North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Sting Austin - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Sting Austin

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sting Austin - Page 2 Empty Re: Sting Austin

Post by Zizou 14/09/19, 10:09 pm

[quote="918soccer"]
Zizou wrote:
918soccer wrote:That might be true in NTX, but not nationwide. ECNL is now stronger than GDA in most markets. Based on continuing defections at Dash and Lonestar, I don't think it's the case in STX either.

Those defections could be due to players having to compete each season with the best in the nation. Moving to a inferior league playing 80% or more vs inferior teams and players. Boosting players egos and perception they are better than they really are. One game a month against another team with any talent would make a player stats look pretty impressive.

Lonestar GDA played Albion ECNL two weeks ago and these were the results:

07 - Lonestar won 2-0
06 - Albion won 3-2
05 - Albion won 1-0
04 - tied 0-0
03 - Albion won 2-0
02 - Lonestar won 3-2

Lonestar use to be quite a bit better than Albion, so a shift is clearly happening, just not in the direction that you contend. The same is true in Michigan (Hawks), Chicago (Eclipse), New York (NYCFC), New Jersey (PDA), Washington (Crossfire Premier), Massachusetts (FC Stars), and other markets where clubs are moving top players to ECNL and DA has become second tier.

So again, your statement that top players are moving to DA might be true in NTX, although I suspect Sting and Feet might challenge that contention, it certainly isn't the case nationally.

[/quote

I don’t even have to look out of my own city to find the top players and teams in the nation. Dominating the national seen when ECNL was relevant and even now in GDA. Local DA clubs are not concerned with sting and dfeeters and surely do not feel Houston posses any competition locally and nationally. Being involved during ECNL conception and now DA it is very clear which league is moving in the right direction ie: national team call ups and removing the pay for play model that continues to set us back in the US.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco Mamasita 15/09/19, 06:45 am

BENDMEOVER wrote:Zizou again those pay to play teams that finance your so called elite teams have their marketing work cut out for them.

Not if you have a sugar daddy like those buttholes over at the Solar.
Frisco Mamasita
Frisco Mamasita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 15/09/19, 07:14 am

Wow, that is a little harsh.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/09/19, 08:07 am

Zizou wrote:
918soccer wrote:
Zizou wrote:
918soccer wrote:That might be true in NTX, but not nationwide. ECNL is now stronger than GDA in most markets. Based on continuing defections at Dash and Lonestar, I don't think it's the case in STX either.

Those defections could be due to players having to compete each season with the best in the nation. Moving to a inferior league playing 80% or more vs inferior teams and players. Boosting players egos and perception they are better than they really are. One game a month against another team with any talent would make a player stats look pretty impressive.

Lonestar GDA played Albion ECNL two weeks ago and these were the results:

07 - Lonestar won 2-0
06 - Albion won 3-2
05 - Albion won 1-0
04 - tied 0-0
03 - Albion won 2-0
02 - Lonestar won 3-2

Lonestar use to be quite a bit better than Albion, so a shift is clearly happening, just not in the direction that you contend. The same is true in Michigan (Hawks), Chicago (Eclipse), New York (NYCFC), New Jersey (PDA), Washington (Crossfire Premier), Massachusetts (FC Stars), and other markets where clubs are moving top players to ECNL and DA has become second tier.

So again, your statement that top players are moving to DA might be true in NTX, although I suspect Sting and Feet might challenge that contention, it certainly isn't the case nationally.

[/quote

I don’t even have to look out of my own city to find the top players and teams in the nation. Dominating the national seen when ECNL was relevant and even now in GDA. Local DA clubs are not concerned with sting and dfeeters and surely do not feel Houston posses any competition locally and nationally. Being involved during ECNL conception and now DA it is very clear which league is moving in the right direction ie: national team call ups and removing the pay for play model that continues to set us back in the US.
Ziz DA is about as cheap as it’s going to get for GDA, and will prob increase. In no way did it remove any PFP model.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 15/09/19, 11:35 am

I believe that US soccer will continue to grow the women’s professional league, therefore continuing to move closer and closer to funding these teams within  GDA clubs. At least GDA is trying where ECNL was expensive as hell. Plus my pocket book was significantly less stressed playing DA over ECNL

