North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 LHQT bracket analysis - Page 10 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

05 LHQT bracket analysis

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

05 LHQT bracket analysis - Page 10 Empty Re: 05 LHQT bracket analysis

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 30/07/15, 08:47 am

Ran across this today, thought it might help a few of us (including me).

Sports parenting
1 word: Hi. Greet your child when they get in the car with “Hi” before you ask about practice, the score of the game or homework.
2 words: Have fun. In all likelihood you’ve heard this statistic: 70% of kids quit sports before they turn 13 for the primary reason that they are not having fun. Encourage and remind your kids to have fun.
3 words: Tell me more. Before forming an opinion or dispensing advice, ask for more information from your child. This will Dribble them to tell more of the story and give you more information as to what is actually happening.
4 words: Good job. Keep working. Doc Rivers, head coach of the Los Angeles Clippers and parent of a NBA player suggests these four words. Rivers notes that as parents we are often tempted to say more and analyze their kids performance, but saying only this might be what’s best for the kid who simply needs support.
5 words: What’s new in your world? Ask your kids general questions that are not about gymnastics. Even if the reply is “nothing” it gives you the opportunity to share something about your day.
6 words: I love to watch you play. Best six words ever.
7 words: So what do you think about that? You know your opinion, so before you jump to tell your child what it is, ask what his/her opinion is. You are not only learning more about what your child thinks but are also helping develop critical thinking skills.
8 words: Is there something I can do to help? Before you give a solution or an action plan, ask if that is what the child really wants. Sometimes all the child wants to do is blow off some steam, and we jump directly to “solving” the problem.
9 words: You are more important to me than your achievements. You may be thinking that of course this is true. But remind your child of it. In the absence of hearing this from you, your children might think that one of the reasons you love them is because of what they do, not because of who they are.
10 words: No matter what, I’m glad that I am yourparent. To be loved wholly and completely for exactly who we are, flaws and all, is the greatest gift one person can give another. Please give that gift to your child.

FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerMum05 30/07/15, 10:51 am

FriscoSoccer05 wrote:Ran across this today, thought it might help a few of us (including me).

Sports parenting
1 word: Hi.  Greet your child when they get in the car with “Hi” before you ask about practice, the score of the game or homework.  
2 words: Have fun.  In all likelihood you’ve heard this statistic: 70% of kids quit sports before they turn 13 for the primary reason that they are not having fun.    Encourage and remind your kids to have fun.
3 words: Tell me more.  Before forming an opinion or dispensing advice, ask for more information from your child.  This will Dribble them to tell more of the story and give you more information as to what is actually happening.  
4 words: Good job. Keep working.  Doc Rivers, head coach of the Los Angeles Clippers and parent of a NBA player suggests these four words.  Rivers notes that as parents we are often tempted to say more and analyze their kids performance, but saying only this might be what’s best for the kid who simply needs support.
5 words: What’s new in your world?  Ask your kids general questions that are not about gymnastics.  Even if the reply is “nothing” it gives you the opportunity to share something about your day.  
6 words: I love to watch you play.  Best six words ever.  
7 words: So what do you think about that?  You know  your opinion, so before you jump to tell your child what it is, ask what his/her opinion is.  You are not only learning more about what your child thinks but are also helping develop critical thinking skills.  
8 words: Is there something I can do to help?  Before you give a solution or an action plan, ask if that is what the child really wants.  Sometimes all the child wants to do is blow off some steam, and we jump directly to “solving” the problem.  
9 words: You are more important to me than your achievements.  You may be thinking that of course this is true.   But remind your child of it.  In the absence of hearing this from you, your children might think that one of the reasons you love them is because of what they do, not because of who they are.  
10 words: No matter what, I’m glad that I am yourparent.  To be loved wholly and completely for exactly who we are, flaws and all, is the greatest gift one person can give another.  Please give that gift to your child.  
cheers cheers

SoccerMum05
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/07/15, 11:40 am

FriscoSoccer05 wrote:Ran across this today, thought it might help a few of us (including me).

