North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/Grapevine09/05/24, 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLE09/05/24, 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

New 05 US Youth Soccer Rankings - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

New 05 US Youth Soccer Rankings

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New 05 US Youth Soccer Rankings - Page 2 Empty Re: New 05 US Youth Soccer Rankings

Post by ForReal 20/11/16, 12:56 am

KeeperCommander wrote:Take from the Youth Soccer rankings page.
"My view is that soccer is a sport with winners and losers. The kids will have fun either way. If a coach isn't developing his players then it is quite simple: he is a bad coach and you should move your player to another team. This has nothing to do with the rankings! Please don't get me started on leagues that don't post their results. Enjoy!!!"

And your point is?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

New 05 US Youth Soccer Rankings - Page 2 Empty Re: New 05 US Youth Soccer Rankings

Post by KeeperCommander 20/11/16, 08:34 am

ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:Take from the Youth Soccer rankings page.
"My view is that soccer is a sport with winners and losers. The kids will have fun either way. If a coach isn't developing his players then it is quite simple: he is a bad coach and you should move your player to another team. This has nothing to do with the rankings! Please don't get me started on leagues that don't post their results. Enjoy!!!"

And your point is?
No point For, just a re-post. That one paragraph talks about 2 or 3 topics that have been discussed at length over the last few months. I found it comical.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 20/11/16, 09:55 pm

Let's face it. It looks like 3 of the 5 JDL clubs are using there best JDL players on any given team in order to make there clubs team look better.

How can you really rank anything anymore. It's almost better to rank clubs than teams. At least in the top 10.

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 20/11/16, 10:53 pm

Lyin Ted wrote:Let's face it. It looks like 3 of the 5 JDL clubs are using there best JDL players on any given team in order to make there clubs team look better.

How can you really rank anything anymore. It's almost better to rank clubs than teams. At least in the top 10.

Outside of the Colvin/Byars marriage, who else do you think is doing this?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 21/11/16, 07:01 am

ForReal wrote:
Lyin Ted wrote:Let's face it. It looks like 3 of the 5 JDL clubs are using there best JDL players on any given team in order to make there clubs team look better.

FCD Red/Blue are shipping players to North White in LH.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 21/11/16, 07:10 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

Sting

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 21/11/16, 07:35 am

Lyin Ted wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

Sting

Which Sting and to what team?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hetlevenisvoetbal 21/11/16, 11:36 am

both Sting North Sheppard and Guzman 05 are using jdl rostered players. I don't see Sting West Diaz using jdl players because he's ego will not allow him to use players from other teams, don't know about Sting West Bean. Sting East Grey doesn't either.

ForReal wrote:
Lyin Ted wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

Sting

Which Sting and to what team?
hetlevenisvoetbal
hetlevenisvoetbal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 21/11/16, 01:11 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

Your statement is inacutate. Goalie is the only regular guest player.
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by famouscfc 21/11/16, 02:02 pm

Bad Info.  Guzman 05 does not use 05 JDL rostered players

famouscfc
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ballin20 21/11/16, 02:08 pm

I want to congratulate the DTS05 on the way they play Against 04' hard and strong on yesterday's game Good job girls
ballin20
ballin20
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 22/11/16, 09:00 am

Lakedad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

Your statement is inacutate.  Goalie is the only regular guest player.
I never said regular. However if more than one player has been CPP to FCD North White from JDL Red then my statement of "players" is highly accurate not "inacutate".

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 22/11/16, 09:13 am

No CPP needed for different organizations, correct?

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 22/11/16, 09:27 am

tpitty wrote:No CPP needed for different organizations, correct?
Someone else would probably have a better answer for that but I do not think it matters the organization, it is still a player pass.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 22/11/16, 11:06 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
Lakedad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

I never said regular.  However if more than one player has been CPP to FCD North White from JDL Red then my statement of "players" is highly accurate not "inacutate".

I would say you implied that JDL playerS were consistantly playing with LH teams and that is not true. One player based on need...
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.ManuelNeuer 22/11/16, 11:18 am

Lakedad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Lakedad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

I never said regular.  However if more than one player has been CPP to FCD North White from JDL Red then my statement of "players" is highly accurate not "inacutate".

I would say you implied that JDL playerS were consistantly playing with LH teams and that is not true.  One player based on need...
I saw 3 on at least one occasion....I guess you are implying there was a need? Very Happy
Mrs.ManuelNeuer
Mrs.ManuelNeuer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 22/11/16, 11:23 am

Lakedad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Lakedad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

I would say you implied that JDL playerS were consistantly playing with LH teams and that is not true.  One player based on need...
No but you can believe what you like. I have not seen first hand but through the grapevine it is widely known that he needs JDL players to compete. Just for my own edification how many did they have for DTS or Selecao or Solar Byars?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepleft 23/11/16, 12:03 am

DTS entire team registered and played in both lake highlands and JDL, so there was no player passing... I'm pretty certain there is no rule about a JDL player not being able to play in lake highlands as well....
Keepleft
Keepleft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 23/11/16, 01:12 am

Keepleft wrote:DTS entire team registered and played in both lake highlands and JDL, so there was no player passing... I'm pretty certain there is no rule about a JDL player not being able to play in lake highlands as well....

