North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Effective communication! - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Effective communication!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Effective communication! - Page 2 Empty Re: Effective communication!

Post by TxFutbal 11/05/17, 01:09 pm

HomeStretch wrote:
go99 wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:
newbiefornow wrote:go99 has a point.  
Okay I can help here YOU ARE WRONG!!! accept it, relax in it, become one with it.
You don't get to play with your friends? Make new friends or get better.  Nobody owes you a path to glory on the backs of your friends.  You tell the 11 yr old to put in the work if he wants to play with and keep up with the top kids.  To remember that spot when she is watching tv, playing on snapchat etc.  If you want it go get it and stop expecting someone to give it too you.

Next, lesser team? ever stop to think that if you can't get the minutes that is the level you are currently at.  You can't look down on the level until you can at least surpass it.

Finally NOBODY cares about great teams.  Not the DA, not the national team and not college coaches.  This isn't about building top TEAMS it is about building top PLAYERS.  If your kid is a product of a SYSTEM she is already done.  What is she going to take that SYSTEM to her college with her?  

Now with that being said the backroom deals, guarantees, shady dealings, shifty parents and coaches tilting the playing field is all happening right now.  NTX soccer is harsh and unfair.  It is not the meritocracy it should be, but life's unfair.  Stop crying, put on your big girl pants and get to work.  Be better than your peers and the rest will take care of itself

This is real talk here. Best post Ive seen here in a while. Only thing I'd slightly disagree with is great teams do matter and college coaches do care if a team is stacked with talent. When you see 100+ coaches lining a sideline it's usually because at least one team is considered loaded. It's a lot easier to show well in certain positions on a good team than a bad one, and a great team is going to get a helluva a lot more chances to show what their individual players can do.

You must not care about your girls/daughter development.  At 10-11 yrs old soccer has much more of a social aspect to it than it does with boys.  I know first hand as I have a son that rose thru the system and is now playing college ball and a DD who is on her journey.  Girls absolutely care who they play with, who their friends are, and what their friends think.  Girls who learn how to communicate, hold each other accountable, and learn how to resolve conflict excel in their adult life.   They also create great atmospheres to maximize their soccer development and provide them the tools to become part of that .1% of the girls that take soccer to the highest levels.  Soccer is not all about skill. Being the best at any sport is more about effective decision management.  Tony Romo vs. Troy Aikman is a perfect example.  

My point is DA is too young for 10-11 yr olds. With US Soccer trying to ruin ECNL, LH, PPL, Primetime you are going to kill the sport for the masses.  Soccer is a great sport and girls arguably play it better than boys.  Please don't ruin it because you are trying a grab power over the clubs that are truly focused on developing the kid vs. developing a soccer android.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/05/17, 01:20 pm

TxFutbal wrote:
HomeStretch wrote:
go99 wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:
newbiefornow wrote:go99 has a point.  
Okay I can help here YOU ARE WRONG!!! accept it, relax in it, become one with it.
You don't get to play with your friends? Make new friends or get better.  Nobody owes you a path to glory on the backs of your friends.  You tell the 11 yr old to put in the work if he wants to play with and keep up with the top kids.  To remember that spot when she is watching tv, playing on snapchat etc.  If you want it go get it and stop expecting someone to give it too you.

Next, lesser team? ever stop to think that if you can't get the minutes that is the level you are currently at.  You can't look down on the level until you can at least surpass it.

Finally NOBODY cares about great teams.  Not the DA, not the national team and not college coaches.  This isn't about building top TEAMS it is about building top PLAYERS.  If your kid is a product of a SYSTEM she is already done.  What is she going to take that SYSTEM to her college with her?  

Now with that being said the backroom deals, guarantees, shady dealings, shifty parents and coaches tilting the playing field is all happening right now.  NTX soccer is harsh and unfair.  It is not the meritocracy it should be, but life's unfair.  Stop crying, put on your big girl pants and get to work.  Be better than your peers and the rest will take care of itself

This is real talk here. Best post Ive seen here in a while. Only thing I'd slightly disagree with is great teams do matter and college coaches do care if a team is stacked with talent. When you see 100+ coaches lining a sideline it's usually because at least one team is considered loaded. It's a lot easier to show well in certain positions on a good team than a bad one, and a great team is going to get a helluva a lot more chances to show what their individual players can do.

You must not care about your girls/daughter development.  At 10-11 yrs old soccer has much more of a social aspect to it than it does with boys.  I know first hand as I have a son that rose thru the system and is now playing college ball and a DD who is on her journey.  Girls absolutely care who they play with, who their friends are, and what their friends think.  Girls who learn how to communicate, hold each other accountable, and learn how to resolve conflict excel in their adult life.   They also create great atmospheres to maximize their soccer development and provide them the tools to become part of that .1% of the girls that take soccer to the highest levels.  Soccer is not all about skill. Being the best at any sport is more about effective decision management.  Tony Romo vs. Troy Aikman is a perfect example.  

