North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

College SEC All-Freshman - former ECNL - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

College SEC All-Freshman - former ECNL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

College SEC All-Freshman - former ECNL - Page 2 Empty Re: College SEC All-Freshman - former ECNL

Post by go99 04/11/16, 01:40 pm

Okay let me introduce you guys to the real world. Reduce the number of teams and you don't improve the quality. Politics and money still play a role in NTX and those people would still have spots. What would end up happening is those truly talented players would no longer be able to find a place. The number is about right because it leaves a big enough pool for players to find spots. The concentration of talent has to do more with parental ego's of not wanting to lose or desire to play (sit) with the top team or misguided coaches. there is enough of a talent pool in NTX to field 5 competitive teams.

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

College SEC All-Freshman - former ECNL - Page 2 Empty Re: College SEC All-Freshman - former ECNL

Post by Lefty 04/11/16, 02:23 pm

go99 wrote:Okay let me introduce you guys to the real world.  Reduce the number of teams and you don't improve the quality.  Politics and money still play a role in NTX and those people would still have spots.  What would end up happening is those truly talented players would no longer be able to find a place.  The number is about right because it leaves a big enough pool for players to find spots.  The concentration of talent has to do more with parental ego's of not wanting to lose or desire to play (sit) with the top team or misguided coaches.  there is enough of a talent pool in NTX to field 5 competitive teams.

Spoken like a true professional victim.

Don't deny that politics and money play a role, no different than almost everything in life.  

Comical that you think 'truly talented players' would not find a place, but that probably has more to do with your definition of 'truly talented players'.

If there is enough talent to field 5 competitive teams then why don't they do it now vs defaulting to 1 dimensional/tool players?

Let me guess.  All those less than full package players are the ones that are there because of politics and money and if there were only 3 teams all the full package players would get cut.  That is certainly the way I run my business as well as everyone else I know who runs a business. Razz Razz Razz

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/11/16, 06:47 pm

Lefty wrote:
go99 wrote:Okay let me introduce you guys to the real world.  Reduce the number of teams and you don't improve the quality.  Politics and money still play a role in NTX and those people would still have spots.  What would end up happening is those truly talented players would no longer be able to find a place.  The number is about right because it leaves a big enough pool for players to find spots.  The concentration of talent has to do more with parental ego's of not wanting to lose or desire to play (sit) with the top team or misguided coaches.  there is enough of a talent pool in NTX to field 5 competitive teams.

Spoken like a true professional victim.

Don't deny that politics and money play a role, no different than almost everything in life.  

Comical that you think 'truly talented players' would not find a place, but that probably has more to do with your definition of 'truly talented players'.

If there is enough talent to field 5 competitive teams then why don't they do it now vs defaulting to 1 dimensional/tool players?

Let me guess.  All those less than full package players are the ones that are there because of politics and money and if there were only 3 teams all the full package players would get cut.  That is certainly the way I run my business as well as everyone else I know who runs a business. Razz Razz Razz

Spoken like someone who has beliefs but no idea of what they are talking about.

First its so sweet that you think winning games IS their business. I just want to pat you on the head.

Second unlike you I am not guessing. I don't have a "feeling" of how this goes. I have direct experience of watching and older boys DA team fold as the USSF reduced the number of NTX teams. Their naïve thought was that the better players would just move to the other clubs making the entire group strong. The reality is while my son and a few others moved most did not because many kids who were not as good remained in their spots out of club loyalty, parental connections, money etc. a certain number of spots will always go to those parents who have put in the work to get them. Reduce the number of teams and you reduce the number of actually available spots
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2