North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games

Go down

Who wins this week

Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_lcap14%Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 26 ]
Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_lcap2%Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 4 ]
Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_lcap3%Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 5 ]
Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_lcap14%Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 25 ]
Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_lcap3%Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 5 ]
[ 25 ]
Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_lcap2%Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 4 ]
[ 26 ]
Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_lcap0%Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_lcap17%Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 31 ]
Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_lcap10%Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 19 ]
Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_lcap6%Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 181
Back

Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Empty Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games

Post by InaB 21/09/15, 12:32 pm

So, One day rain, the next day shine and some interesting discussions and outcomes. Take your pick for this week's games.
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Empty Re: Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games

Post by dadof3 22/09/15, 10:58 pm

We will see how it plays out. Poster on the other thread lamented the mismatches. I haven't expected the top of D1 to fall to last year's mid level D2, because the top of D1 dominated the bottom of D1 as well. I know bussey is VERY injured and played us w 13...Aztecs are finding a way to stay in games. SG has been in every game this far (with chances to win each). I think the mismatches this week will be some more blow outs, but there were distinct levels in d1 last year too. Same w D2 if I remember correctly.
The game this week for me is SG/Brown. If SG plays like they can, I think it will be a tight one...haven't seen them in a year and a half, and teams change a lot in that time...especially if they were dealing w significant injuries like brown was then.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games Empty Re: Here Comes the rain again....But Let's Vote on D1 games

Post by dadof3 23/09/15, 10:06 pm

I heard Parker 3:1 SWW
Andro 3:0 bussey
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 24/09/15, 11:14 am

DO your hearing was correct!
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 24/09/15, 04:31 pm

Ok, the weekend looms. The weather looks decent. There is no rain in the forecast. There have been no earthquakes in the UT area. I think it may be safe to say that Sunday is a go!
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 27/09/15, 01:48 pm

Solar Chelsea 3 DTN North 2
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 27/09/15, 10:45 pm

SG 1:4 Sting Brown. Not as lopsided as the score indicates...there was a very unusual situation in this one...I have never seen anything like this in my years.

The ref was a young girl. Brown had scored on a nice corner kick header about a minute in 1-0. They had a break and a 1v1 w GK at about the 10 minute mark. GK touched the ball away and then had a collision with the player. Ref clearly states "play on" and SG defender retrieves ball and passes it upfield. Ref realizes both players are down in the box behind the play and whistles to stop play...so far no biggie. That is exactly protocol. Both players manage to their feet and start to shake off the collision. The AR (who to this point had NOT waived a flag or made ANY sort of signal) and the CR talk while the coaches are addressing their players and basically tells her to show a red and award a PK...neither of which was indicated by the CR who was in a much better position to see the play (and had already made her decision).

The CR shows SG GK red and awards a PK...The weird thing to me isn't that there was a red or a PK...If that is what the CR saw, then that is what it is. I have seen that play numerous times, and if the GK doesn't play the ball, then it is what it is per the laws of the game...but she had played the ball wide and the collision and the play were BOTH in the CRs unobstructed view. The thing that is odd is that the CR made NO motion other than her hands out towards the ball (advantage type indication) and said "play on" clearly so that both teams kept going. She had no inclination to make ANY call until told by the AR what to do...The ref didn't go ask, she had made her decision. Dad talked her into it.

So, SG played with 10 for 70 minutes with a field player in goal. It was 1-0 at half. The second half Brown started finding the extra player and extended as SGs defense started to tire.

The action went end to end for most of the second half, and SG had plenty of chances to score. I have seen the scores and the comments about last year's D2 teams in D1, but this wasn't SG overmatched...IMO it would have been a very tight game like it has been every time we have played Brown if not for the aforementioned incident.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdood 28/09/15, 07:20 am

dadof3 wrote:SG 1:4 Sting Brown.  Not as lopsided as the score indicates...there was a very unusual situation in this one...I have never seen anything like this in my years.

The ref was a young girl. Brown had scored on a nice corner kick header about a minute in 1-0. They had a break and a 1v1 w GK at about the 10 minute mark.  GK touched the ball away and then had a collision with the player. Ref clearly states "play on" and SG defender retrieves ball and passes it upfield. Ref realizes both players are down in the box behind the play and whistles to stop play...so far no biggie. That is exactly protocol. Both players manage to their feet and start to shake off the collision. The AR (who to this point had NOT waived a flag or made ANY sort of signal) and the CR talk while the coaches are addressing their players and basically tells her to show a red and award a PK...neither of which was indicated by the CR who was in a much better position to see the play (and had already made her decision).

The CR shows SG GK red and awards a PK...The weird thing to me isn't that there was a red or a PK...If that is what the CR saw, then that is what it is.  I have seen that play numerous times, and if the GK doesn't play the ball, then it is what it is per the laws of the game...but she had played the ball wide and the collision and the play were BOTH in the CRs unobstructed view. The thing that is odd is that the CR made NO motion other than her hands out towards the ball (advantage type indication) and said "play on" clearly so that both teams kept going.  She had no inclination to make ANY call until told by the AR what to do...The ref didn't go ask, she had made her decision. Dad talked her into it.

So, SG played with 10 for 70 minutes with a field player in goal. It was 1-0 at half.  The second half Brown started finding the extra player and extended as SGs defense started to tire.

The action went end to end for most of the second half, and SG had plenty of chances to score. I have seen the scores and the comments about last year's D2 teams in D1, but this wasn't SG overmatched...IMO it would have been a very tight game like it has been every time we have played Brown if not for the aforementioned incident.

That does seem like an odd sequence of events. An inexperienced ref should not be center at this level. Even the ARs need to be older due to sideline abuse.

Not related to this subject but I'll take this opportunity to once again encourage parents to not get on a ref for calling a tight game (lot of fouls) because they are trying to keep our girls safe. This league needs to be cleaned up.

Soccerdood
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 28/09/15, 02:56 pm

dood-

I agree. Anyone who knows me will vouch that I am one who sits pretty quietly unless there is a dangerous play on the pitch...I try to encourage others in that regard and explain what refs see. I get riled up with repetitive fouls NOT being called. I don't like to stop the flow of play, but better that than the ambulance.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down