North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

07 classic Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

07 classic

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

07 classic Empty 07 classic

Post by AlittleBitofSanity 03/02/20, 08:03 pm

Does anyone know what happened to stars and stripes? Saw they forfeited alll of their games. Strange

AlittleBitofSanity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

07 classic Empty Re: 07 classic

Post by DoubleDown 04/02/20, 01:36 pm

It’s almost always for illegal player(s). I heard the coach is blaming it on his assistant and swears he didn’t know. Probably has a board review coming soon.

DoubleDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballer07 04/02/20, 01:50 pm

The old he said, she said...Lol..Trust me, somebody knew if they had an illegal player on the team....Manager should know most everything, if not should notice something stinks....

bigballer07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwight 04/02/20, 02:36 pm

DoubleDown wrote:It’s almost always for illegal player(s). I heard the coach is blaming it on his assistant and swears he didn’t know. Probably has a board review coming soon.
I have info from both: parents still on the team, and parents who decided to leave when news broke.

Word is, the manager found out about a 2006 player and confronted the coach. The coach blamed an assistant who was no longer on the team, then kicked the manager and his son off the team. This part has been confirmed by both parties.

The coach is now spinning the news to parents who stayed, saying the former assistant is the only one that knew. He has also been informing his current parents and players that if he gets suspended, he will continue to train them, but will only attend games as a "parent".

I don't personally know the guy, but I can confirm he was caught in a previous tournament using over aged players as well. If this is true, hopefully North Texas does the right thing and brings the hammer down on the guy.
Dwight
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mexkan77 04/02/20, 11:00 pm

@dwight thats alot of info ... for all we know you could be the manager or the assistant Coach making that story up about "heard it from both sides parents who stayed and parents who left".. I heard the manager and assistant Coach got mad over a change of socks?? Could that be true? That they wanted to humiliate the opposing Coach they were playing at the time but that the coach didnt allow them to so they plotted this against him. I heard all of this from one of the parents that left .. also telling me that not sure if they made the right choice of leaving... 🤷‍�

mexkan77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ctrl Alt de Ligt 05/02/20, 06:55 am

Mexkan77, so upset over socks that they go to Classic League and report an illegal player on their own team and then leave? Get outta here! Much more to this story!

NO WAY the head coach didn't know. I don't care what he is telling his parents now to save what's left of the team.

Didn't the parents think it was weird when it was the kid's birthday and the cake had 14 candles on it?

A real shame because this team is really strong, but I agree with Dwight. NTX Soccer needs to come down real hard on this coach.

Ctrl Alt de Ligt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwight 05/02/20, 08:35 am

@mexkan77. You'd be surprised how quick information travels. If it hit these forums, then I'm pretty sure parents are texting and calling each other about it. People love a good scandal. I have not heard the take on any socks though, not sure what that has to do with an ineligible player. Maybe you can shed some light on us in regards to that?

@de ligt- Agree that some parents had to have known. I always heard rumors of a forward being over aged, but they were always rumors and never anything concrete. Maybe those rumors turned out to be true?
Dwight
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JukusHakeem 05/02/20, 10:59 am

I heard about the socks too. Heard S&S coach didn't want take a "forfeit win" vs Legends while others on the team did want to take the win. Word is that there are some internal issues with players / parents trying to bust up the team too, so all of this came to a head. Then they say that the kid in question wasn't even a top player??? Implosion happening now!
I agree- no way coach/ some of team didn't know- love the "14 candles" comment !!!
Isn't the guy running the Facebook page- NTX vs World- attached to this S&S team?
I also agree that NTX should drop the hammer to send a message to ALL. The team's entire success/ record is now in question- and a new #1 should be crowned??

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballer07 05/02/20, 12:17 pm

Yes, the page owner of NTX vs the World does have a 07B on the Stars and Stripes team.....This team traveled to Vegas Cup, so its possible the timing of all this came to a head during this time....Why in the world would anybody ever consider putting an illegal player on ones team....Says allot about his or her character....Sad for other kids left holding the bag

Last edited by bigballer07 on 05/02/20, 02:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

bigballer07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mexkan77 05/02/20, 01:31 pm

