North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

State Cup Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

State Cup

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

State Cup Empty State Cup

Post by ColtMcVince 12/05/18, 09:21 pm

So, what’s the deal with State Cup? You have to be a part of a league (Lake Highlands in this case) to play in it, but you don’t have to use the players from the team in that league for games in the tournament. Case in point. Liverpool loses 3-0 to the ‘team’ that finished 2nd to last in the fall LH season. The same LP team that wins the league going away. Yeah yeah, all you CPP guys will come out in full Dribble...I just think it’s odd that in order to be in the thing you have to play in the league yet you don’t have to use those players in the tournament itself.

Last edited by ColtMcVince on 13/05/18, 07:47 am; edited 1 time in total

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

State Cup Empty Re: State Cup

Post by Guest 12/05/18, 10:24 pm

Seen it before. Take heart. The team you were supposed to be playing had 16 players. If they payed $2000 each for the year, that’s $32,000. If they payed $3000 each for the year, that’s $48,000. That club canned all of that for today’s win. Saw a different club do exactly the same thing last year. They won State Cup, got knocked out in Regionals and that team no longer exists. You thought they were weak this year? I doubt they’ll be around next year but if they are, they’ll be worse. Check-in with them around the first week in July and ask them how their “development” is going?

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 12/05/18, 10:34 pm

Then there is DTS listing themselves as 06s, yet I think the 05 guests got the vast majority playing time. For sure will tomorrow. Those 06 bench sitters following SA to Solar? Lol

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 13/05/18, 07:48 am

Btw, I’m getting auto corrected by this site. I’ve changed the post to “full Dribble” 3 times but it keeps changing to “full dribble” lol.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 13/05/18, 07:52 am

I give up. It changed the correction post also. ????????‍�

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 13/05/18, 08:01 am

ColtMcVince wrote:I give up.  It changed the correction post also. ????????‍♂️

Im sure that made admins day... he likes to toy w us. F.orce gets changed to dribble. Im sure most read right thru it and know what you mean.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

State Cup Empty Money well spent...oh wait

Post by GOOOAL!! 13/05/18, 08:06 am

What a joke. Those 06 DTS parents thought they were signing up to play on the best Texans team in town, but when it really matters, apparently their DD isn't good enough to play in the big games. Only a handful of the original players played the entire tournament, and this "06" team was actually made up of mostly 05 players. Great 'development' for sure. Win at all costs I guess. Only 2 teams in the whole field abandoned what got them there so they could win, and they are the last two standing. Either we should all marvel at your complete lack of integrity, or join you by making our own deals with the devil.

Hey Texans & D'Feeters parents, when your looking for a new club starting Monday, why don't you look up Solar, Fever, Liverpool, Tx Spirit, or even McKinney Utd. They won't sell out your kids when push comes to shove.

GOOOAL!!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 13/05/18, 08:11 am

GOOOAL!! wrote:What a joke. Those 06 DTS parents thought they were signing up to play on the best Texans team in town, but when it really matters, apparently their DD isn't good enough to play in the big games. Only a handful of the original players played the entire tournament, and this "06" team was actually made up of mostly 05 players. Great 'development' for sure. Win at all costs I guess. Only 2 teams in the whole field abandoned what got them there so they could win, and they are the last two standing. Either we should all marvel at your complete lack of integrity, or join you by making our own deals with the devil.

Hey Texans & D'Feeters parents, when your looking for a new club starting Monday, why don't you look up Solar, Fever, Liverpool, Tx Spirit, or even McKinney Utd. They won't sell out your kids when push comes to shove.

Uhh, current Solar 06s didnt get sold out? Whatever. But hey, some staying anyway, so damage mitigated.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 13/05/18, 09:09 am

Find it hard to believe there were no subs on '04 Solar Rundell (beat D'Feeters DI / ECNL 3-0 after tying 1-1 and losing 1-0 in league play) or '03 Solar Grado (beating undefeated in LH DI LP Elite 3-1 after losing 5-2 and 3-0 in league play).

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 13/05/18, 09:16 am

I know that Rundell didn’t use any guest players vs Feet in semifinal. They don’t use any guest players but even if they did, Solar ecnl girls had a game at the same time and DA isn’t eligible.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 13/05/18, 09:25 am

FriscoSoccer2004 wrote:I know that Rundell didn’t use any guest players vs Feet in semifinal.  They don’t use any guest players but even if they did, Solar ecnl girls had a game at the same time and DA isn’t eligible.

Well then, congrats on the smack-down and good luck today!

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lewi9 13/05/18, 10:17 am

The tournament did a poor job handling the 05 group this year imo. They allowed 06 Texans in after they screwed up the 06 bracket when they initially allowed JDL teams in then realized they were not eligible to play. Forced 05s into a 9 team 3 bracket situation with only 2 games for group play, then seeded teams like Feet Selecao by their LH standing when everyone knew they were bringing their entire ECNL squad, only the 2nd ranked team in TX as a 4 seed in the tournament. What a joke! How bout looking at the rosters before they seed would be start!!! They seeded the teams before rosters were frozen. a 3rd game would have given teams like Haylock and Marshall a shot at advancing. Instead the finals are 2 teams playing with ECNL rosters. Guess that path isnt enough for them.
lewi9
lewi9
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NearPostRun 13/05/18, 10:56 am

GOOOAL!! wrote:What a joke. Those 06 DTS parents thought they were signing up to play on the best Texans team in town, but when it really matters, apparently their DD isn't good enough to play in the big games. Only a handful of the original players played the entire tournament, and this "06" team was actually made up of mostly 05 players. Great 'development' for sure. Win at all costs I guess. Only 2 teams in the whole field abandoned what got them there so they could win, and they are the last two standing. Either we should all marvel at your complete lack of integrity, or join you by making our own deals with the devil.

It's the State Cup not the U90C Thanksgiving Shoot Out. Teams are going to play to win, if parents don't understand this by now then that's on them. I think it's laughable the belief that the coaches at the indy clubs wouldn't do the same thing if they had the means, wins = recruits, it's the end of the season and teams are only as good as their last wins when parents start looking for a new team. No parent is looking to join a losing team, ever. Development begins and ends for some teams on July 2nd.

NearPostRun
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 13/05/18, 12:39 pm

The clubs are laughing all the way to the bank come July. They need more suckas come play for a winning team.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by justchootit 13/05/18, 09:07 pm

GOOOAL!! wrote:

Well.....the Texans coach is now a Solar coach. So maybe not Solar.

justchootit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hetlevenisvoetbal 13/05/18, 09:46 pm

I guess this will be a wake up call for all the Solar families, come and pay but when it matters we will replace with better kids and your daughter can watch them play on your dime. Maybe thats a reason DT didn't put up a fight to keep those two coaches. If anyone thinks that was a true 06 team that won it, they are absolutely wrong. Those brothers always use any advantage to win. Winning is more important than development. Good job Solar, you outdid your self with this move! you can count us as good as gone not buying the sales pitch!
hetlevenisvoetbal
hetlevenisvoetbal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 14/05/18, 06:38 am

Sign me up I want to get to the next level and be developed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 14/05/18, 09:36 am

Anyone have any commentary on the finals or the tournament in general? Eye witness accounts?
Anything other than CPP? As someone mentioned above, it's State Cup, there are always guest. Parents and coaches knew this going in so please don't complain that (insert club) used them. Looks like the JM D'feeters team has an achilles heel in the A brothers.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 14/05/18, 09:46 am

My issue is not really that someone used them or didn’t and whether it’s fair or not. I just think it’s strange that the rules allow it. The only way to play in the tournament is through league ‘qualification’ but you don’t have to use that same team during the tournament. Roster size is allowed at over 20 (I think) yet only 9 of the league roster must be used. That allows for an entire new/different team to be on the field if one team so chooses. That goes a little beyond CPP.

Yes, I witnessed first hand and can confirm this actually happened. The team we played was not the team we played during league play.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/05/18, 10:08 am

I mind the lie that it is done for development.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 14/05/18, 10:31 am

ColtMcVince wrote:My issue is not really that someone used them or didn’t and whether it’s fair or not.  I just think it’s strange that the rules allow it.  The only way to play in the tournament is through league ‘qualification’ but you don’t have to use that same team during the tournament.  Roster size is allowed at over 20 (I think) yet only 9 of the league roster must be used.  That allows for an entire new/different team to be on the field if one team so chooses.  That goes a little beyond CPP.  

Yes, I witnessed first hand and can confirm this actually happened.  The team we played was not the team we played during league play.  

No dog in the bone fight, but somehow it is naïve to think that Clubs or Teams go into State Cup for development.  Who does that? 
It is State Cup
You go in to win and get all the glory regardless if you get knocked out in Regionals or not.  You play league games for development and then at the end of the soccer year you bring your big guns (and lady luck) and go win State Cup.

I watched less than 10-minutes of the D'Feeters vs Liverpool game.  I thought Liverpool came to PLAY and clearly Feet came to WIN.

Missed the Texans vs Feet in Final, change of game time messed that one up.   Both of these teams were there to WIN.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 14/05/18, 10:37 am

“I thought Liverpool came to play and clearly Feet came to win”

Yes but this is exactly the point. Liverpool came to ply with the team they used in the league, which is a very good team. They don’t have big guns to pull from. So they earn top seed in the tournament Bc that’s how the league finished. Based on that they should have easily beaten the team that bobbed along all year and avoided relegation only with the help of the big guns. Then even more big guns are brought in to play state cup and they thoroughly dismantle the league champion.

Either don’t allow 15 guest players or change the entry policy to allow any team that wants in to play. The current setup just doesn’t make any sense.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 14/05/18, 10:39 am

Lewi9, The State tournament doesn't seed the teams. The tournament is responsible for the admission of teams, not seeding them. Seeding is done amongst the team managers in a collective meeting. The top LH team is typically responsible for chairing the meeting.

OLJW, All the hand wringing on this board about the guest playing from big clubs at State Cup, LH etc., yet it will have zero effect on the turnout at FCD, Solar or Texan JDL/ECNL/Pool tryouts this season. Where is the backlash or consequences? Are you going to move your daughter away from a big club and over to an independent club?

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 14/05/18, 10:44 am

ColtMcVince wrote:“I thought Liverpool came to play and clearly Feet came to win”

Yes but this is exactly the point.  Liverpool came to ply with the team they used in the league, which is a very good team.  They don’t have big guns to pull from.  So they earn top seed in the tournament Bc that’s how the league finished.  Based on that they should have easily beaten the team that bobbed along all year and avoided relegation only with the help of the big guns.  Then even more big guns are brought in to play state cup and they thoroughly dismantle the league champion.  

Either don’t allow 15 guest players or change the entry policy to allow any team that wants in to play.  The current setup just doesn’t make any sense.  
So LP had no guest in State Cup this year or last? I saw a pretty big gun on the field that I didn't see in LH. Maybe she was out that day, or just grew really quickly.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 14/05/18, 10:45 am

Pele98 wrote:
ColtMcVince wrote:My issue is not really that someone used them or didn’t and whether it’s fair or not.  I just think it’s strange that the rules allow it.  The only way to play in the tournament is through league ‘qualification’ but you don’t have to use that same team during the tournament.  Roster size is allowed at over 20 (I think) yet only 9 of the league roster must be used.  That allows for an entire new/different team to be on the field if one team so chooses.  That goes a little beyond CPP.  

Yes, I witnessed first hand and can confirm this actually happened.  The team we played was not the team we played during league play.  

No dog in the bone fight, but somehow it is naïve to think that Clubs or Teams go into State Cup for development.  Who does that? 
It is State Cup
You go in to win and get all the glory regardless if you get knocked out in Regionals or not.  You play league games for development and then at the end of the soccer year you bring your big guns (and lady luck) and go win State Cup.

I watched less than 10-minutes of the D'Feeters vs Liverpool game.  I thought Liverpool came to PLAY and clearly Feet came to WIN.

Missed the Texans vs Feet in Final, change of game time messed that one up.   Both of these teams were there to WIN.

I see what you did there.
You used BOLD and CAPS.
I, for one, am now convinced.

Laughing

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next