My point is DA is too young for 10-11 yr olds.  With US Soccer trying to ruin ECNL, LH, PPL, Primetime you are going to kill the sport for the masses.  Soccer is a great sport and girls arguably play it better than boys.  Please don't ruin it because you are trying a grab power over the clubs that are truly focused on developing the kid vs. developing a soccer android.
Right now DA is paper champion. They have not played anyone and until they kill the stigma that they haven't proved anyone wrong then they will stay paper champion. You can call them the new king if you want but teams and players are already stating they will go ECNL for whatever reason. Will DA still have great players in it? Yes. Will every DA team be able to play with and against some ECNL teams? No. Puzzling way to look at it.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 11/05/17, 01:43 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
Ehh?!?! Never been one to fully agree with anyone so why start now.
I agree with you 99%...no need to start now.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/05/17, 03:46 pm

so based on your wisdom of raising 2 kids you know the age that DA should start with girls? You know this better than the USSF. You know this better than Double pass the company working with the USSF on the DA. I have my doubts. What you are suggesting is basically rec. If you DD can't keep up she should be allowed to stay with her team so she can play with her friends. They should probably pass out juice boxes and build a tunnel too. Speaking of life and life skills, you know what a good life skill is? Making new friends, accepting disappointment and learning from it. You know whats not? "I should have it because I want it" mentality. my DD's ecnl team was new this season put together with girls from a number of different teams some of which where bitter rivals. Now they are on pace to make nationals and are all really good friends. To quote a teammate "I used to really hate you, now I like you" Based on the tryouts and the kids taking DA spots and also on the clubs moving all of their top coaches to DA, the focus is definitely there and so will the top level of play. Will all of the talent go to DA? of course not, not every girl has thats kind of focus and dedication or is willing to sacrifice that much. THE DA IS NOT FOR EVERY KID. The ECNL and for that matter will remain a viable alternative but the reality is the DA is king
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 11/05/17, 03:55 pm

DA is here embrace it. We really won't see the master plan in action for several years but I thinks it's a great path for those who want to take that journey. There will be lots of good memories for those kids to last a lifetime.
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/05/17, 03:56 pm

HomeStretch wrote:
go99 wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:
newbiefornow wrote:go99 has a point.  Sometimes it's the content of the message not the presentation of it that's a problem. No amount of communications training is going to make that an easy or pleasant conversation.  Talent in soccer is pretty subjective and impact varies game to game so in can feel pretty arbitrary. We've been "guided" out of one team into another in the same club and "bounced". In the end it worked out well but it had no reason to.

Deep breath and "may the odds ever be in your favor" . We're 03/02 and it does get better but it's fairly brutal. USSF has significantly contributed to that by making two major changes in three years. What I can say is this can be a great way for a family to learn to cope with situations over which they have relatively little control, work in a team (of parents and kids) where in addition to working together to accomplish shared goals you're competing to be "the best" and where you're getting all kinds of external and internal feedback most of which is in the moment rather than well considered and constructive for your long term development. The learning is not cheap and may be a bit advanced for the age group but there you have it.

Basically what you are saying to an 11 year old is "you are on the practice squad and you may never get to actually play with your friends".  If you do play, you will play with the "pool" coach on a lesser "team" that is cobbled together each week.  Kids learn by being in an environment that focuses on consistency.  The great teams learn how to play as a single unit who learns how to communicate verbally and non verbally with her team mates.  You can't just plug and play a kid into a "system" and expect the kid to learn how to actually play soccer.  At the older ages this can happen but only after the kid has developed the communication skills and learns that the team is stronger than the individual.

Actually one thing the ECNL and DA will help with is the need to be on the BEST team. Prior to that only the top teams could make the best showcases. I can assure you college coaches are not looking at teams and it can actually be easier to be overshadowed on a top team where you may participate but don't really carry much of the load. And if you are on the field playing against the team stacked with national team players and taking a beating, if you can play they will notice that too. Coaches aren't looking for participators they are looking for players. That being said, a really bad team can make it difficulty to play. So to sum it up you are better off being a major contributor to a good team than a girl basically carrying pompoms on the field "go our team. go that girl"
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 11/05/17, 04:03 pm

My DD was offered ODP and was encouraged by many to take a look at DA and she turned it down. She will play ECNL in 2017-18 and is very happy with her decision to continue to play with the team she has grown up with from a soccer perspective, as well as, take a stab at middle school volleyball when she starts 7th grade. Hopefully by the time she starts high school she will still have as much passion for soccer that she does today.

Good luck with the DA path and it will be interesting to see how many girls start now and are out of soccer because of DA by the time they are 15 because they can't play another sport, or be a cheer leader, or be in the pop group, or marching band, or whatever else US Soccer decides is not right for my kid.. Is US Soccer run by the liberals now or what?

