North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 TryoutsToday at 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGORToday at 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/GrapevineToday at 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLEToday at 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LH vs FBR Results 07 July 2017 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

LH vs FBR Results 07 July 2017

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LH vs FBR Results 07 July 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: LH vs FBR Results 07 July 2017

Post by Zizou 02/08/17, 08:12 pm

My DD was always rostered on two teams usysa, us club,she never played usysa but was available when and if needed.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

LH vs FBR Results 07 July 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: LH vs FBR Results 07 July 2017

Post by KeeperCommander 02/08/17, 08:33 pm

Always good to have a ghost daughter

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Switchfoot 02/08/17, 09:10 pm

07 parents are a bunch of pansies!! And I have an 07. Quit crying about which player is playing for who and man up and play! pretty sure the results at u10 mean squat! Those that are complaining should tell there coach to sign them up for the silver and bronze divisions in upcoming tournaments. That way little Susie's dad doesn't get his ego bruised when his golden child's team loses.

Switchfoot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 02/08/17, 09:14 pm

Switchfoot wrote:07 parents are a bunch of pansies!! And I have an 07. Quit crying about which player is playing for who and man up and play! pretty sure the results at u10 mean squat! Those that are complaining should tell there coach to sign them up for the silver and bronze divisions in upcoming tournaments. That way little Susie's dad doesn't get his ego bruised when his golden child's team loses.
You have to watch what you say on here now. Smart ass police are watching. Everything has to be topic related.. Who am I kidding. Carry On.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/17, 10:45 pm

I have no issue with Solar dividing their top girls out amongst their teams with the hopes of making D1. Multiple people have said they will be playing with these teams all season. Good for them, more touches for them. I do however feel sorry for the parents who had no clue they would be getting guests (for lack of a better word). Many parents had no clue until they showed up at King Tut and were quite irritated when there were 7 girls sitting on the bench. Not as much playing time for the girls actually on the team. Some have even made the comment that they wouldn't have signed with the team had they known their roster would be so large. I guess you live and you learn. I welcome the competition and am looking forward to seeing the girls in action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Justbecause2016 03/08/17, 04:28 am

Aftershock wrote:I have no issue with Solar dividing their top girls out amongst their teams with the hopes of making D1. Multiple people have said they will be playing with these teams all season. Good for them, more touches for them. I do however feel sorry for the parents who had no clue they would be getting guests (for lack of a better word). Many parents had no clue until they showed up at King Tut and were quite irritated when there were 7 girls sitting on the bench. Not as much playing time for the girls actually on the team. Some have even made the comment that they wouldn't have signed with the team had they known their roster would be so large. I guess you live and you learn. I welcome the competition and am looking forward to seeing the girls in action.

Tell the parents that say they wouldn't have signed to get a release. Easy enough to do. Just fill out the paper and do it. If they sit the bench the whole time as they say then the coach will be more then happy to let them go.
Put up or shut up! Stop your crying! That's what I tell parents who complain their kid rides the pine.

Justbecause2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07soccerdad 03/08/17, 07:02 am

Justbecause2016 wrote:
Aftershock wrote:I have no issue with Solar dividing their top girls out amongst their teams with the hopes of making D1. Multiple people have said they will be playing with these teams all season. Good for them, more touches for them. I do however feel sorry for the parents who had no clue they would be getting guests (for lack of a better word). Many parents had no clue until they showed up at King Tut and were quite irritated when there were 7 girls sitting on the bench. Not as much playing time for the girls actually on the team. Some have even made the comment that they wouldn't have signed with the team had they known their roster would be so large. I guess you live and you learn. I welcome the competition and am looking forward to seeing the girls in action.

Tell the parents that say they wouldn't have signed to get a release. Easy enough to do. Just fill out the paper and do it. If they sit the bench the whole time as they say then the coach will be more then happy to let them go.
Put up or shut up! Stop your crying! That's what I tell parents who complain their kid rides the pine.

I'm sure some would do so if their dues were refunded..

07soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 03/08/17, 07:43 am

So sad that we have reached a point where the answer to a coach bringing in guests and screwing over paying players (the ol' "bait and switch") is "stop whining and shut up or pay your dues and get a release".

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashDavis 03/08/17, 10:29 am

What "bait and switch?" I have a daughter on one of the Solar teams that benefited from talent from Solar Colvin. The contract I signed doesn't guarantee playing time, roster size, league affiliation, no "guest" players, or any of the other things that people are complaining about on this thread. I agreed to pay the dues for affiliation with the club, and that is what all of you agreed to as well. It doesn't say that you can get a refund if you don't like how things are being run. No bait and switch. That is what the contract said when I signed it, and that is what it says now.

