North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Question about FDL Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Question about FDL

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Question about FDL Empty Question about FDL

Post by rexie 28/05/18, 04:24 pm

I have never posted before but have questions regarding FDL. I know that 2018-2019 will be the first year for FDL and my daughter is interested but I have received some negative feedback about it from parents and coaches. I heard that it may not last more than a year and if that is the case any idea what will happen with the teams? Will the girls have to look for LH teams and hope they have openings to try out for? Will the FDL teams just become LH teams (if that is even something that is possible) if the league disbands? My daughter is currently on a LH team and is interested in FDL for FCD but I want to weigh the pros and cons before proceeding further. Also, I have heard from some that there is no cost difference between FDL and LH but then others have told me FDL is thousands more. I have read information on message boards, looked on club pages, talked to people but thought I would try out here again in case I missed something scrolling through. LOL so  I guess I am trying to figure out if it is best to stay with a stable LH league or gamble with a new league. Thanks for your help!

rexie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Question about FDL Empty Re: Question about FDL

Post by Guest 28/05/18, 05:04 pm

Very rarely is any new league well-planned and thought through before it is executed. If you enjoy politics and flying by the seat of your pants, then it may be for you. My opinion with anything “new” that happens in this current soccer landscape is that it should be avoided. I have yet to see any new idea work like a well-oiled machine out of the gates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 28/05/18, 05:11 pm

Agree. Would not join Fake Development League.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 28/05/18, 05:22 pm

Don't join a team for the league it plays in. Join it because you and your daughter like the coach, the girls, and the other parents. Join because your daughter will be better a year from now.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 28/05/18, 05:36 pm

A team playing FDL might be the right choice, might not.

db10's answer is logical.

1. Do your homework. Forget the league. Only trolls and water-cooler parents worry about that.
2. Don't listen to trolls.

5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rexie 28/05/18, 05:37 pm

Yes db10! My daughter knows many of the girls on the team and likes them. We know who the coach is and heard only good things. I know a couple of the moms on the team and I like them too. I have seen the current team practice and they have some fancy foot work moves and my daughter said she thinks she would learn quite a bit from this team.

Kick Grass and Jugglemaster - Perhaps foolishly I never paid as much attention as I should have regarding any league other than LH. It is advertised as a path to DA. Do you not see that as being the case? If it was your daughter would you be leaning more towards not joining because of the politics or because you don't believe it will succeed?

I am honestly trying to gather as much information as possible but am afraid of joining something that will fail while the current team is very successful but my daughter was interested in perhaps in seeing what else may be out there that would also fit her.... Maybe waiting another year is best?

I believe she will learn from this coach but am afraid if it disbands in a year that she will be searching for a LH team to join.

rexie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 28/05/18, 06:11 pm

The league will fail just like TCL did. Money grab to pay for DA. That iis no pathway to. DA If they move someone to DA it will be from ECNL. TCL was the pathway to ECNL. Most promotions came from LH D1 not TCL. TCL was around two years now it’s gone. Now they call it ECNL2.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 28/05/18, 06:41 pm

I think the FDL is going to probably be just fine, but really it's irrelevant. What you describe is a very good team that the club will pay attention to and ensure is taken care of.
The league isnt all that important as to what it is called. Last year maybe it was TCL or ECNL, next year FDL or ECNL, the year after that, who knows. The bottom line is in each case the club will ensure a team they care about plays competitive games.
If the coach is good, the girls are good, the club sees it as a top 3 team, then I would go for it. If things change next year or in three years, the club will have a place in whatever takes the place of FDL. It isn't like these teams at big clubs scatter to the wind when things change. They typically have a nice landing spot in place.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rexie 28/05/18, 07:30 pm

Thanks timmyh. I think that deep down that is what I wanted her hear...that the team would be taken care of regardless of the league they are in. Based on what I saw, I think it is a really good team.

I appreciate all of your comments and feedback. My daughter hadn't been interested in a move before so the fact that she is now I just wanted to hear the good, bad and ugly of moving away from the secure and comfortable to the unknown.

rexie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/05/18, 07:52 pm

rexie wrote:Thanks timmyh. I think that deep down that is what I wanted her hear...that the team would be taken care of regardless of the league they are in. Based on what I saw, I think it is a really good team.

I appreciate all of your comments and feedback. My daughter hadn't been interested in a move before so the fact that she is now I just wanted to hear the good, bad and ugly of moving away from the secure and comfortable to the unknown.

The primary difference in cost will be travel. Be prepared to spend roughly an additional $2k to cover the added travel over most LH teams. Maybe FCD will be able to control the costs (i.e. having kids ride a bus for 6-8 hours round trip to play single games in Austin/Houston/OKC, instead of a hotel stay), but if you go in assuming an additional $2k, you'll be less likely to be surprised or disappointed with your decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by rexie 28/05/18, 08:00 pm

Good to know. Thanks DeltaTauChi!

rexie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 28/05/18, 09:02 pm

Anyone know how many league games and how many teams the FDL league will have for our region/group? Thinking travel could reach further than OK?

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 28/05/18, 09:10 pm

Jugglemaster wrote:Anyone know how many league games and how many teams the FDL league will  have for our region/group?   Thinking travel could reach further than OK?

My understanding is it will be Lonestar, Dash, OKC, Texans, Solar, FCD (not any Colorado, Missouri or Nebraska teams).
My hunch is it will be a 10 game schedule in the fall (home and home). No idea what the spring season will look like since they will take off the HS season.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 28/05/18, 09:22 pm

Thanks

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 28/05/18, 09:28 pm

Jugglemaster wrote:The league will fail just like TCL did.  Money grab to pay for DA. That iis no pathway to. DA   If they move someone to DA it will be from ECNL.   TCL was the pathway to ECNL.  Most promotions came from LH D1 not TCL.  TCL was around two years now it’s gone.  Now they call it ECNL2.  

Hey Rexie --

Sounds like you're all set thanks to some great insight and level headed feedback from a couple of smart folks here.  Also sounds like you're relatively new here so just in case you haven't deduced this on your own, posts like this from people like juggle are as close to the definition of worthless drivel as you'll find.  This one in particular is almost 100% baseless nonsense from a guy that apparently has very little knowledge of anything having to do with youth soccer in NTX.  

Only thing I'd add to DTX's comment is that if you're not at FCD (Solar, for example), I'd say that costs could potentially be much less than $2k per year for league travel.  Considering that you'd just have the 6 day trips in total (2x to Houston, Austin and OKC), you could get away with gas and meals for ~$75 each trip (depending on what you're driving and where you're eating) ...

Good luck out there!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/05/18, 09:32 pm

Jdl-poorly managed and gone in a little over a year.
Tcl-same and in most cases less talent than d1 teams.

Fdl-same mgmt only more travel $$-also competing with ecnl at fcd so it's the third team. Fcd has a track record of not being able to field more than 1-2 good teams in an age group.

Lake highlands still fields better teams especially in d1. The big clubs don't like lh because it's transparent and you can see success or failure.

Good luck.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 28/05/18, 09:47 pm

Funny, looking at last season LHGCL final standings shows a clear dominance from the big clubs in D-1. Doesn’t look like they fear LHGCL. Did LHGCL run JDL?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/05/18, 10:00 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Jugglemaster wrote:The league will fail just like TCL did.  Money grab to pay for DA. That iis no pathway to. DA   If they move someone to DA it will be from ECNL.   TCL was the pathway to ECNL.  Most promotions came from LH D1 not TCL.  TCL was around two years now it’s gone.  Now they call it ECNL2.  

Hey Rexie --

Sounds like you're all set thanks to some great insight and level headed feedback from a couple of smart folks here.  Also sounds like you're relatively new here so just in case you haven't deduced this on your own, posts like this from people like juggle are as close to the definition of worthless drivel as you'll find.  This one in particular is almost 100% baseless nonsense from a guy that apparently has very little knowledge of anything having to do with youth soccer in NTX.  

Only thing I'd add to DTX's comment is that if you're not at FCD (Solar, for example), I'd say that costs could potentially be much less than $2k per year for league travel.  Considering that you'd just have the 6 day trips in total (2x to Houston, Austin and OKC), you could get away with gas and meals for ~$75 each trip (depending on what you're driving and where you're eating) ...

Good luck out there!

