North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Thanksgiving soccer action Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Thanksgiving soccer action

Go down

Thanksgiving soccer action Empty Thanksgiving soccer action

Post by bronxdad 29/11/10, 11:51 am

I have not heard anything discussed? ECNL games? Feet showcase? Texas cup? I saw Sting/Lonestars tied and AHFC looked like they pulled an upset Saturday. Anyone with any insight on how the weekend went locally? Question

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving soccer action Empty Re: Thanksgiving soccer action

Post by Gunners 29/11/10, 11:57 am

Did Lonestars just have the one game?

It's still confusing to me if the game(s) played this weekend affect the team's ECNL standing or not.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by justbecause 29/11/10, 12:00 pm

Gunners wrote:Did Lonestars just have the one game?

It's still confusing to me if the game(s) played this weekend affect the team's ECNL standing or not.

FC 2 Lonestars 1
FC 5 Challenge 0
Sting 0 Lonestars 0
Sting 3 Challenge 0
justbecause
justbecause
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 29/11/10, 12:01 pm

Wow, nice weekend for FC!

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by justbecause 29/11/10, 12:01 pm

Yep it was the first of the regional games

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/standings/28051288/15.html

justbecause
justbecause
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bronxdad 29/11/10, 12:05 pm

justbecause wrote:

FC 2 Lonestars 1
FC 5 Challenge 0
Sting 0 Lonestars 0
Sting 3 Challenge 0

and a Lonestars upset as well

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 29/11/10, 02:15 pm

Yes, the Sting, Lonestars, FC Dallas and Challenge games all count towards the ECNL standings. The regular season is comprised of (3)showcase events with 3 games at each event PLUS (4) games against regional competition. For our area, the regional games are between Feet, Sting, FC Dallas, Solar Red, Lonestars, Challenge (for example Feet plays all in but Solar Red).

bronx...
Not sure what AHFC upset you're referring to. Albion lost to OFC 2-0 and lost to Feet 3-1. I think they won their other games...but no upset wins that I'm aware of.
Feet's scores: 0-0 tie with Space City FC, 3-1 win over Albion, 6-0 win over Gilbert Arsenal (Arizona) and 2-0 win over Hurricane Rhein.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 29/11/10, 02:27 pm

Very nice win for FCD over Lonestars. I have to admit I was surprised at the result. And not to take away from the win, but just want to clarify for those not understanding the roster situation. FCD can (as can all ECNL teams) build their ECNL roster with kids from different teams within the club...it's not necessarily the FCD team we know from Lake Highlands.

If my info is correct the FCD '96 ECNL team has some additional players that aren't on their normal squad. I heard at least one from FCD South (Revolution) and I think a couple of 96s from the '95 team (old NTX United 95) who normally play up. I also heard that some of those won't be playing with 96s in Raleigh...but with the 95s. Can any FC Dallas folks clarify? This stuff is hard to keep up with.

Last edited by socrocks on 29/11/10, 03:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bronxdad 29/11/10, 02:35 pm

socrocks wrote:Yes, the Sting, Lonestars, FC Dallas and Challenge games all count towards the ECNL standings. The regular season is comprised of (3)showcase events with 3 games at each event PLUS (4) games against regional competition. For our area, the regional games are between Feet, Sting, FC Dallas, Solar Red, Lonestars, Challenge (for example Feet plays all in but Solar Red).

bronx...
Not sure what AHFC upset you're referring to. Albion lost to OFC 2-0 and lost to Feet 3-1. I think they won their other games...but no upset wins that I'm aware of.
Feet's scores: 0-0 tie with Space City FC, 3-1 win over Albion, 6-0 win over Gilbert Arsenal (Arizona) and 2-0 win over Hurricane Rhein.

this score when originally posted was reversed; FB #4 4:45 PM 0 AHFC U/15 vs D’Feeters U/15 4

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 29/11/10, 02:42 pm

Yeah, I heard there were some errors with some of the scores that were posted. The one you pasted (I assume from the D'Feeter's website) is incorrect also. The score was definitely 3-1.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bronxdad 29/11/10, 02:44 pm

socrocks wrote:Yeah, I heard there were some errors with some of the scores that were posted. The one you pasted (I assume from the D'Feeter's website) is incorrect also. The score was definitely 3-1.

cut & pasted from the Feet results page, need to fire the person doing that. As I reviewed the scores on my iPad over my Sunday breakfast it said 4-0 AHFC