So did DT Central. Nobody's said it was against the rules. This conversation started because someone suggested some LH teams' rankings aren't deserved because JDL players help them.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 23/11/16, 07:45 am

ForReal wrote:
Keepleft wrote:DTS entire team registered and played in both lake highlands and JDL, so there was no player passing... I'm pretty certain there is no rule about a JDL player not being able to play in lake highlands as well....

So did DT Central. Nobody's said it was against the rules. This conversation started because someone suggested some LH teams' rankings aren't deserved because JDL players help them.
I never read that. Maybe I should go back and read further. I was not referring to DTS using player passes. I know they dual rostered entire team. The convo i was referring to was JDL red passing players to North White. Where Lakedad only said it was a goalie others have said it was 3 players on several occasions.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 23/11/16, 08:41 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

I never read that. Maybe I should go back and read further.  I was not referring to DTS using player passes.  I know they dual rostered entire team.  The convo i was referring to was JDL red passing players to North White.  Where Lakedad only said it was a goalie others have said it was 3 players on several occasions.  

Here you go:

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 23/11/16, 08:16 pm

ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

I never read that. Maybe I should go back and read further.  I was not referring to DTS using player passes.  I know they dual rostered entire team.  The convo i was referring to was JDL red passing players to North White.  Where Lakedad only said it was a goalie others have said it was 3 players on several occasions.  

Here you go:

It is really nothing against those that player pass. It isnt like you can hide it. Since it has been going on this long it really doesn't matter about the ranking issue. It just is what it is. It isnt CPP if same team plays both leagues. The question I was responding to was that of who has been player passing. It is no secret that North White was given the bye so such a relationship could be facilitated.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 23/11/16, 11:30 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

Here you go:

It is really nothing against those that player pass.  It isnt like you can hide it.  Since it has been going on this long it really doesn't matter about the ranking issue.  It just is what it is.  It isnt CPP if same team plays both leagues.  The question I was responding to was that of who has been player passing.  It is no secret that North White was given the bye so such a relationship could be facilitated.  

Solar Byars and Sting Guzman were also both given byes. We know Colvin JDL players play with Byars. Someone has suggested Higgy's JDL players play with Guzman, but someone has denied it. Doesn't seem like it is going on so much that it really impacts rankings (perhaps Byars is an exception). And, if you believe some, most JDL players aren't that good, so a few player passes aren't that big of a deal.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/11/16, 11:16 am

ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

Here you go:

It is really nothing against those that player pass.  It isnt like you can hide it.  Since it has been going on this long it really doesn't matter about the ranking issue.  It just is what it is.  It isnt CPP if same team plays both leagues.  The question I was responding to was that of who has been player passing.  It is no secret that North White was given the bye so such a relationship could be facilitated.  

Solar Byars and Sting Guzman were also both given byes. We know Colvin JDL players play with Byars. Someone has suggested Higgy's JDL players play with Guzman, but someone has denied it. Doesn't seem like it is going on so much that it really impacts rankings (perhaps Byars is an exception). And, if you believe some, most JDL players aren't that good, so a few player passes aren't that big of a deal.
I don't believe that JDL players are not very good. That seems to be a little absurd. Some teams are not very good from the looks of things but that is a different story all together. I have seen most JDL teams play, some I have not seen at all. Guess who those are? Hiding, running I don't know but they are not playing in much. Time will tell I guess.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 24/11/16, 11:27 am

Between last weekend and this weekend, all JDL teams will have played in a tournament - even Higginbotham. Cool

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 24/11/16, 12:10 pm

this dialogue in this thread is , in my opinion, one of the best reasons what is wrong with our overall program. It is a closed system verse free market. It is the belief of those "in control" that if you "limit" the participants, the better kids will gravitate to the top teams and all will be ok in the world. Over and over again free wide open markets triumph over closed controlled (regulated) markers. Of course I am drawing on a business correlation to relate it to youth soccer but the same principles align. If there is a top player on say a Spirit team, it is the belief (and desire) of the ruling parties that that top player will be drawn, recruited, or simply show up on a team in jdl for the opportunity to play and "get better". The flaws in the thinking are so many I cannot type that fast but the system never works. We (as consumers) would be well served by a heavy dose of back to the future and have all our kids playing in a singular league open league that you can earn your way into and then a singular elite program, administered by a third party (like an odp, although flawed due to ntssa) and allow the market verse a few know it all's to oversee and determine our kids future. Then there is an entire case to be made for isn't the opportunity about the experience and possible college, but that is for another thread...
Just my three cents.
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum