North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Congrats to DT Red FW U19 LH Champs Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Congrats to DT Red FW U19 LH Champs

Go down

Congrats to DT Red FW U19 LH Champs Empty Congrats to DT Red FW U19 LH Champs

Post by dadof3 14/11/17, 11:29 pm

Been quiet on here for the old timers, but I wanted to extend congratulations to this group for winning LH this year. For those who don’t remember or don’t know the history, this group DIDN’T run at the top of D1 for years...they had to go through qualifying a few times (and the heartbreaks of that). They advanced through PPL and lower LH for years, but they earned their levels step by step. It took a long time to get there, but you guys earned it.

Hats off to you!

It has been a good run for many of the teams that just finished their last season together as teams...many have had a core group for 7-8-9 years. Lots of hard fought games and rivalries from season to season. I have watched my dd battle it out with y’all, Ferretti, Solar Andro, DT North, Sting (R) Parker, FCDE, FCD Red, Pulp, etc. It was definitely a little bittersweet to see them all for the last time as we played this or last year. A few gone for a few years (Fever, FCD Blue) and some for longer...Avalanche, Xpress...

For those I have been friends with for years, I say best of luck from here on! I hope that y’all have enjoyed the ride as much as I have. We saw the transition into (and perhaps away from) ECNL.

To Ina, Pack, OLJW, Seven, Tiger, the rest...it has been fun. A lot of us got to make friends starting here. Thanks for the laughs. Maybe Pack could do a “Where are they now?” Looking ahead to where the coaches are in 10 years...LOL.

Word of advice to the double digits posting now...don’t take it too seriously. I have stood next to so many of the posters and had such a warm meeting when introduced. It makes me a little sad to see the venom now. These girls are all someone’s daughter. Don’t get twisted too much. Life is too short.

God Bless you guys. I can’t wait to hear about what happens with your kids from here.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Congrats to DT Red FW U19 LH Champs Empty Re: Congrats to DT Red FW U19 LH Champs

Post by textigerfan 15/11/17, 08:13 am

Thanks Dad so much. This has been such an incredible journey with so many ups and downs. You could not have put this better above. I know I will miss this all so much but I am so thankful to have been a part of it and watching all these girls learn and grow over the years. So much emotion spent but well worth it and memories and friendships that will be forever lasting.

Thanks for your friendship Dad. God Bless you as well and we will be in touch.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Congrats to DT Red FW U19 LH Champs Empty Re: Congrats to DT Red FW U19 LH Champs

Post by Futbol4life 15/11/17, 11:14 am

Congratulations to the Dallas Texans Red FW on winning the title game last night. It was an excellent battle with our Warriors 99 that was a tough, physical game from whistle to whistle. That DT was able to score literally at 89:58 of the game was pretty amazing (and disappointing for us!). Many of these girls have done battle against each other for years working their way up the LH divisions. Hope to see some again in some tournaments or on the college pitch!
Futbol4life
Futbol4life
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisMagicMoment 15/11/17, 02:03 pm

So nice and refreshing to see a thoughtful, friendly, uplifting post in this forum with no negative, sarcastic, hateful replies. Kudos to you dadof3!

ThisMagicMoment
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hang1053 15/11/17, 02:06 pm

Congrats!

Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 15/11/17, 02:41 pm

ThisMagicMoment wrote:So nice and refreshing to see a thoughtful, friendly, uplifting post in this forum with no negative, sarcastic, hateful replies. Kudos to you dadof3!

Very Happy That is how we used to comport ourselves here. Certainly some heated discussions...but general civility. Many of the posts now are from parents who don't have the longer perspective of seeing how it plays out...we didn't either...but we met each other on the sidelines and through PMs and we cheered for each other's kids...people here aren't generally the enemy as portrayed.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 15/11/17, 04:41 pm

Futbol4life wrote:Congratulations to the Dallas Texans Red FW on winning the title game last night. It was an excellent battle with our Warriors 99 that was a tough, physical game from whistle to whistle. That DT was able to score literally at 89:58 of the game was pretty amazing (and disappointing for us!). Many of these girls have done battle against each other for years working their way up the LH divisions. Hope to see some again in some tournaments or on the college pitch!

It sure was a fun game to watch thru and thru.  Tough, fast, clean play, well officiated.  No unnecessary drama and good sportsmanship from both teams.  Very refreshing.  Warriors team is very good and game really could have gone either way.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 14/03/18, 02:43 pm

Most of all......Good luck to all of the DDs, whether they are continuing their playing days in college or be it they are now moving on to be a full time student , the armed services or straight into the workforce . I hope that the 12-14 years of playing the sport they love will give them a solid foundation and strong work ethic to fall back on when they run into the headwinds of life.
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AllTheBluebellsAreBlue 19/03/18, 03:54 pm

This post was classy!

Can't imagine the day my daughter either gives it up or ages out and moves on to the next steps in life...

Congrats to any and all Seniors who played soccer through high school no matter when you came upon it. So many social events and distractions and still their love of the game carried them on playing.

It's awesome.

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 22/03/18, 09:28 pm

It is mainly folks who have known each other for years and actually realize that we aren’t enemies because our daughters wear different colors on game day. Everyone I know out there is competitive, but most realize that these are 17-18 year olds that just love to play. We have competed (hard) for years...but respect each other and want good things to happen for each others’ children. We don’t back-bite each other because there is no real animosity...and even in our most competitive moments, we didn’t hate each other. We are grown ups. Speaking for myself, I no time or energy for that nonsense.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 11/04/18, 07:50 am

Well the day has come for us in our household.  High school soccer ended in the 3rd round (PKs no less) and our DD has hung up the cleats.  She decided quite a while ago she did not want to play in college and wanted to be a student and all that entails.  We are proud of her playing days and fully support her decision.  So, I guess we are no longer soccer parents.  But, I am certain we will find things to do Very Happy .  Good luck to those that are still in the HS playoffs and others continuing their careers at the next level.  We will always look back on these days very fondly.  For those just coming up thru this...it is just soccer.  It is not life make or break (even though it may seem so at times).  Hopefully your DD will learn many great life lessons thru this process.  I am grateful mine did.  Over and out.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 12/04/18, 06:00 am

textigerfan wrote:Well the day has come for us in our household.  High school soccer ended in the 3rd round (PKs no less) and our DD has hung up the cleats.  She decided quite a while ago she did not want to play in college and wanted to be a student and all that entails.  We are proud of her playing days and fully support her decision.  So, I guess we are no longer soccer parents.  But, I am certain we will find things to do Very Happy .  Good luck to those that are still in the HS playoffs and others continuing their careers at the next level.  We will always look back on these days very fondly.  For those just coming up thru this...it is just soccer.  It is not life make or break (even though it may seem so at times).  Hopefully your DD will learn many great life lessons thru this process.  I am grateful mine did.  Over and out.

Wise words Tex...........
My DD also decided not to play soccer in college. I think the decision was harder for me than her. Her HS season wrapped up week before last (lost 1-0 to a good Wakeland team in the first round) She does however have four more club games before the curtain falls. I will enjoy everyone of them. It's bittersweet but, I am excited to see what the future holds for her. Soccer has been a fun ride, full of ups and downs and many many great memories. If I could do it all over again....oh never mind I don't have the money to do it all over again Shocked
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down