North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

End of LHGCL season 1 for 01s - any advice? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

End of LHGCL season 1 for 01s - any advice?

Go down

End of LHGCL season 1 for 01s - any advice? Empty End of LHGCL season 1 for 01s - any advice?

Post by butt3r 20/03/12, 01:19 pm

I am sure it is normal, but I am shocked by the amount grumblings I hear across the top half of D1 with unhappy families. I am sure some of it is serious, and they are gone the day after the last game, and some of it is just normal venting - but one thing is for sure, there are going to be changes. Anyone have any insight for the 01 community on what it was like for the older DDs 00s+ at the end of the first season?
butt3r
butt3r
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

End of LHGCL season 1 for 01s - any advice? Empty Re: End of LHGCL season 1 for 01s - any advice?

Post by Rico_Passe 24/03/12, 09:54 pm

Good question! I'm curious to know how people respond... But with 0 replies in a handful of days, I'm wondering if you should post directly in the '00 or '99 forum to get responses? scratch
Rico_Passe
Rico_Passe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

End of LHGCL season 1 for 01s - any advice? Empty Re: End of LHGCL season 1 for 01s - any advice?

Post by 1more_dd_dad 24/03/12, 11:29 pm

I missed this earlier, but do agree there is a lot of talk. I am also curious how much of this has happened at the older age groups.
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 25/03/12, 09:16 am

were in a much older group, but from our experience there has always been talk, complaints, unhappy folks, etc. You just have to proceed with what is in the best interest of your DD. Some players will bounce teams every year, however if your in a situation in which your DD is happy and receiving the proper training then there may be no reason to chnage. Just make sure the decision you make is not only the right decision for her, but also a decision she agrees with. If you force her into a change, sometimes the change turns out not to be the best decision for her.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by deny your goal 25/03/12, 11:26 am

Well said tnt....
Our dd moved after the 1st year select because of the coach destroying her confidence. It was the best for our dd now playing better than ever but still misses her old teammates. It was what our dd needed but the new team is still not perfect but it works. I don't believe that any team is ever perfect. No matter what the coach or recruiting koolaid drinkers tell you. But parents sometimes move because of their ego not what is best for their dd. The grass may be greener but not any better. It's what is best for your DD's development and love of the game. They have a lot soccer still to play.

development + playing time = confidence > top team bench sitter

Just my humble opinion good luck!
deny your goal
deny your goal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by santos.l.halper 27/03/12, 11:00 am

deny your goal wrote:

development + playing time = confidence > top team bench sitter

Just my humble opinion good luck!

That's it! If your kid is not being developed (and by that I mean BOTH individual skills and tactical awareness/decision making), then you are pretty much wasting time and money.

Some parents like to think that their DD being in the top team of the top league is better than any other factor (including whether their DD is becoming a better player).

I guess you have to ask yourself why your family is in select soccer. For some people, DD riding the pine in a LHGCL D1 team is better than having a coach that develops your kid and a team environment and "culture" that boosts her confidence and love of the game. I heard (but have not confirmed) that some families are in Select because of Dad's or Mom's ego. If that's the case, then heckyea watch your kid suffer so you can tell the folks at the office that DD is in D1 of the toughest league in the country.

For me, it's about making sure my kid is continuing to learn what to do with the ball at her feet, and where to be when the ball is not at her feet. And yes, playing time matters for confidence and development. (Your skills are no good if they only work against orange cones on a Thursday night and not in the middle of a game with another skilled DD trying her dangdiddlyhardest to take the ball from you or otherwise be a pest).

Finally, now that your season is nearly over, remember to let your kid be a kid. Play non-soccer games, Six Flags, read books, watch movies, hang out and veg. They are not just soccer robots. Not yet.
santos.l.halper
santos.l.halper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 27/03/12, 12:33 pm

From all the generic replies on this thread, you would conclude that there are no starters on any top team, just benchwarmers.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by butt3r 27/03/12, 01:21 pm

My question was more aimed towards the starters, not the bench. I am hearing about quality/contributing D1 girls that are talking about leaving. I assume bench players will either move down to a more appropriate division or try a different flavor to see if they fit, but what about the starters moving around.

Is it normal for 2-3 solid players per squad to bounce around?

Are there always grumblings from good players that usually result in more talk over actually action moving to a different team?

butt3r
butt3r
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/03/12, 02:06 pm

butt3r wrote:My question was more aimed towards the starters, not the bench. I am hearing about quality/contributing D1 girls that are talking about leaving. I assume bench players will either move down to a more appropriate division or try a different flavor to see if they fit, but what about the starters moving around.

Are there always grumblings from good players that usually result in more talk over actually action moving to a different team?

I think it's parents that feel their kid isn't being used correctly. I'm hoping most of this will just be grumbling because what looks like D1 will be pretty good. I think the top 5 in standings today could beat each other anyday as they are currently rostered, and 6-10 have shown that they can also handle themselves vs 1-5. If 6-10 can pickup an impact player here or there that would make for great matchups every week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsme 27/03/12, 02:19 pm

butt3r wrote:My question was more aimed towards the starters, not the bench. I am hearing about quality/contributing D1 girls that are talking about leaving. I assume bench players will either move down to a more appropriate division or try a different flavor to see if they fit, but what about the starters moving around.

My guess is when all is said and done, more will be said than done. Just a lot of grumbling....

June 1 will give a good indication, but nothing matters until July 1.

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down