North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

06 Girls Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015  - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

06 Girls Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

06 Girls Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015  - Page 3 Empty Re: 06 Girls Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015

Post by bassinyaface 21/08/15, 11:19 am

FUTBALLLOVE -that pic makes my stomach turn. Can't stop staring though

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

06 Girls Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015  - Page 3 Empty Re: 06 Girls Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015

Post by jacobgloversoccer 21/08/15, 11:25 am

Stingate 2015. Who would want to impersonate you?

jacobgloversoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 21/08/15, 11:26 am

soocerdreamzhp wrote:Sorry UWONT, but if you were around long enough in Academy, you would know LP is at the bottom rung of the soccer ladder.  Not your fault.  Take a look at Kicks, best players, passionate fans and families, and consistently outperform competitors.

Funny coming from someone with 6 posts.. IF you were around long enough you would have known LP "did" some of the top academy teams around.. Why they left, thats another whole story Cool
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 21/08/15, 11:42 am

I would say losing majority of quality coaches and players would qualify LP as being at bottom of rung. Look at Kicks and Solar. Only growing!!!!

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/15, 11:43 am

Uwon't wrote:Wish more would share honestly on here. Lots to learn for new parents coming from rec like my daughter. Was hard to find a fit at this age since most teams seemed established. Guess that is changing though! Luckily for my daughter I did play college ball and  a stint professionally in Denmark.

You're getting a relatively late start. You may want to consider a skills coach and futsal training over relying on a club.

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 21/08/15, 11:44 am

My apologies for not living on this website. 626 posts SMH

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uwon't 21/08/15, 11:46 am

Pretty sure you guys are being sarcastic... I apologize if I came off a little braggy and will put that topic to bed. I don't see why LP is so bad they have the new RASE program, no teams yet as they will be selecting the girls from the camp. They are putting together a great facility and I've been told by some parents they are in line to possibly get a ecnl membership.

Uwon't
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/15, 11:49 am

RASE Is not new, it's been around for years...

Kicks would get a ECNL bid before Liverpool. Write that down.

Brody has cash, may have a facility once its actually built... keep selling those flowers bud...

But they have no track record on either side boys or girls.. and ecnl is not going to 6 clubs.. if anything it will contract to under 5...

What's that kool-aid taste like at LP?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/15, 11:50 am

Uwon't wrote:Pretty sure you guys are being sarcastic... I apologize if I came off a little braggy and will put that topic to bed. I don't see why LP is so bad they have the new RASE program, no teams yet as they will be selecting the girls from the camp. They are putting together a great facility and I've been told by some parents they are in line to possibly get a ecnl membership.

Dude! I strongly recommend that you not fall in love with LP or any other club. Don't even engage in these conversations. Defend the coach, if you are sold that he/she is a developer, but refrain from putting the LP sticker on your mini-van and wearing a full LP kit on gameday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 21/08/15, 12:14 pm

soocerdreamzhp wrote:My apologies for not living on this website.  626 posts SMH

Apologize excepted.. Get your weight up!!
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uwon't 21/08/15, 12:21 pm

Thanks sho nuff, your statement about not falling in love with LP or any club sounds to be the most honest thing I have been told to date. Also thanks for the reco, my daughter is probably a little behind but she has been doing trAck for a couple seasons, was a state qualifier and fared pretty well in the last local PP&K competition.

Uwon't
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 21/08/15, 12:40 pm

Uwon't wrote:Thanks sho nuff, your statement about not falling in love with LP or any club sounds to be the most honest thing I have been told to date. Also thanks for the reco, my daughter is probably a little behind but she has been doing trAck for a couple seasons, was a state qualifier and fared pretty well in the last local PP&K competition.

I don't often agree with Shonuff's opinion but on this subject, he is on the money.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/15, 12:50 pm

Uwon't wrote:Thanks sho nuff, your statement about not falling in love with LP or any club sounds to be the most honest thing I have been told to date. Also thanks for the reco, my daughter is probably a little behind but she has been doing trAck for a couple seasons, was a state qualifier and fared pretty well in the last local PP&K competition.

I had a feeling she inherited the 'athlete' gene, that's why I'm responding to you. My DD went through this, the fast kid late arrival. Being fast can actually make skill-development more difficult. The player doesn't have to be clever if they can just blow by people. Coaches will place her at forward or defender and use her speed to make the team more competitive. Nothing wrong with those positions! It's just all the more reason to focus on skills and small-sided.

I think PMs are weird, but I'm going to send you one to talk track.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 21/08/15, 01:03 pm

Uwon't - I was actually being very sincere about the RASE program. For this being the last year of Academy for 06's(maybe), it's a little late in the the game for LP to be starting a RASE program for this age group. But if they do, then kudos.
Shonuff is correct. Find a Coach that your daughter likes and can connect with that will develop her the right way and teach her the proper way to play soccer. Don't get caught up in club names. Most times, these coaches will switch clubs anyway. No club is any better/different than the next. It's all about the coach.
soocerdreamzhp - the ntx soccer community begged for this profile pic. The previous one was retired to the NTX HOF. Razz
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 21/08/15, 01:07 pm

ShoNuff -I think PMs are hot and can lead to steamy conversation

Also, my DD is quite the athlete. Not on a track club but can run 2 miles without stopping. Pretty impressive at this age. Anyone tried swimming?

