North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Fall Kick-Off Classic August 19th - 21st - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Fall Kick-Off Classic August 19th - 21st

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fall Kick-Off Classic August 19th - 21st - Page 3 Empty Re: Fall Kick-Off Classic August 19th - 21st

Post by Guest 21/08/11, 01:29 pm

2-1

Back to top Go down

Fall Kick-Off Classic August 19th - 21st - Page 3 Empty Re: Fall Kick-Off Classic August 19th - 21st

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 01:55 pm

Master Bates wrote:IMO Dalglish possessed the ball much better than kenn for two thirds of the game, then kenn put on the pressure for the last part to try get the tying goal. Probably Dalglish overall was the better team but also great effort from kenn. One thing I would say is when kenn dont have their 03s in the team it may get tough.

Entertaining game to watch. The pressure in the final 8 min coincided with the subbing of our 2 outside mids. they were doing a great job all game of winning balls, moving balls and shutting down any attack from outside. as soon as they went out it changed the game. Dalglish has been in search of a keeper for some time now..... so if there is anyone wanting a shot...... Laughing Would like to see that game without the solar 03s in there. i know one on the outside put a few nice crosses right in the box. The 2 goals for LP came from the 2 05 girls. cheers Very fun game today. All the parents seemed to be in order. Enjoyed everything but the heat!!
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 02:00 pm

Pitchdad wrote:I'm sure I will be corrected if wrong, but dont they also have an 06 on Dalglish?

and no, no 06
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/08/11, 02:54 pm

the solar kenn v Daglish was a fun game. No idea why Kenn had 03 players, it would seem to take away from the 04 players play time and really defeats the purpose of playing the team up. I think they had a solid group of 04 players and should have used this tournament as an opportunity to prepare for next season if they are going to play up (unless they are going to roster those players). BTW shelby what happened to DTS 03 second team? They didn't look like the team we played before at all. From the looks of some of the 04's this weekend DT rosales could put down a claim to be stronger than Kenn and don't forget the rowdies now texans. Lots of talent and now good coaching could make them a force. So come on Kennington. Either drop the 03's and play up or stay in the 04's
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 21/08/11, 03:12 pm

go99 wrote:the solar kenn v Daglish was a fun game. No idea why Kenn had 03 players, it would seem to take away from the 04 players play time and really defeats the purpose of playing the team up. I think they had a solid group of 04 players and should have used this tournament as an opportunity to prepare for next season if they are going to play up (unless they are going to roster those players). BTW shelby what happened to DTS 03 second team? They didn't look like the team we played before at all. From the looks of some of the 04's this weekend DT rosales could put down a claim to be stronger than Kenn and don't forget the rowdies now texans. Lots of talent and now good coaching could make them a force. So come on Kennington. Either drop the 03's and play up or stay in the 04's

Kenn only used '03's this tourney due to several of his '04's out of town this weekend. There is no plans for any of the '03's to play regular season with the '04's.

Don't jump all over Kenn as LP had an HUGE '03 goalie but Kenn was using an '04 goalie. He had his '03 goalie out of the field which he could have put in the box and made it a different game too.

Also remember this is Solar 1st time playing 9v9 were LP has a lot more experience and trust me it showed. We now know what we need to work on and that was the whole point of this tourney for our team. Moving up to a bigger field is a whole new game play then it was on the 7v7 field.

I will say LP did dominate the game for about half the game. The first 12mins (before 1st water break) it was very evenly matched with the ball spending equal time on both ends of the field. The last part of the 1st half and the 1st part of the 2nd half LP did dominate the game a lot more. They played a wider field then Solar did. The 2nd part of the 2nd half (after water break) Solar put the pressure on and it looked like the Solar team we all know to be one of the best.

Don't count Solar out because this tourney was a stepping stone for them and they will do good during regular season and will be a very competitive team.

I will give LP big props on how aggressive their girls are. Congrats on today's 4th place finish LP.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 03:19 pm

lovesoccer wrote:
go99 wrote:the solar kenn v Daglish was a fun game. No idea why Kenn had 03 players, it would seem to take away from the 04 players play time and really defeats the purpose of playing the team up. I think they had a solid group of 04 players and should have used this tournament as an opportunity to prepare for next season if they are going to play up (unless they are going to roster those players). BTW shelby what happened to DTS 03 second team? They didn't look like the team we played before at all. From the looks of some of the 04's this weekend DT rosales could put down a claim to be stronger than Kenn and don't forget the rowdies now texans. Lots of talent and now good coaching could make them a force. So come on Kennington. Either drop the 03's and play up or stay in the 04's

Kenn only used '03's this tourney due to several of his '04's out of town this weekend. There is no plans for any of the '03's to play regular season with the '04's.

Don't jump all over Kenn as LP had an HUGE '03 goalie but Kenn was using an '04 goalie. He had his '03 goalie out of the field which he could have put in the box and made it a different game too.

Also remember this is Solar 1st time playing 9v9 were LP has a lot more experience and trust me it showed. We now know what we need to work on and that was the whole point of this tourney for our team. Moving up to a bigger field is a whole new game play then it was on the 7v7 field.

I will say LP did dominate the game for about half the game. The first 12mins (before 1st water break) it was very evenly matched with the ball spending equal time on both ends of the field. The last part of the 1st half and the 1st part of the 2nd half LP did dominate the game a lot more. They played a wider field then Solar did. The 2nd part of the 2nd half (after water break) Solar put the pressure on and it looked like the Solar team we all know to be one of the best.

Don't count Solar out because this tourney was a stepping stone for them and they will do good during regular season and will be a very competitive team.

I will give LP big props on how aggressive their girls are. Congrats on today's 4th place finish LP.

Well, I wouldnt say having 14 players on the sideline is being in need of players. And Im not sure if you noticed, but our keeper did not move very much. our defense bailed her out several times. she was not a game changer
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/08/11, 03:26 pm

The 03 keeper is on the roster as far as I know unless they can find a 04 keeper. Since they lost their 04 keeper from before (who was a stronger keeper) it was rock paper scissors with the loser going in goal and the coach hated forcing kids to play keeper. Kenn did have all summer to prepare and I think his 04's would have done fine without the additional help.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/11, 03:27 pm

youthsports wrote:I missed the game of the year. Can someone give a complete rundown of the LP Dalglish vs. Solar Kennington game: who dominated possession, shots on goal, final score.

Thanks
Liverpool Dalglish won 2-1 but the scoreline does reflect the dominance of Dalglish in this game. In the first period, Solar did not cross the midway line any more than half a dozen times. The LP goalie touched the ball twice. During this time Liverpool scored two plus had another goal called back.
But give credit to Solar for sticking with it, and in the last 6-7 minutes they gave it all they could.
Overall I think this puts to bed any debate on who has the top 04 team, especially when you consider that Solar used four 03 players. Liverpool had two 05 players who both scored.
The real talking point now needs to be who has the 2nd best 04 team? Texans North or Solar Kenn? Now THAT will be a fun game!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 21/08/11, 03:30 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
lovesoccer wrote:

Well, I wouldnt say having 14 players on the sideline is being in need of players. And Im not sure if you noticed, but our keeper did not move very much. our defense bailed her out several times. she was not a game changer

You may think she wasn't a game changer but she did make several saves today that could have reversed the roles of the outcome.

True we had 14 today but yesterday we did not and we would have been playing with 1 sub if we didn't have the '03's. At the end of the day does it really matter? LP won you all got your wish you can jump around and cheer because you are the king of the '04's. At the end of the day we Solar parents don't really care. We had fun and enjoyed the game. It helps us know where our weakness are so we can correct it for the future.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 21/08/11, 03:34 pm

SoftballDad wrote:
youthsports wrote:I missed the game of the year. Can someone give a complete rundown of the LP Dalglish vs. Solar Kennington game: who dominated possession, shots on goal, final score.

Thanks
Liverpool Dalglish won 2-1 but the scoreline does reflect the dominance of Dalglish in this game. In the first period, Solar did not cross the midway line any more than half a dozen times. The LP goalie touched the ball twice. During this time Liverpool scored two plus had another goal called back.
But give credit to Solar for sticking with it, and in the last 6-7 minutes they gave it all they could.
Overall I think this puts to bed any debate on who has the top 04 team, especially when you consider that Solar used four 03 players. Liverpool had two 05 players who both scored.
The real talking point now needs to be who has the 2nd best 04 team? Texans North or Solar Kenn? Now THAT will be a fun game!

Just correct you the supposed called back goal your speaking of was never called a goal to begin with. The center ref just confirmed with side line ref to verify he was correct in the call. So saying it was recalled is incorrect as it was never given to begin with.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 03:43 pm

lovesoccer wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Thanks

Just correct you the supposed called back goal your speaking of was never called a goal to begin with. The center ref just confirmed with side line ref to verify he was correct in the call. So saying it was recalled is incorrect as it was never given to begin with.

well, according to spectators on that end, including a solar parent, everyone saw the ball cross the line. sounds like the linesman either didnt see it or was to scared to call it a goal
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 03:44 pm

Wasnt impressed with the officiating all weekend
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/11, 03:46 pm

From what I saw the referee gave the goal for the keeper taking the ball over the line. He then spoke to the linesman about possible foul who then asked about the handball rule as he wasn't sure if a solar defender had handballed in the area. They then changed their mind and gave a goal kick. IMO it should have been a goal as the GK took the ballclearly over the line before she was touched.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 03:47 pm

So is kennington playing up in sdl this fall or not?
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by youthsports 21/08/11, 03:56 pm

2-1 is how I called it on Friday, so I was right. I am more interested in tactics though.

How did Solar Kennington handle the two outside players for Dalglish? In my opinion Solar plays very narrow using the inside 1/3 of the field, while Dalglish uses the entire field. Dalglish spreads the ball wide and then switches sides to make the opposing team defend the entire field.

1. Did Solar have trouble defending wide against Dalglish?

2. How did Dalglish stop the Solar blond forward from controlling the middle of the field?

3. Dalglish is vulnerable in the mid-field (that's where DT South dominated them), did Solar Kennington have any success against the Dalglish mid-fielders?

Finally,

4. How close is LP Dalglish to SRSA 03? Would the addition of 2 players make them a strong challenger to SRSA 03? Any opinions?

Thanks

youthsports
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TCUDad 21/08/11, 03:57 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:IMO Dalglish possessed the ball much better than kenn for two thirds of the game, then kenn put on the pressure for the last part to try get the tying goal. Probably Dalglish overall was the better team but also great effort from kenn. One thing I would say is when kenn dont have their 03s in the team it may get tough.

Entertaining game to watch. The pressure in the final 8 min coincided with the subbing of our 2 outside mids. they were doing a great job all game of winning balls, moving balls and shutting down any attack from outside. as soon as they went out it changed the game. Dalglish has been in search of a keeper for some time now..... so if there is anyone wanting a shot...... Laughing Would like to see that game without the solar 03s in there. i know one on the outside put a few nice crosses right in the box. The 2 goals for LP came from the 2 05 girls. cheers Very fun game today. All the parents seemed to be in order. Enjoyed everything but the heat!!

What a post! You just implied that your two subs suck and your keeper is worthless. I bet the other parents on that team love you. Have you ever heard of showing a little class? The Liverpool reputation gets worse and worse with every post by you guys.

TCUDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/11, 04:02 pm

Solar couldn't cope with through balls by Dalglish central midfielder.

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 21/08/11, 04:03 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
lovesoccer wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Thanks

well, according to spectators on that end, including a solar parent, everyone saw the ball cross the line. sounds like the linesman either didnt see it or was to scared to call it a goal

Funny as the only Solar parent was the goalie's and that parent even agreed that it wasn't a goal because never COMPLETELY crossed the line. The whole ball has to cross the line not half way. There was talks of a foal but a goal was never given so it could never be recalled.

