North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

New Website for 02s Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

New Website for 02s

Go down

New Website for 02s Empty New Website for 02s

Post by Guest 15/11/11, 10:53 am

Over the last few months i have been dabbling on a supplemental website for the 02 spaz parents. If you are reading this, you are one of them. The original concept was to have a resource to explain FBR b/c the same questions keep coming up. I have compiled the information from combing old posts from gophers and 02dad and i think i have hit upon must areas correctly.

I also posted the final league standings for reference. I did not include sdl b/c i dont have the standings since everybody is a winner there. i will include if it is provided to me.

i have been trying to figure out a way to run the AP off of here, but havent gotten it yet. i am also working on some data manipulation (i.e sorting tables, etc.), but dont know how to do that either.

at this point i dont really know what else to do with the site, so i figured i may as well make it public. if you have suggestions you can pm me.

www.ntxsoccer.net

Back to top Go down

New Website for 02s Empty Re: New Website for 02s

Post by Guest 15/11/11, 10:59 am

bobmac15 wrote:Over the last few months i have been dabbling on a supplemental website for the 02 spaz parents. If you are reading this, you are one of them. The original concept was to have a resource to explain FBR b/c the same questions keep coming up. I have compiled the information from combing old posts from gophers and 02dad and i think i have hit upon must areas correctly.

I also posted the final league standings for reference. I did not include sdl b/c i dont have the standings since everybody is a winner there. i will include if it is provided to me.

i have been trying to figure out a way to run the AP off of here, but havent gotten it yet. i am also working on some data manipulation (i.e sorting tables, etc.), but dont know how to do that either.

at this point i dont really know what else to do with the site, so i figured i may as well make it public. if you have suggestions you can pm me.

www.ntxsoccer.net

Awesome but reading all that about how the rankings work made my head hurt Smile I understand how it works...still somewhat perplexing when you tie, win and win and you drop two points. ugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 15/11/11, 11:40 am

Why doesn't my kid's team ever get ranked #1?

Currently, the algorithm only allows for Dallas Texans Higginbotham or FC Dallas Grubb to be #1.

**I dont understand the answer to this question from your website, can you explain further? Otherwise I think very informative. **
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by say it ant so. 15/11/11, 11:44 am

justsayin02 wrote:Why doesn't my kid's team ever get ranked #1?

Currently, the algorithm only allows for Dallas Texans Higginbotham or FC Dallas Grubb to be #1.

**I dont understand the answer to this question from your website, can you explain further? Otherwise I think very informative. **

Maybe with Bennett guest players yall might have a chance. Never know.

say it ant so.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/11/11, 11:51 am

that was just a little fun to see if anybody read the FAQs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/11/11, 11:53 am

He was just being funny Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by say it ant so. 15/11/11, 11:58 am

twomattiesmom wrote:

Sorry it was to hard not to say anything. Smile LOL hope I dont get to beat up on the fourm now.

say it ant so.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 15/11/11, 12:05 pm

say it ant so. wrote:

Maybe with Bennett guest players yall might have a chance. Never know.

Mwahahahaha... with Bennett guest players we can RULE THE WORLD!!!
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlsSoccerDad 15/11/11, 12:09 pm

doesn't matter anyway...the rankings are all garbage to begin with using a flawed system (just like the real BCS). Teams are going to change by summer, some will get stronger some will completly disappear. You can play in a league with the same opponents, beat and tie some of those teams and they move up, you move down...Not saying my DD's team should be up top or at the bottom. We will find out where all the teams really are by the end of August.

GirlsSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 15/11/11, 01:50 pm

say it ant so. wrote:
twomattiesmom wrote:

Sorry it was to hard not to say anything. Smile LOL hope I dont get to beat up on the fourm now.

I think my question looked like I was asking why my team couldn't be number one. Sorry if that mislead anyone, I copied this question and answer from bobs new Website. I was just curious if he was serious about that answer. We are not expecting to hit number 1 til Lake Highlands. Lol
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/11/11, 02:39 pm

Since we all know Bob is a Fever parent, does this mean Fever Red will get a higher ranking and get moved up to where they should be. Having them at 12 is comical. Kudos to the Fever parents for not getting on the forum and bashing 02dad, like I am sure some other parents would be doing if their team was in the same situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 15/11/11, 02:47 pm

I like the FAQ about winning teams being dinged a few points for using guest players.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/11/11, 03:12 pm

passthedarnball wrote:Since we all know Bob is a Fever parent, does this mean Fever Red will get a higher ranking and get moved up to where they should be. Having them at 12 is comical. Kudos to the Fever parents for not getting on the forum and bashing 02dad, like I am sure some other parents would be doing if their team was in the same situation.

Hopefully most folks on this forum realize that 02Dad is only posting results from a computer program...not doing the rankings himself...so why would they blast him? Shoot the messenger syndrome?

Back to top Go down

Post by say it ant so. 15/11/11, 03:19 pm

twomattiesmom wrote:
passthedarnball wrote:Since we all know Bob is a Fever parent, does this mean Fever Red will get a higher ranking and get moved up to where they should be. Having them at 12 is comical. Kudos to the Fever parents for not getting on the forum and bashing 02dad, like I am sure some other parents would be doing if their team was in the same situation.