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/15, 01:36 pm

soocerdreamzhp wrote:ShoNuff -I think PMs are hot and can lead to steamy conversation

I love you

Back to top Go down

06 Girls Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015  - Page 3 Empty Sideline Conduct

Post by guest54321 26/08/15, 09:04 pm

There are so many talented girls' team out there. There are very good coaches who are very dedicated and passionate in coaching these young ladies into great players. With all the age pure talk going around and parents are trying to find a team for their daughter, do your research. If you really do not care how your daughter gets treated so long as they are on a great team, that is certainly your prerogative. Check out sideline conduct on the coaches' side as well as the parents' side--see if you want your daughter on one of those teams without naming them I am sure you know which teams I am talking about. They are all about the win--they don't care if they win with class or not. And poor kids, they are getting instructions from their parents on how to treat people. If you do enough research, you will find teams that are top teams with very classy coaches and classy players--still learning, developing and winning while having fun. The teams with rowdy and unruly parents, usually cannot recruit in the long run.

guest54321
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer 27/08/15, 04:48 pm

GREAT post! Amen!!
guest54321 wrote:There are so many talented girls' team out there.  There are very good coaches who are very dedicated and passionate in coaching these young ladies into great players.  With all the age pure talk going around and parents are trying to find a team for their daughter, do your research.   If you really do not care how your daughter gets treated so long as they are on a great team, that is certainly your prerogative.  Check out sideline conduct on the coaches' side as well as the parents' side--see if you want your daughter on one of those teams without naming them I am sure you know which teams I am talking about.    They are all about the win--they don't care if they win with class or not.  And poor kids, they are getting instructions from their parents on how to treat people.  If you do enough research, you will find teams that are top teams with very classy coaches and classy players--still learning, developing and winning while having fun.   The teams with rowdy and unruly parents, usually cannot recruit in the long run.  
NorthDallasSoccer
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Let’sJustAllGoRec 27/08/15, 10:28 pm

Well said!! Very Happy

Let’sJustAllGoRec
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uwon't 28/08/15, 09:58 am

guest54321 wrote:There are so many talented girls' team out there.  There are very good coaches who are very dedicated and passionate in coaching these young ladies into great players.  With all the age pure talk going around and parents are trying to find a team for their daughter, do your research.   If you really do not care how your daughter gets treated so long as they are on a great team, that is certainly your prerogative.  Check out sideline conduct on the coaches' side as well as the parents' side--see if you want your daughter on one of those teams without naming them I am sure you know which teams I am talking about.    They are all about the win--they don't care if they win with class or not.  And poor kids, they are getting instructions from their parents on how to treat people.  If you do enough research, you will find teams that are top teams with very classy coaches and classy players--still learning, developing and winning while having fun.   The teams with rowdy and unruly parents, usually cannot recruit in the long run.  

Your post is great, but finding this utopia seems like an impossible task.  What does a coach with good sideline etiquette look like? Do the good coaches just sit on the bench and let the girls play or is it something in between. What's to much instruction/yelling?i have always been of the opinion if an individual needs coaching during a game, they should be pulled and coached on the sideline. You have their complete attention then. And then the parents, I've seen good friends and good people just lose it once in a while and this was in rec. Put 24 parents and a few gparents together and your bound to have some unruly sidelines, even for the non unruly sidelines!. In my opinion, parent coaching on the sidelines is just disrespectful especially when it is completely opposite of what they are assigned to do. But we have all had our moments. And then winning with class, again, what does this look like? Whistle blows, parents give a small golf clap, fold up their chairs and mosey on down to the parking lot? Does loud cheers at the whistle signify low class, maybe some arms thrown in the air signifying a touchdown hurt the winning teams feelings? Is a 17-0 score low class, even when the girl that played 10 mins gets her shot at a goal? Girls shake hands at the end of the game, you want a better soccer environment, parents should do the same.

Uwon't
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/15, 10:23 am

a Wes Welker-type? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by My Money Pit 28/08/15, 03:59 pm

"Girls shake hands at the end of the game, you want a better soccer environment, parents should do the same."

Won't,

I absolutely love the idea. I'm guilty on occasion of getting to into the game and losing objectivity. I think talking with the other parents afterwards is a great way to eliminate perceived animosity. Sadly though, this would get turned negative by the abject few who are unable to separate a child's soccer game from their own well being, and ruined by the abject fewer who are just plain *** clowns anyway. It's still a good idea though.
My Money Pit
My Money Pit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 28/08/15, 07:51 pm

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=45888&Gender=Girls&Age=10

Here is the link to the brackets.

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 28/08/15, 08:34 pm

Juice Box wrote:http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=45888&Gender=Girls&Age=10

Here is the link to the brackets.  

Here is my opinion. Not quoting the winners. Just my opinion.

Bracket 1. Monk. Tough road and bracket. Good luck and I have enjoyed a few conversations with coach Monk. Tough road and I like that he continues to challenge his girls.

Bracket 2. FCD Dallas Venom and Abbott have a fight for last place. Coach Byars knows how to make a W happen. Tough team to play for sure!

Bracket 3. Fever U. I hear that they are improving. Don't want want to say last. Could surprise some people for sure. FW FC Black are fantastic parents, coaching and kids. If they were not out in nowhere they have a awesome setup and they would be fighting off kids. It's is like the movie McFarland USA. I wish that we are not in there bracket. Oh well! Let's Battle!!

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.

Ted

Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper 28/08/15, 09:15 pm

Who is venom? (Other than a super villain )

Piper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 28/08/15, 10:12 pm

ar15 wrote:Who is venom? (Other than a super villain )

It's the Dallas Texas Moreno team. They are fast and pretty fun to watch. My DD will be having a few of the girls on her flag football team. Strong team for sure.

Ted

Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next