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/05/17, 04:04 pm

go99 wrote:so based on your wisdom of raising 2 kids  you know the age that DA should start with girls?  You know this better than the USSF.  You know this better than Double pass the company working with the USSF on the DA.  I have my doubts.  What you are suggesting is basically rec.  If you DD can't keep up she should be allowed to stay with her team so she can play with her friends.  They should probably pass out juice boxes and build a tunnel too.  Speaking of life and life skills, you know what a good life skill is?  Making new friends, accepting disappointment and learning from it.  You know whats not?  "I should have it because I want it" mentality. my DD's ecnl team was new this season put together with girls from a number of different teams some of which where bitter rivals.  Now they are on pace to make nationals and are all really good friends. To quote a teammate "I used to really hate you, now I like you"  Based on the tryouts and the kids taking DA spots and also on the clubs moving all of their top coaches to DA, the focus is definitely there and so will the top level of play.  Will all of the talent go to DA? of course not, not every girl has thats kind of focus and dedication or is willing to sacrifice that much.  THE DA IS NOT FOR EVERY KID.  The ECNL and for that matter will remain a viable alternative but the reality is the DA is king
Remember "Paper Champion"

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/05/17, 04:06 pm

TxFutbal wrote:My DD was offered ODP and was encouraged by many to take a look at DA and she turned it down.  She will play ECNL in 2017-18 and is very happy with her decision to continue to play with the team she has grown up with from a soccer perspective, as well as, take a stab at middle school volleyball when she starts 7th grade. Hopefully by the time she starts high school she will still have as much passion for soccer that she does today.  

Good luck with the DA path and it will be interesting to see how many girls start now and are out of soccer because of DA by the time they are 15 because they can't play another sport, or be a cheer leader, or be in the pop group, or marching band, or whatever else US Soccer decides is not right for my kid..  Is US Soccer run by the liberals now or what?
No. But it sounds like Go and BBB are shareholders.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 11/05/17, 04:08 pm

DA is another path for the masses I welcome it w a smile.
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 11/05/17, 04:12 pm

Change is good it will bring out the best in all.of us....the DA will change the game in NTX.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/05/17, 04:24 pm

I'm confused as to how the DA is a liberal concept? I would love to hear that explanation. A ton of girls will be out of the DA later just as tons were out of CL and ECNL at latter ages. The DA will not change that. Eventually kids get old enough to decide what they want to do with their time and the drop out rate in sports for girls is much higher than it is for boy and always has been the DA is not trying to fix that. But I am all compete and free market and you seem to be all participate and let them play with their friends. So really seems like you are only conservative until being so actually affects you. But please do explain the liveral concept of the DA because I am sure it's brilliant. Oh and for the record when you start to see liberal vs conservative in everything, time to cut of the news and talk radio
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/05/17, 04:26 pm

go99 wrote:I'm confused as to how the DA is a liberal concept?  I would love to hear that explanation.  A ton of girls will be out of the DA later just as tons were out of CL and ECNL at latter ages.  The DA will not change that.  Eventually kids get old enough to decide what they want to do with their time and the drop out rate in sports for girls is much higher than it is for boy and always has been the DA is not trying to fix that.  But I am all compete and free market and you seem to be all participate and let them play with their friends.  So really seems like you are only conservative until being so actually affects you.  But please do explain the liveral concept of the DA because I am sure it's brilliant.  Oh and for the record when you start to see liberal vs conservative in everything, time to cut of the news and talk radio
That's actually pretty good right there.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/05/17, 04:26 pm

BigboyBentley wrote:Change is good it will bring out the best in all.of us....the DA will change the game in NTX.
Will? It already has.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 11/05/17, 04:29 pm

It's going to be fantastic seeing the landscape change in a positive way.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/05/17, 04:36 pm

BigboyBentley wrote:It's going to be fantastic seeing the landscape change in a positive way.
That's what we will see

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 11/05/17, 04:37 pm

Keep up posted Keeper Commander

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/05/17, 06:16 pm

Shonuff!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 11/05/17, 08:54 pm

My comment about DA being liberal minded is Liberals like to tell the mass population what is good for them and how things should be done. With DA dictating what the girls can/can't do with regards to having activities outside of DA. At least with ECNL, the girls have choices and can still get to USWNT just like Mal Pugh.. She didn't need DA to get to the top.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/05/17, 09:31 pm

But she did play at the top level available to her at the time.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/05/17, 09:36 pm

Are we going to get into fights about her emails too.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 11/05/17, 10:16 pm

TxFutbal wrote:My comment about DA being liberal minded is Liberals like to tell the mass population what is good for them and how things should be done.  With DA dictating what the girls can/can't do with regards to having activities outside of DA.  At least with ECNL, the girls have choices and can still get to USWNT just like Mal Pugh..  She didn't need DA to get to the top.

Coo coo!
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/05/17, 10:19 pm

TxFutbal wrote:My comment about DA being liberal minded is Liberals like to tell the mass population what is good for them and how things should be done.  With DA dictating what the girls can/can't do with regards to having activities outside of DA.  At least with ECNL, the girls have choices and can still get to USWNT just like Mal Pugh..  She didn't need DA to get to the top.
They are not telling you what to do. They are telling you what they are doing and you can either do it or not do it.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/05/17, 10:50 pm

Ummm ... surely this was a joke ^ ?

Or ... possibly an attempt to take over the forum court jester position?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 12/05/17, 07:48 am

Bbb won't give up the jester job without a fight.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 12/05/17, 09:25 pm

I think it's all a conspiracy.
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next