North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 Division 1 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

05 Division 1

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Guest 02/08/16, 11:01 am

lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by hetlevenisvoetbal 02/08/16, 05:01 pm

lovemysoccergirl, Look we all luvoursoccergirls but reality is some teams are in for a long year. I don't know much but it happens every year and my DD was part of a team that got lit up for a whole season. We had a D1 party and all that jazz when we made it and then reality set in the first part of the season and we wished we would have gotten into d3 but luckily our coach was great and held it together. Guess what team my daughter played on? yep, it involves 72 goals against. It wasn't a long year it was a looooooooooooooooonnnnnnnngggggg yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaarrrrr.

P.S.

I never said that teams were terrible so please refrain from putting it like that..if that is the way you are interpreting it then that's on you. Thanks for acknowledging that I am entitled to my opinion.

Team MP W D L GF GA Pts
19: FC DALLAS YOUTH 03G SOUTH BLUE 19 2 3 14 10 56 9
20: WARRIORS SOCCER WARRIORS SC '03G 19 1 0 18 4 72 3

lovemysoccergirl wrote:You know what? Reading this post makes me sad...it makes me sad that you think you have the right to break down 10 and 11 year old girls like this. Shouldn't we be lifting them up, not shooting them down? I think all the teams that made D1 worked their tail ends off and need to be praised, not criticized. I think some of the teams that you think are so terrible are going to surprise you! (I really hope so!!!) I know you are entitled to your own opinion, but I've read some of your other posts where you have told people to "keep a lid on it", might not be a bad idea to listen to your own advice.... Good luck to your team this year! (Whichever team that may be)
hetlevenisvoetbal
hetlevenisvoetbal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/16, 06:15 pm

Lol at least you won a game..... There are years where teams don't win a game at all. I've seen years where teams score literally no goals all year.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-4-2 09/08/16, 10:29 pm

Any team that uses cpp to guest stud players ( from JDL or D1 sister teams) in crucial must win games will keep their D1 bye.

Some of these coaches are masters at that.
hetlevenisvoetbal wrote:Now that all the hoopla and qt is over.  Here is the question and the list of teams that will round off D1.  Who will compete and who will struggle.

Here is my take on it...just for kicks.

Bellatores - Will Compete and end up in top 10

Kicks JM - will compete and most likely be in top 10

Kicks Selecao - Definitely compete and will be in top 5

Fever - Definitely compete, hammered both Sting West Robels and Diaz Teams in King Tut. Top 5

LP Elite - Has some good pieces but not as dangerous as Fever and or Kicks but will be a top 5 team.

Triumph Aguero - Will be OK. Cannot compete with the top five relying on two to three players.

Sting North Sheppard - Struggle with top 10 but will have a few upsets

DT Central - most definitely Compete and I think they will be in top 10

Texas Spirit - Will compete w everyone else but struggle with fevers, kicks, Sting West Diaz and LP Elite.

LP Redknapp - Will Struggle unless the big target can pulls some games off on her own.

Mansfield Revolution - Will struggle and end up on bottom part of Division but I don't see any upsets on their horizon. IMHO, this team was the one that got in that shouldn't have gotten in.  It will be the bottom of D1 fighting relegation.

Sting West Robels - Weakest team in D1.  May be a long year.  No threat, no speed no style of play and newbie coach.  IMHO, this team was the other team that got in that shouldn't have gotten in.  It will be the bottom of D1 fighting relegation.  

Not Mentioned above are the ones currently in D1

Andro - Fast, Athletic and Direct

DTS- Top 5.  Direct and very athletic.

Sting West 05G (Diaz) - Top 5, probably the most technical team in D1, but lack the fire power and threat up top.

Sting West Bean - Top of second half of group. They try to play good soccer but he doesn't have good soccer players.

Solar Blue - Will Dual roster the majority of JDL Colvin, top 10.  Too much of a drop off with subs.

FCD White - Top 10, Will dual roster most of JDL players from CC or KB.

Sting 05G Guzman - Will Struggle.  He is still looking for players but has a lot of experience at LHGCL Level

FCD Elite - Will be top 10, if she doesn't use JDL players.

My final input on how d1 will end up not particular order.

DTS (if he dual rosters JDL players like he always does)
LP Elite
KICKS Selecao
FCD Elite
Sting West 05G (Diaz)
Fever
Triumph Aguero
Bellatores
KICKS JM
DT Central

NO PUN INTENDED, this is just my opinion and being a longtime soccer mom doesn't give me the LHGCL cred.  Just taking a stab at it since I saw most teams play due to my extensive field marshall duties.

4-4-2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75070 27/08/16, 09:29 pm

So, with age pure shuffling so much and many teams seem less dominant than previously, how does that affect the chances of a plano league team beating a lake highlands team in a tourney somewhere?

We are new to the area but have gathered there is a big deal about a plano team has never beat a lake highlands team. Is that boys or girls? Is that in any age group?

SoccerDad75070
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/08/16, 10:10 pm

Plano teams have been beating LH teams for years. I wouldn't call it common, but I've seen it within both 00 & 02 age group. Mutiny 02's did it several times last year.

Also, 3 of this year's 99 D1 teams were playing in Plano at U12 & 1 was playing in Arlington until U14.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 28/08/16, 01:27 am

OLJW wrote:Plano teams have been beating LH teams for years. I wouldn't call it common, but I've seen it within both 00 & 02 age group. Mutiny 02's did it several times last year.

Also, 3 of this year's 99 D1 teams were playing in Plano at U12 & 1 was playing in Arlington until U14.

Good God. Really? In this forum?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/16, 10:40 am

Did Dallas Messi ever make LH?

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 28/08/16, 10:46 am

BigErn wrote:
OLJW wrote:Plano teams have been beating LH teams for years. I wouldn't call it common, but I've seen it within both 00 & 02 age group. Mutiny 02's did it several times last year.

Good God.  Really?  In this forum?
Completely uncommon for 05's or 04's in my opinion but I really could not speak to well for the other age groups so......
In 05 it may happen once a year or so.
I am quite sure that in 99's they drafted well to advance that fast. Couple players can make a big difference to get over a deficiency.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/08/16, 01:15 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Good God.  Really?  In this forum?
Completely uncommon for 05's or 04's in my opinion but I really could not speak to well for the other age groups so......
In 05 it may happen once a year or so.
I am quite sure that in 99's they drafted well to advance that fast. Couple players can make a big difference to get over a deficiency.  

Agree with , KC. It doesn't happen much- definitely uncommon. It MAY happen more at the bottom of D3, of course, but a legitimate LHGCL team won't often lose to PPIL.

That being said, one must admit that this year a big anomaly. Probably enough movement in players that we probably have to redefine which ones had been Plano but are now LHGCL and vice versa. To be honest, some of the games I watched this weekend, I wonder about what has happened to LHGCL in the bottom tiers. It wasn't pretty soccer at the D3 level there....

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerates01 01/09/16, 01:34 am

Week one results were as expected.
The three results that standout to me from week one, no particular order.
Dts win over Liverpool 3-0. Saw dts upgraded by adding athletes.
Kicks select wins 4-0 over triumph.  Will this be the team to challenge DTS at D1?
DT central lost 1-0 to sting east.  Only top 10 team to have lost this week.

skiberdad wrote:
hetlevenisvoetbal wrote:

LP Elite
KICKS Selecao
FCD Elite
Sting West 05G (Diaz)
Fever
Triumph Aguero
Bellatores
KICKS JM
DT Central

You are one brave soul to just put those comments out there!  My only add would be Solar.  I completely agree with your assessment of their non-JDL roster, but I'm betting most of the JDL team will dual-roster.  I bet the "blue" players will mostly ride the bench even in the LHGCL games that are supposed to be "theirs".  The majority of the play time will still go to the JDL players.   For that reason, I'm betting that Solar ends up in the top ten, for sure.  Where in the top ten depends on how much of the JDL roster comes "down" to play LHGCL.  If essentially the whole team comes down, they will be top 5 if not top one!

Also completely agree with DTS as #1.  I'm betting the entire team dual-rosters.  Athletically, they are amazing.  Just look at the Primetime Spring 2016 scores.  If they played no JDL players, that team will struggle being top 10.  The other "South" teams don't have much.

Essentially, how the big 5 use JDL will determine how things shake out.  If no JDL players at all are used, Selecao, Fever, Sting West, LP are your top teams.  IF JDL is heavily used, Solar, DTS, FCD will be at the top -- though that Selecao team will give them all a run, I think.  One thing, though, since Kicks joined with Feet, do they get access to JDL?  Just curious.  Either way, that whole team will play LHGCL, I'm sure, since they qualified using their top players.

Soccerates01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nstr 01/09/16, 05:05 am

"Only top 10 team to have lost this week. "

According to what rankings?

Nstr
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerates01 01/09/16, 07:02 am

No rankings. Just from the preseason predictions of hvv
Nstr wrote:"Only top 10 team to have lost this week. "

According to what rankings?

Soccerates01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/09/16, 09:38 am

Soccerates01 wrote:Week one results were as expected.
The three results that standout to me from week one, no particular order.
Dts win over Liverpool 3-0. Saw dts upgraded by adding athletes.
Kicks select wins 4-0 over triumph.  Will this be the team to challenge DTS at D1?
DT central lost 1-0 to sting east.  Only top 10 team to have lost this week.

skiberdad wrote:
hetlevenisvoetbal wrote:

LP Elite
KICKS Selecao
FCD Elite
Sting West 05G (Diaz)
Fever
Triumph Aguero
Bellatores
KICKS JM
DT Central

You are one brave soul to just put those comments out there!  My only add would be Solar.  I completely agree with your assessment of their non-JDL roster, but I'm betting most of the JDL team will dual-roster.  I bet the "blue" players will mostly ride the bench even in the LHGCL games that are supposed to be "theirs".  The majority of the play time will still go to the JDL players.   For that reason, I'm betting that Solar ends up in the top ten, for sure.  Where in the top ten depends on how much of the JDL roster comes "down" to play LHGCL.  If essentially the whole team comes down, they will be top 5 if not top one!

Also completely agree with DTS as #1.  I'm betting the entire team dual-rosters.  Athletically, they are amazing.  Just look at the Primetime Spring 2016 scores.  If they played no JDL players, that team will struggle being top 10.  The other "South" teams don't have much.

Essentially, how the big 5 use JDL will determine how things shake out.  If no JDL players at all are used, Selecao, Fever, Sting West, LP are your top teams.  IF JDL is heavily used, Solar, DTS, FCD will be at the top -- though that Selecao team will give them all a run, I think.  One thing, though, since Kicks joined with Feet, do they get access to JDL?  Just curious.  Either way, that whole team will play LHGCL, I'm sure, since they qualified using their top players.

I definitely think Selecao will be in the top 3 mix all year. DTS is undoubtedly #1 until proven otherwise. Solar will be great/good depending on how many JDL players they bring down on any given day. I think Sting West is a dark horse to hang around the top too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Draper 18/09/16, 09:57 pm

Why has there been no continued discussion and debate on this particular thread over the last 3 weeks?? Lots of LHD1 games and outcomes. All the conversation seems to be focused on the overhyped "05 JDL" thread??

Sooo.....the '05 JDL consists of only 8 teams which appear to be a real contrasting mix of teams. A league with an 03 level type team (DTS), 2 definitive top 05 teams (Solar Red and FCDE), 2 mid-level 05 LHD1-type teams (Solar Pulp, Sting Hig) and 3 lower-level 05 LHD1 teams (DTCentral, Sting Parsons and FCDB). Before complaining, compare all competitive games on record to date....

The big 3 in LHD1 appear to be DTS, Kicks and LPE with Fever, Solar Byars, Triumph and Sting West showing promise over the first 4 weeks. The 05 conversation here should be about the top overall 5-10 05 teams regardless of leagues. It is a shame that the business side of NTX soccer has taken over and all these teams are not still in the same league competing against one an another and determining the eventual outcome.
Don Draper
Don Draper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 18/09/16, 10:10 pm

Don Draper wrote:Why has there been no continued discussion and debate on this particular thread over the last 3 weeks?? Lots of LHD1 games and outcomes. All the conversation seems to be focused on the overhyped "05 JDL" thread??

Sooo.....the '05 JDL consists of only 8 teams which appear to be a real contrasting mix of teams. A league with an 03 level type team (DTS), 2 definitive top 05 teams (Solar Red and FCDE), 2 mid-level 05 LHD1-type teams (Solar Pulp, Sting Hig) and 3 lower-level 05 LHD1 teams (DTCentral, Sting Parsons and FCDB). Before complaining, compare all competitive games on record to date....