Sports parenting
1 word: Hi.  Greet your child when they get in the car with “Hi” before you ask about practice, the score of the game or homework.  
2 words: Have fun.  In all likelihood you’ve heard this statistic: 70% of kids quit sports before they turn 13 for the primary reason that they are not having fun.    Encourage and remind your kids to have fun.
3 words: Tell me more.  Before forming an opinion or dispensing advice, ask for more information from your child.  This will Dribble them to tell more of the story and give you more information as to what is actually happening.  
4 words: Good job. Keep working.  Doc Rivers, head coach of the Los Angeles Clippers and parent of a NBA player suggests these four words.  Rivers notes that as parents we are often tempted to say more and analyze their kids performance, but saying only this might be what’s best for the kid who simply needs support.
5 words: What’s new in your world?  Ask your kids general questions that are not about gymnastics.  Even if the reply is “nothing” it gives you the opportunity to share something about your day.  
7 words: So what do you think about that?  You know  your opinion, so before you jump to tell your child what it is, ask what his/her opinion is.  You are not only learning more about what your child thinks but are also helping develop critical thinking skills.  
8 words: Is there something I can do to help?  Before you give a solution or an action plan, ask if that is what the child really wants.  Sometimes all the child wants to do is blow off some steam, and we jump directly to “solving” the problem.  
9 words: You are more important to me than your achievements.  You may be thinking that of course this is true.   But remind your child of it.  In the absence of hearing this from you, your children might think that one of the reasons you love them is because of what they do, not because of who they are.  
10 words: No matter what, I’m glad that I am yourparent.  To be loved wholly and completely for exactly who we are, flaws and all, is the greatest gift one person can give another.  Please give that gift to your child.  

...so after I say all of that to my kid, it's then o.k. to scream at her and tell her that I'm not paying $3k a year to have her go out and play like she's got her head shoved up her butt all the way to her collarbone, correct??? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by PK_M.I.A. 30/07/15, 11:53 am

bwgophers wrote:

Sports parenting

...so after I say all of that to my kid, it's then o.k. to scream at her and tell her that I'm not paying $3k a year to have her go out and play like she's got her head shoved up her butt all the way to her collarbone, correct??? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Correct
PK_M.I.A.
PK_M.I.A.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/07/15, 12:16 pm

Ohhhhh.....I just start with that first thing in the morning.....sets the proper tone for the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/07/15, 02:01 pm

OLJW wrote:Ohhhhh.....I just start with that first thing in the morning.....sets the proper tone for the day.

Ahhh yes... The "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" approach... harsh, yet effective... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 30/07/15, 10:01 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Anarchy wrote:Bracket A:
D1 – Liverpool Elite (bear was poked)
D3 – Sting Central Sanchez
Elite won't screw this one up.
No brainer
Agree, lightning has struck

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Anarchy wrote:Bracket B:
D1 – Rush
D3 – NT Green
Rush pretty easily
Yessir, easy money
Expect Rush to walk thru this bracket without issue

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Anarchy wrote:Bracket C:  (this one was hard to pick.  There are 3 teams that could be in D1 or D3 IMHO…this bracket is a gift to someone)
D1 – Texans
D3 – LFCA Shankly
I don't know about a gift, I don't see any of these teams doing well in D1. The gift would be D3!!
LP Shankly and Andro West is a toss up for D3.  
Texans with ease

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Anarchy wrote:Bracket D:
D1 – Fever (if Jekyll shows up and not Hyde)
D3 – Divas (Andro Red COULD be here too)
Fever shouldn't have an issue locking this one down
Inconsistent Fever is easily the favorite but Andro Red will fight for D3.
Agree again

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Anarchy wrote:Bracket E:
D1 – FWFC (who did they bribe for this draw?)
D3 – Sting Bean (D3 with a gift of a draw)
They should have made first round, so this just guarantees their spot now
Everyone wanted to give FWFC their D1 spot last week but sorry they actually have to earn it.  Sting Bean just might give them a scare but they will get in this weekend.
Fw moves on...

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Anarchy wrote:Bracket F:
D1 – Andromeda Rundell
D3 – FCD Ring
Andro, but they will struggle in league play
FCD Ring doesn't have the firepower to beat Andro but if Andro keeps playing boot ball it will be close.
Expect this to be a close one.

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Anarchy wrote:Bracket G:
D1 – Sting Parsons
D3 – DTS Lott (they could fool around and be D1…)
Parsons has always played the top, but not sure they really belong. Wouldn't be surprised if Lott makes D1, but it would not be a pretty season
This will be a battle between these two but Parsons should take it.  
Look out for the upset here...

