North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  Empty Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Fcdallas 24/03/18, 06:13 pm

I’ve seen a lot of JDL teams and some ECNL teams play. My question is, would the top from LHGCL defeat most JDL squads and the bottom tier ECNL teams?
I’ve seen some weak JDL teams that are just low end LH squads.
Do some of these JDL squads run and hide from the top LH teams? Why do a lot of these JDL teams play in lower brackets when entering tourneys?

Fcdallas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Medicine Man 24/03/18, 06:59 pm

Yea so what's your point? What are you trying to really say FCDallas.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by ColtMcVince 24/03/18, 10:28 pm

IMO, yes. Heck, people on the other thread are saying watch out for LPE to sneak up on some DA teams during the international cup. While that seems a bit far fetched to me, there is no question that the top 4 in LH could at a minimum be competitive with the ECNL teams.

Why do they hide? There’s no upside for them. If they lost it would be a disaster. If they won, so what.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 25/03/18, 11:09 am

Fcdallas wrote:I’ve seen a lot of JDL teams and some ECNL teams play. My question is, would the top from LHGCL defeat most JDL squads and the bottom tier ECNL teams?
Do some of these JDL squads run and hide from the top LH teams? Why do a lot of these JDL teams play in lower brackets when entering tourneys?

Because a few clubs say JDL is now the premier league, it doesn't mean that's a fact. Look into your screen name, that will lead you to where the propaganda starts. If someone tells you an apple is a banana, does it taste like a banana now.

Foxy likes to get philosophical on Sunday mornings.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 26/03/18, 12:39 am

Foxysoccermom wrote:
Fcdallas wrote:I’ve seen a lot of JDL teams and some ECNL teams play. My question is, would the top from LHGCL defeat most JDL squads and the bottom tier ECNL teams?

Because a few clubs say JDL is now the premier league, it doesn't mean that's a fact.  Look into your screen name, that will lead you to where the propaganda starts.  If someone tells you an apple is a banana, does it taste like a banana now.

Ohhh the irony foxy ...  my God, the irony!

I love you

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 26/03/18, 02:39 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:

Because a few clubs say JDL is now the premier league, it doesn't mean that's a fact.  Look into your screen name, that will lead you to where the propaganda starts.  If someone tells you an apple is a banana, does it taste like a banana now.

Ohhh the irony foxy ...  my God, the irony!

I love you

The real irony is you "The pied piper of propaganda" show up whenever propaganda or FCD are mentioned. We already have Big Ego, I guess we can also call you PPP or triple P for short. I kind of like triple p. Does it taste like a banana triple p?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 26/03/18, 03:09 pm

Tremendous analysis foxy ... we'll see if it sticks.  

What you may find even more ironic is that from my standpoint, most of what I do here is defend against misleading propaganda from the vast (mostly either scorned by the system or generally misinformed) majority.

If you can show me where I've mislead you or anyone else here, that'd be fantastic  Very Happy

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 26/03/18, 04:48 pm

What says you Big E? How is your JDL experience? Do you think the top LH teams could hang with the JDL and ECNL teams as the original thread put forth?

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 26/03/18, 05:41 pm

Big Ern wrote:Tremendous analysis foxy ... we'll see if it sticks.  

What you may find even more ironic is that from my standpoint, most of what I do here is defend against misleading propaganda from the vast (mostly either scorned by the system or generally misinformed) majority.

If you can show me where I've mislead you or anyone else here, that'd be fantastic  Very Happy

Come now triple P....Why must you assume anyone has been scorned or misinformed. When you push the untested against the known, might that make you a little brainwashed and possibly misinformed by pushing what is really just marketing material. As far as JDL, I think most now know the answer and would probably prefer the boring old system of building teams and competing.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Fcdallas 26/03/18, 06:59 pm

We all know Big E is wearing FCD underwear to bed at night.

Fcdallas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 26/03/18, 08:28 pm

Fcdallas wrote:We all know Big E is wearing FCD underwear to bed at night.

Ummm ... that ... or, he is secretly conspiring against them Wink

Show me where I've inaptly defended FCD Youth Sir --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 26/03/18, 08:44 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:What says you Big E?  How is your JDL experience?  Do you think the top LH teams could hang with the JDL and ECNL teams as the original thread put forth?

Absofrigginlutely!  I'd say a solid handful of teams at LH could not only hang with, but beat some of the teams playing exclusively in JDL.  We are talking about U13 and under here so ...

As I've mentioned in the past, in my opinion, the JDL still hasn't (and it sounds like it never will) come to fruition ... I did not get a chance to become what it was initially meant to become due to some involved not buying in to the concept.  People by nature are resistant to change, and I think we can all see that couldn't be any more true in this market in particular.  

That being said ... I'm sure this will come as no surprise to some here, but my kids and I have had nothing but positive experiences with JDL.  Must be that we just got lucky Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 27/03/18, 08:37 am

Big Ern wrote:
ColtMcVince wrote:What says you Big E?  How is your JDL experience?  Do you think the top LH teams could hang with the JDL and ECNL teams as the original thread put forth?

Absofrigginlutely!  I'd say a solid handful of teams at LH could not only hang with, but beat some of the teams playing exclusively in JDL.  We are talking about U13 and under here so ...

As I've mentioned in the past, in my opinion, the JDL still hasn't (and it sounds like it never will) come to fruition ... I did not get a chance to become what it was initially meant to become due to some involved not buying in to the concept.  People by nature are resistant to change, and I think we can all see that couldn't be any more true in this market in particular.  

That being said ... I'm sure this will come as no surprise to some here, but my kids and I have had nothing but positive experiences with JDL.  Must be that we just got lucky Wink
I think they absolutely bought into the concept (play exclusively the top teams and not the bottom ones). Except the acronym lost the J & L and added an A.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 27/03/18, 12:14 pm

It would be great if the JDL and LH teams combined forces. Would make for one very competitive league vs 2 that are competitive sometimes and not sometimes. Having girls dispersed to 18 different leagues just creates an environment where nobody really knows which way to go.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 27/03/18, 12:37 pm

05girls wrote:It would be great if the JDL and LH teams combined forces.  Would make for one very competitive league vs 2 that are competitive sometimes and not sometimes. Having girls dispersed to 18 different leagues just creates an environment where nobody really knows which way to go.  
There was a time when this was the case, until the big clubs decided they didn't want to play with the independents anymore, and thought by creating an "exclusive" league, they would get even bigger share of the pie.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 27/03/18, 01:22 pm

SD69 wrote:
05girls wrote:It would be great if the JDL and LH teams combined forces.  Would make for one very competitive league vs 2 that are competitive sometimes and not sometimes. Having girls dispersed to 18 different leagues just creates an environment where nobody really knows which way to go.  
There was a time when this was the case, until the big clubs decided they didn't want to play with the independents anymore, and thought by creating an "exclusive" league, they would get even bigger share of the pie.
'

Yep...

"In the name of developement..."

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 27/03/18, 01:24 pm

Was or is there a problem with all these changes going on year after year. Yes. Hurting development? Doubtful, but truly annoying.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 27/03/18, 01:29 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:Was or is there a problem with all these changes going on year after year.  Yes. Hurting development? Doubtful, but truly annoying.

very annoying!!

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 27/03/18, 01:44 pm

You people are just Misinformed or have been scorned and don't understand the reasoning behind all these moves.  Bigego will be here soon to enlighten you.

-Foxy

Last edited by Foxysoccermom on 27/03/18, 02:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 27/03/18, 02:25 pm

I am sure you could say the games would be 15 min long, have only 10 a year and say it was for development. I guess you could really say anything is for development. Common sense tells you its not.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 27/03/18, 03:08 pm

Ahhhfirmative foxy --

This ...

"until the big clubs decided they didn't want to play with the independents anymore", and "they would get even bigger share of the pie."

... are all kinds of "misinformed".  Dilly, Dilly!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 27/03/18, 03:49 pm

Thank you for setting SD69 straight. He too lives in a misinformed universe and must feel scorned by what the big clubs have done to him.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 27/03/18, 05:06 pm

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  Hqdefault
Big E: "No DA for you!, you misinformed dolts."
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 27/03/18, 05:22 pm

Big Ern wrote:Ahhhfirmative foxy --

This ...

"until the big clubs decided they didn't want to play with the independents anymore", and "they would get even bigger share of the pie."

... are all kinds of "misinformed".  Dilly, Dilly!

I’ll have to disagree with you on this one... to say all of this change was for the betterment of US soccer play!??! I just can see how. I mean, maybe it hasn’t come to pass yet.

Platforms and proposals or not....I just want my daughter playing at the highest level that’s the only reason I support. After that, could have left well enough alone.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 27/03/18, 05:24 pm

Forget DA for the moment, can anyone say what the highest level is without a shadow of a doubt?

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next