North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

2017 Girls Soccer State Championship - 6A Reg 1&3 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

2017 Girls Soccer State Championship - 6A Reg 1&3

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2017 Girls Soccer State Championship - 6A Reg 1&3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 Girls Soccer State Championship - 6A Reg 1&3

Post by Guest 08/04/17, 01:41 pm

2-0 Keller Final

Back to top Go down

2017 Girls Soccer State Championship - 6A Reg 1&3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 Girls Soccer State Championship - 6A Reg 1&3

Post by Marvelousmar 08/04/17, 02:49 pm

2 to 1 Highland Park. Someone on here said HP in a close one. Winning close games gave HP soke experience to fight through.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 08/04/17, 03:44 pm

OLJW wrote:2-0 Keller Final

Losing top scorer obviously hurt SL. Congrats Keller, keep the hardware in NTX
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nolanryan 09/04/17, 06:12 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:2 to 1 Highland Park.  Someone on here said HP in a close one.  Winning close games gave HP soke experience to fight through.

Congrats to Highland Park.  They are an outstanding team.  My only concern with the game was the obvious non call when the HP defender got beat by Prosper's tall forward and pulled her down at around the 8.  The ref should have called that foul and on the counter, HP scored the go ahead goal.  HP should not have needed help to win and while they won the region by beating a surging and surprising Prosper team, the victory is now tainted.  I get that's sports.  Officials always give the Yankees a break in baseball, the Patriots a break in football and so on.  Highland Park has friends in High Places.  

Again, not taking anything from their unbelievable team.  HP's #8 is an unbelievable player.  I went Thursday to USWNT v. Russia and this game was better with both sides displaying incredible skill.  It's too bad both could not move forward because the winner of the Region wins state.
nolanryan
nolanryan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 09/04/17, 06:52 pm

nolanryan wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:2 to 1 Highland Park.  Someone on here said HP in a close one.  Winning close games gave HP soke experience to fight through.

Congrats to Highland Park.  They are an outstanding team.  My only concern with the game was the obvious non call when the HP defender got beat by Prosper's tall forward and pulled her down at around the 8.  The ref should have called that foul and on the counter, HP scored the go ahead goal.  HP should not have needed help to win and while they won the region by beating a surging and surprising Prosper team, the victory is now tainted.  I get that's sports.  Officials always give the Yankees a break in baseball, the Patriots a break in football and so on.  Highland Park has friends in High Places.  

Again, not taking anything from their unbelievable team.  HP's #8 is an unbelievable player.  I went Thursday to USWNT v. Russia and this game was better with both sides displaying incredible skill.  It's too bad both could not move forward because the winner of the Region wins state.

The two parts underlined or in bold don't contradict each other at all. The win is tainted, but you aren't taking anything away? Come on.... I doubt one non-call was the reason your dd's team lost. But, I could be wrong.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 123hts 10/04/17, 08:47 am

FC1 wrote:
nolanryan wrote:

The two parts underlined or in bold don't contradict each other at all. The win is tainted, but you aren't taking anything away? Come on.... I doubt one non-call was the reason your dd's team lost. But, I could be wrong.

MY DD dint even make playoffs this year, however I went to watch because of the hype of #8 (HP) and #26 (Prosper) and can tell you they were definitely not as I had imagined and read about online. I hate to be the one that says but I will, Penn State and Texas A&M made a premature call for #8 and #26. Big Games you must show, if you don't why be out there wasting your time and the other players time. I hope they play better in club and will look for them at the ECNL Playoffs and Finals. Maybe they play better in Club, or did the money get them their.

I agree that there were some calls that did not get made, but Prosper had their opportunities to put it away early.

Also, you know the UIL will not allow a good enough Ref Crew to be at a game where there might be a possibility of a fair outcome. Seriously if the rich want a win they will get a win at any "cost", but in this case aren't both these towns pretty well to do, just the only difference is one has the Jones behind it, hence the move to 5a for the grandson to win State.

123hts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 10/04/17, 09:10 am

lols

I used to giggle about these kind of posts at the younger ages when  some parents couldn't let things go. Now that I see that they're popping up on high school threads it's even funnier.  It's freaking high school soccer, who gives a S.

Then you top it off by disparaging individual players.  Rolling Eyes

Stay classy dude..oh and please stop posting.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 123hts 10/04/17, 09:29 am

Gunners wrote:lols

I used to giggle about these kind of posts at the younger ages when  some parents couldn't let things go. Now that I see that they're popping up on high school threads it's even funnier.  It's freaking high school soccer, who gives a S.

Then you top it off by disparaging individual players.  Rolling Eyes

Stay classy dude..oh and please stop posting.

I find it funny for individuals to be posting on youth sports in general and I would rather not stop posting at this moment because of responses like this. How was what I said disparaging? From my perspective they were not what they were billed as and if they get in pressure situations like these in college will this be the same result. Maybe I should say it is my opinion, would that make it better.

