North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

best and worst place to buy soccer shoes/gear? Why? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

best and worst place to buy soccer shoes/gear? Why?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

best and worst place to buy soccer shoes/gear? Why? Empty best and worst place to buy soccer shoes/gear? Why?

Post by sideliner 23/07/12, 05:22 pm

Very Happy Question What a Face curious if there is any reason to drive out to soccer city or join the masses at dick's....
sideliner
sideliner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

best and worst place to buy soccer shoes/gear? Why? Empty Re: best and worst place to buy soccer shoes/gear? Why?

Post by imasoccerfreak 23/07/12, 05:49 pm

Depends on where you live. There is an awesome little store out in McKinney called Soccer Post. If you go on a weekend and it's busy, the guy who runs the place gets really frazzled and comes off as rude to some (who don't recognize frazzle). But if you go during the week, they are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, and the prices are the same as other places, and the selection is MUCH better than Dick's or Sports Authority. My dd likes it because he has a place where you can shoot wearing the prospective cleats.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

best and worst place to buy soccer shoes/gear? Why? Empty Re: best and worst place to buy soccer shoes/gear? Why?

Post by golgolgol 23/07/12, 05:51 pm

soccer corner is good too. Several locations around DFW.

Sometimes I'll have my kid try on a shoe locally and buy it cheaper on soccer.com once I know the size I need.

golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 23/07/12, 09:20 pm

It depends on the quality of cleat your looking for. If you are looking for the real thing. Soccer Corner in Plano is good and so is Soccer City in Lewisville. If you are looking for the "fakers" as my DD calls them you can do Academy, Sports Authority, or Dicks.
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/07/12, 09:26 pm

Soccer corner has weekends that they do a mass liquidation of all there shoes and clothing. You can find many deals! Really good prices on k-leather, and calf leather youth shoes. Prices change though when your DD hit size 6 shoe! i a pretty particular about the shoes i put on my DD feet! pay a little extra for a real leather of k-leather shoe to protect their feet. just my opinion!

Back to top Go down

Post by SoonerFan 23/07/12, 09:49 pm

Spend the money and join the goal club and order from soccer.com. Fast shipping and good on returns. You can find some really good deals when they run their sales and then if you join their Goal Club you get that discount as well.

SoonerFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JH01 23/07/12, 09:52 pm

Best place to buy on line deals at Eurosport.

Worst Place to buy is Soccer Corner, prices are high.

JH01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by grassyknoll 24/07/12, 12:08 am

JH01 wrote: Best place to buy on line deals at Eurosport.

Isn't Eurosport and soccer.com the same company? Great deals. Especially w/ the goal club discount.
grassyknoll
grassyknoll
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by golgolgol 24/07/12, 12:16 am

grassyknoll wrote:

Isn't Eurosport and soccer.com the same company? Great deals. Especially w/ the goal club discount.

yes they are the same company.

Soccer Corner will give discounts if you are a coach or club soccer player, and many times, I find the price of boots there comparable to the retail price on Soccer.com

Where you save is that soccer.com will clear out 1 year old boots for half price where Soccer Corner keeps them close to retail for much longer before putting them on sale.

Soccer Corner does come in handy when you need something right away too.

I still shop both, Soccer Corner and Soccer.com

golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 24/07/12, 06:46 am

Copas is my DD's shoe of choice, which can be picked up at Dicks.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 24/07/12, 07:00 am

Seven wrote:If you are looking for the "fakers" as my DD calls them you can do Academy, Sports Authority, or Dicks.

There's a saying....

It's not the weapon, but the warrior.

txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/12, 07:47 am

I guess they treat some better than others. i use my coaching discount and receive 15-20% off all purchases. Also, it is very important you hit soccer corner during there liquidation weekends and buy two or three pairs of shoes when discounted!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 24/07/12, 07:51 am

txtransplant wrote:
Seven wrote:If you are looking for the "fakers" as my DD calls them you can do Academy, Sports Authority, or Dicks.

There's a saying....

There is another saying. "buy plastic cleats and your feet will hurt"
If your going to spend as much time in your shoes as these girls do would you not buy quality gear also?
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/12, 07:57 am

Seven wrote:
txtransplant wrote:

There's a saying....

There is another saying. "buy plastic cleats and your feet will hurt"
If your going to spend as much time in your shoes as these girls do would you not buy quality gear also?

Seven, is absolutely correct! Extra money spent on quality shoes will protect your DD feet in the long run!

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 24/07/12, 08:24 am

I spent many years selling athletic shoes. The most important thing is the fit. Not the brand. Not the make. Not the bells and whistles.

My daughter's "fakers" cleats were still $90 at Academy. And they're made with the same material as the $219 cleats at Soccer Corner.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 24/07/12, 08:33 am

txtransplant wrote:I spent many years selling athletic shoes. The most important thing is the fit. Not the brand. Not the make. Not the bells and whistles.

My daughter's "fakers" cleats were still $90 at Academy. And they're made with the same material as the $219 cleats at Soccer Corner.

You and I have a different definition of "fakers" I was referring to the 30 dollar plastic cleats that are look-a-likes of the higher quality shoes. If you buy a good pair of leather cleats you should be good to go. Bells and whistles are for bicycles. So yes I agree 219 bucks for a pair of cleats for a DD that's feet are still growing is frivolous
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 24/07/12, 08:54 am

I'm just not a fan of labeling kids by what they wear on their feet. Not every family is fortunate enough to be able to spend $75 - $100 on a pair of cleats.

I've seen just as many kids in cheap cleats play outstanding soccer as I've seen kids in top of the line cleats that don't have the first idea of how to properly strike the ball... hence my original post.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DDx4 24/07/12, 09:20 am

Best place is Soccer Premier in Dallas, we make the trip, because it is worth it. They give club discounts as well. Huge Place for all your soccer needs. I do NOT like Soccer Corner, rude people. And their prices are high. I have 4 DD and when I buy shoes, I BUY shoes!
DDx4
DDx4
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/12, 10:44 am

txtransplant wrote:I spent many years selling athletic shoes. The most important thing is the fit. Not the brand. Not the make. Not the bells and whistles.

I would be very curious to know which specific shoe is $219 at Soccer Corner and $90 at Academy. Something tells me you're describing two completely different models that are made to look alike.

Back to top Go down

Post by golgolgol 24/07/12, 10:49 am

txtransplant wrote:I'm just not a fan of labeling kids by what they wear on their feet. Not every family is fortunate enough to be able to spend $75 - $100 on a pair of cleats.

I've seen just as many kids in cheap cleats play outstanding soccer as I've seen kids in top of the line cleats that don't have the first idea of how to properly strike the ball... hence my original post.

If you can't afford $75 cleats then you certainly have no business signing your kid up for select soccer in North Texas.

I agree with others here... My dd spends a lot of time in those boots so I make sure they fit well and feel good. I never pay 219 for boots but wait until they are on sale for 100. I rarely pay more than 90-100 for her boots.

When she was younger and growing fast I spent $50 for kangaroo leather boots on eBay from clearance sales. She would grow two shoe sizes in a year most times. Now that she is older and no longer growing out of them, she can wear a pair an entire select season, which also includes field hockey in the fall and high school soccer in the winter.

Soccer Corner in Southlake is where I shop, they always give me discounts and I usually spend more time there chatting with them than buying things, they are the nicest folks.

golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer-Fan 24/07/12, 11:42 am

I "LIKE" The Soccer corner (in Plano). I find the staff knowledgeable and friendly. They seem to always have the shoes we're looking for in the sizes we need. I get annoyed at places that have 100 boots on the wall and nothing in the size you need. 10% club discount helps too.
Soccer-Fan
Soccer-Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 24/07/12, 12:12 pm

I have a vote for the worst... Hibbett Sports in Little Elm. They always have the minimal selection of soccer shoes available. The shoes that they do have are low quality. They also never seem to have the correct sizes.

Hibbett has a good selection of other sporting goods available but the only reason you should shop for soccer shoes there is if it's an emergency.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Type 1 left-footer 24/07/12, 12:33 pm

DDx4 wrote:Best place is Soccer Premier in Dallas, we make the trip, because it is worth it. They give club discounts as well. Huge Place for all your soccer needs. I do NOT like Soccer Corner, rude people. And their prices are high. I have 4 DD and when I buy shoes, I BUY shoes!

I have been in this store 2x and both times I got completely ignored by the sales people.
They need a freaking bell or something that you can ring to get their attention. I am not joking that I stood in line behind a person paying for a purchase and when I stepped up to try and buy the socks from behind the counter the sales guy just walked away. WTH?
I would not recommend this place at all. Mad
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/12, 12:38 pm

txtransplant wrote:I'm just not a fan of labeling kids by what they wear on their feet. Not every family is fortunate enough to be able to spend $75 - $100 on a pair of cleats.

I don't think anyone on this post has said that the shoe a player wears makes the player. Just that a good idea would be to invest in a leather pair of shoes or a k-leather shoe that would possibly protect a young players feet in the long run! These shoes can be purchased at the youth sizes for $40-$60 dollars in all brands. If your purchasing $219 dollar shoes, well great, but not necessary!

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 24/07/12, 12:47 pm

totalsoccer wrote:

I don't think anyone on this post has said that the shoe a player wears makes the player. Just that a good idea would be to invest in a leather pair of shoes or a k-leather shoe that would possibly protect a young players feet in the long run! These shoes can be purchased at the youth sizes for $40-$60 dollars in all brands. If your purchasing $219 dollar shoes, well great, but not necessary!

I suspect the reaction was to: "If you are looking for the "fakers" as my DD calls them you can do Academy, Sports Authority, or Dicks."

Perhaps it was taken wrong, but when I first read it, it came across as kind of elitist, as if the cleats you purchase at those outlets were less acceptable.

As I read subsequent posts, I'm not sure it was meant that way, but at first glance that's what I saw, too.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next