North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DM Players looking for Greener Grass already? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

DM Players looking for Greener Grass already?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DM Players looking for Greener Grass already? Empty DM Players looking for Greener Grass already?

Post by Guest 05/04/11, 08:32 pm

Hot off the rumor mill (Friend of a Friend of a Friend "aka Reliable Source" where all good rumors originate)... heard a '04 DM player 'Critical to their team' is shopping around? Is the honey moon over already? Talk about an unstable atmosphere! Will they even make it to the PT Tourney???

Back to top Go down

DM Players looking for Greener Grass already? Empty Re: DM Players looking for Greener Grass already?

Post by Guest 05/04/11, 08:44 pm

Offensive or Defensive? That's the third Rowdie I know who could be leaving.

Back to top Go down

DM Players looking for Greener Grass already? Empty Re: DM Players looking for Greener Grass already?

Post by Guest 05/04/11, 08:52 pm

Not only is the honeymoon over, but a move might require the morning after pill.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 05/04/11, 10:17 pm

No idea about 04's but appears one or 2 02's will be looking for a new team soon also.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wxyz 05/04/11, 10:24 pm

Why would anyone want to leave DM the Greatest? Who is DM anyway?

wxyz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 05/04/11, 11:19 pm

not always a choice of "wanting to" leave

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 06/04/11, 12:56 am

I'm starting an 04 team now so any rowdies kicked off for not shaving legs pm me.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 06/04/11, 05:00 am

The day DM is bothered about losing kids is the day Yellowstone blows and we're all screwed!

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 06/04/11, 08:40 am

I have heard that the skilled small midfield that currently plays for both Dalglish and Rowdies will be only playing Dalglish after SDL ends....not sure if this is who the original poster is referring to!
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AlterEgo 06/04/11, 08:55 am

What the eff is a DM?

AlterEgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BastaYa! 06/04/11, 09:03 am

If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, consider what may be fertilizing it.
BastaYa!
BastaYa!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerlady 06/04/11, 09:24 am

AlterEgo wrote:What the eff is a DM?

Ah, you must be asking, "Who is DM?" Well, very good question. Posters, have at it!

soccerlady
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Txfutboldad 06/04/11, 09:27 am

soccerlady wrote:

Ah, you must be asking, "Who is DM?" Well, very good question. Posters, have at it!

Please, no ........
Txfutboldad
Txfutboldad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AlterEgo 06/04/11, 09:27 am

Txfutboldad wrote:
soccerlady wrote:

Please, no ........

You are sick.
What next? Cat Juggling?

AlterEgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 06/04/11, 09:46 am

wxyz wrote:Why would anyone want to leave DM the Greatest? Who is DM anyway?

David May

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbit 06/04/11, 09:53 am

wolf2.0 wrote:The day DM is bothered about losing kids is the day Yellowstone blows and we're all screwed!

At least there is one person posting in this thread that has a clue. DM loses players all the time and gains players all the time. Isn't that the way things work in academy anyways?
hobbit
hobbit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 06/04/11, 09:56 am

hobbit wrote:
wolf2.0 wrote:The day DM is bothered about losing kids is the day Yellowstone blows and we're all screwed!

At least there is one person posting in this thread that has a clue. DM loses players all the time and gains players all the time. Isn't that the way things work in academy anyways?

it is that way in many places, but it shouldn't be.
as a professional scout, i can tell you, no one cares or remembers what a player does at age 7...9...11...13

it's unfortunate for so many great kids and families

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/04/11, 10:01 am

SO, as a professional scout (Eagle?), players shouldn't be moving to different academies? If no one cares what they do at this age, why does it matter?

Why is it unfortunate for so many families? We have tried multiple academies and learned quite a bit and made lots of friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 06/04/11, 10:08 am

TXSoccerMommy wrote:Hot off the rumor mill (Friend of a Friend of a Friend "aka Reliable Source" where all good rumors originate)... heard a '04 DM player 'Critical to their team' is shopping around? Is the honey moon over already? Talk about an unstable atmosphere! Will they even make it to the PT Tourney???