I also agree that it is High School Soccer and that it shouldn't matter, but if there is a prize at the end then most parents and players will take it seriously and think that it does matter.

123hts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/04/17, 09:36 am

If it helps you get through your day and sleep better at night...  Go for it... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/04/17, 09:42 am

50 games in a season for these players. Man give them a break! Every game at the top level is billed as a big game. Sounds like a team effort. When your elites are not having the best game a team picks you up.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by 123hts 10/04/17, 10:09 am

Zizou wrote:50 games in a season for these players. Man give them a break! Every game at the top level is billed as a big game. Sounds like a team effort. When your elites are not having the best game a team picks you up.

Break has been given. However, I am not sure every game in High School is top level and billed as a big game like this one was. How often do you get two undefeated teams in High School?

123hts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/04/17, 10:28 am

I have witnessed this "lag" before too. Have to remember, it is girls soccer. Girls sports in general are just a different animal. A lot more factors with girls. But, in my limited soccer knowledge, I think a huge factor for supposed "stars" in high school, is who they are surrounded by. A lot of times, in high school, they get frustrated pretty easily. I think people forget how much of a team sport soccer is. Put your fastest, most aggressive girl on star, the rest sometimes struggle at rising up while frustrating the star. You might be able to outshine mediocre teams with individual effort, but when you meet a group that will test the teams ability to play soccer together, weaknesses exposed. A team is truly a sum of its parts. And soccer is probably the highest ranked sport in which the best team does not always win. Why Americans struggle with mbracing it in my opinion. But getting better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/04/17, 10:32 am

123hts wrote:
Zizou wrote:50 games in a season for these players. Man give them a break! Every game at the top level is billed as a big game. Sounds like a team effort. When your elites are not having the best game a team picks you up.

Break has been given. However, I am not sure every game in High School is top level and billed as a big game like this one was. How often do you get two undefeated teams in High School?

You forget about the 30 other games they have to ramp up for. High school should be fun. With a good team to pick you up when you are not at your best.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildone 10/04/17, 12:15 pm

123hts wrote:
FC1 wrote:
nolanryan wrote:

MY DD dint even make playoffs this year, however I went to watch because of the hype of #8 (HP) and #26 (Prosper) and can tell you they were definitely not as I had imagined and read about online. I hate to be the one that says but I will, Penn State and Texas A&M made a premature call for #8 and #26. Big Games you must show, if you don't why be out there wasting your time and the other players time. I hope they play better in club and will look for them at the ECNL Playoffs and Finals. Maybe they play better in Club, or did the money get them their.

I agree that there were some calls that did not get made, but Prosper had their opportunities to put it away early.

Also, you know the UIL will not allow a good enough Ref Crew to be at a game where there might be a possibility of a fair outcome. Seriously if the rich want a win they will get a win at any "cost", but in this case aren't both these towns pretty well to do, just the only difference is one has the Jones behind it, hence the move to 5a for the grandson to win State.

Not sure why you find the need to rip on HP's 8 or Prosper's 26.  HP's 8 did some unbelievable things and HP did a real good job stacking the back line to slow down 26.  Even with that, 26 got around the HP defense and was preparing to score when she got pulled down in the box, hence the non call.  Why would you go online and, based on 1 game accuse the colleges these girls made a commitment to of having made a mistake?  You don't even know these players. Making judgements based on 1 game and writing "I hope they play better in club".  Unreal.
Wildone
Wildone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 123hts 10/04/17, 01:47 pm

Wildone wrote:
123hts wrote:
FC1 wrote:
nolanryan wrote:

Not sure why you find the need to rip on HP's 8 or Prosper's 26.  HP's 8 did some unbelievable things and HP did a real good job stacking the back line to slow down 26.  Even with that, 26 got around the HP defense and was preparing to score when she got pulled down in the box, hence the non call.  Why would you go online and, based on 1 game accuse the colleges these girls made a commitment to of having made a mistake?  You don't even know these players. Making judgements based on 1 game and writing "I hope they play better in club".  Unreal.

My observations are what I am going to provide and my opinion is that they didn't look like these players were up to level of those colleges. Since I am not recruiting them and they are already committed; the colleges obviously saw something I didn't and that is a choice and decision they will have to live with not me. Again, these colleges more than likely saw them at the Club level and I am guessing they play better at club then they do at the High School level. If you want me to rephrase anything I said to eliminate numbers I can take numbers out of it and say that one team didn't look better than the other, but the better team won that day. Will that make it better for everyone.

If you chose to disagree then that is your opinion and your belief. If you want to give them a gold star, a participation award or blue ribbons that is certainly your your call for their performance.

