North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'02 FBR Rankings - 8/30/11 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

'02 FBR Rankings - 8/30/11

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

'02 FBR Rankings - 8/30/11 - Page 2 Empty Re: '02 FBR Rankings - 8/30/11

Post by Solar U17 01/09/11, 02:05 am

Txfutboldad wrote:
soccerskills wrote:
tmcc wrote:02Dad,

I do not remember Fever Red playing Southlake Saints. I could be wrong. Our one win against an 02 team is against DT South. Do scrimmages against the higher ranked Fever White count? Smile
lol!
It is going to take some time/games for the data to give a more realistic picture of true W/L rankings

Yeah, but you know when all those fever parents see these rankings, their furr will be ruffled and they will be on here bitching about it. Just wait...
Honestly, I don't think I have seen a post by a fever parent complaining about anything other than last years Plano tournament when they were scheduled for a 7:30 am game Smile

Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Rider 01/09/11, 04:57 am

Speaking of Fever. Where is Kenny I mean Ronaldinho fan? I heard he has not been paying much attention to the 02's. He is tied up with the older ones. Is that true? Or can we expect a Penn sighting this weekend with Fever Red.

Night Rider
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 01/09/11, 05:23 am

Night Rider wrote:Speaking of Fever. Where is Kenny I mean Ronaldinho fan? I heard he has not been paying much attention to the 02's. He is tied up with the older ones. Is that true? Or can we expect a Penn sighting this weekend with Fever Red.

Weak post night rider......seriously. I know the forum is for entertainment purposes, but I don't understand the fever banter. Let's see what happens on the field and then we can talk some facts? Good luck to you and your dd this weekend.

To quote 1v1 "I heard I heard I heard" dumb

I do everything through instinct, I play like a child ... I think about myself on a small field, or in the street, I see myself with the ball in the same way as I am now. I have not changed at all. You must remember soccer is a game to have fun and you play for that. I don't plan or anticipate my play." -Messi
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by just a fan 01/09/11, 07:19 am

soccerskills wrote:
Night Rider wrote:Speaking of Fever. Where is Kenny I mean Ronaldinho fan? I heard he has not been paying much attention to the 02's. He is tied up with the older ones. Is that true? Or can we expect a Penn sighting this weekend with Fever Red.

Weak post night rider......seriously. I know the forum is for entertainment purposes, but I don't understand the fever banter. Let's see what happens on the field and then we can talk some facts? Good luck to you and your dd this weekend.

To quote 1v1 "I heard I heard I heard" dumb
why would you throw another coach under the bus like that. Eather you have to much time on your hands Knight Rider or you just like making a scene. Maybe both. If your so worried about penn being out their why dont you give him a call. Im sure you can find his number under their web site.
just a fan
just a fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Rider 01/09/11, 08:03 am

Well first off just a fan it's Night Rider not Knight Rider. What thin skin you all have. Call my post weak if you will guys. Im only telling what I heard. I did hear he is spending more time with the older gals. That's why I was wondering if he or (RF) would be around this weekend. I also heard his stud up top went to Webb practice. What do you really think people dont talk? I did not hear either of you dispute what I heard. You just attacked me. I have no interest in calling or speaking with Robin Hood. That's (Texans rich and Fever poor) for all you playing at home. This forum is a rumor mill. Like it or hate it. It is what it is. Now feel free to hammer me if you will, but before you do. Did your forward go to Webb? What's say you Laughing

Night Rider
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just a fan 01/09/11, 08:09 am

Night Rider wrote:Well first off just a fan it's Night Rider not Knight Rider. What thin skin you all have. Call my post weak if you will guys. Im only telling what I heard. I did hear he is spending more time with the older gals. That's why I was wondering if he or (RF) would be around this weekend. I also heard his stud up top went to Webb practice. What do you really think people dont talk? I did not hear either of you dispute what I heard. You just attacked me. I have no interest in calling or speaking with Robin Hood. That's (Texans rich and Fever poor) for all you playing at home. This forum is a rumor mill. Like it or hate it. It is what it is. Now feel free to hammer me if you will, but before you do. Did your forward go to Webb? What's say you Laughing
True its a rumor mill. But why come on and call a coach by his first name. Eather you were on the team or you are the parent that went to katt's team. Eather way it is what it is right.
just a fan
just a fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Txfutboldad 01/09/11, 08:28 am