@dwight .. "GOSSIP" travels faster than information.. and honestly seems what this thread is about.. someone asking for gossip and others feeding it to them .. no one knows the truth but all parties involved .... the only truly affected individual here is the player ... more than likely player involved will never get to play in Classic ever .. Did he know what he was doing wrong? Maybe maybe not .. but if his parents allowed it to happen why would he assume he was doing wrong? .. so what about the parents? Do you drop the hammer on the parents as well or get a free pass?
Y'all are quick to judge on the Coach because it's his name at the top of the S&S roster page ...
let me share some info maybe you @dwight can verify with "parents" you know .. .. and you guys can go to the S&S Facebook page or IG and check some of this out..
There was 11 original players (including player in question)
They had played together for roughly 2-3 years together maybe more .. for sure at least a solid 2 ... your gonna tell me that the assistant and manager didn't know??? Lol ..
In June they had tryouts and the other 7 joined .. (and yes .. including the son of one of the admins on the NTX vs the World) ...
So ... you guys tell me ... what should happen to all parties involved? ... drop hammers all around or give out free passes to some?
Now .. I was curious about this team and I was already at Richland on Saturday so I witnessed something that was very extraordinary ... S&S vs Solar ... 11 players (no subs) vs 18 ... and S&S came thru with a shutout 3-0 .... one of the most incredible games I've witnessed in this age group ..
While y'all still out here spreading more gossip think of the kid ... he's going thru enough crap right now .. in my opinion..

mexkan77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwight 05/02/20, 02:09 pm

mexkan77 wrote:@dwight ..  "GOSSIP" travels faster than information.. and honestly seems what this thread is about.. someone asking for gossip and others feeding it to them .. no one knows the truth but all parties involved .... the only truly affected individual here is the player  ... more than likely player involved will never get to play in Classic ever .. Did he know what he was doing wrong? Maybe maybe not .. but if his parents allowed it to happen why would he assume he was doing wrong? .. so what about the parents? Do you drop the hammer on the parents as well or get a free pass?
Y'all are quick to judge on the Coach because it's his name at the top of the S&S roster page ...
let me share some info maybe you @dwight can verify with "parents" you know .. .. and you guys can go to the S&S Facebook page or IG and check some of this out..  
There was 11 original players (including player in question)
They had played together for roughly 2-3 years together maybe more .. for sure at least a solid 2 ... your gonna tell me that the assistant and manager didn't know??? Lol ..
In June they had tryouts and the other 7 joined .. (and yes .. including the son of one of the admins on the NTX vs the World)  ...
So ... you guys tell me ... what should happen to all parties involved? ... drop hammers all around or give out free passes to some?
Now .. I was curious about this team and I was already at Richland on Saturday so I witnessed something that was very extraordinary ... S&S vs Solar ... 11 players (no subs)  vs 18 ... and S&S came thru with a shutout 3-0 .... one of the most incredible games I've witnessed in this age group ..  
While y'all still out here spreading more gossip think of the kid ... he's going thru enough crap right now .. in my opinion..
Nobody is denying that the team has talent. I personally think it shows the boy's mental strength and character for them to ignore everything that is going on around them and still go out there and get a win. Kuddos to them. I wish them continued success.

The conversation here is in regards to the coach. Almost every parent can agree that they do not condone using an illegal player. If the manager and assistant knew, you are right, they should receive some type of punishment. But what you are failing to realize and what has been proven in previous instances, the coach is the one responsible for his team, thus he is the one North Texas goes after. When there were rumors about the Rebels using older players, everyone wanted the coaches head. Why is this situation any different?

If you are a parent on the team, which I can only assume you are based on your stance, I feel for you and your son for the situation you are going through. Whether the Coach, Manager, Assistant or little billy's dad knew, if they got caught using an illegal player, they have to pay the price for it.
Dwight
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mexkan77 05/02/20, 02:39 pm

@dwight you assume because I'm calling you out on your gossip I have a kid on team? If only I was to be so lucky .. the original question was "What happened to the team, they forfeited all of their games?" @doubledown had the the answer I'm assuming @alittlebitofsanity was looking for unless he wanted to start a gossip thread ... @bigballer just emphasized the answer ... and then here you go ... that's why I assumed you were one of the parties involved so I called you out on your gossip ... only one thing I can agree with you is that "Almost every parent can agree they do not condone using and illegal player.. " but the fact of the matter is that these parents did .. my stance is I'm not judging the parents or the Coach.. not my place .. that's up to the board and their findings.. Is he responsible for his team ... absolutely.. but definitely has to be more parties involved and more info (gossip) on the subject .. get with your parents and come back to us ... and if your a Christian man/woman look up John 8:7 see what that says ..

mexkan77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AlittleBitofSanity 05/02/20, 02:51 pm

mexkan77 wrote:@ I'm assuming @alittlebitofsanity was looking for unless he wanted to start a gossip thread ... .

don't care for gossip on 12 and 13 year olds. have been updating scores for a few years now and have never seen forfeited games on classic site. was honestly curious on the circumstance on a team forfeiting their season. only ones who ever get hurt are the kids.

AlittleBitofSanity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mexkan77 05/02/20, 02:55 pm

@alittlebitofsanity ... I didnt think you did and you are 100% correct on the kids

mexkan77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwight 05/02/20, 03:15 pm

I only assumed you had a kid on the team, but now that you have clarified that I will take your word on it.

And going back to my original post, if you look, I stated "word is", not saying that I'm confirming what the parents are saying is true. All of that is hear say to me, which is why I stated I heard it from parents. I don't know what the truth is nor will I pretend to know. I have no horse in this race. The only fact that I can confirm is that the coach was caught in a tournament before, years ago.

But i agree with both of you, at the end of the day, the boys have to suffer because of stupid decisions made by adults. (Leave it to the adults to ruin something as simple and fun as soccer)
Hopefully the situation gets straightened out and the boys can continue to do well.
Dwight
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JukusHakeem 06/02/20, 11:08 am

I heard the same thing- coach was caught doing similar thing years ago. Any truth to that?

I heard his plan now is to still train the boys but not coach at the games- only stay on the sidelines like a parent. I doubt that NTX will allow that if they decide he was guilt in this situation. If so, will he be banned from Classic fields?
So what happens to their GotSoccer rankings if NTX decides they cheated? Has this happened before?
Sucks for those that didn't know, but obviously some were very aware. Shame on them too!

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ctrl Alt de Ligt 06/02/20, 11:27 am

Yes, refer to forum from long ago regarding a Tigres team using ineligible players in a tourney. He was a coach with that group.

Their ranking in gotsoccer is heavily impacted by their tournament play which I assume they will be doing much more of if they leave or get released from Classic League. I believe they are a top 10 team in NTX like YSR has them, but not the #1 team.

Still so unfortunate for the remaining kids and parents who are going to stick with this coach. NTX Soccer should suspend his license.

Ctrl Alt de Ligt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mexkan77 06/02/20, 12:41 pm

lol .. you guys sound like Schiff and Pelosi on CNN news ..
and I'm not even a Trump fan ..  "someone heard" ... "i was told" ... " someone said" ... "word is" ..

mexkan77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ctrl Alt de Ligt 06/02/20, 01:00 pm

mexkan77 wrote:lol .. you guys sound like Schiff and Pelosi on CNN news ..
and I'm not even a Trump fan ..  "someone heard" ... "i was told" ... " someone said" ... "word is" ..

All facts! You won’t find these phrases from me!!

You can always correct based on your first hand knowledge.....if anything needs correction.

Ctrl Alt de Ligt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JukusHakeem 06/02/20, 01:17 pm

mexkan77- That may have been one of the dumbest responses I have even seen.

I guess you don't understand the English language?
We are all "hearing" different stuff. Therefore we say we "heard" or we were "told" vs we "know". No us have said we have "facts".
Therefore you just explained why you are not a Trump fan - you are just like the 2 you mentioned- someone said they heard someone say that someone said - and you turned that into facts.
Seems more and more like you are involved w that team somehow.

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mexkan77 06/02/20, 02:02 pm

@ Ctrl Alt de Ligt  @ JukusHakeem
you guys live for the GOSSIP .. trolls I believe is what you guys are called ...
you guys wanna be the Judge Jury and Executioners of NTX soccer .. lol ..
"Drop the hammer on this guy!" "Set an example out of him!"   lol ...
Id like to contact this Coach and see what kind of assistance he needs?
Since you guys have all the facts and are good NTX investigators could y'all get his info for me?

mexkan77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwight 06/02/20, 02:12 pm

Could you clarify what you mean by "what assistance he needs"?
Dwight
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JukusHakeem 06/02/20, 02:23 pm

Uh oh - Looks like MexCant is sensitive.

From your posts it appears you would fit in perfect with a coach that cheats and lack integrity. Maybe you can hold his hand on the sideline while ya'll watch someone else coach his team and you can keep dreaming that one day you will be part of that team- as you stated earlier. "If only I was to be so lucky "

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mexkan77 06/02/20, 02:27 pm

well @dwight from what I "heard" not a fact .. again maybe the NTX P.I.'s can look into it is that the kid in question his parents dont speak any Engligh and that the Coach doesnt speak any Español .. according to my source that was the job of the assistant Coach and Team Manager was for ... to communicate with the parents due to the language barrier ... and I also have some Intel on said assistant coach and manager that he might find interesting .. I wont share that info on here because ... well of the whole "gossip" situation ...

mexkan77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwight 06/02/20, 02:35 pm

mexkan77 wrote:well @dwight from what I "heard" not a fact .. again maybe the NTX P.I.'s can look into it is that the kid in question his parents dont speak any Engligh and that the Coach doesnt speak any Español .. according to my source that was the job of the assistant Coach and Team Manager was for ... to communicate with the parents due to the language barrier ... and I also have some Intel on said assistant coach and manager that he might find interesting .. I wont share that info on here because ... well of the whole "gossip" situation ...  
What you "heard"?.... You sound like Schiff and Pelosi.... See what I did there?
Dwight
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next