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 15/09/19, 12:52 pm

All you have to do to see the problem is look at every other country and every other sport. There are not fractured structures anywhere but in US youth soccer. NFL, MLB, NBA, pick any other country, but in US youth soccer there is. ECNL is an amazing product...but if the direction is DA (which it appears it is) filtering up to MLS and possible something on the girls side, then ECNL and everyone else will eventually flow into DA for National Team. HOWEVER it is like the lottery, everyone thinks there DD or BB should play for the national team, or can win the lottery...BUT the reality is, in the U.S., college is the destination on the girls (and honestly for the boys too) and ECNL does it better then anyone and that ladies and gentleman is why that league will continue to flourish and grow.
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 15/09/19, 01:43 pm

soccer4fun wrote:All you have to do to see the problem is look at every other country and every other sport. There are not fractured structures anywhere but in US youth soccer. NFL, MLB, NBA, pick any other country, but in US youth soccer there is. ECNL is an amazing product...but if the direction is DA (which it appears it is) filtering up to MLS and possible something on the girls side, then ECNL and everyone else will eventually flow into DA for National Team. HOWEVER it is like the lottery, everyone thinks there DD or BB should play for the national team, or can win the lottery...BUT the reality is, in the U.S., college is the destination on the girls (and honestly for the boys too) and ECNL does it better then anyone and that ladies and gentleman is why that league will continue to flourish and grow.

GDA players are not being eliminated from choosing a college education while continuing their dreams to play for their country and even the ability to pursue a professional career. In fact the higher level D1 college programs are littered with players that are continuing their careers in the pros and national team levels while receiving a college degree. The ECNL product is an expensive money making product. Why not put some of that cash reducing the price for players families that could be going in debt in their pursuit of a college scholarship. If the lone star conference is your proof of flourishing and growing then something seems off.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 15/09/19, 01:50 pm

Dallas is ready for a women’s professional team. I believe the city would fully support our ladies. I believe D’feeters has improved their club and would jump at a GDA bid. Four solid clubs feeding our women’s pro team with local talent is moving in a positive direction.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 15/09/19, 02:31 pm

Zizou wrote:Dallas is ready for a women’s professional team. I believe the city would fully support our ladies. I believe D’feeters has improved their club and would jump at a GDA bid. Four solid clubs feeding our women’s pro team with local talent is moving in a positive direction.
Except there aren't 4 four solid clubs in Texas ECNL nor Frontier DA conferences combined. There are only 2. Maybe 3. All we are seeing is a complete watering down of youth soccer.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 15/09/19, 03:16 pm

05DD wrote:
Zizou wrote:Dallas is ready for a women’s professional team. I believe the city would fully support our ladies. I believe D’feeters has improved their club and would jump at a GDA bid. Four solid clubs feeding our women’s pro team with local talent is moving in a positive direction.
Except there aren't 4 four solid clubs in Texas ECNL nor Frontier DA conferences combined. There are only 2. Maybe 3.  All we are seeing is a complete watering down of youth soccer.

I can agree with three. That is plenty of talent for A feeder system into a pro team.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FroZone 15/09/19, 06:55 pm

Zizou wrote:
soccer4fun wrote:All you have to do to see the problem is look at every other country and every other sport. There are not fractured structures anywhere but in US youth soccer. NFL, MLB, NBA, pick any other country, but in US youth soccer there is. ECNL is an amazing product...but if the direction is DA (which it appears it is) filtering up to MLS and possible something on the girls side, then ECNL and everyone else will eventually flow into DA for National Team. HOWEVER it is like the lottery, everyone thinks there DD or BB should play for the national team, or can win the lottery...BUT the reality is, in the U.S., college is the destination on the girls (and honestly for the boys too) and ECNL does it better then anyone and that ladies and gentleman is why that league will continue to flourish and grow.

GDA players are not being eliminated from choosing a college education while continuing their dreams to play for their country and even the ability to pursue a professional career. In fact the higher level D1 college programs are littered with players that are continuing their careers in the pros and national team levels while receiving a college degree. The ECNL product is an expensive money making product. Why not put some of that cash reducing the price for players families that could be going in debt in their pursuit of a college scholarship. If the lone star conference is your proof of flourishing and growing then something seems off.

Hey Ziz,

Remind us all. Where is your DD playing this year?
FroZone
FroZone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 15/09/19, 07:15 pm

Your right, she chose to become a doctor and take the academic scholarship instead of taking the pennies offered to her to play soccer. She really enjoyed playing at the elite level for the past eight years, but couldn’t pass up the academic money to pursue her other passion.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FroZone 15/09/19, 07:22 pm

Zizou wrote:Your right, she chose to become a doctor and take the academic scholarship instead of taking the pennies offered to her to play soccer

That’s great! Congratulations to her and you! I’m sure she’ll be very successful.

Now maybe you should leave the pontificating about DA and ECNL to the parents whose kids got more than pennies offered to them and are actually playing soccer in college. Just sayin’. Rolling Eyes
FroZone
FroZone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 15/09/19, 07:30 pm

FroZone wrote:
Zizou wrote:Your right, she chose to become a doctor and take the academic scholarship instead of taking the pennies offered to her to play soccer

That’s great!  Congratulations to her and you!  I’m sure she’ll be very successful.

Now maybe you should leave the pontificating about DA and ECNL to the parents whose kids got more than pennies offered to them and are actually playing soccer in college. Just sayin’. Rolling Eyes

Sure, so she chose a full over a half. Pontificate that! I credit her decision making to the experiences with teammates, coaches, and both the ECNL and DA experiences she had during her soccer career that led her to the opportunities she is receiving today.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FroZone 15/09/19, 07:50 pm

Zizou wrote:
FroZone wrote:

That’s great!  Congratulations to her and you!  I’m sure she’ll be very successful.

Sure, so she chose a full over a half. Pontificate that! I credit her decision making to the experiences with teammates, coaches, and both the ECNL and DA experiences she had during her soccer career that led her to the opportunities she is receiving today.

Again, congratulations to her and best of luck! Thankfully ECNL and DA were there to teach her good decision making.
FroZone
FroZone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 16/09/19, 10:48 am

Zizou let me know when pay to play doesnt exist. You may be in diapers by then.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 16/09/19, 10:37 pm

Yikes Neutral

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 28/09/19, 06:29 pm

I have contemplated and I think the real blame should be towards Fox News!

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 11/10/19, 12:47 am

kickball2005 wrote:Sting Austin, Oklahoma Celtic and Pride don't belong in an elite league.  These panicked moves by ECNL will have long term ramifications.  

With both the Sting Austin 06s and 07s sitting at a combined 0 and 14 with 3 goals scored and 71 against, it doesn't look like the future is very bright for the club. They don't even have an 08 team, so next year looks just as bleak.  How long do people think they will be allowed to continue as an ECNL club?  

Was the payoff to Sting of getting an extra ECNL team in return for passing on the DA a permanent thing or is there a shelf life? Maybe Sting should just start selling the ECNL slots in certain age groups to good Texas teams from smaller clubs who would probably jump at the chance?

Something has to give here.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 11/10/19, 08:51 am

Its build character and fine young ladies that have some warm fuzzy stpries about becoming doctors and lawyers and it's all about building your confidence and getting your butts kicked every week. The club makes there profits and everyone is happy?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 17/10/19, 06:10 pm

After two road trips, $1400 spent, 22 goals scored, and zero against, it's been confirmed that the Colorado trip and the Central Texas trip are a complete and utter waste of time.

What needs to happen to contract those teams out of the league (or at least put them in their own division and let them play each other)?
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 17/10/19, 09:24 pm

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 17/10/19, 11:49 pm

Truthiness wrote:After two road trips, $1400 spent, 22 goals scored, and zero against, it's been confirmed that the Colorado trip and the Central Texas trip are a complete and utter waste of time.

What needs to happen to contract those teams out of the league (or at least put them in their own division and let them play each other)?

Don't see any team with that record... what team are you with? Rapids have a winning record in every age group except 07. Only one other club matches that statistic, Sting.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KicknBalls 30/10/19, 01:44 pm

918soccer wrote:
Truthiness wrote:After two road trips, $1400 spent, 22 goals scored, and zero against, it's been confirmed that the Colorado trip and the Central Texas trip are a complete and utter waste of time.

Don't see any team with that record... what team are you with? Rapids have a winning record in every age group except 07. Only one other club matches that statistic, Sting.

918 IS A TSC HURRICANE/ECNL HOMER. ECNL TIL he Dies, Always promoting other regions hoping it make his looks good as his TSC teams are getting Smoked

KicknBalls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 30/10/19, 05:47 pm

918soccer wrote:

TSC 07 is a match.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 30/10/19, 09:11 pm

Theres more money to burn in the casinos. Burn baby burn.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum