North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Fever 04 Penn Team Disbanded - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Fever 04 Penn Team Disbanded

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fever 04 Penn Team Disbanded - Page 3 Empty Re: Fever 04 Penn Team Disbanded

Post by soccertard 26/05/17, 11:12 am

Can anyone provide a screenshot of text message between them and Penn or them and Constance? I'll take photoshoped screenshots as well. Sho?

soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 26/05/17, 11:16 am

Bodhisattva wrote:"From Unity, Strength"

Unity? Strength?  You have been reading too much Trump twitters.  I would say Build A Wall.

...and bring more popcorns while you are at it.....this movie is good, y'all Twisted Evil .

So, what did practice-hopping Brian say about Ken and the other guy who sold something, which got Tasha so worked up on D2 byes?..... Shocked
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 26/05/17, 11:20 am

soccertard wrote:Can anyone provide a screenshot of text message between them and Penn or them and Constance?  I'll take photoshoped screenshots as well.  Sho?

Tard, there are indeed paper trails; you just have to talk to the right people... Evil or Very Mad

I thought House of Cards Season 5 doesn't come out until May 30th??

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/05/17, 11:46 am

More cow bell.

Back to top Go down

Post by bandito974 26/05/17, 11:50 am

Its all Fun and games until That team formerly known as Rigsby snakes another bye

bandito974
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 26/05/17, 12:19 pm

Absolutely sucks for the disbanded parents that cared about keeping the group together...BUT, maybe Fever will get a solid group of 14 unicorns.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulie Walnuts 26/05/17, 12:26 pm

go99 wrote:Wait whats Fever? scratch

Seems like a lot of drama for the new D4

D4??? More like D5. LH is now the new Plano. Plano is now very expensive rec. This is the new pecking order.

DA
ECNL
TCL
LHD1
LHD2
LHD3

The good news is the parents can keep plugging in the money to the machine thinking their kids are moving up based on the new leagues lol!

Paulie Walnuts
Paulie Walnuts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/05/17, 12:32 pm

bandito974 wrote:Its all Fun and games until That team formerly known as Rigsby snakes another bye

DO TELL...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 26/05/17, 12:58 pm

Bringing out some "first time posters" while keeping the thread alive. #overachieving...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 26/05/17, 02:05 pm

Paulie Walnuts wrote:

D4??? More like D5. LH is now the new Plano. Plano is now very expensive rec. This is the new pecking order.

DA
ECNL
TCL
LHD1
LHD2
LHD3

The good news is the parents can keep plugging in the money to the machine thinking their kids are moving up based on the new leagues   lol!

Say word son...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 26/05/17, 02:35 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:More cow bell.
It's the only RX that will help.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 26/05/17, 03:38 pm

Paulie Walnuts wrote:

DA
ECNL
TCL
LHD1
LHD2
LHD3

The good news is the parents can keep plugging in the money to the machine thinking their kids are moving up based on the new leagues   lol!

D4-1/2. Considering TCL was half a league this year.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by giacamo 26/05/17, 04:03 pm

poobaby_02 wrote:
giacamo wrote:
poobaby_02 wrote:
giacamo wrote:Looking for some advice as this is my first go around in LHGCL and would appreciate any feedback on what our options are.

My daughter played on the Fever 04 Penn team in LHGCL D2. We finished in tenth place and played the top teams well, beating or tying most of the top 5 teams.  We finished in 10th, but were only 11 points out of 1st place. So we secured the bye for next year.

This past weekend, the team won a tournament, posed with the trophy and all seemed good.  As a mom on this team, I saw nothing but great parents committed to their kids' success. So everything was going great. We thought.

On Tuesday, the coach sent out a letter which said he was disbanding the team because he did not trust the parents intentions.  Sure, a couple girls asked for releases because they thought they were too good for D2, but far from a mutiny.Heck, we had guest players out that were apparently offered positions on the team this weekend.  Overall a great group that intended to stay together.

We found out yesterday that Fever had been actively negotiating with other teams to bring their entire roster over to take our D2 spot.  We were all told that we could play for the NPL Fever Team, but apparently, we have to find another LHGCL team.

So my questions are:

1) Can they do this and does LHGCL condone this?

2) Do we as parents have any recourse? Some have suggested keeping the core together, hiring a new coach and going independent.  Is that an option?

Questions for you giacamo, how many of your "team mates" were consistently coming to practice before the team was disbanded?  Did you still have a team or had your "friends" already taken their DD out shopping for other teams and left the rest of you holding the bag?? Maybe just 1 or 3...no, more like 5-6....  Did they not invite you to go to practice hopping?  Would you rather this happened on June 30th or early enough to give you a chance to find a team?  I've had it happen in late June...NOT FUN AT ALL.  I am sure they will all say "I was planning to stay until Coach Penn sent the letter".  I call BS!!  The writing was on the wall, it was just not fun to read it out loud.  