If that turns out to be the case, then it'll be a pleasant surprise if you assume $2k going in. (As opposed to assuming minimal travel costs and then getting hit with $2k - which is a common cause of parent disillusionment on here). I have no idea what the showcase plans are for FDL teams, in addition to the league travel, and what that will do for travel costs compared to an LH team. Just trying to give some realistic advice to the newbie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 28/05/18, 10:03 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:Jdl-poorly managed and gone in a little over a year.
Tcl-same and in most cases less talent than d1 teams.

Fdl-same mgmt only more travel $$-also competing with ecnl at fcd so it's the third team. Fcd has a track record of not being able to field more than 1-2 good teams in an age group.

Lake highlands still fields better teams especially in d1. The big clubs don't like lh because it's transparent and you can see success or failure.

Good luck.

"Jdl-poorly managed and gone in a little over a year."  

Is it gone?  If so, was it's demise due to 'poor management' or more from lack of engagement from a couple clubs?  I tend to lean towards the latter but honestly don't know the answer here, so if you can shed some real light here based on concrete thought, please do.

"Tcl-same and in most cases less talent than d1 teams"

I've heard a this from quite a few trolls ... Wondering how you're coming to this conclusion.  Please enlighten us.

"Fdl-same mgmt only more travel $$"

FDL governed by USYS.  Are TCL and JDL governed by same?  And how will FDL have more travel costs than TCL (or the new TX ECNL regional club league for that matter)?  Hmmm ... ?

"Fcd has a track record of not being able to field more than 1-2 good teams in an age group." "Lake highlands still fields better teams especially in d1."

This is true, but didn't FCD's 3rd U14 team just win State Cup?  Wouldn't that alone make that U15 FDL team next year stronger than most of the D1 teams?  Hmmm ... ?

"The big clubs don't like lh because it's transparent and you can see success or failure."

In an effort to make this at all credible ... Please tell us how you know what the "big clubs" like or dislike.

Good luck.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 28/05/18, 10:10 pm

Bigee, what’s is wrong. Is TCL gone? YES. How long did it last? 2 years Is the so called ECNL2 the rebranding of the extinct TCL? YES Just stating facts. I expect these leagues will fail in two years. Sorry, that upset you so bad.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 28/05/18, 10:11 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Hey Rexie --

Good luck out there!

If that turns out to be the case, then it'll be a pleasant surprise if you assume $2k going in. (As opposed to assuming minimal travel costs and then getting hit with $2k - which is a common cause of parent disillusionment on here). I have no idea what the showcase plans are for FDL teams, in addition to the league travel, and what that will do for travel costs compared to an LH team.  Just trying to give some realistic advice to the newbie.

No doubt DTX --

The FDL kids can plan on ~3 Showcases per year -- one out of state at Silverlakes or Vegas (significant cost but fantastic exposure events) and 2 in state (DIGC, FCD Showcase).  Also ... winner of the league has automatic bid to USYS Regionals.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 28/05/18, 10:17 pm

Fantastic exposure? Travel to DA showcase Those coaches will be watching DA games.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 28/05/18, 10:30 pm

Jugglemaster wrote:Bigee, what’s is wrong.  Is TCL gone? YES. How long did it last? 2 years    Is the so called ECNL2 the rebranding of the extinct TCL? YES  Just stating facts.   I expect these leagues will fail in two years.  Sorry, that upset you so bad.  

Hey there juggle --

I know you're not accustomed to me addressing any of your stuff, but ... upset?  C'mon now son  Laughing

Have a look back at what you wrote and tell us what exactly is "fact" --

(hint: none of what you mentioned here is in your original post that I referenced)

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 28/05/18, 10:34 pm

Ok. Look. You really feel that strong about FDL. that’s cool. I have my opinion. You have yours. I am not a fan of all these leagues. We are not even talking about all the other leagues tied to NPL. Not looking to argue. Happy Memorial Day.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/05/18, 10:39 pm

Do your homework rexie,

Ask some people that participated in jdl and tcl if they think it was worth it. Bige has been spewing his silliness for a while on this board and it's usually just propaganda. He's like neidermeyer from animal house. It doesn't matter who sanctions the league if it's the same ol clubs pushing the smack. Typical bige fallacy, is bringing up state cup. Bunch of big club lh teams filled with ecnl and da players. Biggest joke going. They've managed to corrupt a simple tournament and turn it into a meaningless event.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum