North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Preseason Top 10 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Preseason Top 10

Go down

Preseason Top 10 Empty Preseason Top 10

Post by RoidRage 04/08/11, 09:43 am

This is my preseason top 10....I will come out with my formal Top 20 after the Aug tourneys. This poll is based more on opinion than past results also taking into account player movement between teams.

1. SRSA Webb 02- they brought back their stud forward from FCD and also gained Fever forward(I Heard) and gained Stavou's goalie. Didn't loose anyone of significance. Additions gives them goalie depth and forward depth.

2. FCD Premier- key additions is several of Stavou's top players including stud forward. Lost stud forward back to Webb. Heard Glotz goalie guested...not sure if she joined. The switch of the forwards was a wash, but with other added Stavou pieces team should be improved from last spring.

3. DT- Higginbotham- didn't lose any players or gain any either. I believe the players stayed pat....but did have one key improvement "coaching". Higginbotham is a top coach that coaches the Texans ECNL teams. His coaching should be a huge improvement over DM.

4.DT-Glotz- didn't gain any players but the key thing is after all the turmoil and board rumors of impending implosion they didn't loose anyone either(I heard). I also heard top players have been guesting with Defeeters, FCD, DT South and even saw that some guested with DT Vigil. It appears Coach has kept team together...but is on notice!

5.Fever Red- I have heard of only one player defection and that was top forward to Webb. I believe evryone else is on board. Team is always plays as a solid team without any superstars.

6. DT South- This team is hard to judge. They are always good, but have avoided top competition. On the other hand if they have actually rostered the 2 forwards from Waco Blast to go along with their solid defence than they could beat anyone on this list! Time will tell.

7. Solar Dynamo- I believe they have gained some of the players from Stavou...no stud players but key contributers that has added nice depth. Also heard they got Stavou's goalie but then heard she went to Webb...so not sure on this. Didn't lose anyone of significance. Need to see them in 11v11.

8. Waco Blast- 2 stud forwards any team would love to have. Have heard forwards also play with DT South....I know I have seen them guest with them. Hell, maybe they are rostered on both teams. Anyhow, if 2 forwards are still here than they are top 10 team...if they aren't here than they fall out of top 10.

9. Solar East- this team is always pretty competitive. Not sure of any additions or losses. Have trouble scoring on higher ranked teams but their defence is usually pretty solid.

10. FCD Renfro- this team is a by-product of FCD Premier....since FCD Premier has gotten better Renfro has the luxury of getting very good players that used to be on FCD Premier. This team will surprise some this year.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Preseason Top 10 Empty Re: Preseason Top 10

Post by egtd23 04/08/11, 10:39 am

Roid- These are spot on. Looks like the rich got richer.

egtd23
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 04/08/11, 10:57 am

Who was Higgenbotham before the reported coaching upgrade?
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 04/08/11, 10:59 am

tmcc wrote:Who was Higgenbotham before the reported coaching upgrade?

My bad. Just realized that is probably Rowdies.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/11, 11:56 am

tmcc wrote:Who was Higgenbotham before the reported coaching upgrade?

Smith, Higginbotham National Coaches of the Year
By Phil Stephens

Ryan Higginbotham, Dallas Texans, was named girls' national youth coach of the year last January at the NSCAA convention. Kevin Smith, Solar coach and founder, was the boys' coach of the year. One of the real highlights of the year came early, as two Dallas youth soccer coaches (Kevin Smith and Ryan Higginbotham) were recognized by their peers as the national coaches of the year. The coaches have demonstrated their abilities many years on local and national venues. So it shouldn’t have been shocking when the beam of national recognition shined on these outstanding coaches from their coaching peers.

Solar Soccer Club founder and Coach Smith and Higginbotham, Dallas Texans’ director of coaching for the girls’ division were honored, respectively, by the National Soccer Coaches Association America (NSCAA) Friday as Youth Boys Coach of the Year and Youth Girls Coach of the Year at the NSCAA national convention last January in St. Louis.

They were two of the 26 coaches picked as national coaches of the year in their individual categories.

Youth Boys - Kevin Smith, Solar Soccer Club, Dallas, Texas
Smith has coached various teams for Solar Soccer Club for 21 years and taken
five teams to nationals. He led his Solar ‘89 boy’s team to the 2008 national title, a side that also was the first team in Dallas to win the classic league eight years in a row. His teams also have won several Surf Cup and Disney showcase titles, including his Solar ‘83 boys defeating the National Team in one Disney Showcase final. He has a career record of 311-93-26 in 24 years (through last January) and is also the Coaching Director of the Solar club.

Youth Girls - Ryan Higginbotham, Dallas Texans
The director of coaching for the girls division of the Dallas Texans Soccer Club, Higginbotham oversees all the club¹s girls’ teams and coaches their U-16, U-17 and U-18 Dallas division teams. He led his ‘91 and ‘92 girls’ teams to national titles in 2008. His ‘91 team won the USYS Region III championship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 04/08/11, 12:59 pm

RH is the director of girl's coaching at Texans and typically has the Texan's top U16-U19 teams.

He has won national championships w 92s(2) and 93s. He has been extremely successful at hooking up his players with college D1 coaches (mostly by the end of their sophmore year).

All his teams have had good success, but the 94-97s have not been as successful as the older teams (Some might reference that Kenny Medina [DOC at Sting] had put together the core of those teams, but RH still had them for a year [I think] before they won their national championships ... Under Medina;s leadership Sting has won 4 national championships in the last couple years.

RH has spend most of his time coaching girls that are a bit older, and even more important, dealing with parents that are several years into select. It should be interesting to see how long this pairing lasts ... I don't think he'll have the patience for 9/10 year olds or their newbie parents.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 04/08/11, 02:53 pm

I heard this is pretty much the list of teams that signed up for PTCL. Any of the above teams not playing PTCL?
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 04/08/11, 04:19 pm

Comment on Glotz team.
I heard that many Glotz players were looking to leave because they figured out they would not be the Top Texans team(which I think is too early to tell) and were thinking ahead to ECNL - so were looking at Defeeters and even some looking at Sting. Rowdies played a Defeetrs team that had just as many Glotz players as Defeeters players indoor this summer, I was not present but many of our parents recognized them b/c we have several players formerly from Glotz. I would hope they would stay together and stay a strong front, I think even losing a few they'll be top 10 , but would be great if they could remain full strength. Rowdies enter this season with 16-I doubt he'll take any more than that, but could see some changes possibly being made after Fall season.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by helicopter02 04/08/11, 10:35 pm

Correction: There were 2 Glotz girls at that indoor game and the Rowdies played the Feet 03 team. That was not the 02 team.

helicopter02
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 05/08/11, 01:29 am

I do not see in my post where I stated the game was an 02 game, I merely stated Rowdies played the Defeeters not refernce to 02 or 03 Defeeters.Yes it was the 03 game but there were more 02's on the field than there were 03's; Glotz, Defeeters who ever, the team was made up of mostly 02 players probably due to girls being out of town etc etc. . In fact, several of the 03 Defeeter parents were very upset at the number of 02 girls who were called in to play in an 03 game. In fact several of their regualr 03 starter studs did not start bc the 02's started. Our team was told that Skip was away and thought it was his 02 team playing , rather than his 03 team-so he called in the 02 subs and Glotz players, new coach Franc didn't know different and thought it was 02 game as well-so he played 02's mostly. Either way they didn't help much game was very one-sided , was a much better game a few weeks later when we actually played the 03 team.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by helicopter02 05/08/11, 05:24 am

True you didn't state which team. Not meant to ruffle feathers. The part about there were as many Glotz as Defeeters is not correct. Excited to see all the teams playing soon.

helicopter02
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerA 06/08/11, 12:06 pm

RoidRage wrote:This is my preseason top 10....I will come out with my formal Top 20 after the Aug tourneys. This poll is based more on opinion than past results also taking into account player movement between teams.

1. SRSA Webb 02- they brought back their stud forward from FCD and also gained Fever forward(I Heard) and gained Stavou's goalie. Didn't loose anyone of significance. Additions gives them goalie depth and forward depth.

2. FCD Premier- key additions is several of Stavou's top players including stud forward. Lost stud forward back to Webb. Heard Glotz goalie guested...not sure if she joined. The switch of the forwards was a wash, but with other added Stavou pieces team should be improved from last spring.

3. DT- Higginbotham- didn't lose any players or gain any either. I believe the players stayed pat....but did have one key improvement "coaching". Higginbotham is a top coach that coaches the Texans ECNL teams. His coaching should be a huge improvement over DM.

4.DT-Glotz- didn't gain any players but the key thing is after all the turmoil and board rumors of impending implosion they didn't loose anyone either(I heard). I also heard top players have been guesting with Defeeters, FCD, DT South and even saw that some guested with DT Vigil. It appears Coach has kept team together...but is on notice!

5.Fever Red- I have heard of only one player defection and that was top forward to Webb. I believe evryone else is on board. Team is always plays as a solid team without any superstars.

6. DT South- This team is hard to judge. They are always good, but have avoided top competition. On the other hand if they have actually rostered the 2 forwards from Waco Blast to go along with their solid defence than they could beat anyone on this list! Time will tell.

7. Solar Dynamo- I believe they have gained some of the players from Stavou...no stud players but key contributers that has added nice depth. Also heard they got Stavou's goalie but then heard she went to Webb...so not sure on this. Didn't lose anyone of significance. Need to see them in 11v11.

8. Waco Blast- 2 stud forwards any team would love to have. Have heard forwards also play with DT South....I know I have seen them guest with them. Hell, maybe they are rostered on both teams. Anyhow, if 2 forwards are still here than they are top 10 team...if they aren't here than they fall out of top 10.

9. Solar East- this team is always pretty competitive. Not sure of any additions or losses. Have trouble scoring on higher ranked teams but their defence is usually pretty solid.

10. FCD Renfro- this team is a by-product of FCD Premier....since FCD Premier has gotten better Renfro has the luxury of getting very good players that used to be on FCD Premier. This team will surprise some this year.

I agree with your top ten pick. However, SRSA WEBB defeated FCD's studs with their own stud fowards 2 out of 3 times. So I would say that the team did get richer with the addition. Good day everyone!

soccerA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBull 09/08/11, 07:10 am

1. FCD Premiere( last one standing in PT Championship tourney)
2. Rowdies (I watched the Rowdies vs. Webb and Webb 1 min away from victory)
3. SRSA Webb (see above...Webb has beaten FCD 2out of last 3...top 3 are so close)
4. Fever Red (won PT Shootout tied Webb and has tied Glotz last 2 times...beat DT South in spring)
5. DT South ( hasn't played much this summer...but beat Glotz last spring)
6. DT Glotz (has tied FCD, Webb, Fever Red, but has never beaten anyone ranked ahead of them...good def but need to score more consistently)
7. Dynamo (always tough and has added a lot of Stavou's but needs to show they can play 11v11)
8. Waco Blast (showed they can play with win over Webb...has lost to Glotz twice and tied Fever Red)
9. TFC Elite (this team needs to play or they will go the way of Stavou)
10. DT North Rangel (has been banging it with the 01's, but has lost to Webb and Glotz in Carey Inv.)
11. Polaris (won Legends tourney..tied and beat Sting Okeefe)
12. FCD Renfro ( lost to Solar East in bracket but beat them in Finals of Blue Cup)
13. FWU (lost to Solar East in bracket but beat them in final of Lightening Cup)
14. Solar East (is basically equal to FCD Renfro and FWU but lost in finals to both after beating both in bracket)
15. Defeeters (won PT Shootout U9 Div)
16. Sting Okeefe (in Legends tourney tied Polaris in bracket then lost to Polaris in final)
17. Fever White (in PT Shootout U9 beat Defeeters in bracket then lost to them in final)
18. Solar Tarrant
19. TFC Wells (best of the TFC teams)
20. Texas Spirit North (beat Andromeda Patt in PT Championship tourney bracket play)

This was the end of spring rankings.

RedBull
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 09/08/11, 10:26 pm

Still waiting for those (new teams) that will challenge the top teams, to challenge this ranking. Where did that person go?
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 09/08/11, 11:13 pm

RedBull wrote:1. FCD Premiere( last one standing in PT Championship tourney)
3. SRSA Webb (see above...Webb has beaten FCD 2out of last 3...top 3 are so close)
4. Fever Red (won PT Shootout tied Webb and has tied Glotz last 2 times...beat DT South in spring)
6. DT Glotz (has tied FCD, Webb, Fever Red, but has never beaten anyone ranked ahead of them...good def but need to score more consistently)
7. Dynamo (always tough and has added a lot of Stavou's but needs to show they can play 11v11)
8. Waco Blast (showed they can play with win over Webb...has lost to Glotz twice and tied Fever Red)
10. DT North Rangel (has been banging it with the 01's, but has lost to Webb and Glotz in Carey Inv.)
12. FCD Renfro ( lost to Solar East in bracket but beat them in Finals of Blue Cup)
13. FWU (lost to Solar East in bracket but beat them in final of Lightening Cup)
14. Solar East (is basically equal to FCD Renfro and FWU but lost in finals to both after beating both in bracket)
16. Sting Okeefe (in Legends tourney tied Polaris in bracket then lost to Polaris in final)
17. Fever White (in PT Shootout U9 beat Defeeters in bracket then lost to them in final)
18. Solar Tarrant
20. Texas Spirit North (beat Andromeda Patt in PT Championship tourney bracket play)

1 thru 3 are interchangable at any time . Kat cant beat Rowdies, Rowdies cant beat FCD, FCD has lost to kat . Creepy triangle , should get worked out next season as all are playing in same league. Games may come down to depth on bench, and coaching . FCD doesnt have much of bench (few kids-but strong) Rowdies has bench-some strong few not strong , Kat has weaker bench.IMO
[color=red]Coaching - Grubbs strong coach, tend to keep certain kids in too long wearing them down. Smart at passing and set plays. Some parents love him some dont like any good coach. One thing I like -when it counts he does not care about equal PT!
Kat- strong coach but loses cool when down. They do not look like most organized team -but Kat gets best out of them-they have some roamers on the field but it seems to work for them. I think they lost a few weak players and this will help them-have many avg/good players who play very well toegther. Good chemisrty. Will have better frwd up top now that they got old frwd from Grubbs back.
RH- We'll see how he adjust to 9 year olds, know nothing about coaching style at this age.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/08/11, 10:55 am

RedBull wrote:1. FCD Premiere( last one standing in PT Championship tourney)
18. Solar Tarrant

Texas Summer Classic; Solar Dynamo, Polaris, DT Rangel= Very competitive games and evenly matched.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down