North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

FCD DisArray? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

FCD DisArray?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FCD DisArray? - Page 3 Empty Re: FCD DisArray?

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 23/05/19, 09:34 am

Soccerdad5 wrote:Chris is like any coach, he has high expectations for all the girls.  Practices are top notch and he coaches with passion.  The manager is a great person.  So, make up your own mind and meet some of the parents and I'm pretty sure that all of this will be refuted.

#MAGA

Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 23/05/19, 10:17 am

FCD is just fine the gravy train is full steam ahead....choo choo. What's going on w the other clubs theres got to be some head rollin.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerVeteran 23/05/19, 11:07 am

Thank you for all the PMs on the topic. Mighty interesting and somewhat shocking actually.

I guess the FACTS are:

1. Chris Ring was, in fact, formally written up by the US Soccer Federation for his behavior.
2. Parent(s) on Ring's team(s) have been written up for same
3. FCD 06DA does tend to like to use the PT player option
3. FCD 05DA has lost an unusually high number of players from their original roster

Those are the facts.

Now, my conclusion, based on both fact and my gut, is that Ring does not have any business coaching 11-13 year old girls.  Not sure even 20-year old men.  We can agree to disagree on that.

Again, all the best to everyone finishing out their years and going forward.

SoccerVeteran
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/05/19, 11:17 am

Fun stuff ^ Vet!!!

I especially enjoyed #3 (the second one) Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AllTheBluebellsAreBlue 23/05/19, 11:28 am

How does a parent get "written up"? I haven't heard of that. Fined - Yes. Brought in front of the board - Yes.

Not that I don't doubt it. Or think it could be warranted. Just seems off to "write them up" like an HR department or something.

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 23/05/19, 11:34 am

Yes please enlighten us with details! We all need to know.

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor06810 23/05/19, 11:47 am

If the player is talented , there are choices in ECNL and DA with other clubs. Tryouts are in full swing in North Texas. Don’t play DPL, huge drop of in competition from ECNL and DA . Just make sure your kid is a good fit in the new team and take them to a coach that develops in training  and gives playing time.  Some teams  will start carrying huge rosters .

Survivor06810
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 23/05/19, 12:36 pm

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue wrote:2. Parent(s) on Ring's team(s) have been written up for same

How does a parent get "written up"? I haven't heard of that. Fined - Yes. Brought in front of the board - Yes.  

Not that I don't doubt it. Or think it could be warranted. Just seems off to "write them up" like an HR department or something.

Bet it wasn’t just a parent - more like a manager/parent

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxine Waters 23/05/19, 12:39 pm

"huge drop 'of' (sic) in competition from ECNL and DA" - SMDH

I think we need to subpoena the FCD brass and bring them in front of my committee for statements.

Maxine Waters
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 23/05/19, 12:39 pm

SoccerVeteran wrote:Thank you for all the PMs on the topic. Mighty interesting and somewhat shocking actually.

I guess the FACTS are:

1. Chris Ring was, in fact, formally written up by the US Soccer Federation for his behavior.
3. FCD 05DA has lost an unusually high number of players from their original roster

Those are the facts.

Now, my conclusion, based on both fact and my gut, is that Ring does not have any business coaching 11-13 year old girls.  Not sure even 20-year old men.  We can agree to disagree on that.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/05/19, 01:06 pm

Survivor06810 wrote:If the player is talented , there are choices in ECNL and DA with other clubs. Tryouts are in full swing in North Texas. Don’t play DPL, huge drop of in competition from ECNL and DA . Just make sure your kid is a good fit in the new team and take them to a coach that develops in training  and gives playing time.  Some teams  will start carrying huge rosters .

Riiiggghhhttt 681 ... because you know Laughing

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor06810 23/05/19, 01:33 pm

Take a peek at fdl game on an adjacent field when your daughter is playing DA . Not sure why you are promoting a B.S. league.  PDL is a money grab for DA clubs. 2 teams for each DA club. I dont see  any good coming out of traveling to OK, Houston , Austin . San Antonio and playing 2nd, 3rd tier teams. You can disagree with me .

g
Big Ern wrote:
Survivor06810 wrote:If the player is talented , there are choices in ECNL and DA with other clubs. Tryouts are in full swing in North Texas. Don’t play DPL, huge drop of in competition from ECNL and DA . Just make sure your kid is a good fit in the new team and take them to a coach that develops in training  and gives playing time.  Some teams  will start carrying huge rosters .

Survivor06810
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 23/05/19, 02:53 pm

goscore! wrote:Yes please enlighten us with details! We all need to know.

Maybe it was you! Shocked

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 23/05/19, 03:11 pm

Survivor06810 wrote:Take a peek at fdl game on an adjacent field when your daughter is playing DA . Not sure why you are promoting a B.S. league.  PDL is a money grab for DA clubs. 2 teams for each DA club. I dont see  any good coming out of traveling to OK, Houston , Austin . San Antonio and playing 2nd, 3rd tier teams. You can disagree with me .

I've peeked, and I disagree with your assertion that the play is poor. Those FDL teams were all pretty good. As a comparison, they would be on the shortlist of favorites to win LHD1 and would finish probably somewhere at the top of bottom third or bottom of the middle third in ECNL.

Now where I agree with you is that NONE of those teams should be traveling for league games. There should be 3-4 teams in Dallas playing a regional league and DA or ECNL schedule, and then the next 7 or 8 teams currently occupying the bottom of DA and ECNL, and playing ECRL/DPL/NPL/FDL should all simply be in Lake Highlands and then using the money currently spent traveling to league games to go to 3-4 big showcase tourneys per year.

Those 7 or 8 teams plus the average of the 3 or 4 teams per age group in Lake Highlands that are really good would make for BETTER, more equivalent competition on a weekly basis than whatever they are currently doing.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 23/05/19, 03:25 pm

timmyh wrote:
Survivor06810 wrote:Take a peek at fdl game on an adjacent field when your daughter is playing DA . Not sure why you are promoting a B.S. league.  PDL is a money grab for DA clubs. 2 teams for each DA club. I dont see  any good coming out of traveling to OK, Houston , Austin . San Antonio and playing 2nd, 3rd tier teams. You can disagree with me .

I've peeked, and I disagree with your assertion that the play is poor.  Those FDL teams were all pretty good.  As a comparison, they would be on the shortlist of favorites to win LHD1 and would finish probably somewhere at the top of bottom third or bottom of the middle third in ECNL.  

Now where I agree with you is that NONE of those teams should be traveling for league games.  There should be 3-4 teams in Dallas playing a regional league and DA or ECNL schedule, and then the next 7 or 8 teams currently occupying the bottom of DA and ECNL, and playing ECRL/DPL/NPL/FDL should all simply be in Lake Highlands and then using the money currently spent traveling to league games to go to 3-4 big showcase tourneys per year.

Those 7 or 8 teams plus the average of the 3 or 4 teams per age group in Lake Highlands that are really good would make for BETTER, more equivalent competition on a weekly basis than whatever they are currently doing.

That would have lasted IF the top 4-5 clubs had been allowed to control and allocate all the spots in the league with no independents or relegation/promotion.

Then it could have been a league focused on 'development'. Wink

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/05/19, 05:14 pm

g
Big Ern wrote:

Wow.  Alrighty 681 ... A few questions for ya and plenty you mentioned that make it real easy for most anybody to disagree with some of your lil' peccadilloes --

What is it that you think I'm "promoting" and how would you ascertain that from my post here?  

Are you saying that the second teams from many of the top clubs in the nation (Beach, Galaxy, Legends, Surf, Solar, Real CO, Tophat, FC Virginia to name a few) are a "huge drop of in competition from ECNL"?  

Originally I thought you were referring to DPL ... then you mentioned FDL ... then PDL (not sure what this is but I'm sure it exists out there somewhere).  Which is it?  And how does having 2 teams make 'PDL' a "moneygrab"?  

OK?  San Antonio? ... WTF!?

And BTW ... I saw plenty of FDL this year as I have a few of my kids participating ... and plenty of ECNL ... and plenty of GDA.  In my opinion, outside of the top GDA sides, any of those teams could beat the other on any given day -- just depends on which way the wind blows Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 23/05/19, 08:05 pm

As usual something is blowing when you’re talkin.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by abc000 24/05/19, 04:30 pm

[b] cheers
Big Ern wrote:

And BTW ... I saw plenty of FDL this year as I have a few of my kids participating ... and plenty of ECNL ... and plenty of GDA.  In my opinion, outside of the top GDA sides, any of those teams could beat the other on any given day -- just depends on which way the wind blows Wink

Especially the last paragraph... most true statement this forum has seen in awhile from someone who has been around the block a few times! and I would add if the team has had a core of players for several years it makes a huge difference - they have had time to identify and fill the gaps.

abc000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Highfive 25/05/19, 06:35 pm

You are not the first one to say Ring has no business to coach 11-13 year olds nor will you be the last one.
Just want to add the following .
1. Well played fcd on fooling  ECNL parents.
2. Dumb move by think tank not to have one strong team in ECNL and go to playoffs like Solar did and stay in ECNL.

SoccerVeteran wrote:Thank you for all the PMs on the topic. Mighty interesting and somewhat shocking actually.

I guess the FACTS are:

Those are the facts.

Last edited by Highfive on 25/05/19, 07:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Highfive
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 25/05/19, 06:50 pm

Chris Ring coached the 13s and 14s last year, not 11s and 12s.  Elite 14 year olds with big goals can and should be treated differently than 11 year olds.

And I understand that Dan Mariscal (who by most all accounts is a wonderful coach), will be involved in the younger DA groups next year.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 25/05/19, 08:19 pm

Highfive wrote:You are not the first one to say Ring has no business to coach 11-13 year olds nor will you be the last one.
2. Dumb move by think tank not to have one strong team in ECNL and go to playoffs like Solar did and stay in ECNL

Shows how little thought goes into the girls program, by FCD Brass or the coaches.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 25/05/19, 08:34 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
Highfive wrote:You are not the first one to say Ring has no business to coach 11-13 year olds nor will you be the last one.
2. Dumb move by think tank not to have one strong team in ECNL and go to playoffs like Solar did and stay in ECNL

Shows how little thought goes into the girls program, by FCD Brass or the coaches.

Plano teams pay the same money.

Mariscal? Does the bait-and-switch work in DA too?

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoNoNo 25/05/19, 09:28 pm

Truthiness wrote:
And I understand that Dan Mariscal (who by most all accounts is a wonderful coach), will be involved in the younger DA groups next year.

Sure...just like they said he would be involved this year?
His involvement is limited to practicing on the adjacent field lol

NoNoNo
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeBlooded 29/05/19, 03:18 pm

Truthiness wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 30/05/19, 10:21 pm

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 03/06/19, 01:50 am

NoNoNo wrote:
Truthiness wrote:

Sure...just like they said he would be involved this year?
His involvement is limited to practicing on the adjacent field lol

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum