North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Let the games begin - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Let the games begin

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Let the games begin - Page 3 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Big Ern 14/02/17, 05:34 pm

SuperStar06 wrote:
BigErn wrote:
SuperStar06 wrote:Get real Folks!  BLK * w/out SB is *less.  SR and DTS super *'s want with SB has.  SB team is bigger/faster/stronger than any combo of 06 talent.  Good luck BLK* and don't be look'n at yo feet u might get run over by a real Athlete!

Ouch ... Couldn't have been spoken any better by an American football coach that hasn't been there before.  

If it's true that SB is believed to be the best 06 side because they are "bigger/faster/stronger", then they have a year or two left before they're passed up by the higher IQ, more skilled teams.  Ya know ... real soccer.  

Bigger/Faster/Stronger/Skilled - Agree with u BigErn.  So SB not place to learn?  It's pass'n not tap dance'n Very Happy

Alright, Alright, Alright ...

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/02/17, 06:01 pm

BigErn wrote:
SuperStar06 wrote:Get real Folks!  BLK * w/out SB is *less.  SR and DTS super *'s want with SB has.  SB team is bigger/faster/stronger than any combo of 06 talent.  Good luck BLK* and don't be look'n at yo feet u might get run over by a real Athlete!

Ouch ... Couldn't have been spoken any better by an American football coach that hasn't been there before.  

If it's true that SB is believed to be the best 06 side because they are "bigger/faster/stronger", then they have a year or two left before they're passed up by the higher IQ, more skilled teams.  Ya know ... real soccer.  

Said the parent of all of the players that got passed over in favor of Abby, Alex, and Carly...

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 14/02/17, 06:08 pm

bwgophers wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Said the parent of all of the players that got passed over in favor of Abby, Alex, and Carly...

Doh! And just after I paid you a compliment b dub ...

Purty smart and skilled ladies ya mentioned there Sir --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/02/17, 06:37 pm

BigErn wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Doh!  And just after I paid you a compliment b dub ...

Maybe so, but I'm thinking if you asked 100 people the first word that pops into their head when you say each name, 80+ will say Big(Abby)/Fast(Alex)/Strong(Carly)...

Ain't gonna get the $10k from Steve Harvey answering skilled or smart...

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 14/02/17, 06:50 pm

bwgophers wrote:
BigErn wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Maybe so, but I'm thinking if you asked 100 people the first word that pops into their head when you say each name, 80+ will say Big(Abby)/Fast(Alex)/Strong(Carly)...

Not that it comes into play at this point in time but you do not see any just Big or just Fast or just Strong players in DI schools. They have to become skilled and smart at some point. Longer they wait the harder it will be

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 14/02/17, 07:17 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
BigErn wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Not that it comes into play at this point in time but you do not see any just Big or just Fast or just Strong players in DI schools. They have to become skilled and smart at some point. Longer they wait the harder it will be

Agree with you on the just Big or just Strong points but plenty of colleges still bet and usually lose on just Fast players.

Just FAST is like crack to a soccer coach Razz

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 14/02/17, 08:02 pm

bwgophers wrote:
BigErn wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Entertaining response b dub ...

Abby is 5'10", 175 ... there are U13s playing at LH bigger than her. Relative to her competition, Alex has very average speed for a F. Carli is strong but c'mon, at least you could spell her name correctly.

I'll be honest ... haven't watched a full match at SB's (Why would I? ... they're 10 year old 06s) -- My point (as you should be aware after 2,000+ posts with kids already having been through the NTX ringer) is that if they were indeed just big, fast and strong, it wouldn't have much bearing at all in their success in a couple years.

Not going to matter anyway as they will scatter come their U14 year (if it doesn't happen sooner).

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/02/17, 09:07 pm

HaHa! I usually don't screw up that badly... Embarassed

I am extremely uneducated in the finer points of the beautiful game, but from my seat on the couch and my sideline chair, it's pretty obvious to me that the top players from U-little all the way up to the National Teams all possess far above average athleticism (defined as a combination of speed, agility, and coordination) and ball skill. Those 2 are absolute must haves. In addition, they are also far above average in at least 1 of the following categories: size, vision, tactical awareness. The best of the best players are far above average in at least 2 of these additional categories. However, if you don't possess athleticism and skill in spades, no combination of the other 3 will get you very far.

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 15/02/17, 09:01 am

I love this world!!!

Only in youth soccer can we get some of the gems posted in this thread. Only in NTX can we get parents minimizing athletic ability in sport.

I tell you what, some of you guys keep taking you little ones to your private tap dance lessons...errr, skills sessions, and keeping paying that $40 per session. We can all threadmark this and meet up again in 5 years.

Then again, maybe some of you have found the secret sauce. The first coach that holds a tryout and immediately cuts the big, fast, athletic kids to keep the small, slow, skillful kids may end up being viewed as genius. Wonder which coach will volunteer to try this strategy out.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 15/02/17, 09:35 am

slrsoccer wrote:I love this world!!!

Only in youth soccer can we get some of the gems posted in this thread.  Only in NTX can we get parents minimizing athletic ability in sport.  

I tell you what, some of you guys keep taking you little ones to your private tap dance lessons...errr, skills sessions, and keeping paying that $40 per session.  We can all threadmark this and meet up again in 5 years.

Then again, maybe some of you have found the secret sauce.  The first coach that holds a tryout and immediately cuts the big, fast, athletic kids to keep the small, slow, skillful kids may end up being viewed as genius.  Wonder which coach will volunteer to try this strategy out.

Speaking of gems ^

Some of us aren't parents minimizing "athletic ability". Having made my living coaching the sport and seeing the biggest + fastest kids that dominate at 10 fizzle out by 14 time and time again, I believe I'm qualified to make this unbiased observation. If you were referring to my remarks slr, I certainly didn't minimize athletic ability anywhere in them ... only made a comment to one poster that boasted about SB being the best simply because they are "bigger/faster/stronger" -- saying that if that's the case, they only have a couple years of dominance remaining in this game.

Surely slr you're not daft enough to believe that athletism is simply about size, speed and strength.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 15/02/17, 09:54 am

BigErn wrote:

Only in youth soccer can we get some of the gems posted in this thread.  Only in NTX can we get parents minimizing athletic ability in sport.  

I tell you what, some of you guys keep taking you little ones to your private tap dance lessons...errr, skills sessions, and keeping paying that $40 per session.  We can all threadmark this and meet up again in 5 years.

Then again, maybe some of you have found the secret sauce.  The first coach that holds a tryout and immediately cuts the big, fast, athletic kids to keep the small, slow, skillful kids may end up being viewed as genius.  Wonder which coach will volunteer to try this strategy out.

Speaking of gems ^

Some of us aren't parents minimizing "athletic ability".  Having made my living coaching the sport and seeing the biggest + fastest kids that dominate at 10 fizzle out by 14 time and time again, I believe I'm qualified to make this unbiased observation.  If you were referring to my remarks slr, I certainly didn't minimize athletic ability anywhere in them ... only made a comment to one poster that boasted about SB being the best simply because they are "bigger/faster/stronger" -- saying that if that's the case, they only have a couple years of dominance remaining in this game.  

Surely slr you're not daft enough to believe that athletism is simply about size, speed and strength.

Cmon now E, we all know that when you coached the bumble bees, they split up because the rec league imploded at 14. It had nothing to do with skills or athleticism.

Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 15/02/17, 09:57 am

BigErn wrote:

Speaking of gems ^

Some of us aren't parents minimizing "athletic ability".  Having made my living coaching the sport and seeing the biggest + fastest kids that dominate at 10 fizzle out by 14 time and time again, I believe I'm qualified to make this unbiased observation.  If you were referring to my remarks slr, I certainly didn't minimize athletic ability anywhere in them ... only made a comment to one poster that boasted about SB being the best simply because they are "bigger/faster/stronger" -- saying that if that's the case, they only have a couple years of dominance remaining in this game.  

I'm not daft enough to make that statement, that's why I didn't make it. I also was not referring to any post you made, but more the general, everyday minimizing of athletic ability on this forum. Any outsider that may come on this board and weed through all the drivel would probably walk away thinking that being a good athlete is a negative.

But to your post...any great athlete at 10 that fizzles out at 14 either a) was never going to make it or b) didn't have a coach that worked on the right things for that player.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/02/17, 10:11 am

Big Ern speaketh the truth! Both parties are prob right. If bull dozer athleticism is 50% of your game at 11 years old, that is completely fine. It is very important (maybe most important) that at the core, there is a competitor. But if you think 50% of your game can be bulldozer athleticism at 15 and up, you will get schooled by ones that are athletic and learned to play soccer. Most adapt and learn to do this. Few don't. But at the end of the day, your potential was determined the day you were born. How people get there may vary. I am a firm believer that if you are that dominant athletically in the game of soccer, you should be playing up. At least to the level where the athletic advantage is equal. Facilitates the transition to becoming a well rounded player and potential faster. But then that opens a whole other book of individual, mostly mental, intricacies. Main thing is don't make the dd hate competing or sports. Girls athleticism "clumps" together way more than males. The main separator in girls potential, is the brain. A shame this part gets overlooked the most.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 15/02/17, 10:22 am

No coach out there can teach "Size".  No coach out there can teach "Fast".  No coach out there can teach "Strong".  But every coach out there worth a pinch of salt can teach "Skills".

So, if you have Size, Fast, Strong....any coach can pick you up and teach Skills.

Just look at USWNT for real life examples.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 15/02/17, 10:34 am

fireman1594 wrote:Big Ern speaketh the truth! Both parties are prob right. If bull dozer athleticism is 50% of your game at 11 years old, that is completely fine. It is very important (maybe most important) that at the core, there is a competitor. But if you think 50% of your game can be bulldozer athleticism at 15 and up, you will get schooled by ones that are athletic and learned to play soccer. Most adapt and learn to do this. Few don't. But at the end of the day, your potential was determined the day you were born. How people get there may vary. I am a firm believer that if you are that dominant athletically in the game of soccer, you should be playing up. At least to the level where the athletic advantage is equal. Facilitates the transition to becoming a well rounded player and potential faster. But then that opens a whole other book of individual, mostly mental, intricacies. Main thing is don't make the dd hate competing or sports. Girls athleticism "clumps" together way more than males. The main separator in girls potential, is the brain. A shame this part gets overlooked the most.

Completely agree. I just find the debate on this topic very two sided. There is a faction that says the US will never be great at soccer because our best athletes play other sports while another group states that athleticism is overrated. At the same time, we have a federation that has minimized "competition" by not keeping score in games and pushing for an environment that doesn't put too much pressure on kids. Personally, the mental side to this game (see bolded words in your post) is equally as important as the athletic side. We need players that can handle pressure, know what it is like to compete in difficult situations and find a way to push on when things get tough.

I have seen kids ruined because a coach strictly wants to rely on athleticism and never takes the time to work on deficiencies and I have seen kids ruined because a coach (or parent) is so caught up in the technical side that they lose focus on how to properly play. There has to be a balance. I realize it is very cliche, but 99% of people involved in this game would take an athlete that they can teach the other intricacies of the game to instead of an non-athlete that has great technical abilities. In the end, if you can't run past me, it doesn't matter.

The brain is the great separator, and those that can develop the brain, combine it with athleticism, a strong desire to compete and good technical ability will be the ones standing in the end.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 15/02/17, 11:06 am

slrsoccer wrote:
fireman1594 wrote:Big Ern speaketh the truth! Both parties are prob right. If bull dozer athleticism is 50% of your game at 11 years old, that is completely fine. It is very important (maybe most important) that at the core, there is a competitor. But if you think 50% of your game can be bulldozer athleticism at 15 and up, you will get schooled by ones that are athletic and learned to play soccer. Most adapt and learn to do this. Few don't. But at the end of the day, your potential was determined the day you were born. How people get there may vary. I am a firm believer that if you are that dominant athletically in the game of soccer, you should be playing up. At least to the level where the athletic advantage is equal. Facilitates the transition to becoming a well rounded player and potential faster. But then that opens a whole other book of individual, mostly mental, intricacies. Main thing is don't make the dd hate competing or sports. Girls athleticism "clumps" together way more than males. The main separator in girls potential, is the brain. A shame this part gets overlooked the most.

Completely agree.  I just find the debate on this topic very two sided.  There is a faction that says the US will never be great at soccer because our best athletes play other sports while another group states that athleticism is overrated.  At the same time, we have a federation that has minimized "competition" by not keeping score in games and pushing for an environment that doesn't put too much pressure on kids.  Personally, the mental side to this game (see bolded words in your post) is equally as important as the athletic side.  We need players that can handle pressure, know what it is like to compete in difficult situations and find a way to push on when things get tough.  

I have seen kids ruined because a coach strictly wants to rely on athleticism and never takes the time to work on deficiencies and I have seen kids ruined because a coach (or parent) is so caught up in the technical side that they lose focus on how to properly play.  There has to be a balance.  I realize it is very cliche, but 99% of people involved in this game would take an athlete that they can teach the other intricacies of the game to instead of an non-athlete that has great technical abilities.  In the end, if you can't run past me, it doesn't matter.

The brain is the great separator, and those that can develop the brain, combine it with athleticism, a strong desire to compete and good technical ability will be the ones standing in the end.

Great post. Athleticism, technical ability and mental ability are the three legs of the stool for any soccer player. At the younger ages athleticism dominates. The older they get the more the other two come into play separate the great athletes from the great soccer players.

Coaches who just leverage the great athletic ability at the younger ages to win games vs focus on developing the technical and mental aspects of the game in great athletes are cheating the great athlete out of reaching their full potential as a soccer player. Many of us could name those coaches and yes many of them do dominate at the younger ages.

Without great athleticism, you will not make it to the top, but the trail is littered with many dominating athletes who did not focus on or develop the requisite technical skills and mental aspects of their game to continue to be able to compete.

Interesting contrast with the WNT and MNT.

US WNT has the best athletes in the world, and have developed enough sophistication and skill to continue to dominate internationally for years and years.

US MNT has relatively more skill and sophistication, but does not have the athleticism to regularly compete on the world stage. Case in point is Michael Bradley

As a parent, you can't change your DD's athleticism, but you can put her in position to maximize her technical and mental development to allow her to reach her full soccer potential and enjoy the game.

Choose your coaches wisely.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 15/02/17, 11:08 am

BigErn wrote:
Having made my living coaching the sport and seeing the biggest + fastest kids that dominate at 10 fizzle out by 14 time and time again, I believe I'm qualified to make this unbiased observation.  

Need to consult with your experience here.

However the five young laddies from NTX that recently heading to GNT U15 camp were all strong studs when they were at 10. I have been heard how great they were for a few years. Now they are 14 and still dominate their age group.

Last edited by PowerKick on 15/02/17, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 15/02/17, 11:16 am

PowerKick wrote:
BigErn wrote:
Having made my living coaching the sport and seeing the biggest + fastest kids that dominate at 10 fizzle out by 14 time and time again, I believe I'm qualified to make this unbiased observation.  

However the five young laddies that recently heading to GNT U15 camp were all strong studs when they were at 10. I have been heard how great they were for a few years. Now they are 14 and still dominate their age group.

And 2 of the 3 from NTX who just signed with top college programs, who are all great athletes in their own respect, and have been in the national pools are more technical and mental players vs power players and have been since U9.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 15/02/17, 11:17 am

Lefty wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
BigErn wrote:

However the five young laddies that recently heading to GNT U15 camp were all strong studs when they were at 10. I have been heard how great they were for a few years. Now they are 14 and still dominate their age group.

And 2 of the 3 from NTX who just signed with top college programs, who are all great athletes in their own respect, and have been in the national pools are more technical and mental players vs power players and have been since U9.  

PK trying for the 'gotcha' question. Rolling Eyes

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 15/02/17, 01:36 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
Lefty wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Gotcha?

Alrighty then ... once again ... for the third time in this thread alone --

I was simply replying to the one poster that boasted about SB being the best because they are "bigger/faster/stronger"

And c'mon now -- You're arguing against my point with a "five young laddies" (sp) example ... Really?  Those are <1%ers ... almost 160,000 kids playing in NTX alone (and I'd love to hear your detailed knowledge of all of them at age 10, albeit kinda creepy).

On another note ... thanks to fireman, slr and lefty for their intelligent, well thought out posts.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 15/02/17, 02:30 pm

BigErn wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Lefty wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Gotcha?

I was simply replying to the one poster that boasted about SB being the best because they are "bigger/faster/stronger"

And c'mon now -- You're arguing against my point with a "five young laddies" (sp) example ... Really?  Those are <1%ers ... almost 160,000 kids playing in NTX alone (and I'd love to hear your detailed knowledge of all of them at age 10, albeit kinda creepy).

On another note ... thanks to fireman, slr and lefty for their intelligent, well thought out posts.

PK was trying to prove your stmt wrong (B/F/S at 10 fizzle at 14), because those mentioned were studs at u10 as well. Lefty came in saying those girls were technical and mental as well, which is how a stud at u10 can still be at u14.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 15/02/17, 03:06 pm

What is interesting is the average hieght for the US WNT is 5'6" based on published info on website.  My guess these numbers are inflated a bit just like size of an NFL football player.  I will take competitiveness, desire, and will to be the best over physical size any day..  Look at NFL football star who was too small or slow as proof..  Tom Brady (GOAT), Emmitt Smith (GOAT), Danny Amendola, Dat Prescott, Russell Wilson, Ronnie Lott, Troy Palamolo, list goes on...  Now look at the Perfect Proto typical athlete and what have they done?  

Breaking down the US WNT team, the average hieght is just about 5.6 and if you take out the keepers, it's probably more like 5.5.  Get their real height measurement and not what is posted and the average hieght is probably 5.4...  These ladies are TRUE athletes with the competitive desire and will to be the best at all cost (just jike tom Brady).. Sorry guys, you can't teach that.. All you can do is  make sure you are educating them how to out play the competition with their minds.  This to me is what a real coach is..  

Name               Height     position Average
Julie Johnston        67             Defender
Ali Krieger             66             Defender
Kelley Ohara          65             defender
Becky Sauerbun     67             defender
Casey Short           68             defender
Emily Sonner         67             defender        5.6 Defender Avg
Cyrstal Dunn         61             Forward
Alex Morgan          67             Forward
Mallory Pugh         65             forward
Christen Press       67             forward
Amy Rodriguez      64             forward
Lynn Williams        67             forward         5.4 Forward Avg
Jane Campbell      69              Keeper
Ayshlyn Harris      69             Keeper
Alyssa Naher        69             keeper           5.9 Keeper Average
Morgan Brian       67              Mid
Tobin Heath         66              mid
Lindsey Horan      69              mid
Sarah Killion        68              Mid
Rose Lavalle        64              Mid
Carli Loyd           68               mid
Allie Long            67              mid
Samanth Mehis   72               mid
Brianna Pinto      65              mid 5              .6 Mid Avg

Team Average 5.6

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 15/02/17, 03:30 pm

[quote="Foxysoccermom"]
BigErn wrote:

Speaking of gems ^

Cmon now E, we all know that when you coached the bumble bees, they split up because the rec league imploded at 14. It had nothing to do with skills or athleticism.

[/quote

Again.^^^^^the bumble bees aren't a good barometer.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 15/02/17, 04:11 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
BigErn wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Lefty wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Gotcha?

PK was trying to prove your stmt wrong (B/F/S at 10 fizzle at 14), because those mentioned were studs at u10 as well.  Lefty came in saying those girls were technical and mental as well, which is how a stud at u10 can still be at u14.  

My point is that at U18, 2 of the best 3 in NTX have a game that is more Wizard (skill & mental) than Banger (big & fast).

All are very competitive, good athletes who are strong and quick as well.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/02/17, 09:57 pm

TxFutbal wrote:What is interesting is the average hieght for the US WNT is 5'6" based on published info on website.  My guess these numbers are inflated a bit just like size of an NFL football player.  I will take competitiveness, desire, and will to be the best over physical size any day..  Look at NFL football star who was too small or slow as proof..  Tom Brady (GOAT), Emmitt Smith (GOAT), Danny Amendola, Dat Prescott, Russell Wilson, Ronnie Lott, Troy Palamolo, list goes on...  Now look at the Perfect Proto typical athlete and what have they done?  

Breaking down the US WNT team, the average hieght is just about 5.6 and if you take out the keepers, it's probably more like 5.5.  Get their real height measurement and not what is posted and the average hieght is probably 5.4...  These ladies are TRUE athletes with the competitive desire and will to be the best at all cost (just jike tom Brady).. Sorry guys, you can't teach that.. All you can do is  make sure you are educating them how to out play the competition with their minds.  This to me is what a real coach is..  

Name               Height     position Average
Julie Johnston        67             Defender
Ali Krieger             66             Defender
Kelley Ohara          65             defender
Becky Sauerbun     67             defender
Casey Short           68             defender
Emily Sonner         67             defender        5.6 Defender Avg
Cyrstal Dunn         61             Forward
Alex Morgan          67             Forward
Mallory Pugh         65             forward
Christen Press       67             forward
Amy Rodriguez      64             forward
Lynn Williams        67             forward         5.4 Forward Avg
Jane Campbell      69              Keeper
Ayshlyn Harris      69             Keeper
Alyssa Naher        69             keeper           5.9 Keeper Average
Morgan Brian       67              Mid
Tobin Heath         66              mid
Lindsey Horan      69              mid
Sarah Killion        68              Mid
Rose Lavalle        64              Mid
Carli Loyd           68               mid
Allie Long            67              mid
Samanth Mehis   72               mid
Brianna Pinto      65              mid 5              .6 Mid Avg

Team Average 5.6

Big ones in the back and small ones in the front.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/02/17, 06:02 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:
SWINGIT!! wrote:
Sho'Nuff wrote:I see these teams play eachother again today. How many times is that this soccer year?
That's good for both teams. Iron sharpens iron.

Definitely. Salute to these coaches

Bump!

I know Solar Red took some grief and hit on the rankings, but nobody will remember years from now (or even later this year if they rebound).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next