Furthermore, I don't feel victimized by this move. By choosing to spread the players from their top team around to their sister teams, Solar was able to get 6 teams qualified in D1. That means that those 6 teams (some of them at least and my DDs team for sure) will get to play against tougher competition than they otherwise would have, and thus have the opportunity to get better. Pretty smart move, and I for one am thrilled to have my DD in D1 rather than in D3.
CrashDavis
CrashDavis
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermomtx 03/08/17, 10:39 am

CrashDavis wrote:What "bait and switch?"  I have a daughter on one of the Solar teams that benefited from talent from Solar Colvin.  The contract I signed doesn't guarantee playing time, roster size, league affiliation, no "guest" players, or any of the other things that people are complaining about on this thread.  I agreed to pay the dues for affiliation with the club, and that is what all of you agreed to as well.  It doesn't say that you can get a refund if you don't like how things are being run.  No bait and switch.  That is what the contract said when I signed it, and that is what it says now.

Furthermore, I don't feel victimized by this move.  By choosing to spread the players from their top team around to their sister teams, Solar was able to get 6 teams qualified in D1.  That means that those 6 teams (some of them at least and my DDs team for sure) will get to play against tougher competition than they otherwise would have, and thus have the opportunity to get better.  Pretty smart move, and I for one am thrilled to have my DD in D1 rather than in D3.  

As a parent, I would have a problem with these "guest" players if it wasn't made clear before signing that they would be used in games/tournaments in place of paying customers. I would especially be annoyed if my daughter was sitting on the bench while these players were "helping" the team. Are these players going to be used in the league games? How fair is that to the teams who made it on their own and have no place from which to pull "elite" players. I think it is high time that LH revisit and revise some of these rules that so clearly are biased towards the big clubs.

soccermomtx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by planogirl 03/08/17, 10:46 am

CrashDavis wrote:What "bait and switch?"  I have a daughter on one of the Solar teams that benefited from talent from Solar Colvin.  The contract I signed doesn't guarantee playing time, roster size, league affiliation, no "guest" players, or any of the other things that people are complaining about on this thread.  I agreed to pay the dues for affiliation with the club, and that is what all of you agreed to as well.  It doesn't say that you can get a refund if you don't like how things are being run.  No bait and switch.  That is what the contract said when I signed it, and that is what it says now.

Good explanation Coach.

Please refund me and release me.

And where is the "Consumer Protection" here?

planogirl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 03/08/17, 10:56 am

As a non-Solar parent, to me, it comes down to whether the SRSA players are going to consistently play with the LH teams in league play (barring legitimate conflicts with SRSA's schedule).  If so, fine.  I don't think it's good for the SRSA players and takes away from those needing the PT and touches, but be that as it may, it's the team that qualified and the only ones with the right to gripe are those with Solar DDs riding the bench.  But what's more likely is that the SRSA players will only show up for the big matches or to save the teams in March and April from relegation.  If that's the case, then all Solar has accomplished is gobbling up D1 spots (I'd say 2 spots) for teams that are better suited for D3.    

*The real focus should be when Solar starts to CPP the SRSA players when Solar teams are matched against the very top teams.  Then those top teams will essentially being playing teams made up of 4-6 SRSA players.  Welcome to select.  And you thought guest playing was over...

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by centre 03/08/17, 11:23 am

My squad played every Solar team this spring except for Barnett and Kennington. Quiroz definitely got a boost from the SRSA girls, and I'm glad they did. Our team qualified for D1 with the idea that we would be playing the strongest teams and players in the age group. If the SRSA girls don't come back out for LH, we're not playing against the strongest lineup. We're not a team that will be using club pass, but I don't have a problem with those who do. At some point you just have to beat people.

I understand that some Quiroz parents might be disappointed if this was a surprise. Fair enough. But my experience has been that it doesn't matter how clearly and how many times you tell parents something, some will still complain (mine certainly do). Playing in D1 will benefit the Quiroz girls with or without the SRSA players. The ideal situation for development would be to have the SRSA girls train with kids they're playing with. I'd probably push for that if I was a Quiroz parent.

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 03/08/17, 11:25 am

planogirl wrote:

Good explanation Coach.

PG!!! Oh how we've missed you! Welcome back!
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 03/08/17, 11:31 am

centre wrote:My squad played every Solar team this spring except for Barnett and Kennington. Quiroz definitely got a boost from the SRSA girls, and I'm glad they did. Our team qualified for D1 with the idea that we would be playing the strongest teams and players in the age group. If the SRSA girls don't come back out for LH, we're not playing against the strongest lineup. We're not a team that will be using club pass, but I don't have a problem with those who do. At some point you just have to beat people.

I understand that some Quiroz parents might be disappointed if this was a surprise. Fair enough. But my experience has been that it doesn't matter how clearly and how many times you tell parents something, some will still complain (mine certainly do). Playing in D1 will benefit the Quiroz girls with or without the SRSA players. The ideal situation for development would be to have the SRSA girls train with kids they're playing with. I'd probably push for that if I was a Quiroz parent.

Well put - if Quiroz does not use the SRSA players in league play, then the other teams are not playing the strongest teams and players in the age group, and the team Quiroz screwed out of a spot would have provided better competition (and opportunity for those girls to play against better competition).

If the SRSA players are only showing for games and not practicing with Quiroz, I don't see how that benefits any players.  Certainly no developmental benefit having players helicopter in to take playing time away from those actually practicing (and paying) for the team.  You could maybe argue a small upside for those Quiroz players getting play time with the SRSA players - huge downside for those watching from the bench.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/08/17, 12:16 pm

It's about money. It's not unique to the 07's. Use a handful of real players to prop up fake teams. Interesting thing about fake teams, they pay real money to be there. You prop up 2 teams per age group and that puts you in the neighborhood of $100,000 per age group. Multiply that by 3 or 4 or more age groups and you're starting to have real money. Now you can afford to pay a couple of Coaches in excess of $170,000 per year for children's soccer. When you look at the big picture within that Club and see that 2 people are gobbling up 25-35% of that club's annual gross revenue (depends on the year), you come to the logical conclusion of.......it's about money.
Having said all that, I personally know some great people, Coaches, parents and kids at Solar, but none of them have anything to do with fake teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Disposessed 03/08/17, 12:21 pm

Furthermore, I don't feel victimized by this move.  By choosing to spread the players from their top team around to their sister teams, Solar was able to get 6 teams qualified in D1.  That means that those 6 teams (some of them at least and my DDs team for sure) will get to play against tougher competition than they otherwise would have, and thus have the opportunity to get better.  Pretty smart move, and I for one am thrilled to have my DD in D1 rather than in D3.  

Nobody is disputing contracts.  What about decency, morality and the pretension of development?  Guess you had no problem with "If you like your doctor..."

Disposessed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 03/08/17, 12:27 pm

Disposessed wrote:

Nobody is disputing contracts.  What about decency, morality and the pretension of development?  Guess you had no problem with "If you like your doctor..."

the ends justify the means

the "opportunity" for Solar teams to play against tougher competition than they otherwise would have comes at a price - one that crash and centre clearly don't seem to care about

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashDavis 03/08/17, 12:48 pm

planogirl wrote:

Good explanation Coach.

Its called a contract. You signed it, so you're stuck with it. If you didn't want to be bound by the terms of the contract, then you shouldn't have signed it, that is the "consumer protection." No one put a gun to your head and made you sign it. If you don't like it, there is always next year. And, this club pass, guest player, whatever you call it happens every year at every level. Its not a new thing.
CrashDavis
CrashDavis
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashDavis 03/08/17, 12:52 pm

Disposessed wrote:

"Decency," "morality," really! I bet you have a hard time in real life. Name one rule that was broken! These Solar teams saw an opportunity, took it, and were successful. Less successful people always hate success. Just go out there and be more successful and quit whining about someone else's success.
CrashDavis
CrashDavis
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 03/08/17, 01:07 pm

CrashDavis wrote:
Disposessed wrote:

"Decency," "morality," really!  I bet you have a hard time in real life.  Name one rule that was broken!  These Solar teams saw an opportunity, took it, and were successful.  Less successful people always hate success.  Just go out there and be more successful and quit whining about someone else's success.

CrashDavis - first in line to screw a 10-year-old

and PROUD of it

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 03/08/17, 01:16 pm

CrashDavis wrote:
Disposessed wrote:

"Decency," "morality," really!  I bet you have a hard time in real life.  Name one rule that was broken!  These Solar teams saw an opportunity, took it, and were successful.  Less successful people always hate success.  Just go out there and be more successful and quit whining about someone else's success.

The mooch is in the house! New alias is crash Davis. Couldn't turn the WH around but is not afraid of the soccer board.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashDavis 03/08/17, 01:55 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
CrashDavis wrote:
Disposessed wrote:

CrashDavis - first in line to screw a 10-year-old

and PROUD of it

Hey my DD is the supposed "victim" of this evil Solar scheme. Again, were there rules broken? Did the rules apply to everyone equally? Again, I am having a hard time putting my finger on how adding one or two players "screws" a 10 year old. I was on the sidelines for Tut as well as the QT, and I didn't really hear any complaining. Especially when we pushed through to D1.
CrashDavis
CrashDavis
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 03/08/17, 02:00 pm

It's not all about you, douchbag

If you take the time to scroll up to my 12:31 post, plenty of 10-year-olds could be impacted.

But I understand - everything is fair if no rules were broken. Mad

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashDavis 03/08/17, 02:10 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:It's not all about you, douchbag

If you take the time to scroll up to my 12:31 post, plenty of 10-year-olds could be impacted.

But I understand - everything is fair if no rules were broken.  Mad

You poor, snowflake! I can see you have really been injured by all of this. I suggest you find a league where everything is rainbows and unicorn farts and every little darling gets that participation trophy. And yeah, when you google "fair" the first definition that comes up is "in accordance with the rules and regulations."
CrashDavis
CrashDavis
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermomtx 03/08/17, 02:20 pm

CrashDavis wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:It's not all about you, douchbag

But I understand - everything is fair if no rules were broken.  Mad

You poor, snowflake!  I can see you have really been injured by all of this.  I suggest you find a league where everything is rainbows and unicorn farts and every little darling gets that participation trophy.  And yeah, when you google "fair" the first definition that comes up is "in accordance with the rules and regulations."

It really isn't fair if all teams don't have access to these JDL or whatnot "guest" players playing for their team when needed for qualifying, for a big game, or to keep from being relegated.

soccermomtx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next