The big 3 in LHD1 appear to be DTS, Kicks and LPE with Fever, Solar Byars, Triumph and Sting West showing promise over the first 4 weeks. The 05 conversation here should be about the top overall 5-10 05 teams regardless of leagues. It is a shame that the business side of NTX soccer has taken over and all these teams are not still in the same league competing against one an another and determining the eventual outcome.
Fever might be better than you think and Triumph however might be worse. I might be wrong on Triumph but Fever can play if you like Direct style soccer. Do not use much skill but can catch you off guard.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 18/09/16, 10:45 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
Don Draper wrote:Why has there been no continued discussion and debate on this particular thread over the last 3 weeks?? Lots of LHD1 games and outcomes. All the conversation seems to be focused on the overhyped "05 JDL" thread??

Fever might be better than you think and Triumph however might be worse. I might be wrong on Triumph but Fever can play if you like Direct style soccer. Do not use much skill but can catch you off guard.

Surely they must play with some skill. Half the board was putting their coach in the HOF last week.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/09/16, 05:29 am

5050Ball wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Surely they must play with some skill. Half the board was putting their coach in the HOF last week.
Said nothing about Penn. Saw them in KT waiting for our game to start and in LH couple weeks ago. Clear and Send were all I heard from sideline.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/09/16, 01:04 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:

Agree. Fever can compete with most. The LHGCL website says LPE beat them 1-0 last week so prolly fairly even teams. One of their parents told me they got stomped by DTS in the spring though... lol Oh, and Fever parents are probably the same as other teams' parents. I'm not sure what you hear them yelling from the sideline necessarily reflect what their coach is teaching....

I'm not sure I buy Triumph either. Let's see how they do against the upper teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/09/16, 02:13 pm

skiberdad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Agree. Fever can compete with most. The LHGCL website says LPE beat them 1-0 last week so prolly fairly even teams. One of their parents told me they got stomped by DTS in the spring though... lol Oh, and Fever parents are probably the same as other teams' parents. I'm not sure what you hear them yelling from the sideline necessarily reflect what their coach is teaching....

I'm not sure I buy Triumph either. Let's see how they do against the upper teams.
Penn does not coach kickball. That I know.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sleestack 19/09/16, 02:33 pm

From what you've seen/standings through 3 games, predict the 9 D1 byes. I know, ridiculous to discuss at this point...but fun nonetheless.

1. DT South
2. Kicks Selecao
3. LP Elite
4. Fever
5. Andro
6. Kicks JM
7. Triumph
8. Sting East Gray
9. Sting West

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 19/09/16, 02:40 pm

sleestack wrote:From what you've seen/standings through 3 games, predict the 9 D1 byes. I know, ridiculous to discuss at this point...but fun nonetheless.

1. DT South
2. Kicks Selecao
3. LP Elite
4. Fever
5. Andro
6. Kicks JM
7. Triumph
8. Sting East Gray
9. Sting West
Way too early, you are right.
I might agree on top three. 4-6 might change position a dz times. 7-9 might be completely different teams. Premature to put Triumph in top 10.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/09/16, 02:42 pm

Andro won't last. They've only played bottom teams. My bet is solar will end up top ten.

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 20/09/16, 08:10 pm

Just to stir the pot a bit, I saw the comment above about how 3 JDL teams would be low level D1 teams so I did a little history check and found that FCD JDL blue beat the #5 Andro team (referenced above) a combined 6-0 in the Labor Day tournament over 2 games as well as beating sting west #10 above. I realize it's one persons opinion but I find it funny that the JDL teams are getting bashed but seeming to handle at least some of the so called "top" D1 teams fairly easily.

Sorry, I'll go back to the JDL thread now.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lewi9 20/09/16, 08:42 pm

05girls wrote:Just to stir the pot a bit, I saw the comment above about how 3 JDL teams would be low level D1 teams so I did a little history check and found that FCD JDL blue beat the #5 Andro team (referenced above) a combined 6-0 in the Labor Day tournament over 2 games as well as beating sting west #10 above.  I realize it's one persons opinion but I find it funny that the JDL teams are getting bashed but seeming to handle at least some of the so called "top" D1 teams fairly easily.

Sorry, I'll go back to the JDL thread now.  

I watched the semi-final match vs. Andro during the tournament. Andro carried much of the play in that game. JDL Blue got their goal off a rebound on a corner-kick. Talent was pretty even in that match IMHO.
lewi9
lewi9
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/09/16, 08:54 pm

Andro won't end up even close to the top half by the end. They'll be around 15th or so. Remember too that those of us commenting here mostly do NOT have daughters in the 05 age group so our observations are not in any way biased.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next