North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Have a safe year of Soccer Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Have a safe year of Soccer

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Have a safe year of Soccer Empty Have a safe year of Soccer

Post by justfurkicks 10/01/12, 02:14 pm

As my dd gets ready to play her first game since sustaining a broken nose / concusion in Memphis, I wish a safe year of soccer to all the girls (especially the 95's).
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Have a safe year of Soccer Empty Re: Have a safe year of Soccer

Post by brokedawg 02/02/12, 10:28 am

JFK I hope your dd's comeback has been successful. How is everybody else doing? We've already lost two during HS with ACL's Sad What's the deal during HS season? We seem to lose a few each year. Granted we have lost a few during regular season play but not as many. Is it the turf fields I hear about or level of play, overuse? Any ideas?
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/02/12, 11:08 am

From my limited sample size, I've seen it occur from dangerous play. I was at a high school game a year ago and witnessed a forward for a particular school beat a defensive midfielder time and time again. The defensive player just couldn't keep up, so she turned to rough play to try and even the matchup. The ref let it go, and in my opinion, go too far.

Eventually, late in the game, with the score tied, that defensive player took the offensive player out from behind (slide tackle, cleats up). Yellow card given to the player, but the offensive player was carried off the field. Found out later, torn ACL, MCL, DSL, AT&T and PDF (I can't remember exactly the three letter name, but it was one of those).

The way I saw it, the lesser players could only compete with the better players by being overly physical. The refs didn't seem interested in controlling the rough play.

Enjoy my 2 cents.

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 02/02/12, 12:34 pm

brokedawg wrote:JFK I hope your dd's comeback has been successful. How is everybody else doing? We've already lost two during HS with ACL's Sad What's the deal during HS season? We seem to lose a few each year. Granted we have lost a few during regular season play but not as many. Is it the turf fields I hear about or level of play, overuse? Any ideas?

Thanks. She took about a month to feel comfortable but seems to be up to speed at least as far as the end of the TAPPS season. We will see next weekend in Austin if she is up to club speed yet. As far as I know everyone else is healthy but we havn't practiced in a month.

Also heard a rumor that one of your girls from down here did something to her knee Friday or Saturday. She showed up for signing day so I guess she's OK.

I've seen more injuries in general each year as the girls get older. Maybe bigger faster girls just are more prone to injuries simply due to the increased forces of colisions as well as pressure on the joints. I'm not sure but think there is also something to the HS game generally being less skilled and more physical as a result.

justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 02/02/12, 04:26 pm

giggedy wrote:From my limited sample size, I've seen it occur from dangerous play. I was at a high school game a year ago and witnessed a forward for a particular school beat a defensive midfielder time and time again. The defensive player just couldn't keep up, so she turned to rough play to try and even the matchup. The ref let it go, and in my opinion, go too far.

Eventually, late in the game, with the score tied, that defensive player took the offensive player out from behind (slide tackle, cleats up). Yellow card given to the player, but the offensive player was carried off the field. Found out later, torn ACL, MCL, DSL, AT&T and PDF (I can't remember exactly the three letter name, but it was one of those).

The way I saw it, the lesser players could only compete with the better players by being overly physical. The refs didn't seem interested in controlling the rough play.

Enjoy my 2 cents.

Does not sound that much different than the way it works at the club level. The only difference being the level of capability is not that great w/i divisions as they get to high school age like it is at the younger ages.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 06/02/12, 04:14 pm

Also heard a rumor that one of your girls from down here did something to her knee Friday or Saturday. She showed up for signing day so I guess she's OK.

No rumor, one of the ACLs... she did sign...
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAMsDad 07/02/12, 08:36 am

I think giggedy pretty much nailed it. Because the level of play varies so much on the field and in fact on most any team, it seems once a player realizes they're on the losing side of a game-long battle, they do what they have to do to even the odds.
However, what I once thought was just frustrated lower level HS players doing this, it seems now that it's the upper level player that's not used to getting beaten and once they see their team is losing, they vent.

The officials generally speaking are not as savvy in officiating as the elite players are in their knowledge of the game and it becomes easy for the player to read how the game will be called. Any good player knows you have to play how the game is called and some take it to the nasty level. IMHO quite often if it's not with coaches' blessing, the penalty goes without the coach denouncing the play.

I saw an "elite' player force a girl out of play with an elbow, not called, but then as the the player with the ball was heading across the line, attempting to stop before she got to the track 3-5 feet from the sideline, she was pushed again and as the player tried to stop herself from doing a face plant into the track, she went down. The official was right there, following the play and should have called the first elbow but didn't and surely should have called the second push, but didn't.
Result? The offending player played out the game without the smallest concern of hers, her team, her coach or the parents. The other girl is out for the year, having surgery on a shredded knee.

I truly and honestly believe we have to support and respect our officials at all times. I also believe the officials (including ARs) need to be able and willing to call a game to keep every child on the field safe from those rogue players who have less concern for the game than they do winning at any cost.
ZAMsDad
ZAMsDad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MauMau 10/02/12, 06:35 am

Well so much for safe, last week my dd got hit from behind, hyper-extended
and POP. Had ACL surgery Tuesday and first PT session is this afternoon, should
be special. (Insult to injury: wrote a check for upcoming showcases last Sunday.)

Go Lovejoy!
MauMau
MauMau
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 10/02/12, 06:47 am

Sorry to hear that MauMau. I hope for a fast recovery.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 10/02/12, 10:09 am

MauMau wrote:Well so much for safe, last week my dd got hit from behind, hyper-extended
be special. (Insult to injury: wrote a check for upcoming showcases last Sunday.)

