North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

"Clean" Play  vs. "Rough and Physical" Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

"Clean" Play vs. "Rough and Physical"

Go down

Which playing style will prove to have the best results in the LHCL QT?

"Clean" Play  vs. "Rough and Physical" Vote_lcap6%"Clean" Play  vs. "Rough and Physical" Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
"Clean" Play  vs. "Rough and Physical" Vote_lcap61%"Clean" Play  vs. "Rough and Physical" Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 11 ]
"Clean" Play  vs. "Rough and Physical" Vote_lcap33%"Clean" Play  vs. "Rough and Physical" Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
"Clean" Play  vs. "Rough and Physical" Vote_lcap0%"Clean" Play  vs. "Rough and Physical" Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18
Back

"Clean" Play  vs. "Rough and Physical" Empty "Clean" Play vs. "Rough and Physical"

Post by SeaShephard 15/04/12, 11:12 am

In response to some of the commentary in the Week 8 results
SeaShephard
SeaShephard
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

"Clean" Play  vs. "Rough and Physical" Empty Re: "Clean" Play vs. "Rough and Physical"

Post by Its Me 15/04/12, 11:37 am

I don't understand. What is your comparison to "Clean Play" vs "Rough and Physical".
Most parents don't understand that soccer is a contact sport and you can have a clean game that's physical.

Rough has degrees that referees have to look at. Is the rough play careless, reckless, or excessive.

To many times on the field you'll see two girls going shoulder to shoulder and parents start yelling. Ref, Ref, should pushing my DD.

However, to answer your question in QT. You have to have skill, IQ, and be physical to qualify if you're wanting to be in Div I. In Div II all three tend to drop just a little.

The kick it and go will only working Div II or Div II. No longer will you find the Speedster that you can kick it and go. Div I teams have defenders that are just as fast and skillful.

What Div are you attempting to qualify for?
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

"Clean" Play  vs. "Rough and Physical" Empty Re: "Clean" Play vs. "Rough and Physical"

Post by Bigfoot 15/04/12, 11:45 am

Its Me wrote:I don't understand. What is your comparison to "Clean Play" vs "Rough and Physical".
Most parents don't understand that soccer is a contact sport and you can have a clean game that's physical.

Rough has degrees that referees have to look at. Is the rough play careless, reckless, or excessive.

To many times on the field you'll see two girls going shoulder to shoulder and parents start yelling. Ref, Ref, should pushing my DD.

However, to answer your question in QT. You have to have skill, IQ, and be physical to qualify if you're wanting to be in Div I. In Div II all three tend to drop just a little.

The kick it and go will only working Div II or Div II. No longer will you find the Speedster that you can kick it and go. Div I teams have defenders that are just as fast and skillful.

I agree with its me on the physical play still being quality.
But in the QT the kick and run will have huge advantages, players at this level have many breakdown and speed wins out. when they get older and really start playing as a team skill is more important but QT speed will win most of the time.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/04/12, 11:46 am

As far as qualifying goes, from what I've heard, most teams will abandon "the beautiful game" to a certain extent and play the ugliest soccer you will ever see just to win. Pack the box, kick ball, whatever it take to score or not be scored on. Hopefully, AFTER qualifying we will see pretty soccer from most. I love seeing girls put a little body on each other...shoulder to shoulder fight for it!! (Yes, I love hockey too). But physical play is awesome...just not dirty, cheap shots. That is totally uncool. Lots of parents think every time a kid falls it is a foul. Not so! That is exciting soccer baby. Wish my kid were more aggressive, I keep hoping when those puberty hormones kick in she will get meaner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 15/04/12, 01:15 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
Its Me wrote:I don't understand. What is your comparison to "Clean Play" vs "Rough and Physical".

I agree with its me on the physical play still being quality.
But in the QT the kick and run will have huge advantages, players at this level have many breakdown and speed wins out. when they get older and really start playing as a team skill is more important but QT speed will win most of the time.

Bigfoot you are correct. During qualifying the teams are matched according to rankings. Therefore the speed on the top teams will out pace the lower level teams. The middle of the pack teams will be able to outpace the Arlington/Plano teams. So you'll see all kind of soccer out there. The top teams will play their game and you'll be able to tell who has technique vs kickball.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 15/04/12, 02:46 pm

Now you're talking perspective.

The quality coaches will teach a much better game; win or lose you'll see good soccer.
Most coaches (unfortunately) don't teach quality soccer because they either don know how or they're simply in it to win now....and sadly, many parents like this success and therefore fall into the "but we're winning" mentality. Typically these players are the ones who struggle when their 14 and 15 because athleticism evens out more and the girls who learn the game begin to rise and excel.

From experience 3x over, only a handful of D1 teams actually play good soccer.
The others rely on shear athleticism and over-aggressiveness to find a way to win. And these fall into the kick and run mentality simply because they can get away with it and the coaches favor it because "it's a win". Unfortunate.

I believe a greater number of D2 team play a better game because they have to in order to compete with the higher ranked teams. They have a better understanding of the team game an how to rely on the technical to achieve success.

Theres always exceptions, but all that to say: good coaches teach and don't take shortcuts. The lesser coaches will.

The other note that's important to understand is that the north Texas referees are generally notorious for letting the over-aggressiveness take precedence over quality play. And many will referee the game with an adults perspective and not that of the 11 year old game. This is where the NTX teams get in trouble when they travel away and play other top programs abroad....those teams are just as physical but they're very disciplined and very technical. In other words, they're more balanced and well-rounded. Again, the more quality the coach the more well-rounded the player and team...regardless of the wins and losses.

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SeaShephard 15/04/12, 08:28 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
SeaShephard
SeaShephard
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down