Well you quickly demonstrated two things:

1) You are a fool!  If I was "practice hopping" why would I come on here looking for advice on how to keep a team together that got blind sided by their coach/club? I had actually refused offers for my daughter to guest play on other teams out of loyalty and respect for this guy.

2) You have some inside information that I do not. You must be very close to the coach when he tells you who is asking for releases.

Yes, some girls were chronically absent from practice and some of them were never penalized, played the entire game and the coach never addressed it, his fault.  We could live with it.

Yes, only 7-8 came to practice on Monday.  Remember we played 5 or 6 games Sat and Sunday. The girls were exhausted. Most coaches reward them with a day off.  This guy acted like a child and makes excuses for why they ditched the team.

Do you think he owed us at least one parent meeting to tell us about the problems he was having?  You saw the "writing on the wall" we did not.  We also would have liked a face to face meeting and not a disbanding via e mail.

Next time slow down and read out loud for comprehension before responding.  

1/  Where did I say YOU were practice hopping?  Maybe a little ticked off that you were not aware that your teammates did not share the same sense of loyalty.  Some were public about leaving and others were on their way out.  Either way, half or more of your roster was plotting and the rest of you were unaware and thought everything was just fine.  You are not the first team to have this happen in May/June...and you won't be the last.  So like I said, would you rather it happen the week before signing day or give you some time to make decisions about your DD?

2/  Where did I say anything about players asking for releases???  I didn't.

Now I completely agree, a parent meeting would have been a far better approach than writing a letter.  Just like calling North Texas Soccer to discuss the options would have been a far better approach than asking a bunch of parents on a soccer forum.  But hey, mission accomplished, the NTX soccer forum is now informed.

Sorry, been busy at work today and just catching up. I slowed down and read the post again as you requested:

Re: 1) You asked me if my friends on the team asked me to go "practice hopping". I replied No.

Re: 2) You notified the forum that my daughter was guest playing with a certain team this weekend; I had to get a release from the coach. Nobody else on the team was aware of this, thus, you had the inside info.

I am glad we agree that the coach handled this poorly. An apology from him and the owner to the team would do wonders for the club and for the coach's career, but I won't hold my breath on that.

giacamo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by giacamo 26/05/17, 04:08 pm

Paulie Walnuts wrote:

DA
ECNL
TCL
LHD1
LHD2
LHD3

Serious question: Where would you rank NPL in this list....I am guessing just above or below LHD2?

giacamo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 26/05/17, 04:30 pm

giacamo wrote:
Paulie Walnuts wrote:

DA
ECNL
TCL
LHD1
LHD2
LHD3

Serious question: Where would you rank NPL in this list....I am guessing just above or below LHD2?

"Asking for a friend..."

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by beapp74 26/05/17, 04:41 pm

giacamo wrote:
poobaby_02 wrote:
giacamo wrote:
poobaby_02 wrote:
giacamo wrote:Looking for some advice as this is my first go around in LHGCL and would appreciate any feedback on what our options are.

My daughter played on the Fever 04 Penn team in LHGCL D2. We finished in tenth place and played the top teams well, beating or tying most of the top 5 teams.  We finished in 10th, but were only 11 points out of 1st place. So we secured the bye for next year.

This past weekend, the team won a tournament, posed with the trophy and all seemed good.  As a mom on this team, I saw nothing but great parents committed to their kids' success. So everything was going great. We thought.

On Tuesday, the coach sent out a letter which said he was disbanding the team because he did not trust the parents intentions.  Sure, a couple girls asked for releases because they thought they were too good for D2, but far from a mutiny.Heck, we had guest players out that were apparently offered positions on the team this weekend.  Overall a great group that intended to stay together.

We found out yesterday that Fever had been actively negotiating with other teams to bring their entire roster over to take our D2 spot.  We were all told that we could play for the NPL Fever Team, but apparently, we have to find another LHGCL team.

So my questions are:

2) Do we as parents have any recourse? Some have suggested keeping the core together, hiring a new coach and going independent.  Is that an option?

Questions for you giacamo, how many of your "team mates" were consistently coming to practice before the team was disbanded?  Did you still have a team or had your "friends" already taken their DD out shopping for other teams and left the rest of you holding the bag?? Maybe just 1 or 3...no, more like 5-6....  Did they not invite you to go to practice hopping?  Would you rather this happened on June 30th or early enough to give you a chance to find a team?  I've had it happen in late June...NOT FUN AT ALL.  I am sure they will all say "I was planning to stay until Coach Penn sent the letter".  I call BS!!  The writing was on the wall, it was just not fun to read it out loud.  

1) You are a fool!  If I was "practice hopping" why would I come on here looking for advice on how to keep a team together that got blind sided by their coach/club? I had actually refused offers for my daughter to guest play on other teams out of loyalty and respect for this guy.

2) You have some inside information that I do not. You must be very close to the coach when he tells you who is asking for releases.

Yes, some girls were chronically absent from practice and some of them were never penalized, played the entire game and the coach never addressed it, his fault.  We could live with it.

Yes, only 7-8 came to practice on Monday.  Remember we played 5 or 6 games Sat and Sunday. The girls were exhausted. Most coaches reward them with a day off.  This guy acted like a child and makes excuses for why they ditched the team.

Do you think he owed us at least one parent meeting to tell us about the problems he was having?  You saw the "writing on the wall" we did not.  We also would have liked a face to face meeting and not a disbanding via e mail.

1/  Where did I say YOU were practice hopping?  Maybe a little ticked off that you were not aware that your teammates did not share the same sense of loyalty.  Some were public about leaving and others were on their way out.  Either way, half or more of your roster was plotting and the rest of you were unaware and thought everything was just fine.  You are not the first team to have this happen in May/June...and you won't be the last.  So like I said, would you rather it happen the week before signing day or give you some time to make decisions about your DD?

Now I completely agree, a parent meeting would have been a far better approach than writing a letter.  Just like calling North Texas Soccer to discuss the options would have been a far better approach than asking a bunch of parents on a soccer forum.  But hey, mission accomplished, the NTX soccer forum is now informed.

Sorry, been busy at work today and just catching up.  I slowed down and read the post again as you requested:

Re: 1) You asked me if my friends on the team asked me to go "practice hopping". I replied No.

Re: 2) You notified the forum that my daughter was guest playing with a certain team this weekend; I had to get a release from the coach. Nobody else on the team was aware of this, thus, you had the inside info.

I am glad we agree that the coach handled this poorly. An apology from him and the owner to the team would do wonders for the club and for the coach's career, but I won't hold my breath on that.

No doubt coach handled this poorly, and probably had his girlfriend in his ear the whole time. She's the loud mouth you have to watch out for, but I guess now you can see that. Good luck to you and your kiddo, you did nothing wrong by exploring other options.
beapp74
beapp74
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 26/05/17, 04:54 pm

beapp74 wrote:
giacamo wrote:
poobaby_02 wrote:
giacamo wrote:
poobaby_02 wrote:

So my questions are:

Sorry, been busy at work today and just catching up.  I slowed down and read the post again as you requested:

No doubt coach handled this poorly, and probably had his girlfriend in his ear the whole time.  She's the loud mouth you have to watch out for, but I guess now you can see that.  Good luck to you and your kiddo, you did nothing wrong by exploring other options.

....answers the cow bell...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 26/05/17, 06:25 pm

Can we get a few more first time posters on here. Don't think we have heard from all of you yet.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/05/17, 07:01 pm

giacamo wrote:
Paulie Walnuts wrote:

DA
ECNL
TCL
LHD1
LHD2
LHD3

Depends on which NPL you are talking about (for example, TCL is an NPL), but since this thread is about Fever, let's assume you are talking about the new Red River NPL. Fever, NTX Celtic, and Liverpool were the NTX Clubs announced as participants. Go take a look through the U13-U16 Lake Highlands standings and see which division the top teams from Fever, Celtic, and Liverpool are in. That will give you your answer...

Back to top Go down

Post by muzzleflash 26/05/17, 08:44 pm

Those of us that have shown loyalty to Fever have gotten what we deserved. Soccer is a business first. Anything not directly related or aligned with the business objectives, like "player development" is affectation*

*(in my jaded opinion)

muzzleflash
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by YoQuieroSoccer 26/05/17, 10:34 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:Can we get a few more first time posters on here. Don't think we have heard from all of you yet.

Say no more...Wow this thread went 0-100 real quick!! Shocked It's been a while since I had a good read...Keep it going!! Laughing
YoQuieroSoccer
YoQuieroSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 26/05/17, 10:35 pm

Can we get less first time posters please. We have now heard enough.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by giacamo 28/05/17, 09:11 pm

Giacomo, ridden by Mike E. Smith won the 2005 Kentucky Derby in a time of 2:02.75.[4] At odds of 50–1, Giacomo stands as tied, with Mine That Bird in 2009, for the second-biggest longshot ever to win the Derby, trailing only Donerail, who went off at 91–1 in 1913.[5]
Giacomo finished third in the 2005 Preakness Stakes behind the favorite, Afleet Alex. He finished seventh in the 2005 Belmont Stakes, again behind the favored Afleet Alex; Smith said after the race that the horse had breathing problems. Giacomo's owner received a first-place check of $1,639,600 for the victory, the largest in Kentucky Derby history.

giacamo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 28/05/17, 09:31 pm

Can we get less 17 time posters too.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by giacamo 28/05/17, 10:35 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:Can we get less 17 time posters too.

Sure, buddy. It's all yours.

My mission is accomplished.

giacamo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/05/17, 08:30 am

giacamo wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:Can we get less 17 time posters too.

Sure, buddy. It's all yours.

My mission is accomplished.
But hey congrats on the Kentucky Derby.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next