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Anarchy wrote:Bracket H:
D1 – NT Black (that’s right, black is D1 and Green is D3)
D3 – Sting West
If there is an upset I would say this looks to be the bracket
A battle between these two also.  I predict they tie 0-0 and it comes down to tiebreakers on the other games.

sting West over NTFC and the D1 ticket stamped.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 31/07/15, 05:20 pm

It's the eve of the girls turning U11 and it is a little too silent to night.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 31/07/15, 07:05 pm

FriscoSoccer05 wrote:It's the eve of the girls turning U11 and it is a little too silent to night.

Big games tomorrow. There's probably some nervous parents out there tonight. The DDs are fine but the parents are going to get very little sleep.

Good luck to all the teams playing.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 31/07/15, 07:30 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:It's the eve of the girls turning U11 and it is a little too silent to night.

Big games tomorrow. There's probably some nervous parents out there tonight. The DDs are fine but the parents are going to get very little sleep.

They should have a few cocktails and relax. It's only soccer....and remember if they don't make lh they are still paying the same price for ppl. Razz
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 31/07/15, 07:32 pm

soccerjack wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:

They should have a few cocktails and relax. It's only soccer....and remember if they don't make lh they are still paying the same price for ppl. Razz  

That was a joke btw....they are only 11.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by gohuskers 31/07/15, 08:31 pm

Bracket H:
D3 – Sting West
This one should be good...toss a coin for which one is D1 vs D3.[/quote]

I think NTFC black will have a very tough time in D1 if this happens.  They scored 1 goal last weekend against Sting Shephard, and from what I saw, not many connected passes. They looked more like a 25+ ranked team to me.

gohuskers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 31/07/15, 09:09 pm

gohuskers wrote:
Bracket H:
D3 – Sting West
This one should be good...toss a coin for which one is D1 vs D3.

I think NTFC black will have a very tough time in D1 if this happens.  They scored 1 goal last weekend against Sting Shephard, and from what I saw, not many connected passes. They looked more like a 25+ ranked team to me.

I watched Sting play and they have a good defensive core and they did a good job of connecting passes.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 01/08/15, 08:41 am

Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend!
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dec2020 01/08/15, 09:03 am

Let the games begin. Best of luck to everyone's DDs.

Dec2020
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

05 LHQT bracket analysis - Page 10 Empty 05 QT Weekend 2

Post by backofthenet 01/08/15, 09:27 am

I really don't want to go 10-11 pages deep to see updates. Start them here!

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 01/08/15, 09:32 am

No surprises yet.

Sting Parsons beat Kicks 2-0
DT South Lott beat FCD Blue Tenbrink 2-0
It could be all about the tiebreaker in this group.

Sting West West beat LP Fowler 1-0
NTFC Black beat Athletic Dallas 2-0
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 01/08/15, 09:37 am

DT South Lott 2-0 FCD Blue Tenbrink 2-0
Sting Central Parsons 2-0 Kicks

Sting West West 1-0 LP Fowler
NTFC Black 2-0 Athletic Dallas

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 01/08/15, 09:54 am

Or see results here. http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=47634&GroupID=468426&Gender=Girls&Age=10
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ev23 01/08/15, 01:05 pm

I hate refs. That is all.
Ev23
Ev23
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 01/08/15, 01:53 pm

Where's the fun in just looking at the link...?
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 01/08/15, 02:37 pm

Ev23 wrote:I hate refs. That is all.

Hey Ev23. It looks like you DD took your phone.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 01/08/15, 02:55 pm

LP Elite 7 - 0 Celtic
Sting Sanchez 3 - 2 Arsenal  

Dallas Rush 5 - 0 Andro West Blue
NTFC Green 2 - 1 FC Dallas East

DT Stark 3 - 0 FC Dallas North Red
LP Shankly 0 - 1 Andro West Duren

Fever United 1 - 0 Warriors FC
FC Divas 0 - 1 Andro Red

FWFC 6 - 0 Dallas Texans
Sting West Bean 2 - 1 Sao Paolo FC

Andro Rundell 2 - 0 Sting Shephard

Last edited by TatonkaBurger on 01/08/15, 03:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 0509girlssoocer 01/08/15, 03:02 pm

andromeda red beat Divas

0509girlssoocer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ev23 01/08/15, 04:02 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Ev23 wrote:I hate refs. That is all.

Hey Ev23. It looks like you DD took your phone.
Evil or Very Mad lol!
Ev23
Ev23
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 01/08/15, 04:32 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:Where's the fun in just looking at the link...?

Agree. And the 05s made their 1st top 10 thread. Imagine that on the day they turned U11 no less. santa
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next