123hts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 10/04/17, 03:21 pm

Mm things are heating up on a rainy day. Everyone is granted the right to have an opinion numbers are not the problem. As all players are apt to have a rough day. Different sport. Russell Westbrook had a few games ago. Is it fair to judge him by one game. Messi has had awful showings playing for his Country so Barcelona should fire him. So many things effect performance. So to throw College recruiters and the girls under the bus due to one match seems to those reading just a little confused in my opinion. I hope this makes sense when you re read what you wrote.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/04/17, 03:36 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:Mm things are heating up on a rainy day.  Everyone is granted the right to have an opinion numbers are not the problem.  As all players are apt to have a rough day.  Different sport.  Russell Westbrook had a few games ago. Is it fair to judge him by one game. Messi has had awful showings playing for his Country so Barcelona should fire him. So many things effect performance.  So to throw College recruiters and the girls under the bus due to one match seems to those reading just a little confused in my opinion.  I hope this makes sense when you re read what you wrote.

Mar...  If you or 123 can't see the obvious difference between publicly bagging on Russell Westbrook or Messi, and publicly bagging on a HS kid, for their performance...  well.. nevermind... Rolling Eyes Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerguru 10/04/17, 03:53 pm

People are getting testy...I agree though, it's ridiculous to throw any of those girls under the bus.  They are all the best of the best, otherwise they and their teams would not be there.
soccerguru
soccerguru
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nolanryan 10/04/17, 04:10 pm

I have no idea which player the poster was watching.  The aforementioned Prosper player is probably the best player that high school has ever had and she plays among an elite group of players who's starting lineup is mostly ECNL players.  Maybe she didn't score on Saturday but was double covered keeping others open and she single handedly destroyed the state champs last Tuesday 5-0 to help get her school to face the #1 ranked team in the country.  She gets around the that team's defense so they have to pull her down by the shorts to keep her from scoring the go ahead goal.  Oh, as for her club, she's the leading scorer for her team, which is in 1st place in the TX division.  

The only thing that's for sure is that Texas A&M will have an amazing program from 2019-2022.  Heck, I'm pushing my DD to continue working so she can go to A&M and play alongside.  

Don't know enough about HP's #8 but if she's heading up to the Northeast, they are lucky to have her.
nolanryan
nolanryan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 10/04/17, 05:36 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:Mm things are heating up on a rainy day.  Everyone is granted the right to have an opinion numbers are not the problem.  As all players are apt to have a rough day.  Different sport.  Russell Westbrook had a few games ago. Is it fair to judge him by one game. Messi has had awful showings playing for his Country so Barcelona should fire him. So many things effect performance.  So to throw College recruiters and the girls under the bus due to one match seems to those reading just a little confused in my opinion.  I hope this makes sense when you re read what you wrote.

Mar...  If you or 123 can't see the obvious difference between publicly bagging on Russell Westbrook or Messi, and publicly bagging on a HS kid, for their performance...  well.. nevermind... Rolling Eyes Sleep

Little confused by your response. BW. My point was really that everyone if those that make millions of dollars have bad days but we can't judge them on bad days. So with a High school player there is no need to publicly bag on their performance was my mild point. I think we are in the same camp here. It may not have been read that way.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 11/04/17, 03:07 pm

FC1 wrote:
nolanryan wrote:

i bet those grapes are pretty sour.........................
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 11/04/17, 03:08 pm

high school soccer means absolutely nothing....................ask any college coach...................who cares................
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Treinador3 11/04/17, 04:22 pm

ItsMeAgain wrote:high school soccer means absolutely nothing....................ask any college coach...................who cares................

Apparently you cared enough to post this 6 days ago:

highland park is overrated......................were in a miserable district and didn't play anyone noteworthy........................prosper will kill them assuming both get past the mansfield schools that haven't really been tested until this point..................

Nice pick

Treinador3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 11/04/17, 06:07 pm

Here is my experience...I watched the US play their first two group games live in Canada and came away telling everyone who would listen that Carly Lloyd was awful and really didn't look like she should even be on the field with the other women...she just looked awful to me, and there were plenty of people who were scratching their heads and commenting the same as I was...

In the third group match, she was better, but I was still not sold, by the end of the tourney I was in agreement that she was the most outstanding player at the WWC.

My point is that even the woman who was arguably the best player in the world looked BAD in consecutive games on THE BIGGEST stage. She eventually showed her ability, but if she can look average, than anyone can...and if college coaches only see your best game or worst game, even the best evaluators can make a mistake.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 12/04/17, 02:22 pm

jstones wrote:
ItsMeAgain wrote:high school soccer means absolutely nothing....................ask any college coach...................who cares................

Apparently you cared enough to post this 6 days ago:

highland park is overrated......................were in a miserable district and didn't play anyone noteworthy........................prosper will kill them assuming both get past the mansfield schools that haven't really been tested until this point..................

Nice pick

voiced my opinion like everyone else on here is allowed to do.............................have friends on both teams...........................doesnt mean i care..................................and better team doesnt always win....................................id make same pick today as i did last week......................................
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 12/04/17, 04:54 pm

Its an opinion board so that's thr point of the board. Better team doesn't always win we have all seen that thougjh some on this board call that making excuses. However, after going undefeated all season and 5 games in playoffs must give HP their due. Topdrawer did and so did all the sides that have lost to them. Good luck to Mokingbird crew bring the title home.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2