind the format...except for the loss you will take in the quarters vs Liverpool Premier.

Some of the lower seeded teams may want to advance as well, albeit in a weaker more balanced division.

If that's they way it shakes out, so be it, but we're not gonna run and hide. Now, isn't that the way it should play out though if you're a "middle of the pack" team if brackets are evenly distributed?

I recall back after QT there was fuss about D3 teams being good enough for D1. Here's a chance to make their case and I believe a couple of them probably will, possibly at our expense, but that's why you play the games, right? But, as I said in previous post, if they moved us to another bracket to "even" things out I have no problem with that.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 06/02/15, 06:42 pm

KnKsDad wrote:

You are kidding, right?

How were the brackets populated?  Clearly not randomly.  Teams were ranked and assigned to brackets.  Presumably, the same system could be used to split divisions.

Damn. The point I was trying to make is what you are referencing. If there was a Gold/Silver type split there would still be teams that some would feel should be Gold vs Silver and vice-versa, so there would still be disgruntled folks. As long as the brackets have an "even" distribution of teams based on relative strength (and I'm not saying they do - I haven't studied them like some of y'all), then I see no problem with format.

Isn't that the issue with every tournament?

But then you had to throw in your "run and hide" and "ducking competition" and "skerd" (not really sure that is even a word).  Just sounds a bit arrogant to me.

Maybe, just maybe, some DIII teams were looking at how the tournament was sold.  Multiple divisions if there are sufficient teams - which there are.  And so maybe, based upon the competition, they had not expected to be playing 3 D1 teams.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 06/02/15, 09:16 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:

You obviously don't know me otherwise you wouldn't be making that inference about me/team. I hadn't studied the brackets like perhaps you have, so didn't really know the breakdown to that degree, but I/we wouldn't have a problem with switching places with any other team. Our team has not/will not ever duck competition. We have played everybody. Now if you skerd, I understand. Or if your motivation is just to get to quarters and get that extra game in, I understand trying to get more bang for your buck.

I find it really hard to believe that someone with 641 posts in a soccer forum does not know the breakdown of the teams that are playing in a tournament.
You about broke my BS meter.
Laughing

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 06/02/15, 10:07 pm

05's tie D'Feeters?

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Koba 06/02/15, 11:02 pm

PurplePonyPower wrote:05's tie D'Feeters?

Shocking
Koba
Koba
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ILuvMeSomeSoccer 07/02/15, 10:32 am

Shocking indeed
ILuvMeSomeSoccer
ILuvMeSomeSoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsoccer1 09/02/15, 10:04 am

I hope this Spring RoundUp isn't as bad and person updating the website.
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsoccer1 09/02/15, 11:16 am

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=42913&Gender=Girls&Age=11
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 09/02/15, 02:25 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:

You are kidding, right?

Isn't that the issue with every tournament?

But then you had to throw in your "run and hide" and "ducking competition" and "skerd" (not really sure that is even a word).  Just sounds a bit arrogant to me.

Maybe, just maybe, some DIII teams were looking at how the tournament was sold.  Multiple divisions if there are sufficient teams - which there are.  And so maybe, based upon the competition, they had not expected to be playing 3 D1 teams.

Yes, that is the issue with every tournament. That is my point. Remember you came at me with your "you are kidding, right?" comment which came across as a bit condescending to me. Nevertheless, I was being very specific in my responses and did not use those phrases/word in my response to you. It was directed toward the poster who implied that the reason I didn't have a problem with the current set up was because our team was in an "easier" bracket.

If someone has a problem with how the tournament was "sold" I have nothing to say on that since I have no knowledge of how that was done, but could certainly understand the frustration if one thing was told and something else is being done. However I did read on here in an earlier post that D3 teams had requested to play up, but whatever...

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 09/02/15, 02:34 pm

Coach wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:

I find it really hard to believe that someone with 641 posts in a soccer forum does not know the breakdown of the teams that are playing in a tournament.
Laughing

What do you mean Coach or are you just spoofing me? All I was saying is that I haven't studied every single bracket, comparing the relative strengths of each by looking at every single team and their LH standing, GotSoccer ranking, etc., etc., etc... Get it?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianWilliams 09/02/15, 03:23 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
Coach wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:

Laughing

What do you mean Coach or are you just spoofing me? All I was saying is that I haven't studied every single bracket, comparing the relative strengths of each by looking at every single team and their LH standing, GotSoccer ranking, etc., etc., etc... Get it?

Said Brian Williams
BrianWilliams
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2