North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 TryoutsYesterday at 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGORYesterday at 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/GrapevineYesterday at 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLEYesterday at 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL refs - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

LHGCL refs

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LHGCL refs - Page 2 Empty Re: LHGCL refs

Post by DallasMessi 13/10/17, 10:37 am

putting your hands in an unnatural position (to make self bigger) is a deliberate/intentional act and is a hand ball foul, if that is the referee's opinion.

DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 13/10/17, 11:14 am

If you get advantage from "unintentional" handling, I will call it.

Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasMessi 13/10/17, 11:56 pm

I call this making up your own rule.
I would to see you explain that to an assessor.
I guess you are also one of those referees that same foul at midfield isn't a foul in the box...

DM
DallasMessi
DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 14/10/17, 10:50 am

I call this interpretation.
Maybe you didn't notice the " " ?
Exactly what I will and have said to an assessor.
A foul is a foul is a foul.
Maybe you shouldn't assume to know how I call fouls?
It's kind of a "Richard" move.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/10/17, 05:18 pm

The only "interpretation" associated with handling is "deliberate" or "not deliberate". You are making up a law that does not exist and applying it. I wonder how many games you have changed with your made up law?

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 14/10/17, 06:44 pm

Coach wrote:If you get advantage from "unintentional" handling, I will call it.

Legislating from the bench. Do you make up your own restarts too?
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nolanryan 13/08/18, 04:55 pm

I haven't been on the boards for a while but this topic has always been near and dear.  First off, a shout out to Dallas Messi.  I haven't seen you on the boards for a while (maybe because I've been away), but it was good to read your observations.  

I still believe there aren't enough good referees.  My 01 (who just moved to 00 for her senior year) has a referee license and did a nice job when calling competitive games.  It's not easy, but she just tells me she calls what she sees and is focused on safety.  I still see too frequent of an ignorance of fouls by referees.  I saw it last year in '99 games and saw a ridiculous amount last weekend in the Texas Summer Classic.  My younger daughter plays on an 04 Plano team and we entered against 03's that played in LH.  One of the LH teams was a D1 team and they were shoving, pushing from behind and elbowing our girls, who frankly, aren't there yet.  The LH1 team should not have to use dirty tactics against a Plano team. After about the 3rd or 4th violation from the same girl, the referee finally called a foul and came to talk with her.  That is ridiculous.  Call the foul the 1st time.  Call it the 2nd time and provide the player with a yellow and that is how you control the game and keep them safe.  Bummer we had a 0-0 in the middle of the 2nd half, but we ran out of gas and lost 2-0.  It was fun harassing the playground bullies for a while.
nolanryan
nolanryan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rustynail11 14/08/18, 08:18 am

part of the referee problem is they can't keep them because they get treated so poorly. I have a DD in high school and she refs in our local association on weekends when she doesn't have a game. There have been way to many instances where she has had to stop a game because of parents and coaches screaming at her. She had one incident last season where a coach made some very direct derogatory remarks to her several times to the point where as soon as she left the field she was in tears. What makes this worse is that coach was a board member and there was another board member monitoring the game and this happened, as far as I know there was no disciplinary action taken. Oh, and this was a U7 game where they technically don't keep score.

I have an older son who also refs and will work u16/u17 rec games but doesn't want to move on to any of the higher leagues because he is afraid of the way he will get treated.

rustynail11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 14/08/18, 09:51 am

rustynail11 wrote:part of the referee problem is they can't keep them because they get treated so poorly. I have a DD in high school and she refs in our local association on weekends when she doesn't have a game.  There have been way to many instances where she has had to stop a game because of parents and coaches screaming at her.  She had one incident last season where a coach made some very direct derogatory remarks to her several times to the point where as soon as she left the field she was in tears.  What makes this worse is that coach was a board member and there was another board member monitoring the game and this happened, as far as I know there was no disciplinary action taken.  Oh, and this was a U7 game where they technically don't keep score.

I have an older son who also refs and will work u16/u17 rec games but doesn't want to move on to any of the higher leagues because he is afraid of the way he will get treated.

I have a zero tolerance policy and the coaches are informed before the game.
Anyone says anything to me that I take as derogatory or confrontational they are gone.
So go ahead and argue my interpretations.
You will watch the rest of the game from the parking lot.
I wonder how many games I have changed?

Back to top Go down

Post by nolanryan 14/08/18, 09:57 am

Rusty and Coach, fully agree and support it.  My DD had a couple of instances last year in rec. games where the coaches (not the parents) acted like total idiots...in U10 games...because she called handballs.  Our local association has a 0 tolerance policy and the Senior referees (4th) who monitor these games enforce them without any hesitation.  If anyone says anything to the referees other than "good job", it's bye bye.  What some of these coaches and parents need to realize is that we want these kids to move up into the older and more competitive ranks and officiate those games where we really need better reffing.  Many of the referees that are doing those games are unmotivated and recycled employees without too much incentive to do the right job.  It takes work and documentation to book someone, so it's easier to ignore the problem.  That results in risks to our players.
nolanryan
nolanryan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 14/08/18, 12:00 pm

Nolan fancy see you talk about the most wonderful topic. I think their needs to be a balance. My daughter refs as well so I feel the plight of the referee. I think their needs to be a method to communicate with a referee when a call is made that is questionable that accepts that hey I may have made a mistake. I think the I am King of the pitch mentality is what gets coaches parents and players to act up a lot of the time. The ref needs to enforce the laws of the game and maintain safety. The ref should not impact the result of the match. Tried reffing it's not easy lots of calls are missed. So accepting that fact by the man is stripes is sometimes the best approach. Just a thought.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 14/08/18, 12:21 pm

I see both sides. My oldest is a vball ref. Same issues.. My suggestion is instead of the coach trying to have a conversation with the ref about a bad call during the match, why can't the coach pull the ref aside at half time or after the game to discuss? There is not a ref in the world who will reverse a call because a coach questions the call. There is not a ref in the world who show any respect to a coach who is questioning their knowledge of the game in front of the players playing the game and the parents watching the game. To do so would cause the ref to lose control of the game.

Instead.. All the coach needs to politely say is.. "I don't agree with the call but respect your decision. Might we be able to discuss this at half/after the game so I can understand the call and how it applies to the rules of the game?"

Parents are lucky they are not thrown out of the matches more often than they are. When has a ref EVER said to a parent "You're right.. I'm wrong.." In fact, many refs will go out of their way not to call something because a parent is being a butt-tard.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 14/08/18, 12:48 pm

What's up w the schedules. We all agree the refs are weak and are not paid to be professionals.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2