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 29/11/10, 03:05 pm

bronxdad wrote:
socrocks wrote:Yeah, I heard there were some errors with some of the scores that were posted. The one you pasted (I assume from the D'Feeter's website) is incorrect also. The score was definitely 3-1.

cut & pasted from the Feet results page, need to fire the person doing that. As I reviewed the scores on my iPad over my Sunday breakfast it said 4-0 AHFC

It may have been an Albion volunteer!
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by zygor 29/11/10, 03:30 pm

socrocks wrote:Very nice win for FCD over Lonestars. I have to admit I was surprised at the result. And not to take away from the win, but just want to clarify for those not understanding the roster situation. FCD can (as can all ECNL teams) build their ECNL roster with kids from different teams within the club...it's not necessarily the FCD team we know from Lake Highlands.

If my info is correct the FCD '96 ECNL team has some additional players that aren't on their normal squad. I heard at least one from FCD South (Revolution) and I think a couple of 96s from the '95 team (old NTX United 95) who normally play up. I also heard that some of those won't be playing with 96s in Raleigh...but with the 95s. Can any FC Dallas folks clarify? This stuff is hard to keep up with.
How do we sign up for these scouting reports before game time? Crying or Very sad
zygor
zygor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/11/10, 03:43 pm

socrocks wrote:Very nice win for FCD over Lonestars. I have to admit I was surprised at the result. And not to take away from the win, but just want to clarify for those not understanding the roster situation. FCD can (as can all ECNL teams) build their ECNL roster with kids from different teams within the club...it's not necessarily the FCD team we know from Lake Highlands. If my info is correct the FCD '96 ECNL team has some additional players that aren't on their normal squad. I heard at least one from FCD South (Revolution) and I think a couple of 96s from the '95 team (old NTX United 95) who normally play up. I also heard that some of those won't be playing with 96s in Raleigh...but with the 95s. Can any FC Dallas folks clarify? This stuff is hard to keep up with.
I guess several teams per age group can be a blessing for some of the clubs now. I also think it will help some of the players and parents outlook as far as not being on the age groups top team in the club. I like what I am hearing and reading so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by justbecause 29/11/10, 04:07 pm

socrocks wrote:Very nice win for FCD over Lonestars. I have to admit I was surprised at the result. And not to take away from the win, but just want to clarify for those not understanding the roster situation. FCD can (as can all ECNL teams) build their ECNL roster with kids from different teams within the club...it's not necessarily the FCD team we know from Lake Highlands.

There is one 95 playing, and two Revolution Girls. There are some younger girls as well. Not sure about the 95 not playing in Raleigh. This is what I have heard and by no means should be considered completely accurate. With this ECNL stuff, things can change very quickly. All of the FCD 96 (the normal squad) girls are in the pool and at anytime could be used as part of this team.
justbecause
justbecause
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 29/11/10, 04:15 pm

zygor wrote:

How do we sign up for these scouting reports before game time? Crying or Very sad
Zygor, if you figure it out let me in on it. I got the info...post mortem.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 29/11/10, 04:48 pm

I was just looking at the u15 Texas Cup results. A little surprised with Solar Blue's results. Not consistent with the progress I thought I'd seen being made. Maybe Sloppy Joe can fill us in.

Full, healthy roster? Or just a couple of "off" games?

Feet definitely laid an egg vs Space City, pretty short roster vs Hurricane Rhein (4th game). Will have to sharper and healthier in Raleigh the coming weekend.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sloppy joe 30/11/10, 11:32 am

It was a strange weekend. The girls were about as consistent as the weather. Every other game the girls looked great. Every other game the weather was not too bad.

SB had about a five minute collapse v. Solar: I can't explain it. Played "ok" against Andromeda - just seemed out of sync. Andromeda has a scrappy team and should get credit for playing well the whole weekend.

SB is missing two players, and will be for a while. But SB had more bodies than when SB played Feet, so I don't think that explains it.

Good luck to you guys in Raliegh.
sloppy joe
sloppy joe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 30/11/10, 12:55 pm

Despite the old standby...."hey, they're 11 yr old girls waddya expect?," I've come to learn that it really doesn't matter how old they are or whether they're girls or boys, somedays you just never know who's showing up.

Thanks for the well wishes, SJ. In fact, good luck to all of the NTX teams. I'll start a new thread with each team's schedule and a link for easy reference...in case anyone is interested.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down