North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Fossil Ridge #1 in the State? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Fossil Ridge #1 in the State?

Go down

Fossil Ridge #1 in the State? Empty Fossil Ridge #1 in the State?

Post by u95g dad 06/03/12, 07:33 pm

Ok, I am doing a grass roots campaign to get Fossil Ridge ranked #1 in the state. They have beat Coppell twice, Southlake once and Plano West. They have improved since the season began and have not lost since 01/31/12.

If they can move up to #1 in the rankings then they are sure to lose (see recent #1's record following ranking) and that would open the door for Southlake to win the district. cheers Of course, Coppell and a few other teams would have something to say about that. Twisted Evil

Seriously, I would expect Ridge to move up to top 5 or so in the state. I mentioned early on that I thought they were not being given enough credit. If they keep winning games and it will be hard to keep them out much longer.
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Fossil Ridge #1 in the State? Empty Re: Fossil Ridge #1 in the State?

Post by Ferris 07/03/12, 09:52 am

u95g dad wrote:Ok, I am doing a grass roots campaign to get Fossil Ridge ranked #1 in the state. They have beat Coppell twice, Southlake once and Plano West. They have improved since the season began and have not lost since 01/31/12.

If they can move up to #1 in the rankings then they are sure to lose (see recent #1's record following ranking) and that would open the door for Southlake to win the district. cheers Of course, Coppell and a few other teams would have something to say about that. Twisted Evil

Seriously, I would expect Ridge to move up to top 5 or so in the state. I mentioned early on that I thought they were not being given enough credit. If they keep winning games and it will be hard to keep them out much longer.
A clever strategy...and not unexpected from the world of Carroll sports Smile...HOWEVER as impressive as Fossil Ridge's recent wins have been, they won't be ranked #1 in the state until/if they win the whole thing (in my mind very unlikely). The primary negatives against them are "bad" losses against Allen and Hebron (both good teams, but not at the level of Marcus or Carroll) as well as a "bad" tie against Denton Guyer. Those results (even though not in the last week or two) will keep them out of the top 5 imho.

I do think Fossil Ridge will move up substantially next Monday due to their win over Coppell, but not to top 5 in state (Boyd and Mansfield seem to have that locked down based on wins against weaker district competition Rolling Eyes ). Also, Ridge doesn't really have any additional games to showcase their ability/help them move up much further until they get into playoffs. Not saying it's right....just saying I think it's reality.
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1st 2theball 07/03/12, 12:15 pm

Ferris wrote:
u95g dad wrote:Ok, I am doing a grass roots campaign to get Fossil Ridge ranked #1 in the state. They have beat Coppell twice, Southlake once and Plano West. They have improved since the season began and have not lost since 01/31/12.

A clever strategy...and not unexpected from the world of Carroll sports Smile...HOWEVER as impressive as Fossil Ridge's recent wins have been, they won't be ranked #1 in the state until/if they win the whole thing (in my mind very unlikely). The primary negatives against them are "bad" losses against Allen and Hebron (both good teams, but not at the level of Marcus or Carroll) as well as a "bad" tie against Denton Guyer. Those results (even though not in the last week or two) will keep them out of the top 5 imho.

I do think Fossil Ridge will move up substantially next Monday due to their win over Coppell, but not to top 5 in state (Boyd and Mansfield seem to have that locked down based on wins against weaker district competition Rolling Eyes ). Also, Ridge doesn't really have any additional games to showcase their ability/help them move up much further until they get into playoffs. Not saying it's right....just saying I think it's reality.

Thanks for all the support guys!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Laughing Laughing

I would much rather have little Fossil Ridge just quietly stay in the background behind the national powerhouses of Carroll and Coppell Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Alot of soccer left to be played....in this district, anything can happen on any given night. That remaining SLC/Coppell contest should be on PPV Shocked

Everyone should remain on their toes for every game and not take anyone lightly.

Good luck to all and hang on tightly for these next few weeks....it could get bumpy bounce bounce
1st 2theball
1st 2theball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bionic Cat 07/03/12, 12:48 pm

Meow.
Bionic Cat
Bionic Cat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 07/03/12, 05:45 pm

I can't just let the Cat leave the turd in here and leave. Exclamation

Last edited by u95g dad on 29/03/12, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lotuseater 07/03/12, 08:05 pm

1st 2theball wrote:
Ferris wrote:

Laughing Laughing

I would much rather have little Fossil Ridge just quietly stay in the background behind the national powerhouses of Carroll and Coppell Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Alot of soccer left to be played....in this district, anything can happen on any given night. That remaining SLC/Coppell contest should be on PPV Shocked

Everyone should remain on their toes for every game and not take anyone lightly.

Good luck to all and hang on tightly for these next few weeks....it could get bumpy bounce bounce
Fossil Ridge swept Coppell, split with Carroll, they should be getting some attention, they're the real deal.

lotuseater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe 29/03/12, 04:34 pm

lotuseater wrote:
1st 2theball wrote:
Ferris wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Fossil Ridge swept Coppell, split with Carroll, they should be getting some attention, they're the real deal.

Yep- any given Tuesday...Though I know FRHS was missing their key forward, the 0-3 loss to Keller was a brutal game and an unexpected final district game result. KHS did similar the year before in the final district match vs. FRHS. I do wish you the best of luck in the playoffs though. You had a great season, no doubt.

turftoe
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bionic Cat 30/03/12, 11:53 pm

Meow.
Bionic Cat
Bionic Cat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down