North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Garland Soccer Lawsuit Successful David Arciniega Ousted! Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Garland Soccer Lawsuit Successful David Arciniega Ousted!

Go down

Garland Soccer Lawsuit Successful David Arciniega Ousted! Empty Garland Soccer Lawsuit Successful David Arciniega Ousted!

Post by Soapboxmom 26/05/17, 09:21 am

Garland Soccer Lawsuit Successful David Arciniega Ousted!

David Arciniega received 10 votes. Rachel Beltran took the president’s seat with 20 votes.

Treasurer, Sam Perry, withdrew his name from the ballot. Jesse Flores was voted in from the floor.

A newer member, Laura, successfully defeated Erick Quintana for the position of Publicity and Awards Director. Erick Quintana signed a No Confidence Petition against me because I supported a more qualified candidate opposing David Arciniega for president in 2013. I have filed complaints about this blatant harassment and election tampering that have yet to be heard. I expect Erick Quintana to be suspended from all soccer activities due to this. I passed out copies of the egregious petition filed against me and spoke out in support of free and fair elections going forward at the meeting.

The positions of Facility and Equipment Director and Special Events and Training Director went unfilled as Don Starkey had announced his departure at the beginning of the season, and Terry Walser withdrew his name from the ballot at the election.

Rosemary Martinez, who provided excellent customer service for years, has left. Gayle Brandt is also leaving.

The settlement announcement was shared with the coaches:
Announcement
Heather Dobrott and the Garland Soccer Association and David Arciniega announce that all matters in controversy between them in the lawsuit filed by Dobrott against the Association and Arciniega have been compromised and settled. No payment of damages was made to Dobrott as that was not the purpose of her lawsuit. Further, Dobrott did not receive full reimbursement of her attorneys’ fees incurred as part of the lawsuit. As part of the settlement, a contribution to the Garland Soccer Association Scholarship Fund will be made in Dobrott’s name. The parties have agreed in their settlement to confer and discuss the issues raised by Dobrott in the lawsuit and to work together toward a betterment of the Garland Soccer Association and the children it serves.

I have been in contact with USSF’s legal department and will file a national grievance against any administrators and/or NTSSA if the issues I have raised are not fully investigated, heard and handled as the by-laws dictate. I will continue to work tirelessly until there is transparency and full accountability in North Texas State Soccer.

It is imperative that all member associations do their due diligence on all prospective candidates for the North Texas State Soccer Association board and see that David Arciniega, Larry Hall and the others who have been wreaking havoc are voted out. It is high time NTSSA follow its own by-laws and handles grievances and appeals promptly instead of sweeping them under the rug.

Soapboxmom
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Garland Soccer Lawsuit Successful David Arciniega Ousted! Empty Re: Garland Soccer Lawsuit Successful David Arciniega Ousted!

Post by wazup 26/05/17, 09:51 am

How much did YOU make in the settlement? (Total amounts paid out and to whom?)

Were these amounts paid from insurance as you insisted they would?

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Garland Soccer Lawsuit Successful David Arciniega Ousted! Empty Re: Garland Soccer Lawsuit Successful David Arciniega Ousted!

Post by Soapboxmom 26/05/17, 10:11 am

I did not see a dime.  Most of my attorney fees were reimbursed in the settlement as stated in the court docs.  I was winning every round in court, but if I had gone forward and won, it would have bankrupted GSA.  David Arciniega had already foolishly spent thousands on the North Texas attorney when they could have gotten a free attorney from the insurance from day 1.

David Arciniega and NTSSA had a courtesy copy of the suit in hand before I filed and Arciniega foolishly decided to fight me in court instead of working to solve the many serious financial issues, by-law violations and safety issues in Garland.  

There is no confidentiality agreement as I refused to include that in the settlement.  Everything is clearly spelled out in the announcement, so that all questions should be answered.  

No payment of damages was made to Dobrott as that was not the purpose of her lawsuit. Further, Dobrott did not receive full reimbursement of her attorneys’ fees incurred as part of the lawsuit.
At the meeting last night longtime president, Butch Stokes, talked about how the numbers had plummeted from his high of 4500 to today's less than 2000.
Soapboxmom
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 26/05/17, 12:48 pm

How would that have bankrupted GSA. You swore up and down that it would all be covered via their insurance. What happened? It's ok, you can admit you lied. We all know that was indeed the case and you wanted $. Does your attorney offer you a discounted fee schedule given all of the civil lawsuits / money grabs that you provide?

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom 26/05/17, 01:12 pm

I never lied.  GSA has good insurance with Pullen.  I settled as I had gone into the suit to get problems resolved and vowed not to take money from the program and harm the kids.  

I only agreed to settle with them because I did not want to take money from the program and they were willing to meet my terms.  GSA's president, David Arciniega, was the one who apparently was so anxious to have a public fight.  The insurance is in control as they are paying the bills.  So, David Arciniega and Garland Soccer likely only had the option to go forward if they were willing to foot the bill for a case they were sure to lose.  All of the attorneys including the one from the insurance company proper shared information and I did what was best for the kids in Garland Soccer period.  

I have been sued 3 times.  In the first two cases I won or was out in round one.  When I won the insurance settled after my Summary Judgment win even though I wanted to fight for sanctions.  The insurance is in charge.  End of story.  

I have never filed any suit for the purpose of personal gain.  I have filed suits to accomplish needed changes.  There are much easier ways to make money than fighting complicated litigation.  But, then only someone who reads the actual court docs would see that.
Soapboxmom
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 26/05/17, 01:50 pm

Soapboxmom wrote:  So, David Arciniega and Garland Soccer likely only had the option to go forward if they were willing to foot the bill for a case they were sure to lose.

That key word in there... likely. So, you don't know. You just assume. Who paid your attorneys fees? GSA or Pullen?

I still don't see the reason why you decided to make this a public fight with an individual. Unless you were trying to bully them into a settlement / $. I believe the more likely scenario is, you realize you would not see your $100K you demanded and decided to settle. Out of curiosity, what changes have occurred since you "won". He lost in a public vote which from the sounds of it, would have happened anyways. How did you win? The bylaws have not changed. Are they still using Jevin? Did they get their money back from Jevin? Did David A lose anything from this other than a non paid role? No need to answer as these are all rhetorical questions. Apologies to the rest of the forum for adding to this post and not letting this whole saga die.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom 26/05/17, 02:17 pm

GSA asked to settle.  Why would the by-laws have changed? The point was that in the past the by-laws were not followed.  Substantial change is in progress.  Contact the new president and get the facts.  

I have been discussing the history of North Texas Soccer with a longtime former member of NTSSA's board that may write a book. The chapter on scandal and corruption might rival Gone With the Wind.
Soapboxmom
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 26/05/17, 04:00 pm

Soapboxmom wrote: I have been discussing the history of North Texas Soccer with a longtime former member of NTSSA's board that may write a book. The chapter on scandal and corruption might rival Gone With the Wind.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 26/05/17, 08:46 pm

These people are just jealous. They have always dreamed of suing their rec association in order to have a donation made in their name to said rec association.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 27/05/17, 07:54 am

I wonder what the "Real" FakeSoapBoxMom has to say about this?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom 30/05/17, 10:58 am

SOCCERGLAMMY wrote:It was never about the money and before you start ridiculing her, maybe you should have asked questions from the thousands of families that have been hurt by that organization.

All but 2 board members were corrupt and have been voted out or quit as of last week thanks to Soapboxmom going out of her way to make sure that the facts were known of the fraud, racism, and corruption at Garland Soccer Association.

Many think of youth sports as being a sanctuary whereas fraud, racism and corruption cannot penetrate, but they often reflect what is actually going on in our society. There seems to be a broad agreement among many parents and Coaches that report this kind of activity as it is increasing at an alarming rate but never dealt with and the accused continue until someone is hurt and usually it is the kids.

All elected Board members are critical to not only the safety of our kids, but the future of our soccer community and they earn the Coaches trust and confidence to not only run in the elections but to continue to hold the position that they have been voted in to perform. Each Board Member should be held accountable to their designated area and successful major milestones one after another. The process of navigating through last-minute changes and requirements, undocumented processes, aging technology, child safety and free from any form of corruption must be addressed and eliminated immediately.  Each Board member should successfully execute and solidify their understanding and execution of the bylaws and procedures highlighting opportunities for improvement to the organization and mitigate all risks of corruption, theft, prejudice and discrimination to any and all members relative to any Soccer Association.

The parents, Coaches and players have had enough and each of those individuals were voted out this last week in the election. Now we can rebuild GSA back to the organization that it once was, when it was all about the kids. Hope to see each and every one of you at future elections to participate in eliminating youth sports corruption vs ridiculing someone who did stand up and fight for the kids.
Soapboxmom
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 30/05/17, 11:22 am

Did you break your arm patting yourself on the back?

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanial Hörnblowér 30/05/17, 11:25 am

I guess his attorney forgot to include SEO play in the terms of the settlement. It's the only explanation for you continuing to use his full name multiple times in every single god forsaken post.

Nathanial Hörnblowér
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom 31/07/17, 05:05 pm

David Arciniega was ousted from the NTSSA board as well. I expect NTSSA to be totally transparent and function like a legitimate charity that actually follows its own by-laws going forward.
Soapboxmom
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanial Hörnblowér 31/07/17, 05:20 pm

Wow, you only used his name once! Congrats on your newfound restraint. Btw, thanks for including his first name- never would have known who you were talking about otherwise.

Nathanial Hörnblowér
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by setplay 31/07/17, 05:39 pm

Now that the evil DA has been dealt a crippling blow, what's next. Investigating the Clinton foundation, Trumps Russia ties. Don't stop now your on a roll
setplay
setplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/07/17, 10:59 pm

Was he ousted or was he not reelected? Did he run for reelection?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom 10/08/17, 05:12 pm

Arciniega ran and was shocked to be voted out.
Soapboxmom
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/08/17, 06:54 pm

Now that this is over you can go away.

Please, for the love of Pete, just go away.

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 11/08/17, 12:00 am

Soapboxmom wrote:Arciniega ran and was shocked to be voted out.  

You do realize not winning an election is not ousted. More lies and sensationalism. Did he tell you he was shocked? Are y'all friends on Facebook and he posted... I am shocked. I would have gotten away with it had it not been for that meddling soapbox mom right after you pulled his mask off to reveal that he and Dan Ptak are one in the same?

Go make up stuff somewhere else please. I have been guilty of responding to this nonsense a number of times. For that I apologize to all as it just adds more fuel to the train wreck. By the way.... by train wreck, I meant you and your vendetta.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom 11/08/17, 09:19 am

Speaking out about obvious problems and flagrant violations of by-laws and state laws in an organization does not equate in any way to a vendetta.  Of course, those that are in the leadership and have been going on lavish trips and enjoying parties on the dime of the soccer families across the state want to have free reign to enjoy these perks without any accountability.  

There is a history of NTSSA in the works by someone involved for decades......
Soapboxmom
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom 11/08/17, 09:31 am

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/oust

A teacher may oust you from class if you are being disruptive, or you might oust your class president from her position if you beat her in the election. To oust is to “expel,” “kick out,” or “remove and replace.”

When you oust someone, you are “giving them the boot.” A sports team is ousted from a tournament if they lose an elimination round. Oust often implies both removal and replacement. The automobile, for instance, ousted the horse as the preferred means of travel. Likewise, when a politician ousts someone from office they are taking that person’s place in office. And if you beat the all-time record in a hot-dog eating tournament, then you oust the previous record holder from their position.
Think you know oust? Quiz yourself:
ASSESSMENT: 100 POINTS
oust means to:
throw out
rip off
sweep up
come before
Thesaurus Share It
Definitions of oust
v
remove from a position or office
“The chairman was ousted after he misappropriated funds”

Synonyms:
   boot out, drum out, expel, kick out, throw out

Types:
   excommunicate
   oust or exclude from a group or membership by decree
   depose, Dribble out
   Dribble to leave (an office)
   bring down, overthrow, overturn, subvert
   cause the downfall of; of rulers

Type of:
   remove
   remove from a position or an office

v
remove and replace
“The word processor has ousted the typewriter”

Type of:
   replace, supercede, supersede, supervene upon, supplant
   take the place or move into the position of

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/ousted

oust
[oust]
 Synonyms
   Examples
   Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
verb (used with object)
to expel or remove from a place or position occupied:
The bouncer ousted the drunk; to oust the prime minister in the next election.
Law. to eject or evict; dispossess.
Soapboxmom
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/08/17, 02:05 pm

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. ... If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement".

-- Wild Bill

PS - you should enjoy more cigars

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom 06/11/18, 08:40 pm

Jail Records Search Detail
Skip to Main Content Logout My Account Search Menu New Jail Search Refine Search Back
Help
Booking #: 2018-BK-15736 Allen Police Department
Facility: Booked: 10/25/2018 Released: 10/30/2018
Name Ptak, Daniel Ervin Desc White Male 5' 11" 200 lbs
Alias Hair Brown
SO # 363615 Eyes Brown
DOB 10/30/1963
Address 1223 Ashford LN
Allen, TX 75002
Warrant # Charge Issuing Auth Offense Date Bond/Type Fine/Crt Costs Disposition
1810633CF GRAND THEFT - ENGAGING IN MONEY SERVICES BUSINESS WITHOUT A LICENSE SO Pinellas Co Florida
Released to Other Charge
401-05682-2018 FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE SO Collin Co
Any bond
Surety Bond
Soapboxmom
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom 09/11/18, 05:35 pm

David Arciniega's buddy, who he happily risked tens of thousands of dollars of Garland Soccer's money with (despite 30 leagues getting late payments or being stiffed to the tune of half a million,) was arrested. THE EVIL EMPIRE "Duuh Duuh da da da Duuh Duuh da da da Duuh Duuh's Dan Ptak has been charged with felony grand theft in Florida:

Jail Records Search Detail
Skip to Main Content Logout My Account Search Menu New Jail Search Refine Search Back
Help
Booking #: 2018-BK-15736 Allen Police Department
Facility: Booked: 10/25/2018 Released: 10/30/2018
Name Ptak, Daniel Ervin Desc White Male 5' 11" 200 lbs
Alias Hair Brown
SO # 363615 Eyes Brown
DOB 10/30/1963
Address 1223 Ashford LN
Allen, TX 75002
Warrant # Charge Issuing Auth Offense Date Bond/Type Fine/Crt Costs Disposition
1810633CF GRAND THEFT - ENGAGING IN MONEY SERVICES BUSINESS WITHOUT A LICENSE SO Pinellas Co Florida
Released to Other Charge
401-05682-2018 FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE SO Collin Co
Any bond
Surety Bond
Soapboxmom
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down