North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Soccer Club Hoppers Should They Be Blacklisted? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Soccer Club Hoppers Should They Be Blacklisted?

Go down

Soccer Club Hoppers Should They Be Blacklisted? Empty Soccer Club Hoppers Should They Be Blacklisted?

Post by GeeSlimmy 07/06/20, 04:09 pm

I'm not sure if this is the place to talk about this but recently I've noticed that either parents or and players are unhappy with the current team or position e.g; (compromised position as defender, not enough game play, not getting rostered) or parents maybe not liking long drives will club hop during the season and sometimes at end of season around July 1st. Now with this said I'm not against some folks leaving a team if the child is unhappy and doesn't feel that the team style of play is good for their development or other reasons.

What I've been seeing is players only playing 1/2 season or 1 season for a club and team then leaving going to another club team and perhaps even a 3rd club team all within 1 years time. To me this is disruptive behavior for the coach and the team and makes no sense for the folks that are doing it. To each is own and that's your business.

So I have some questions:

1. If your child is getting play time on a weaker team but likes the team and is enjoying getting play time why would you leave?

2. If your child feels challenged and is being pushed to work hard outside of their comfort zone why would you leave?

3. If your child's mentality is constantly being tested and he or she cries after practices why would you leave?

Perhaps, we are old school and do not believe in leaving a club team to start the process all over again and have my child need to be excepted again by a new team and start feeling comfortable again..

What are the gains and benefits from joining a team to leave in a few months?

1. Guaranteed play time on the newly joined team because you're a new player and the coach must play you at least a few games to see where you stand? Worth $3000 or more plus uniform etc..?

2. Having all the soccer club uniforms kits for every team!

3. Being able to tell stories about each team and gossip up a storm?

I'm sure I can come up with more questions but I just don't get it.. We join the team and we have a role either we get play time, not always desired position, rostered or not we have a commitment we made to this team. Lets understand what team means and look at professional teams that have tons of players getting paid and not getting rostered and being benched who cares! Grow up and wise up folks and stop disrupting good teams. I know for fact some of the weakest players on teams wind up becoming star players maybe 2nd 3rd or even 4th year once they mature but hopping around I just don't understand it unless it's for a really good reason.

At the end of the day it's your prerogative and I get it but should some of these folks be blacklisted?

GeeSlimmy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Soccer Club Hoppers Should They Be Blacklisted? Empty Re: Soccer Club Hoppers Should They Be Blacklisted?

Post by BWGophers 07/06/20, 05:56 pm

silent

Last edited by BWGophers on 07/06/20, 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Soccer Club Hoppers Should They Be Blacklisted? Empty Re: Soccer Club Hoppers Should They Be Blacklisted?

Post by GeeSlimmy 07/06/20, 06:14 pm

I love the stories.. No ha ha you guys are far from what I would even consider as a club hopper.. What I'm saying is someone who will go on a team for less than 1 season hop to another club mid season for few months then get on another team all within 1 year this is a little extreme case but I've seen it happen and seems a bit disruptive to say the least.. anyhow, but like you said I'm not in the other families shoes and and for sure it's life but would be nice if people would try to do things a bit more mindfully and wisely.

GeeSlimmy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 07/06/20, 06:25 pm

Just one small comment from me... I think if a girl is crying after practices (#3), it's certainly time to find a better situation.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anasazi1300 07/06/20, 06:41 pm

So others should be mindful of what you want and what is best for your daughter even if it is not best for their family and especially their daughter?
Under those circumstances you want to ban them from soccer?
Never mind if it is a toxic environment that causes girls to leave? It is their fault and not the fault of the coach/players/parents who made the situation untenable?

"3. If your child's mentality is constantly being tested and he or she cries after practices why would you leave?"

If my daughter was coming home crying from a negative team environment I would promptly decide that her mental health and psychological well being far outweighed the team that was putting her through that.
I feel sorry for any young person whose guardian thinks that a child should endure an intensely negative situation, that causes them a high level of anxiety, to "toughen them up".
Those people, I refuse to call them parents, should be the ones blocked from having anything to do with children, much less youth sports.

anasazi1300
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by HSM 13/06/20, 07:09 pm

GeeSlimmy wrote:I'm not sure if this is the place to talk about this but recently I've noticed that either parents or and players are unhappy with the current team or position e.g; (compromised position as defender, not enough game play, not getting rostered) or parents maybe not liking long drives will club hop during the season and sometimes at end of season around July 1st. Now with this said I'm not against some folks leaving a team if the child is unhappy and doesn't feel that the team style of play is good for their development or other reasons.

I'm sure I can come up with more questions but I just don't get it.. We join the team and we have a role either we get play time, not always desired position, rostered or not we have a commitment we made to this team. Lets understand what team means and look at professional teams that have tons of players getting paid and not getting rostered and being benched who cares! Grow up and wise up folks and stop disrupting good teams. I know for fact some of the weakest players on teams wind up becoming star players maybe 2nd 3rd or even 4th year once they mature but hopping around I just don't understand it unless it's for a really good reason.

At the end of the day it's your prerogative and I get it but should some of these folks be blacklisted?

I don't understand why would this disrupting good teams? If it's a good team, you don't need that player. People move around for a reason. As long as your kids working hard for their goal, why bother monitoring player hopping teams

HSM
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeeSlimmy 13/06/20, 10:42 pm

[/quote]

I don't understand why would this disrupting good teams? If it's a good team, you don't need that player. People move around for a reason. As long as your kids working hard for their goal, why bother monitoring player hopping teams[/quote]

Welp, I honestly thought this player was a good fit for the team and it was sorta sad to see them go.. on the other hand I also saw good team chemistry starting to develop in the very short time this player was there.. it's unfortunate and still not sure why they hopped away so soon but yeah it happens.

GeeSlimmy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 07/07/20, 05:18 pm

GeeSlimmy wrote:I'm not sure if this is the place to talk about this but recently I've noticed that either parents or and players are unhappy with the current team or position e.g; (compromised position as defender, not enough game play, not getting rostered) or parents maybe not liking long drives will club hop during the season and sometimes at end of season around July 1st. Now with this said I'm not against some folks leaving a team if the child is unhappy and doesn't feel that the team style of play is good for their development or other reasons.

What I've been seeing is players only playing 1/2 season or 1 season for a club and team then leaving going to another club team and perhaps even a 3rd club team all within 1 years time. To me this is disruptive behavior for the coach and the team and makes no sense for the folks that are doing it. To each is own and that's your business.

So I have some questions:

1. If your child is getting play time on a weaker team but likes the team and is enjoying getting play time why would you leave?

2. If your child feels challenged and is being pushed to work hard outside of their comfort zone why would you leave?

3. If your child's mentality is constantly being tested and he or she cries after practices why would you leave?

Perhaps, we are old school and do not believe in leaving a club team to start the process all over again and have my child need to be excepted again by a new team and start feeling comfortable again..

What are the gains and benefits from joining a team to leave in a few months?

1. Guaranteed play time on the newly joined team because you're a new player and the coach must play you at least a few games to see where you stand? Worth $3000 or more plus uniform etc..?

2. Having all the soccer club uniforms kits for every team!

3. Being able to tell stories about each team and gossip up a storm?

Are you having a problem keeping players coach?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 08/07/20, 11:07 pm

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down