Hopefully most folks on this forum realize that 02Dad is only posting results from a computer program...not doing the rankings himself...so why would they blast him? Shoot the messenger syndrome?

They are just mad at 02dad because they fill that he is cheating them out of a spot that they fill is rightfully theirs. All I have to say to them is win your games and you will never have a problem being rank. If you lose you should know that you will fall. People will never learn. Just win and everything will take care of its self.

say it ant so.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bierluva 15/11/11, 03:21 pm

Does playing boys in tournament play count double points towards rankings? Razz
Bierluva
Bierluva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 15/11/11, 03:35 pm

say it ant so. wrote:
twomattiesmom wrote:

They are just mad at 02dad because they fill that he is cheating them out of a spot that they fill is rightfully theirs. All I have to say to them is win your games and you will never have a problem being rank. If you lose you should know that you will fall. People will never learn. Just win and everything will take care of its self.

Sort of... you can beat up on the Purple Ponies or the Cheetahs all day long and you won't get ranked very high.
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/11/11, 09:12 pm

great website. I know my 02 likes to know where she is ranked at and what the ranking is of the team they play against.

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 15/11/11, 11:20 pm

02Dad wrote:
say it ant so. wrote:
twomattiesmom wrote:

Sort of... you can beat up on the Purple Ponies or the Cheetahs all day long and you won't get ranked very high.

***But what if we beat them 40-1, then surely that will move us to number 1, not even Higg or Bennett has beaten the Purple Ponies 40-1. (I swear some of you are thinking it!!!!) Laughing
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 16/11/11, 02:23 am

Please leave my beloved purple ponies out of this......

And for the record his name isn't Bob, it's Phil

I do everything through instinct, I play like a child ... I think about myself on a small field, or in the street, I see myself with the ball in the same way as I am now. I have not changed at all. You must remember soccer is a game to have fun and you play for that. I don't plan or anticipate my play." -Messi
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 16/11/11, 07:58 am

soccerskills wrote:Please leave my beloved purple ponies out of this......

And for the record his name isn't Bob, it's Phil

Lol... I knew I could draw you out. Smile
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 16/11/11, 09:27 am

twomattiesmom wrote:
bobmac15 wrote:Over the last few months i have been dabbling on a supplemental website for the 02 spaz parents. If you are reading this, you are one of them. The original concept was to have a resource to explain FBR b/c the same questions keep coming up. I have compiled the information from combing old posts from gophers and 02dad and i think i have hit upon must areas correctly.

www.ntxsoccer.net

Awesome but reading all that about how the rankings work made my head hurt Smile I understand how it works...still somewhat perplexing when you tie, win and win and you drop two points. ugh.

i'm for the site with expanded info.
maybe it will provide some balance and an alternate, yet integrated, system.
the current one has too many discrepancies, although generally effective.

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/11/11, 11:41 am

i just learned the EAL standings i put on the site were incorrect. i thought the season ended a few weeks ago when primetime ended so what i thought was final was not final. they are now current with what is on glsa site. my bad on that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/11/11, 12:09 pm

bobmac15 wrote:i just learned the EAL standings i put on the site were incorrect. i thought the season ended a few weeks ago when primetime ended so what i thought was final was not final. they are now current with what is on glsa site. my bad on that.

Is it just me or do the EAL Rankings seem off considering some teams played only 7 games, some played 8, some 9 and some played 10? Weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 16/11/11, 12:27 pm

I am all for Bobmac experiencing some of the questions and complaints that I bet 02Dad has to go through just to put out the numbers!

Bobmac's site so far is exactly all the info that 02Dad and Gopher has already given everyone,(he says so himself) By the way, I do like his site too but you can ask the questions over and over again but the answers will remain the same unless you make up your own program and put in your own criteria. (like not including SDL, which the FBR's currently do) I need to say this, you can complain all you want about the current FBR and they way it is set up however if you look back at the 01 FBR's they were very close to on the money when coming up with the Lake Highlands teams. To me that says accuracy and that is the one I want to look at. Of course there are always other factors that could move a team down or up a bit but it is very close to the real thing. My team has beaten teams ranked above us and we have lost to teams below us so there we are right in the middle of them, when it is all said and done, this summer will be the final determinant, but for the meantime, I want to watch the FBR's which have proven to be pretty accurate in the long run. Afterall do you want accuracy or do you want your team to be seen at the top. If it is the later, everyone send me what number you think your team should be and I will put it in writing for you and post it.
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 16/11/11, 12:29 pm

twomattiesmom wrote:
bobmac15 wrote:i just learned the EAL standings i put on the site were incorrect. i thought the season ended a few weeks ago when primetime ended so what i thought was final was not final. they are now current with what is on glsa site. my bad on that.

Is it just me or do the EAL Rankings seem off considering some teams played only 7 games, some played 8, some 9 and some played 10? Weird.

Yes and take a look at who played who twice and all that, it is crazy, but you know what when all said and done it was a lot of fun and very good competition for us! We will be doing it again next season, I am sure.
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down