North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Wow!!! You though our games were rough Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Wow!!! You though our games were rough

Go down

Wow!!! You though our games were rough Empty Wow!!! You though our games were rough

Post by docsinit4u 29/03/12, 09:59 am

A brutal beatdown during a High school game in SC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/south-carolina-teen-brutal-soccer-attack-earns-assault-103322121.html

I can only hope she's no longer playing!

docsinit4u
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Wow!!! You though our games were rough Empty Re: Wow!!! You though our games were rough

Post by 04Soccer 29/03/12, 10:03 am

I hope the same....
04Soccer
04Soccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Wow!!! You though our games were rough Empty Re: Wow!!! You though our games were rough

Post by GrandTXSoccer 29/03/12, 10:03 am

All the kids in that game should be beaten for playing such poor soccer.

Seriously though, that's insane. I've seen more vicious contact in an 05 game then the contact (or actual lack of contact) that sent that kid to the ground. Crazy reaction.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 29/03/12, 10:05 am

docsinit4u wrote:A brutal beatdown during a High school game in SC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/south-carolina-teen-brutal-soccer-attack-earns-assault-103322121.html

WOW!! affraid

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver 29/03/12, 10:14 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:All the kids in that game should be beaten for playing such poor soccer.

Seriously though, that's insane. I've seen more vicious contact in an 05 game then the contact (or actual lack of contact) that sent that kid to the ground. Crazy reaction.

I agree. I can't believe this was varsity soccer. That foul is routine around here.

This woman, she was 18, is likely to enjoy the legal system rather than the soccer pitch from here forward.
Driver
Driver
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 29/03/12, 10:14 am

Yeah- Ive seen kids throw punches due to frustration - even last season in an 03 game - but this kind of psycho belongs in a padded room rather than a soccer field.
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 29/03/12, 09:02 pm

Texans, Sting, Solar, Feet, TFC, FWFC, Spirit, Liverpool, FCD and many other clubs/coaches have all called to offer her spot on their team.

Full scholarship and relocation package available.

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicycle Guru-NOT 29/03/12, 10:17 pm

As of today the girl has been arrested and charged with assault. Her school is not offering her any support.
Bicycle Guru-NOT
Bicycle Guru-NOT
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 30/03/12, 03:33 am

She must be a fan of El Salvador where they elbow you in the nose as you run past them. Anybody see Terrence Boyd get his face broken the other night?
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rcjctcac 30/03/12, 06:19 am

Ouch!!!
rcjctcac
rcjctcac
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 30/03/12, 09:17 am

Sad that this type of behavior happens on the field.

My immediate observation was, where is the center referee? He was in position as the play moved from the center of the field. However, when the fighting started he should have been within 10-15 yard of the brawl. However, the two AR's are the first ones there to stop the fight. Even the AR on the far side of the field was there before the referee.

This girl should be banned from playing soccer in South Carolina forever!
In addition to being charged for the assault.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fourfourtwo 30/03/12, 11:17 am

Its Me wrote:

My immediate observation was, where is the center referee? He was in position as the play moved from the center of the field. However, when the fighting started he should have been within 10-15 yard of the brawl. However, the two AR's are the first ones there to stop the fight. Even the AR on the far side of the field was there before the referee.

The center's job is not to physically break up fights. From what I saw, a coach/mgr/parent from the other team stopped the fight and the AR got there after the fact.

This happens more often than most think and far more than it should. There is NO place for this behavior in the game! The attacker should've been suspended and charged via the criminal system, not just school sanctions.

She was.

That doesn't always happen.

In the incident below the father of the kid who was beat up tried unsuccesfully to have the attacker charged with assault. He was only suspended for the season. Note the distinctly different spin on the events by MS soccer authorities:

Last edited by fourfourtwo on 30/03/12, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

fourfourtwo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 30/03/12, 11:35 am

Its Me wrote:

only thing i can think of is there was an injured player in the middle of the field behind the play that he might've been attending to. if you look closely, it looks like he was about to blow his whistle as the ball was played forward. maybe he did blow the whistle and the trip came after it, that's what caused the fist-throwing. i haven't listened with sound....

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fourfourtwo 30/03/12, 11:57 am

twotone wrote:
Its Me wrote:

only thing i can think of is there was an injured player in the middle of the field behind the play that he might've been attending to. if you look closely, it looks like he was about to blow his whistle as the ball was played forward. maybe he did blow the whistle and the trip came after it, that's what caused the fist-throwing. i haven't listened with sound....

Unless we could see more of the game, impossible to know what started it. By the time it gets to this point there has usually been history between the players over the course of the game. This particular incident looks so egregious because the player being attacked did not defend herself (and neither did any of her teammates).

The SC authorities seemed to have gotten it right, but the larger trend of violence in the youth game probably needs to be addressed at a higher level. High school rules penalize coaches for letting their players on the field without proper equipment, maybe they should also be held accountable when their players commit assault on the other team.

fourfourtwo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchnovice 30/03/12, 02:20 pm

fourfourtwo wrote:
Its Me wrote:

The center's job is not to physically break up fights. From what I saw, a coach/mgr/parent from the other team stopped the fight and the AR got there after the fact.

This happens more often than most think and far more than it should. There is NO place for this behavior in the game! The attacker should've been suspended and charged via the criminal system, not just school sanctions.

She was.

That doesn't always happen.

In the incident below the father of the kid who was beat up tried unsuccesfully to have the attacker charged with assault. He was only suspended for the season. Note the distinctly different spin on the events by MS soccer authorities:

At the 1:15 mark is there anyone else thinking maybe the ref is better suited for a Broadway show than being a soccer ref? LOL

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down