North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
INDOOR PRACTICE TONIGHT 5/22 (RENEGADES PEREZ) GCL ELITEYesterday at 03:53 pmNickicharriere
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DIGC  - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205204 messages in 31990 subjects

DIGC

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DIGC  - Page 2 Empty Re: DIGC

Post by Packrabbit 25/03/16, 01:50 pm

maggiemae wrote:
Zizou wrote:Wow, having a team travel all that way to be in a tournament that is above their level. It seems their have been some teams in this tournament from other countries (Nuevo Leon) talking to the parents had no idea what Level of competition they were walking into.

Sorry to bring this up again, but that wasn't the true Solar Elite team.  They pulled down their ECNL superstars yet again so I predict it isn't just the German team which will feel the pain. (Assuming of course that the same Solar team takes the field for all remaining the games)  I would also say the majority of the 00s in this showcase would get a similar result. Regardless, I hope the Germans will be able to hold their own with the rest of the teams in the bracket.  

Honest question...Why would you bring out the ECNL girls for a showcase?  I am sure they already have their spots on college teams and it only takes time away for the girls that are still looking. What am I overlooking?

Like everyone else, probably not all their players are committed; I have no problem with it-- this is not new info for  this DIGC.  Most of the NTX  teams excercise the option to have guest players- for whatever reason- evaluation purposes, scouting etc.  Not worth getting aggravated over... Now the wind- that was aggravating... You release your cocktail for even a second- you lost it.

Whoever Solar brought, I guess they didn't tell the Mustangs, bc they played them tight & held them to 2 goals (0-0 at half?).

Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by amazed 25/03/16, 02:17 pm

Heard Mustangs packed the box

amazed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedFutbol 25/03/16, 06:47 pm

Worse officiating ever! Who ever heard of a drop ball for a penalty?!?

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 25/03/16, 11:04 pm

Imo...the ecnl teams probably figured they would be missing quite a few on certain days. Win the other games and get into the quarters...then see what happens.

One note of color...never saw a soccer game until tonight where the ref didn't call a single foul ALL night. I have heard of swallowing the whistle, but I do not remember a SINGLE call in the SG/Andro game tonight. It was a physical (mostly clean) game where fouls went both ways, but NO fouls?? Even MY little angel might have committed ONE foul. Lol

Correct me if I am wrong. Play was stopped 2-3 times for injuries, but I can't think of a single free kick beyond a couple of offsides.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom0399 25/03/16, 11:32 pm

dadof3
I agree with the lack of whistle tonight. But I have to say it seems to be the norm in this tournament. We ( Andro) got beat up really bad last year by a team from CA again no fouls were called.
soccermom0399
soccermom0399
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 26/03/16, 06:12 am

Sounds like you guys had a real good game (SG vs Andro). The crew we had for our game (DTFW vs Ballerup) yesterday were quite the opposite but good. Lots of whistles but they were needed as the teams were playing very personal but clean. Just hard soccer and refs did a good job of keeping the order. Too bad you did not have them. Sounds like you guys had some of those we see on the HS field.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 26/03/16, 09:45 am

Yeah. In that particular game (SG/Andro) it was fast and physical, and there was a lot that COULD have been called, and though I prefer calls to limit injury, I honestly felt that neither team was playing cheap or trying to hurt each other...It was just a good, fast game overall. Very entertaining. But then NONE of our games had serious dirty play...All were competitive and hard fought. Our second ref (v Blackburn) was by far the best, and our ref v DTN was BY FAR the worst.

Good luck to all the teams today and tomorrow! Happy Easter!
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 26/03/16, 11:44 am

Interesting the way the brackets played out... Its appears that TSV (Solar bracket, GD  -18) and NTFC (DTX ECNL bracket, GD -15  ) received substantial soccer development and insight in their respective brackets.  

Soccer minds want or know:
How good are Ballerup and Venom?
Will dead legs play a role today?
Who are the upsets?

The playoff schedule:

QF3:  Solar Elite vs. Andro
QF4:  Blackburn vs. UIFC Venom
QF1:  DTX ECNL vs. Sting Ferretti
QF2:  Ballerup Skolunde vs. D'Feeters ECNL

SF1:  QF1 vs. QF2
SF2:  QF3 vs. QF4

SF1 vs. SF2

Since we know the rosters of the teams that entered the tournament, there is little need to lament about who is or isn't (or should or shouldn't be) playing for who, therefore only the best teams will advance w/o excuse.

What say ye, forum brethren, are the outcomes and scores for today and tomorrow?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/03/16, 11:59 am

1. Elite
2. Blackburn (best match of the qtrs)
3. DT ECNL
4. Feet ECNL

I'm assuming that everyone will have the same girls that they had on Wednesday. If they don't then the results could be very different.

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 26/03/16, 12:14 pm

I'll have what he's having...even down to the best matchup prediction.

Give me elite over Blackburn in semis and Texans feet will be very tough and depend on who is in town...I will lean to DT, then a solar upset in finals...

How's that for a bold prediction silly rabbit?

I actually named names...
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 26/03/16, 02:56 pm

Heard the solar elite and Andro game is 1-1 in OT. Rovers venom in PKs. Both ecnl teams advanced.

Rovers and Solar win in PKs.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 28/03/16, 09:53 am

Solar Elite over DTX ECNL 2-0.

Its my understanding (IAKM confirm?) andromeda was leading Solar 1-0 at QF-OT halftime. Not sure Andro folk into moral victories, but here's a rabbit ear salute to them, and nod to Solar Elite for fighting thru the QF deficit and making it to and finishing the finals.

How many years has Solar claimed ownsownership of DTX tournament Championship?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/16, 11:20 am

That's correct, 0-0 in Regulation. Andro scored first in extra time, Solar equalized about 5 mins later. 1-1 after extra time. Solar won in PK's. Watched 90% of the regulation time, hard fought game all over the field. Saw and heard the extra time & PK cheering from a distance while watching my kid's game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy 28/03/16, 11:49 am

dadof3 wrote:I'll have what he's having...even down to the best matchup prediction.

Give me elite over Blackburn in semis and Texans feet will be very tough and depend on who is in town...I will lean to DT, then a solar upset in finals...

How's that for a bold prediction silly rabbit?

I actually named names...

Any word on the finals? Dadof3 was right on the money, impressive.

Big Daddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/16, 12:08 pm

Yep. He's a Solar Homer........they'd revoke his fake English accent if he didn't pick Solar.

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 28/03/16, 02:33 pm

Bloody Hell. Can't make a prediction without I get kicked in the bum by some bloke what knows nothin' 'bout football.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/16, 02:36 pm

I knows football......uhhhhh.....a mind is a terrrrrble thang.

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 28/03/16, 04:38 pm

as far as predicting...I just thought the ecnl matchup would take some recovery...especially since it was the second game of that day. I also thought that elite might have some extra incentive to "prove it" against their formal rivals who are now ecnl...yet were merely "peers" a few short years ago in LH D1...and if any solar ecnl players were back with their old team, I figured they might have a little extra motivation.

Almost got lost in round against Andro...that sounds like it was true battle. Anyone see the elite/DT final and give some description of how it went down?
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2