04 = a 7 year old player shopping around is news, or even a big deal.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 06/04/11, 10:25 am

Agreed................................ that's why we have choices-find the best fit for your own kid. obviously if she doesn't get to play or cant keep up skill wise-leave and find a better fit where your kid can play and succeed and get better. Kids will bounce back and make friends quickly on other teams (parents seem to have more trouble with this than the kids).Some of these top teams are not for everyone and it's kind of cool to be on a middle or lower team that improves into a top team without the added presure.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 06/04/11, 10:25 am

7 yr olds don't shop for teams their parents do. Kids just want to play.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 06/04/11, 10:31 am

TNT wrote:
TXSoccerMommy wrote:Hot off the rumor mill (Friend of a Friend of a Friend "aka Reliable Source" where all good rumors originate)... heard a '04 DM player 'Critical to their team' is shopping around? Is the honey moon over already? Talk about an unstable atmosphere! Will they even make it to the PT Tourney???

04 = a 7 year old player shopping around is news, or even a big deal.
Only a big deal to the people who want to stir up crap!!

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/04/11, 10:39 am

go99 wrote:7 yr olds don't shop for teams their parents do. Kids just want to play.

Right, but when the 7 yr old is having fun or it isn't a good situation, it is the parents job to fix it. Nothing wrong with shopping around for the best fit for your DD and that fit may change. My DD, along with most of them out there, has changed plenty during academy and change, although hard at times, has been good for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 06/04/11, 10:40 am

Blank77 wrote:SO, as a professional scout (Eagle?), players shouldn't be moving to different academies? If no one cares what they do at this age, why does it matter?

Why is it unfortunate for so many families? We have tried multiple academies and learned quite a bit and made lots of friends.

Academy is set up, in theory, to serve the player and the family: find the right environment, find the right coach for your child, find a love for the game, and develop, develop, develop. This is lost on most parents and players because the system has taken a down-turn. There's tremendous pressure to be on this team or that team without regard to what is best for the young athlete. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule, as we are all aware.

The issue lies firmly in the hands of those who foster the attitude and environment of the "need" to be in the place or that place: that's both parents and coaches.
I cannot tell you how many times we hear from parents with academy aged kids "my child plays for this team"...or "that club". My response is: Ok. Is he/she having fun? Do they want to be there? Are they developing? Are they a good team player? How does their coach treat them? (etc). You would almost laugh at the looks on faces when they realize most in my profession are not concerned at age 7 or 9 whether they play for Club XXXXXXX.

If you are meeting friends and learning, fantastic for you. And good for you as a parent.

As to your why is it unfortunate for families question? I will tell you to simply watch what happens to so many as they get destroyed through the process; at the complete mercy of coaches and who clubs without the best interest of young players in mind. Again, there are certainly exceptions to this "rule", of course there are. But they are more rare than they are common.

Funny, I hear it all the time about how coaches on young academy teams threaten and demoralize parents and players for wanting to try other programs, teams, coaches and coaching styles. They pressure those families, guilt them into putting blinders on FOR THE SAKE OF THE COACH'S own selfish success ambition.

My encouragement to anyone with a young, developmental player: FIND THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR CHILD. Find the coach that meets the emotional and developmental needs of your child. And find a level-appropriate team, in conjunction with the previous 2 statements.

Do what is right for YOUR family.
And never let anyone convince you otherwise.
Have and hold on to your integrity as a leader of your family.

And one last note: at every level of sport, the teams with the least amount of turn-over on a regular basis, are the teams that have the most consistent success. This is not due to having the best player(s) on the field; it's due to consistency and fostering an environment of team and core group. Some change is okay, sure, but maturing together as a group and developing together as a group goes much further than most will ever realize.

Last edited by pro16 on 06/04/11, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 06/04/11, 10:42 am

I try to do as little change as possible and do a better job of looking for that fit the first time. I don't get distracted by the shiny new things with their promise of wins and 7yr old glory. Good coaching in an enviorment she can learn. Top team this, win that, can all wait until she is closer to selct. I don't need to do a ton of moving because I already know there are more bad coaches than good
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next