I will agree the linesman weren't great at today's game esp when the lines man on player side called offside on a Solar player when he was not at the advantage point of the parent sideline ref who never called the offsides b/c there wasn't one. He called an offsides not on his half of the field and then had to be educated by center ref which ate away at the play clock.

Then not a min later the same ref didn't call an offsides on LP when LP forward was standing on Solar side of the field while Solar defense was pushed up into LP side. The ball was passed to her while she was on the Solar side. No call was made on that one.

The only saving grace was the center ref was a decent ref and over all made good calls for both teams.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 04:06 pm

TCUDad wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

What a post! You just implied that your two subs suck and your keeper is worthless. I bet the other parents on that team love you. Have you ever heard of showing a little class? The Liverpool reputation gets worse and worse with every post by you guys.

One sub that came in had never played w us before. Noone said they sucked. The keeper has only played a few games with us and yes there has been a search for a keeper. Are subs usually as good as the starters??? what r u talking about??
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/11, 04:21 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
TCUDad wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

One sub that came in had never played w us before. Noone said they sucked. The keeper has only played a few games with us and yes there has been a search for a keeper. Are subs usually as good as the starters??? what r u talking about??

Why is any kid at this age being referred to as a sub and not as good as the starters. This is about DEVELOPMENT right? How much playing time do those subs get and if not much why not? Wouldnt they be better off playing against a team like this, then riding the pine with them?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/08/11, 04:22 pm

I don't think daglish is even close to srsa and I don't think additions would help. I think the DTS 03 top team showed we have a long way to go as far as speed of play. Really enjoy playing team like that but anybody who hinks we have a chance at winning is way off. BTW daglish didn't get their wish. Their wish was to advance to the next round and play more games. Could have really cared less about the game and it turned out about as expected. Solar is a very good team and move the ball well. Daglish played the game at a faster pace. There was a level of pressure and pace that caused them problems. Daglish has spent one season that many people said was wasted playing D3 that was at a faster pace and face it every week in practice. I think it will be fun to see as kenningtons speed of play picks up. I wish he had played 03 during the summer tournaments so that they would have been ready for the season but they will be good. And our subs do not suck and no one said that they did. They were playing a position that they normally do not play. The 2 that do play there have spen a season and the summer learning what the coach is wanting them to do and they still struggle with execution and choices they are just 04's. It would have been a little much to ask 2 little girls to step in and execute to the same level. Kenn and rosales would be a nice game. I think Kenn is playing better soccer but Rosales is probably alot faster in play.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/08/11, 04:25 pm

call it what you want but every team has a group of kids who usually start and nobody rides the pine for LW. We have already seen last season that he is willing to lose a game to make sure everybody plays and contributes.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbum11 21/08/11, 04:28 pm

SoftballDad wrote:

Thanks

I am a little confused why 2 teams that play for 5th and 6th place game in the 03 age group up would be considered the top teams in the 04 age group? Seriously 5th and 6th place, at least make it into the semi-final.

soccerbum11
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 04:30 pm

Pitchdad wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
TCUDad wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

Why is any kid at this age being referred to as a sub and not as good as the starters. This is about DEVELOPMENT right? How much playing time do those subs get and if not much why not? Wouldnt they be better off playing against a team like this, then riding the pine with them?

As far as playing time, LW does a very good job at getting the girls in. When u play up u may come up agaisnt very tough teams. If some players are not getting the job done or just getting run over by the opposition, should he just leave them in? There are also other factors. If there are players that miss training with regularity, should they get "equal playing time"? think there is being too much read into this
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 04:31 pm

soccerbum11 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Thanks

I am a little confused why 2 teams that play for 5th and 6th place game in the 03 age group up would be considered the top teams in the 04 age group? Seriously 5th and 6th place, at least make it into the semi-final.

LOL!!! In an 03 tournament... Not beating Sting means Dalglish sucks.... they should just fold. DT parent right?
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 04:35 pm

soccerbum11 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Thanks

That format was a little unforgiving. Drawing one of the favorites in ur pool then being asked to go undefeated just to make the semis
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next