Night Rider wrote:Well first off just a fan it's Night Rider not Knight Rider. What thin skin you all have. Call my post weak if you will guys. Im only telling what I heard. I did hear he is spending more time with the older gals. That's why I was wondering if he or (RF) would be around this weekend. I also heard his stud up top went to Webb practice. What do you really think people dont talk? I did not hear either of you dispute what I heard. You just attacked me. I have no interest in calling or speaking with Robin Hood. That's (Texans rich and Fever poor) for all you playing at home. This forum is a rumor mill. Like it or hate it. It is what it is. Now feel free to hammer me if you will, but before you do. Did your forward go to Webb? What's say you Laughing

No worries Night Rider. I found the humor in your post. See what I mean about Fever parents getting their feathers ruffled.
Txfutboldad
Txfutboldad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 01/09/11, 08:33 am

bwgophers wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
02Dad wrote:
oldboot wrote:
tmcc wrote:
oldboot wrote:
Txfutboldad wrote:
oldboot wrote:What is the formula used to derrive these rankings?

Probably a Fever parent. Very Happy

No, not trying to stir anything up, just curious.

I don't think its a Fever parent. Bob said he was on the phone all morning explaining it. Very Happy

Maybe he should post a link to an explanation page at the bottom of his rankings. That way he'd get less questions from parents with too much time on their hands or those who are overly obsessed with why their 9 year old's soccer team wasn't ranked higher on an internet chat board.

In all seriousness, I thought it was a trick question...

Like "Who is David May?"

The FBR is not a new concept on txsoccer.net. If you want to know more about it search the forums. Mr bwgophers who came before me has explained how this works and I've changed nothing in the calculations.

Thank you 02Dad for the time you put into this! It was difficult but I searched Rankings and there it was tongue : http://www.txsoccer.net/t5555-initial-02-girls-fbr-rankings?highlight=rankings

Short Answer...

FBR is a computer formula based ranking that uses a combination of W/L/D record, Margin of Victory (MoV), and Strength of Schedule (SoS). It uses a commercially available SW package called FootballRankulator that we have adapted to the purpose of ranking 8-10 yr. old girls soccer teams in NTX (hence the name FBR).

The W/L/D and SoS ranking components employ a weighting system where results against "stronger" opponents count more than results against "weaker" opponents.

The weighting factors are controlled by assigning teams to ranking "tiers". The ranking tier assignment is based solely on a team's performance against other teams, and allowed to change over time based on that team's continued performance.

This is a highly simplified explanation. There are many details under the surface that aren't discussed in great detail here.

If you want to know more about the nitty-gritty details, best suggestion is to go to footballrankulator.com, plunk down $30 and buy a copy of the SW. 02Dad or myself will gladly send you a copy of the files used to compile the '02 rankings.

Thanks - the "quick" answer was all I was looking for and there are a lot of threads to search with FBR in the title. Didn't mean to cause a stir by asking an apparantly often asked question (if I had known I wouldn't have asked). In all fairness though, it seems that such questions come with the territory.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 01/09/11, 08:39 am

Txfutboldad wrote:

No worries Night Rider. I found the humor in your post. See what I mean about Fever parents getting their feathers ruffled.

I have to agree with Txfutboldad....if we only talked facts on this thing there would be no purpose for it. It is a forum, what forum is only facts? Besides if not for some of these posts I would have to start watching the Comedy Channel again! Just sayin!
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mega Man02 01/09/11, 08:45 am

I agree with all. True Night Rider this is a way for people to find out whats going on with teams. But I wouldn't necessary call out names. But hay who i'm to tell the people to stop.
Mega Man02
Mega Man02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 01/09/11, 09:30 am

Yes, Fever Red lost a forward to Webb about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Glad the Pony Express finally made it to you. I am surprised your KIT car didn't update you on that the second it happened. Us poor parents over here in Fever Camp were just happy that we had a girl with enough talent, that Kat would even consider her. That is not a dig at the girl, she is great. It's a dig at your lame Robin Hood comment.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by Txfutboldad 01/09/11, 09:38 am

tmcc wrote:

Yes, Fever Red lost a forward to Webb about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Glad the Pony Express finally made it to you. I am surprised your KIT car didn't update you on that the second it happened. Us poor parents over here in Fever Camp were just happy that we had a girl with enough talent, that Kat would even consider her. That is not a dig at the girl, she is great. It's a dig at your lame Robin Hood comment.

The ironic thing is in 3 years or so, this Fever team will likely not exist as it is today. Most of these kids will move on to one of the bigger established clubs (Sting, Texans, FCD). I've got an older DD. I am watching it happen now.

Fever is a great club, but they can't play with the big girl clubs when it really counts in a few years.
Txfutboldad
Txfutboldad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/09/11, 01:58 pm

oldboot wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
02Dad wrote:
oldboot wrote:
tmcc wrote:
oldboot wrote:
Txfutboldad wrote:

I don't think its a Fever parent. Bob said he was on the phone all morning explaining it. Very Happy

Maybe he should post a link to an explanation page at the bottom of his rankings. That way he'd get less questions from parents with too much time on their hands or those who are overly obsessed with why their 9 year old's soccer team wasn't ranked higher on an internet chat board.

Like "Who is David May?"

The FBR is not a new concept on txsoccer.net. If you want to know more about it search the forums. Mr bwgophers who came before me has explained how this works and I've changed nothing in the calculations.

Thank you 02Dad for the time you put into this! It was difficult but I searched Rankings and there it was tongue : http://www.txsoccer.net/t5555-initial-02-girls-fbr-rankings?highlight=rankings

Short Answer...

FBR is a computer formula based ranking that uses a combination of W/L/D record, Margin of Victory (MoV), and Strength of Schedule (SoS). It uses a commercially available SW package called FootballRankulator that we have adapted to the purpose of ranking 8-10 yr. old girls soccer teams in NTX (hence the name FBR).

The W/L/D and SoS ranking components employ a weighting system where results against "stronger" opponents count more than results against "weaker" opponents.

The weighting factors are controlled by assigning teams to ranking "tiers". The ranking tier assignment is based solely on a team's performance against other teams, and allowed to change over time based on that team's continued performance.

This is a highly simplified explanation. There are many details under the surface that aren't discussed in great detail here.

If you want to know more about the nitty-gritty details, best suggestion is to go to footballrankulator.com, plunk down $30 and buy a copy of the SW. 02Dad or myself will gladly send you a copy of the files used to compile the '02 rankings.

Thanks - the "quick" answer was all I was looking for and there are a lot of threads to search with FBR in the title. Didn't mean to cause a stir by asking an apparantly often asked question (if I had known I wouldn't have asked). In all fairness though, it seems that such questions come with the territory.

Didn't cause any stir with me. If you got that feeling from my response, it wasn't intended.

There is a lot of detail "under the hood" of the FBR rankings, and I have typically tried to avoid getting into too much of the technical drudgery on the open forum.

I have no problem talking details with anyone, it's just better to take it off-line. It's also a lot easier to explain all of the details to someone who has a copy of the SW in front of them, which is why I suggest that route for anyone who really wants know the details.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 01/09/11, 03:54 pm

bwgophers wrote:
oldboot wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:
02Dad wrote:
oldboot wrote:
tmcc wrote:
oldboot wrote:
Txfutboldad wrote:

Like "Who is David May?"

Short Answer...

Didn't cause any stir with me. If you got that feeling from my response, it wasn't intended.

There is a lot of detail "under the hood" of the FBR rankings, and I have typically tried to avoid getting into too much of the technical drudgery on the open forum.

I have no problem talking details with anyone, it's just better to take it off-line. It's also a lot easier to explain all of the details to someone who has a copy of the SW in front of them, which is why I suggest that route for anyone who really wants know the details.

Not you - thanks for the insight.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 02/09/11, 03:43 am

Night Rider, didn't mean to attack you, just your post. I guess, I just get sick of hearing only negative things about Fever on this forum. And no, I'm not a fever parent. In fact, "I heard" that I'm such a nut job that the mere presence of my dd at fever camp would make some parents want to pack up and take their dd elsewhere Smile

Every season we hear on the forum about fever losing players, gaining players, changing coaches, and how they are falling apart. Yet, each season they come out and compete well with the "top" teams.

Also, "I heard" that the parents are well aware of the differences between big club, small club. I know some of the dads, and believe it or not, they are very similar to most of us on this forum. They are simply using soccer as a way to add some fun to their dd's childhood.

I'm sure some players will leave in a few years to go play ECNL, or they might leave to play for a bigger club that offers more exposure and credibility to college coaches. That would only be a compliment to fevers ability to properly develop athletes into skilled soccer players. "I heard" that the club would be proud of those players and wish them the best in their next chapter of development.

At the very least, those players/families would leave the club, taking with them, some life long memories and friends. Most memories being created by all the activities they enjoy together outside of soccer..........one of the advantages of small clubs and having a solid core that has been playing together since age 5/6

And hell, I don't want fever to fall apart.......it could possibly be one of the fever players that comes to my dd's team and leaves her jobless Sad

Night Rider, if you make it known which team you are affiliated with we can all let you know what we have heard!

Again, good luck this weekend!

I do everything through instinct, I play like a child ... I think about myself on a small field, or in the street, I see myself with the ball in the same way as I am now. I have not changed at all. You must remember soccer is a game to have fun and you play for that. I don't plan or anticipate my play." -Messi
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 06/09/11, 08:47 pm

Another ignorant question: how often do you update the rankings?
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2