North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Who will win Flamefest? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Who will win Flamefest?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who will win Flamefest? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by SuperCoach 19/06/15, 08:15 pm

db10 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:What are D' Feeters Black doing in this tournament? Trying to beef up their GotSoccer points.
Must of felt like playing and have you looked at Kyle Owen? I think the bigger question is how did the coach from the #151 team in Cali convince their parents to fly to Dallas to play in that tournament. Did they simply yearn for hot and humid weather?

Kyle Owen has 2 d-1 teams in it. Trophy hunter.

SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 19/06/15, 08:21 pm

VultureVic wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
VultureVic wrote:
SD69 wrote:Bracket A looks the toughest. Feet, FC Premier, or FCD Central could all make a strong run at getting out of bracket.

Bracket B has the #6 and #11 team in ntx in it.  Could be a tight race.
huh? 'B' has 3 PPL teams in it other than D'Feet. 'A' may be close depending how motivated D'Feet White are and the number of changes within all the teams. This is the bracket with probably the most roster changes from last year, how they gel this early in the season will probably lead to the winner of the bracket. 'C' is pointing to Sting West and unless they lost players they should have no problem advancing.

I think it looks like this in the playoffs...

D'Feet White
D'Feet Black
Sting West
Sting Harr (Wildcard)

D'Feet Black over Sting West 4-0 (I think West sticks around in the game for a while though)
D'Feet White over Sting Harr 3-1

D'Feet Black over White 3-0

I'm going off got soccer rankings...what are you basing your crazy a$$ picks off of. B looks to be the strongest bracket. #6 vs #11 should be a good show.

Bless your heart If you think FCD White who finished 4th in PPL will give a D1 team who finished the season 15-3-1 a "good show" ...but hey you keep sticking with those rankings. Heck maybe D'Feet are missing 3/4 of their team you never know.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Looking04 19/06/15, 08:30 pm

Bracket A = #9, #12, and #16!

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperCoach 19/06/15, 08:44 pm

pale
ElClassico wrote:
VultureVic wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
VultureVic wrote:
SD69 wrote:Bracket A looks the toughest. Feet, FC Premier, or FCD Central could all make a strong run at getting out of bracket.

Bracket B has the #6 and #11 team in ntx in it.  Could be a tight race.
huh? 'B' has 3 PPL teams in it other than D'Feet. 'A' may be close depending how motivated D'Feet White are and the number of changes within all the teams. This is the bracket with probably the most roster changes from last year, how they gel this early in the season will probably lead to the winner of the bracket. 'C' is pointing to Sting West and unless they lost players they should have no problem advancing.

I think it looks like this in the playoffs...

D'Feet White
D'Feet Black
Sting West
Sting Harr (Wildcard)

D'Feet Black over Sting West 4-0 (I think West sticks around in the game for a while though)
D'Feet White over Sting Harr 3-1

D'Feet Black over White 3-0

I'm going off got soccer rankings...what are you basing your crazy a$$ picks off of. B looks to be the strongest bracket. #6 vs #11 should be a good show.

Bless your heart If you think FCD White who finished 4th in PPL will give a D1 team who finished the season 15-3-1 a "good show" ...but hey you keep sticking with those rankings. Heck maybe D'Feet are missing 3/4 of their team you never know.

All I know is you have #6 playing #11 tomorrow. Both teams better come ready to play. Feet black could have played lower ranked teams in Kyle Owen but chose tougher competition.
SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 19/06/15, 08:53 pm

I understand the sarcasm and humor, maybe that's why sting chacon decided to play up in Kyle Owen.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 19/06/15, 10:39 pm

Sweet_feet99 wrote:I understand the sarcasm and humor, maybe that's why sting chacon decided to play up in Kyle Owen.
I'd say logistics had more to do with the decision than anything else.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperCoach 19/06/15, 10:42 pm

db10 wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:I understand the sarcasm and humor, maybe that's why sting chacon decided to play up in Kyle Owen.
I'd say logistics had more to do with the decision than anything else.

Collin county is a big place. Lol.
SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Brman 20/06/15, 12:52 am

Speaking of chacon. Heard he picked up a stud from sting cuevas.

Brman
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 20/06/15, 06:52 am

Brman wrote:Speaking of chacon. Heard he picked up a stud from sting cuevas.

You have to love these first time post! Mom or Pop trying to hype their kid up.

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/06/15, 08:07 am

He's going to need more than one. I heard he lost up to six players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 20/06/15, 08:14 am

Cleansheets wrote:
He's going to need more than one. I heard he lost up to six players.

cheers
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by haymaker 20/06/15, 08:25 am

Don't know about first time post on chacon player thats my dd. sting pool training. Hilton takes over Gutierrez. Gutierrez takes over Hilton. Cuevas no originals now = hp

haymaker
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 20/06/15, 11:34 am

Just for sanity sake - why are the big clubs already doing the "pool" practices?  Isn't that an ECNL thing?  Are they trying to leverage their teams for this new ECNL Jr. thing?  Why do it?  Why piss parents and coaches off by taking one team and handing it to another coach?  Why the merry-go-round?  Do they think they are preparing these kids for ECNL when it matters?  ECNL Jr. is just an offshoot or money grab from LH so what's the big deal?  They'll just reshuffle when it's time for the big show - i.e. ECNL Sr.  A truly relevant and logical explanation would be great cause I've seen this with the likes of Dallas Texans, FC Dallas and Sting.  I'm sure if Solar had the teams they would be doing it too as well as D'Feeters - they just don't have a pool of 04 teams to choose from.
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 20/06/15, 01:16 pm

HeadHaunter wrote:Just for sanity sake - why are the big clubs already doing the "pool" practices?  Isn't that an ECNL thing?  Are they trying to leverage their teams for this new ECNL Jr. thing?  Why do it?  Why piss parents and coaches off by taking one team and handing it to another coach?  Why the merry-go-round?  Do they think they are preparing these kids for ECNL when it matters?  ECNL Jr. is just an offshoot or money grab from LH so what's the big deal?  They'll just reshuffle when it's time for the big show - i.e. ECNL Sr.  A truly relevant and logical explanation would be great cause I've seen this with the likes of Dallas Texans, FC Dallas and Sting.  I'm sure if Solar had the teams they would be doing it too as well as D'Feeters - they just don't have a pool of 04 teams to choose from.

Money mostly. But maybe there's a girl on a ""lower team" last year that has improved greatly, does she not deserve a shot at the A team? Or at least that is what the theory should be. More likely is it give the coaches of the top teams a chance to grab the talent without having to worry about pesky things like development.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 20/06/15, 02:04 pm

I don't know the whys behind it for any specific club around here, however pool-training vs. team-centric training is a standard at the developmental ages in all the top academies in the world.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 20/06/15, 03:21 pm

db10 wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:Just for sanity sake - why are the big clubs already doing the "pool" practices?  Isn't that an ECNL thing?  Are they trying to leverage their teams for this new ECNL Jr. thing?  Why do it?  Why piss parents and coaches off by taking one team and handing it to another coach?  Why the merry-go-round?  Do they think they are preparing these kids for ECNL when it matters?  ECNL Jr. is just an offshoot or money grab from LH so what's the big deal?  They'll just reshuffle when it's time for the big show - i.e. ECNL Sr.  A truly relevant and logical explanation would be great cause I've seen this with the likes of Dallas Texans, FC Dallas and Sting.  I'm sure if Solar had the teams they would be doing it too as well as D'Feeters - they just don't have a pool of 04 teams to choose from.

Money mostly. But maybe there's a girl on a ""lower team" last year that has improved greatly, does she not deserve a shot at the A team? Or at least that is what the theory should be. More likely is it give the coaches of the top teams a chance to grab the talent without having to worry about pesky things like development.

Do you think the ability for all girls within a age group to be able to train with the top coaches and players is not development? Yes, academy pool training is where all the big clubs are moving towards to develope their players. Within our club 01, 00, and 99 are often working together with 2-3 coaches running the session once a week. The other practice is done with your individual team mates and coach.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperCoach 20/06/15, 07:30 pm

Good thing feet didn't play Kyle Owen.
SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 20/06/15, 10:48 pm

Zizou wrote:
db10 wrote:

Do you think the ability for all girls within a age group to be able to train with the top coaches and players is not development? Yes, academy pool training is where all the big clubs are moving towards to develope their players. Within our club 01, 00, and 99 are often working together with 2-3 coaches running the session once a week. The other practice is done with your individual team mates and coach.
Those age groups ARE ECNL tho correct?  Why do that BEFORE ECNL?  If a player has improved that much, wouldn't the coach say something and maybe the parent look to move up and do the shopping?  Pool practices and the coaching rotisserie at U11-U13 seems a bit of a BS move to me but that's why I'm asking...
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 21/06/15, 03:59 am

Why would a coach do that if they were trying to make their team a top team?
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/06/15, 07:34 am

HeadHaunter wrote:
Zizou wrote:
db10 wrote:

Those age groups ARE ECNL tho correct?  Why do that BEFORE ECNL?  If a player has improved that much, wouldn't the coach say something and maybe the parent look to move up and do the shopping?  Pool practices and the coaching rotisserie at U11-U13 seems a bit of a BS move to me but that's why I'm asking...

How can you say BS! My DD enjoys interacting with other coaches and players within the club. Pool training sessions are sharp, intense, and most of all developing. Plus I have stated this before, eventually ECNL will begin as early as U-11 with pool training and league play. Who cares about whether it's ECNL, LHGCL, PPL, it's working with players to develop. Plus those are just leagues where your player is in league or what coach to team they play for should not stop them from working with the best a club has to offer.

Last edited by Zizou on 21/06/15, 07:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/06/15, 07:39 am

SD69 wrote:Why would a coach do that if they were trying to make their team a top team?

Why would he not, a developed pool of players to choose from 40+ .

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 21/06/15, 08:32 am

cheers
My dd loves working with the various coaches in the pool play practice settings. I would prefer that she have that opportunity to work with better players who will push her and make her work for her spot. Nothing wrong with increased competition. There are some dd's in PPL leagues that could easily play in D1 and even in ECNL but for various reasons, they are where they are. Some of the reasons that I am aware of is that some parents don't even know what ECNL is. With pooled practices, those dds  are given a chance to stand out. Plus, they get to see where they line up with the other dd's. I'm in total favor of a baseball type setting with majors, minors, juniors, etc... and players can move up and down at will based on performance. Why not? If I'm paying 3000/year then I want the best opportunity for my dd. JMO
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/06/15, 10:57 am

Coaches that develope these top teams rely on 3-4 stud players or possibly even one player in the U-11-U13 age groups. Academy pool training has the influence to develope 15-20 or more solid players. People ask why NTX seems to be under represented at the next level, well these academy's are training and developing more than just the 3-4 players it takes to be nationally ranked at U-11

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 21/06/15, 11:18 am

Back on topic. remaining games cancelled.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/06/15, 11:32 am

That sucks!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperCoach 21/06/15, 12:49 pm

Zizou wrote:That sucks!

Pure laziness. Games could play right now.
SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next