Go Lovejoy!

DANG MauMau....so sorry.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 10/02/12, 11:05 am

BigBoy wrote:
MauMau wrote:Well so much for safe, last week my dd got hit from behind, hyper-extended

Go Lovejoy!

DANG MauMau....so sorry.
Good grief it seems epidemic at this age! So sorry to hear about your dd and I too am hoping for a successful recovery!
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MauMau 11/02/12, 08:57 am

Hey Look,

After 7 years I've finally got an avatar!
MauMau
MauMau
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 01/04/12, 10:51 pm

ZAMsDad wrote:I think giggedy pretty much nailed it. Because the level of play varies so much on the field and in fact on most any team, it seems once a player realizes they're on the losing side of a game-long battle, they do what they have to do to even the odds.
However, what I once thought was just frustrated lower level HS players doing this, it seems now that it's the upper level player that's not used to getting beaten and once they see their team is losing, they vent.

The officials generally speaking are not as savvy in officiating as the elite players are in their knowledge of the game and it becomes easy for the player to read how the game will be called. Any good player knows you have to play how the game is called and some take it to the nasty level. IMHO quite often if it's not with coaches' blessing, the penalty goes without the coach denouncing the play.

I saw an "elite' player force a girl out of play with an elbow, not called, but then as the the player with the ball was heading across the line, attempting to stop before she got to the track 3-5 feet from the sideline, she was pushed again and as the player tried to stop herself from doing a face plant into the track, she went down. The official was right there, following the play and should have called the first elbow but didn't and surely should have called the second push, but didn't.
Result? The offending player played out the game without the smallest concern of hers, her team, her coach or the parents. The other girl is out for the year, having surgery on a shredded knee.

I truly and honestly believe we have to support and respect our officials at all times. I also believe the officials (including ARs) need to be able and willing to call a game to keep every child on the field safe from those rogue players who have less concern for the game than they do winning at any cost.
I don't know how many times I heard "Let them play ref" when I was center. If it's not one thing, it's another... Very Happy

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.sportsmobility.net

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 01/04/12, 10:54 pm

brokedawg wrote:
BigBoy wrote:

Go Lovejoy!

DANG MauMau....so sorry.
Good grief it seems epidemic at this age! So sorry to hear about your dd and I too am hoping for a successful recovery!
I was told that as they go through puberty and develop womanly hips, that's when it happens the most. The widening of the hips cause the angle of the leg to cause more ACL injuries. High School years are the highest occurrence. That's what the Doc said when DD had hers. Sorry MauMau. It's a b^$^h to go through.

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.sportsmobility.net

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 01/05/12, 02:03 pm

So much for safe. In the past month my dd's team has lost 2 more to ACL's and 1 to an MCL injury.

To top it off in the last game of the season I had to witness my dd being drilled to the ground enough to stop play 3 times in one half. The game ended when our keeper left the field in an ambulance after a knee to the head.

Fortunately only sore ribs for my dd and the keeper is doing better than expected.

This is not hockey and there is not supposed to be checking after the ball is played.
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 01/05/12, 02:11 pm

DD has made it through the first half of ECNL and all high school with nothing major but dad has to have his minicus cut on at the end of the month. Would have liked to brag it was a soccer injury but the truth is, I'm just old.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 01/05/12, 03:50 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:DD has made it through the first half of ECNL and all high school with nothing major but dad has to have his minicus cut on at the end of the month. Would have liked to brag it was a soccer injury but the truth is, I'm just old.
And Stupid.
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 01/05/12, 03:53 pm

BackDraft wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:DD has made it through the first half of ECNL and all high school with nothing major but dad has to have his minicus cut on at the end of the month. Would have liked to brag it was a soccer injury but the truth is, I'm just old.
And Stupid.
Have a safe year of Soccer 4183142885_cec62a6185_o

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by milo75 01/05/12, 03:57 pm

truly and honestly believe we have to support and respect our officials at all times. I also believe the officials (including ARs) need to be able and willing to call a game to keep every child on the field safe from those rogue players who have less concern for the game than they do winning at any cost

Well said. In my opinion it should be the highest of all priorities. The leagues,schools,coaches,officials, and parents should want a safe playing field for our DD's. It is our job to continue to demand it.

milo75
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 01/05/12, 04:12 pm

BackDraft wrote:
And Stupid.

Please go back to ECNL game changer with your childish comments.
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 01/05/12, 04:39 pm

justfurkicks wrote:
BackDraft wrote:
And Stupid.

Please go back to ECNL game changer with your childish comments.

This is the only time Backdraft can feel important and with a sense of belonging in his lonely, pathetic life. Let him at least have that.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MauMau 01/05/12, 09:19 pm

Bummer Unc!

Think of it as karma payment for your healthy DD. Easy trade off.

I've got one of those just sitting in the wings waiting to mess up
a hunting season.

Hope all goes well and speedy recovery!
MauMau
MauMau
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 01/05/12, 10:32 pm

Good luck with the surgery Unc. I had my medial meniscus removed from my right knee in 1967. Now that's old. Smile
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 02/05/12, 08:58 am

cheers

My knee is SOOO much better after having the meniscus tear fixed!
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 02/05/12, 09:24 am

texflats wrote:

cheers

My knee is SOOO much better after having the meniscus tear fixed!

It has been bothering me for a while. I am glad other folks have had success. Thanks.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next